Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: First time TTC

LOL Yes I like to talk! Its probably because I have so much time on my hands here at work. I sit on messenger as well and talk a friend all day long

WalkingArt - your DH sounds sooo nice!! My DP did the same thing this morning, my alarm woke me up and I took my temp and the next thing he's awake asking if we should have another go at making a baby!! I explained to him that I am not fertile at the moment and we should be doing it every second day. But we decided to anyway! hehe the more practise the better hey girls!

It'll be good if we all announce we are pg at the same time!

Charlyfrog - I came in to work this morning with a HUGE smile on my face and I was already asked why I am so happy! I was also commented on how nice I look today (Spring has sprung today - 29 degrees! so I came to work in my summer clothes) I am the only female working with 10 other guys too, so for them to notice is a big thing! Must be beaming with excitement or something like that.

Atleast we can talk about it on here hey? It relieves some of the frustration.
    Last edited by Ngala; September 29th, 2006 at 10:51 AM.

ngala how funny that your workmates said that. You must have been glowing from BD!

I hope to be glowing from pg soon!!

It must also be because its a long weekend over here and the weather is going to be beautiful - Sunshine here I come!!

It sounds like we are all around the same time with CD and when AF is approx due.

Ngala i am also on CD7 and Charlyfrog with my ireegular periods i always go by the date of the following month the same day as i had this month which will make it the 23rd Oct but sometimes it's to the date sometimes 10 days over sometimes 7 never know!!!

I'm on hols at the moment a DP just rang from work to see what i was up too and lazy me at 11 i was still in bed but it's funny i woke at 9 on dote which is when i have been temping and told DP that i had done my temp and went back to sleep. He then went on to ask how my throat was cos i had an infection early in the week he thought i must have had a temp from that even though i have told him what i'm doing very sweet man but can forget to listen but i do love him dearly...

All your men sound great ans are being very supportive which i think is great and us girls need it especially if you havn't told anyone you are TTC i have told my close group of friends and our family i'm a bit of a chatter box as you might have noticed and find keeping things to myself hard.. All have been supportive in ways but can bug me a bit when they say it wll happen when it's meant too even though the two main ones that say it fell Pg first go no fair...

Well we are starting BD tonight so wish me luck. Have lots ofs going out and pink and blue .
    Jane

Hi
    Im soooo naughty logging on at work but after I found this thread last night I was wondering what you were all up to today.
    I am TTC #2 and am CD11 so yeah this weekend is going to be a BD fest me thinks (hopes) heheh
    Anyway hope we can all keep in touch during our TTC journey.. its so nice to have people to talk to in the same position.
    Jane
    xx

I didnt realise until coming on here that so many people had such long cycles! Obviously on the pill I was having 28 day cycles But before the pill I was have really short and irregular cycle. I think my shortest was 14 days or something! :eek: So thats why I went on the pill. My first 2 cycle after pill was 28 and the last one was only 25 so it will be interesting to see how long this one will be.

Jane - we are on the same cycle day! YAY Are you temping with FF??

My DP is like that too - he forgets what I tell him and its really frustrating!! He is a busy man tho, has got his own roof tiling business and works 7 days a week so I dont get too annoyed!

Jane, I want to tell my family that we are TTC but I dont think my mum will be very happy. She thinks that I should wait a few more years before a baby comes.

Good luck with BD!! lots and lots of for you

Hi Jane! LOL I am probably not allowed on this site either at work but there is no one in my area in the office, I am down stairs and everyone else is upstairs. Got a pretty good setup here, if anyone comes to see me then I quickly switch windows and pretend like I am doing something. Must look pretty sus sometimes tho!

Goodluck with TTC #2 You must be coming up to you O time soon? So lots and lots of and to you!!

You working girls are hilarious!!
    I am currently struggling to type as my amazingly cute almost 2yr old is sitting on my lap giggling trying to catch my fingers as they type .... so prdn eny splnk meestayks!!! ROFL!!!!

Am loving connecting with chickys in the same boat too.......
    .....oh for goodness sakes!!! BBL - taking sausage here to bed now!!!

Hi

Yeah i am sitting at the back of the office today so noone can see my puter but if my boss is here he sits in a goldfish bowl of an office behind me (luckily they are away)
    Hmm anyway im not too busy today so I will get away with it
    Yeah i think i will be coming up to O time soon but to be honest i am not really sure as i have been on the pill for ever and I was lucky enough to get pregnant with Luke the 2nd month trying .... this is the first month for #2 so i am curious to see if i will luck out again. I just have never got to the point of temping etc ( i know i am so lucky) i have a few friends who have been TTC for months and they are getting really fustrated.

All the best and lots of baby dusk for everyone !!!
    Jane
    xx

Jane73 - Are you charting with Fertility Friend? I'd reccommend doing it! This is the first cycle that I am doing it and the reason I signed up was to see if I am ovulating after coming of the pill. I think I did ovulate last cycle as I had what could have been ovulating pains, not sure because first time I had the pains! So I will be able to know now with FF. I am doing a free course as well on it, very interesting!

Oh I just read that you havent been temping. We'll I wish you luck! Hopefully you will fall pg first time again.

Oh thats so cute charlyfrog! My newphew is 3 yrs old, I used to babysit him quite a bit but not anymore. I see him mostly at my mum house and he is absolutely adorable! Always talking about his toy cars and making them crash. I cant wait to have my own lil bundle of joy!

Oh - Starting to get clucky!

Ngala its funny you mention the ovulation pains and not having had them before while on the pill. Its exactly the same with me, i dont think i have ever had ovulation pains until i came off the pill. Maybe i was never really paying attention or something. Has anyone else found this?

I actually thought that it was my appendix!! ROFL And then I starting reading on here and learnt that it wasnt. Oh and also cause appendix are in a different spot then where the pain was coming form

Ok back!

WalkingArt - altho it's been 3yrs now since coming off the pill, I don't remember 'o' pains but this month!! I'm not sure if it's because this forum has really helped me understand my body better so I am more aware, but my 'o' pains were quite strong! (I am coupling it with a pap that took forever too - so insides may have been feeling somewhat assaulted!) but still, I only remember slight discomfort on the pill when AF arrived.

Ngala - you are an endless supply of giggles for me!! LOL!!!

Hi
    Yeah i think if i dont have any joy in the first couple of months TTC i will give the temping a go. I am fairly intune with my body and what it is doing so I will use that as my guide for now.
    When I am at home its near on impossible to get on the computer with Luke always wanting to help. I have a laptop and he likes to pull the cords out of it which is not so good. I miss him today as I only usually work 3 day and this week i have had to do 4 as my boss away.... we dont have any family here so its another day at childcare for him , luckily he loves it so much or it would be very hard !
    =)
    J

ROFLMAO - Charlyfrog, well I am blonde and I sometimes, not often! Have some 'blonde' moments

Ngala - ROFL!!! You're a kak!!! Unfortunatley, can't blame my hair colour for my 'dits'....

Jane - It was nice to see someone else who isn't temping!! It's taken me til now to work out what my body is doing (we are in month 5 of TTC#2) and I don't use any OPK's either....I know how badly focussed on getting pg I'd be if I had something to remind me every single day and then, because I know me (funny that! LOL!), I wouldn't be having all the fun I am currenlty having BD!!! I'd be way too focussed on the potential outcome!! Still, I am getting stacks of great info hanging around all you girls so keep it coming!!!!!
    - No doubt I'll either scream, 'yay' or yell, 'oh bum' when the testing time comes!! LOL!!

I'm so sorry your missing your little guy!! He's such a gem to love his childcare!! Only few hours left!!

Thanks Charlyfrog xx
    Yeah at this stage I am trying not to get too focussed on TTC as its been a long and tough road for me to make my decision on TTC#2 I have lots of "issues" left over from a really hard time in the first 18mths of Lukes life... I might post about it actually as i think it may do me good to get it out and everyone is so supportive here that I am sure it might help. Thats a whole new topic though. But basically we were both very sick afer the birth and spend a whole lot of time in hospital seperated and isolated as they did not know what was wrong with me. Then due to a combination of the effects of that and other stuff Luke was very very unsettled and sickly for ages.. I ended up with PND and had a really hard time of it all. I feel like I have made a huge breakthrough in even attemping #2 so I dont want to pressure myself or my DH as we are fairly fragile still .

Yeah only a few hours left !! yay
    Jane
    x

Oh Jane that would have been so horrible! But it is really good that you have managed to get past it and start trying for a lil brother or sister for your little one. I understand why you dont want to be doing the temping, I really hope that everything goes well and smoothly for you this time round.

That is a fear of mine, that something goes wrong with my baby, or me, PND.. but I know from just hearing your experiences that you can get past it. I really really hope everything goes well. I will be thinking about you.

Well the main reason I am temping is because I like learning new things and it keeps my occupied! I have a very active mind that is always thinking! And really, I am not at the stage yet to understand what my body is doing because my cycles were so over the place and was on the pill for a while and just didnt think about what my body was doing. I dont get bad PMS, I am dreading the day that is going to hit me tho! So I know that if I get cramps this cycle or the next then I could be pregnant! Or AF could just be making me suffer from never having them.

jane73 - i am so sorry to hear about your hard times but its great to see you are reaching the light at the end of the tunnel and i am sure everything will be ok this time around, you have us all for support!

ngala - so TRUE! i always worry that it is my appendix too (not that i know what it feels like but from what people have said about it being a really sharp pain)

I think it really does come down to the fact that we are now in tune with our bodies and about what should and is happening.

janeo - AF is due on 23rd for me too so we might be testing at the same time!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast