Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying Information #6

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer13 View Post
    Have no idea about throughout my cycle, only looking at officially TTC from Jan onwards, so I was just getting a sneaky check in. When are the best times to check? I tested right before O. As for DP's semen, maybe I'll try that next time we use a condom. Had no idea about his side of things!
    Ok, from now on check your pH every day.... you may even notice changes with the moon!! Mine hardly ever changed, always low! Even with multiple big O daily and lots of ewcm!! Ended up douching, using egg whites and baking soda finger.

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    i re read through the instructions with the ph strips and it does say if you dont have a complete match that you should read the top one first. pheww cause thats what i have been doing!
    i have noticed that different times of the day my ph can go from being quiet acidic to optimal so i have been making sure that when we dtd its when its acidic, it seems more acidic in the evening so we have been dtd in the evenings.
    i didnt know u could check dh semen with the ph strips??!! so what should it be for a girl??
    pH of dh semen should be 7-7.5 (you can lower even further to 4-4.5 with lime once if you want).

Also BDing in the evening is best when TTC a girl the sperm count is usually lowest then and hence more favourable for x sperm so good to hear your pH is going down then too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post

pH of dh semen should be 7-7.5 (you can lower even further to 4-4.5 with lime once if you want).
    do you mean after we have dtd i should use some lime?
    i have been douching 30min b4 dtd with vinegar and water to try and lower ph more.

this is so random but thought i'd share anyway... i have the maybe baby and today got dh to supply me with some so i could test ph level and examine, i put a touch of it on the maybe baby thing and wow you could see thousands of lil sperm swimming around!
    i thought it was the most amazing thing to actually see

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    do you mean after we have dtd i should use some lime?
    i have been douching 30min b4 dtd with vinegar and water to try and lower ph more.

this is so random but thought i'd share anyway... i have the maybe baby and today got dh to supply me with some so i could test ph level and examine, i put a touch of it on the maybe baby thing and wow you could see thousands of lil sperm swimming around!
    i thought it was the most amazing thing to actually see
    WHat I meant when I said you could lower DH sperm pH when it is out of his body only refers to if you were going to inseminate or do a higher tech sway.

I did the same thing with DP's sperm, I was getting paranoid after 8 cycles of ttc so just wanted to check Apparently x & y sperm swim differently.... can't remember the difference, but that also had me intrigued. What was your DH's pH? Maybe next time you could add a little lime juice and see what happens to them then They should change quite a bit.

its funny u say that cause the more i examined there did seem to be a difference in sperm and i wondered if 1 type was male and 1 type female!
    dh ph on the sperm was too high (like 9) so thats good to know i will try doing that and adding some lime.
    so could that mean that even if i lowered my ph to a 4 but his sperm was at around a 9 the boys have more chance??

Yep, you want to try and stop the X sperm before they even reach you. Get him to take cranberry... I will look up how much...

"1,500 to 10,000 mg fresh fruit equivalent; This is based on equal to fresh fruit equivalent, not amount on bottle. This part can be tricky. So, 10,000 ml equivalent to fresh fruit) take from af to O this is taken to lower pH . side effect: blood thinner...
    DH pH can be changed quickly with these- he should take as much needed the day before bd to achieve low pH"
    Last edited by Tanya; December 30th, 2010 at 08:44 AM. Reason: forgot to say the quote was from ingender :)

Well, it seems at least DP is avoiding everything that contributes to girl sperm without even trying... Lime, cranberry, if I even suggested he needed to take that to get the gender we want, he'd probably opt out before starting! :LOL:

I might go back and read the boy diet stuff for me again. Adding vegemite and salt and more bananas to my diet probably isn't enough on its own! I will be so pleased to ditch those when I'm pg.

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can buy PH strips from? The chemist? And I am assuming that I use CM rather than peeing on them? Lol!

Thanks.

Ash, I got my PH strips off ebay - just search PH test strips.
    Yes, you use cm apparently...

Goodluck !

Thanks Jahzara! I appreciate it. I'll check eBay.

Yup, ebay... and don't forget to test DH!!

Jen, The diet can be sooo tricky!! A few things off the top of my head, you will need a soy milk with NO calcium added but do not let DH drink it (I used to keep my mashed potato and white sauce separate to everyone elses), don't go over board with the salt, if it is too high you can kill off Y sperm. Have a couple of glasses of FRESH juice daily. If you don't like Vegemite, don't eat it Get some Yeast flakes from your health food store, add them to everything you can One of my fave meals was scambled eggs whites with tomato and capsicum (and yeast flakes), avocado on the toast and topped with alfalfa *YUM*
    Last edited by Tanya; January 5th, 2011 at 01:39 PM.

Hello

Well I tried the gender swaying on my last cycle but freaked out because I wasnt getting a positive OPK! So we just starting BDing. We didnt fall pregnant... I am not too sure what I want to do with this cycle. I do want to try and sway for a boy but I think I want to just get pg now and not risk taking forever to fall pg!

How do you get past this? How many cycles could it take until you are successful?! And then there is really no garantee that you have your boy even though you tried everything possible to sway that way....

I might go and have a read of the boy diet and see if there is anything I can add to my diet to help sway for the boy. You need to be on the diet for a lil while for it to have any effects hey?

talk to ur hubbs sperm ngala lol

ive told my DH to have a chat with them and tell em i want a girl damn it lol

Hi ladies, we're also TTC in the coming months and am hoping for a girl - i've been sitting here reading so much info on how to go about it my head is spinning! We have two beautiful boys and this baby will be our last so we figured we'd give it our best shot of having a girl.

hmmm my post isn't here don't you just hate that! I asked how you test to see if you are acidic or alkaline? do you test your CM with a ph strip?

opps forgot to say hello and welcome to Boo!
    Last edited by Cherished; January 11th, 2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: note to Boo

From what I've read Cherished that's how you test it (i've printed a heap of stuff off to read when my 2 boys are in bed!)

Hello, Trying for a Girl (happy with boy tho ) we have a son 8 months old
    any hints tips i hear so many i dont know what ones are true can some one tell me witch ones are true and any one tell me whos tryd them and have it actually work ?

am i in the write thread please message me on here or inbox me telling me or givien me the new thread or something

Hi Guys,

Just thought I'd pop in here quickly to say hello and update. I got in touch with A-Gender in November (thanks Tanya) and got my girl plan. We had our first attempt this cycle and I am currently in the TWW. According to the girl energy dates that they gave me, January is the only month from Jan -June that I will ovulate in a strong girl energy period. So that makes me all the more eager for this attempt to be successful, although I have my doubts. I was surprised at how effective the cranberry was at drying up the CM - I had much less EWCM than usual. I am hoping that it will favour conception of a girl, but I am also a little worried as to whether the environment would have been too hostile for any sperm to survive! I still have to wait at least a week before I can test. Fingers are crossed but I am trying not to get my hopes up at the same time!

Ngala - there is heaps of info on the net about alkaline diets that will be of assistance to you in the conception of a boy. I would also check out the blog on the boy/girl energy period study on the A-Gender website - its pretty compelling.

Oh - and I got my ph test strips from my local health food store. They came in a pack of 100 which is pretty handy.

Hi jellybean,

i will be awaiting eagerly to hear if you get that BFP soon!
    we are in our 2nd month of ttc a girl, i have been doing swaying things and logged onto in-gender, did you pay for a full girl plan thing or something?
    i have been drinking lots of cranberry juice (i dont mind it so thats good) and taking cranberry tablets.

Ngala - its hard isnt it, you really want to fall pg but dont want to be stopping yourself because your trying to sway.
    i found using the ph strips very good. when i first got them i was surprised to see how alkaline i was (which favours a boy) so i have changed my diet and now i am quiet acidic (favouring a girl)
    I have read a lot about timing, etc and when i look back i can see how easily we got 2 boys! we dtd just once, was right around O and hadnt dtd that cycle so dh's sperm count would have been higher.
    with dtd girl we are trying to lower it a bit and dtd more often

Tanya - just wanted to ask you about adding the lime to dh's sperm. i tried this last night, but i think i may have added too much and killed them! cause i looked under the microscope and couldnt find any little swimmers like last month when i first did that little experiment!

Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast