Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a HCG question!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Ren I'm quietly stalking this thread waiting for your results and everytime you post I come dashing in!

ren, you must be getting anxious waiting for the results now.
    I'm thinking of you

I am the same as Sushee, you've certainly got me hanging in suspense and I am glad you are getting the results back today because I am leaving on hol's for a week tomorrow... xx

Oh Ren!

I dont think I can take it any more!! Ill be back latter to see what going on!!

Kate

Im sorry this is happening to you :hugs:

Doc rang. I'm NOT UTD. Not pregnant. No hcg. Never was Pregnant this cycle. Never using pregnow tests again they are inaccurate. Onto cycle 3. Waiting for bloody AF to arrive (how nice of her to be late and trick me) and going to have some more rum & cokes...

Thanks for the help and support girls i really do appreciate it. I'm ok... just gotta wait for AF to come.....when she feels like arriving that is....

sorry ren to hear that have also been stalking you, perhaps take a month off and enjoy the festive season

Ren, sorry darl. hope you are ok. xx

Once again im sorry :hugs:

Hun!! I thought you were going to wait till the 15th Dec before you test again!!!

I am soooo very sorry it's not going to happen NOW. Maybe you had a point in one of your posts - maybe you should not chart. I dare say (I am going to take some evil looks from the IVF-gang) but it seems like you are stressing soooo much over the charting. Let it be and relax and be honeymooners when you want too, not because it's your "time". Go al natural for a few cycles and then start charting again.

:hugs: So sorry!!

Unhappy

Aww- Renstar, I'm sorry! I will send you some of the LC tests i have- or u can get them off the internet- i just sent a money order- they are really cheap (like $1 each) but get the 10 miu ones so u dont have the same prob as i had with the 20 miu (they are ultra sensitive- says so on the pack)

I hope AF puts u out of your misery soon and u can concentrate on trying again... sounds like at least u had fun trying....! But on a serious note, come to think about it- maybe dont put in quite as much effort- let your mans little men have a chance to regroup for a day or two in between....
    Good luck!!

In frustration for you! xoxoxo
    Last edited by ~StarBright~; December 13th, 2007 at 11:42 PM.

Awwww Ren, hope you enjoy those drinks. Hope AF comes in the next few days.... you'd be due to BD around NYE Hehehehe! Sorry, couldn't help myself. Hope this makes you feel better!

Nadine - thanks hun but i'm not charting!! I haven't charted once!!!!! i dont like the idea of charting its not me. I don't plan on charting for another 2mths. if i'm not pregnant in 2mths then i may start!
    I also was going to test 15dec but that was based on AF being more than 10 days late and thats too long to wait lol... noone can wait THAT long! what difference does it make anyway, as i wasnt utd anyway so i found out sooner than later which i'm glad! onto cycle 3 now and most ppl try for at least 3 cycles....

Starbright - i bought some LC's so i'm stocked up for next time. DTD every night wasn't so much something we forced, we actually enjoy dtd that often!!! that's just us!!!! we love it! it will happen when its meant to, whether it be from doing it eveyr night or every 2nd night.

I'm ok girls, thanks for your support, geez i didnt realise i had so many stalkers.... i'm a bit embarassed now hehe but its nice to know you all care for me!

Well gotta wait for AF to arrive and feeling a bit hungover from those rums last night

LOL- Good stuff Ren!! I like your attitude!!! i didnt think you were forcing yourself (you are newly weds!! LOL) but i was a bit serious- his little men do need to time to make the right chromosomes and stuff- and form preoperly- if he keeps going every day they dont have time to form- dont mean to be a negative nancy- but that could be half the prob- they are getting to your egg- but they arnt doing the right thing when they get there.... coz they arnt ready IYKWIM thats why they recomend every second day- a couple of days in a row is ok- and hey- if your having fun trying- keep up the good work!!!! it just might take a little longer than you hope!!

Good luck- and yeah you have got yourslef a bit of a following group here- yiou must be special

Take care!!

Keep the romping for the first part of the month- then take it easy (RESTRAIN!! LOL) for a few days so his men can re group (leave no longer than 10 days- dont think that will be a problem for you!! :0 )

FYI this is what Ren was talking about:

IN a contradiction of conventional wisdom on the subject, research has shown those who do not have sex often produce sperm of lower quality than those who do so daily.

International researchers, including Australian doctors, believe sperm's DNA becomes more damaged the longer it remains in the body, cutting the chances of fertilisation and raising the risk of a miscarriage in the first weeks of pregnancy.

The findings, presented at the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's annual conference, will be of particular significance to couples undergoing fertility treatment.

Men are currently advised to stop having sex in the days before they provide a sperm sample for IVF treatment.

Until now, abstaining from sex in the three to seven days before treatment was thought to increase the quantity of sperm produced and improve the chances of pregnancy.

Australian researchers looking at the sperm quality of more than 40 men whose wives had either failed to get pregnant through IVF or had repeatedly miscarried found that when the men had no sex for three days, their sperm contained high levels of DNA damage.

Tested again after having sex every day for a week, the amount of damage dropped by a third.

While the amount of sperm produced had also fallen, fertility doctors said the improvement in quality would help men in their quest for fatherhood.

Researcher Dr David Greening, from the clinic Sydney IVF clinic, said: "I'm convinced ejaculating more frequently reduces sperm DNA damage in most men."

Dr Allan Pacey, a male fertility expert from Sheffield University and secretary of the British Fertility Society, said the research appeared to suggest that sperm sitting in the body accumulates damage as it ages.

He added: "If sperm is released in a steady stream, the sperm that is ejaculated contains newer and less- damaged cells."
    I've read also that the more you have sex the more sperm you produce to keep up with it, so if you're always having sex regularly I reckon it would be fine
    Interesting study hey!

Hi there Renstar,
    I have no advice to offer and besides i think that the lovely girlies have given it all, i just want you to know that i'm thinking of you and really truly praying that you do get your bpf before christmas as youv'e had a hell of a journey and deserve a blessing or two? For now though you have to get your mind off 5 o'clock,mind you i'm sure many of us will be back here at 5 to try and find out how you went... Can someone take you out for lunch or afternoon tea to get your mind off things? If you manage to get out today have an orange juice for me;its my birthday...... Have a great day lovey;I'll keep an eye on your progress.

xx
    Pauline

Pollyanna - thanks hun but i've already had the results, i'm not pregnant. I'm just waiting for AF now...

Sara - EXACTLY! Thanks hun, glad someone else agrees with me thats the exact study i was talking about! It makes sense. It's just like when you breastfeed, the more you do it the more milk you are going to produce aren't you? Same as sex, the more you do it the more sperm you are going to make In saying all this, also DTD every 2nd day will also work also....

renstar,
    I'm so sorry.....
    Better make mine a beam and coke please-stuff the oj. I'm in exactly the same boat waiting for AF,had horrible moods and bad belly but no af. I think its now about 7 days late.... And no definetley not pregnant as my partner was away during the fertile period.. But just waiting for the damn thing is such a pain in the a** when you can feel it lurking...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast