Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying #2

Default Gender Swaying #2

This thread is for members who wish to discuss methods such as diet, intercourse timing and altering the vaginal environment in order to TTC a baby of a specific gender.
    There is an article on the Shettles Method here if you want to find out more about intercourse timing and positions to maximise your chances of concieving a specific gender. In order to use the Shettles method you will need to have an understanding of charting your cycle. You can find an article about charting here or discuss it with others in our Charting Your Cycle Forum.
    If you're experiencing feelings of gender dissappointment there is a discussion about this topic here
    The previous thread can be found here.
    Good Luck!!!

posting so i can get the notifications.
    Sorry Kate i dont know the answer to your questions I am sure someone here will.

so i am split in two minds about what sex Baby no#2 is going to be. we did dtd through out the cycle to decrease sperm count and was after dh had been in bed a while so he was warmer but didnt deliberatly eat specific foods for a girl, and may have dtd too close to O.
    anyway time will tell i guess!

hello everyone ..... well I'm trying for a girl.. according to my chart I'm on CD11, its my first cycle since I stopped BFing so based on my cycle 2 years ago (OMG) I Ovulated on CD16, not sure I can use this as a guide but we stopped BDing today...... so hopefully I catch the egg!!

I've also been drinking loads of milk and eating loads of cheese and yoghurt......

Kate :- I think grapefruit, cranberry and pineapple etc are all acidic which is a great environment for boys... hence me doing the opposite with the alkaline.... milk cheese and all things dairy!!

Congratulations Nickers!!

How close to O did you stop BDing? Are you going to find out the sex or wait till the big day?

only about 24-36hrs before i O'd we DTD....
    the cycle before it was about 4 days before O and was obviously too far before for us.
    i would ahve liked 2-3days before but anyway!
    i think we will find out the sex again as we did with DS. I'd like to know if i will be re using a lot of DS clothes or getting lots of pink stuff lol!
    and athough i will love bub just as much i dont want to get my hopes up for a girl and be shocked the day i have the baby to find out i have another son.
    i hope your little girls sperms find a nice warm hiding place and wait for the egg to appear! did u use any other methods in trying for a girl other then timing?

No not yet.... just the timing and having more dairy than usual.... I still think I'll be extremely lucky if I conceive, since I still have 6 days till I ovulate, at least I think I do!!! I really need to chart a couple of cycles so that I can see what my body is up to, I may ovulate earlier or not till much later!!

I have a friend who has two little boys... 3 and 18 months and seeing her with them and how much she adores them makes me realise that at the end of the day it doesn't really matter what we end up with!!

Best of luck Chantal and maybe you should check your cycles more closely as that far beforehand might hinder you becoming pregnant at all, as you said yourself

Kate: I know cranberry is on the girl list of things to take so might not be for a boy, better double check that one and yes you are testing DH's sperm for ph levels, seems that guys with really high levels produce more boys, but it can be risen as well, there is a lady who is ttcing a boy(who i think is just pregnant) on that site i gave you and she has a mountain of info on how to change ph levels etc for ttc a boy specifically, might be helpful to you

Kate... yep, Cranberry is on the girl list. I know grapefruit is good at getting your more CM and pineappe juice is good because it has lots of potassium.

Can i just make things clear. When talking about the 'girl' and 'boy' diet we are talking about levels of calcium/magnesium and potassium/sodium. These elements have proven to increase your chances to conceive a particular gender (not 100%!!)

There are other diets that women talk about and they don't take fully into accout the calcium/magnesium and potassium/sodium, they focus more on raising and lowering your pH.

Tanya

When we TTC and get PG again we will find out the sex as well, if we are having another girl (which we'd still be thrilled about, don't get me wrong!) it may take a bit of getting used to!

Does anyone know at what point of your cycle EWCM is supposed to happen.... ? Before, during or after O?

I didn't realise that Cranberry was good for conceiving girls so I'm off to get some today... I know its good for everything else female so thats just a bonus!! I recently saw a naturopath who put me on some Magnesium and Potassium tablets so I've cut back on the Potassium until I fall pregnant and see what happens!!

Chantel: EWCM usually starts a day or so before O and is at its peak on the day of O, although some woman can get it 6 days before O and up too or some get none at all, its a very different thing for everyone i think
    Also with the cranberry if you check on the girl list you will see recommended levels to take of it

I am still believing that PH levels are a huge help to the gender swaying, but still no garantee, hence why i am still reading and looking and not planning as yet lol

A few are pregnant atm in another site so will be watching what happens with them over the next few months, they better find out what they are having lol

Hi All, I'd really like a boy, but I know for a fact that when I O'd this month, my CM was acidic so I am more prone to a girl am I not??

Thanks Belinda... I'm getting the EWCM now but didn't think I was due to Ovulate till CD16, hopefully O doesnt' happen for another 3 days or I may have hit it too close!! As I said, my last cycle was nearly 2 years ago so thats not much of a guide!!

If it all goes pear shaped this time around then I will definitely look into Ph testing!!

Belinda, usually the 'girl' or 'boy' diet will help get your pH where you want it. But like I said some women have just eated and recommened things that only adjust your pH and do not adhere to the specific diets... Does that make sense?

Tanya

if i do decide to ttc again, which is pretty likely as i am not letting this go so far, then i am considering changing diet with certain things to see if it changes ph levels then slowly add more if that doesnt seem to be doing the trick, dont want to start with taking everything if i dont have too

And yes i understand what you mean about the diet getting skewed into different things

sounds like a good plan Kate

And not that much between Mason and Kelsey at all, so yeah who knows lol, that would be funny

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

We are hoping for a boy and abstained until the day I'm certain was my O day and then again the day after O.

ohhh Kate i love your new ticker pic how cute are the girls!
    im not sure about the testing with ph levels but i would think acidic for boys because they say havign an orgasm before conceiving a boy is best because of the acidity in it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast