Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Gender Swaying Information #6

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulMadness View Post
    Hello everyone

Im a mum of two very loud,cheeky,stubborn boys and id love a lil girl....anyways i can try and sway it my way

cause i heard it has alot to fo with the tiems of day you BD to how often etc
    I just found out we are having a girl! I actually was planning on Gender swaying this time around as we only want 2 children. I got a bit lazy that month and we only DTD twice, not paying attention to the timing. Turns out we DTD on the friday and conception happened on the Monday or the Tuesday. So luck was on our side.

My advice? Try the Shettles method with using ovulation detection kits. If you're serious about trying for a girl take your time to get to know your cycles. Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kaydee; December 21st, 2010 at 09:54 PM.

Well, not many people in here - but I thought I'd pop in seeing DH and I are thinking bout TTC next year - we'll be swaying for a girl but won't be too disappointed if we end up with a 2nd boy

so this is the month! AF finished and this is our first month of TTC a girl! i have to say i am quiet nervous, moslty about going too close or not close enough to O day.....
    i have got some OPK's which i have never used before, and i wonder when i get a positive opk that means O should occur in the next 2 days is it?? so should we cease all dtd when i get a positive OPK?
    i am temping too and have maybe baby which has just confused me cause i am only on CD9 (i O around CD15-16) and have had partial ferning???

Good luck Nic, we'll be finding out if our swaying worked on the 1st or 2nd of Feb

Fingers crossed you get your pink bundle.

YAY LJ! We can ttc together we will also be swaying for a girl but will not be disappointed if it's a boy either, it'd just mean that we'd end up with 3 kids rather than 2 kwim. I've been waiting for someone to post in here as when I posted it'd been quiet for a long time. So what method will you use to sway? I am still in 2 minds (read my post above) but I 'think' I'll go with DTD 4 days before ovulation as our OB confirmed that the male sperm are faster and female live longer so it logically makes sense to do that method. I will also try to eat acidic forming foods, but am yet to familiarisee myself with that completely. hmmm maybe there are some herbs my chinese herbal medicine man can put together? Anyway I think my body is trying to ovulate now, have had some really fertile CM yesterday so will be interesting to see if I get AF back in a couple of weeks. I was talking to mum yesterday as I knew she fell pregnant while breastfeeding her 3rd child. It turns she fell pregnant with twins when my brother was only 6 weeks old OMG can you imagine! she already had 3 kids one being only 6 weeks old and I know that she vomited every day of each pregnancy up until we were all born. Gosh I feel sorry for her! So the point to my story is that I hope I do get AF back and have a couple of cycles to chart and then can start ttc when DS is about 6 months old

Nic, have you tracked your pH? It won't matter too much if you get close to O if your pH is low enough. Make sure you get loads of BDing in before your attempt... it will help lower DH sperm cound and also HOT showers/baths for him

thanks Amanda, i have everything crossed for your lil bundle to be a pink one this time!

yeah Tanya i have been testing my ph and its pretty low i think (well the lowest the strip goes to 4 or 4.5?)
    do u happen to know with the ph strips you go off the top line over the bottom line? i keep finding the top and bottom are different like i havent really got a full match but the top one seems more acidic than the bottom
    dh has been reluctantly warming them up either by shower or heat pack

Can't believe your bubba is 3 months old!
    I might talk DH into doing this O+12 method I read about.. Though I told DH according to my chinese gender prediction chart, most of the year it'd be good chances for girl

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    i have got some OPK's which i have never used before, and i wonder when i get a positive opk that means O should occur in the next 2 days is it?? so should we cease all dtd when i get a positive OPK?
    That's what I read. OPKs can be expensive but I bought a large pack from the internet as well as a pack of normal expensive ones from the chemist and for a couple of months took them once (or twice) per day at around the same time when I thought I was close to ovulation. We DTD up until a positive was shown. The instructions that came with my tests said as soon as a test turned + then ovulation was to be expected in the next 24-48 hours. 4 months later we were pregnant.
    BEST OF LUCK!!

I know, 3 months has just flown bye when I blinked I think lol. Yes I'd like to hear from someone who had a few boys and then tried the o+12 method and had a girl. I think that maybe the acidic forming herb mix thingo that goes with the O+12 method might be what helps with a girl more so than the timing? My chinese herbal medicine man said that for a girl having an acidic environment rather than alkaline boosts your chances of a girl regardless of intercourse timing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    Nic, have you tracked your pH? It won't matter too much if you get close to O if your pH is low enough. Make sure you get loads of BDing in before your attempt... it will help lower DH sperm cound and also HOT showers/baths for him
    Tanya, for a boy, does your PH need to be slightly higher? I tested mine last month around O and it was on the high side of 'normal'. but I'm now confused if that means my diet changes have done what they're supposed to or not.

Hi Jennifer13

I'm trying for a girl, and I know that I have to lower my PH levels. I'm pretty sure for a boy that it is the opposite and you are trying to make it higher, more alkaline.

I'm sure Tanya will confirm it for you, she would know more about swaying for a boy. My boys just happened without trying.....as you can see need the girl recipie

Oh well, that's good news! I've been sort of on the boy diet for months, but not religious. I was pretty sure before that my diet very closely mimicked what is recommended for a girl, so I had to get used to a few different things, but I've only just tested pH.

Must start using those strips now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer13 View Post
    Tanya, for a boy, does your PH need to be slightly higher? I tested mine last month around O and it was on the high side of 'normal'. but I'm now confused if that means my diet changes have done what they're supposed to or not.
    For ttc a boy your pH should be high 7.5-9. What has your pH been doing throughout your cycle? Have you noticed it getting higher? Have you tested your DH's semen? it should be 9+

Quote Originally Posted by nickers View Post
    yeah Tanya i have been testing my ph and its pretty low i think (well the lowest the strip goes to 4 or 4.5?)
    do u happen to know with the ph strips you go off the top line over the bottom line? i keep finding the top and bottom are different like i havent really got a full match but the top one seems more acidic than the bottom
    dh has been reluctantly warming them up either by shower or heat pack
    Not sure about that, I can remember some women were saying the same thing... But it sounds like you are on the right track

Yeah, I've heard that too - been reading a bit into it and reading alot of the acidic stuff too. Glad I'm not the only one. If you find out anything, lemme know

Quote Originally Posted by Tanya View Post
    For ttc a boy your pH should be high 7.5-9. What has your pH been doing throughout your cycle? Have you noticed it getting higher? Have you tested your DH's semen? it should be 9+
    Have no idea about throughout my cycle, only looking at officially TTC from Jan onwards, so I was just getting a sneaky check in. When are the best times to check? I tested right before O. As for DP's semen, maybe I'll try that next time we use a condom. Had no idea about his side of things!

i re read through the instructions with the ph strips and it does say if you dont have a complete match that you should read the top one first. pheww cause thats what i have been doing!
    i have noticed that different times of the day my ph can go from being quiet acidic to optimal so i have been making sure that when we dtd its when its acidic, it seems more acidic in the evening so we have been dtd in the evenings.
    i didnt know u could check dh semen with the ph strips??!! so what should it be for a girl??

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast