Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Wives Tales to help you conceive?

Default Legs in the air: does it help when trying to concieve?

I always did this, but both times I got pregnant where both times were I didn't get the chance!

With Olivia we did the deed (it was a bit of "afternoon delight" IYKWIM,) and then we had to rush out to a cricket club do (my soical life is SUCH a whirl, not!) so I literally pulled my shorts on and we went.......I didn't even have time to have a shower, which is gross, I know, so I went off dribbling & leaking IYKWIM (sorry if TMI)......but 9 months later little Livvy popped out!!

I was the same as Lucy, propped my bum up each time, but when our munchkin was conceived it was in the morning & we had to rush off to be somewhere as well!

Hmmmmm.......maybe daytime bonks are they way to go to concieve?!

Here is another old wives tale - don't dust or move anything underneath your bed, because that's where the baby dust is gathered! I don't know whether its true or not but it is a good excuse not to do the cleaning so I am sticking to it....

And a pair of manderin ducks in the bedroom suppose to help your fertility too, so good luck to everyone!

andrea8 Guest

Default Fresh Rosemary

I read on a site that if you put fresh rosemary under your bed than that helps.I didn't have any fresh so,I sprinkled some in a lid that I got out of my spice rack.lol.
    Andrea

Here are some that I found ralting to pregnancy (not necessarily TTC)

if a baby looks at you from between its legs - may want to purchase an early pregnancy test! According to lore the baby is hinting, somehow, that you are or will soon become pregnant.

If your left breast is bigger than the right during pregnancy, you're having a girl. If the right is bigger, it'll be a boy. If they are the same size, you're in for a surprise!

If you get moody during pregnancy you are more likely to have a girl. This is because all women are moody, and when carrying a girl you become doubly so.

If young boys (pre-school age) show interest in you while you're pregnant, it will be a girl. If they ignore you, expect a boy.

Default "alternative" methods for increasing fertility

Incense - burning Clary sage Incense sticks is meant to help with fertility.

Gem Stones - Rose quartz - is meant to help with relaxation and also with fertility, along with smoky quartz, and jade for male fertility and a number of other semi precious stones.

I have been out and bought some incense and have a rose quartz stone to wear and which goes under my pillow at night and there is one beneath DH side of the bed. I know that you have to be careful of aromatherapies etc when you are pg but i was wondering if there is anyone else out there that has any other suggestions - I am open to anything!!

I am taking vitex, dong quai, vit b complex, evening primose oil, folate and have been drinking grapefruit juice.

Vitex and Dong quai are hormone balancers

Evening primose oil and grapefruit juice to increase ewcm. I only take epo from AF to O.

Vit B - Helps lengthen your luteul phase.

I have been taking these for nearly 2 months and I actually 'O' on cd16 and if the witch arrives today I will have a 31 day cycle.

If you cycles are regular I wouldn't suggest taking any of these as it might mess up your cycles.

Hope some of this helps.

Jade

Marshmallow Guest

In my research into this same topic, I keep coming up with a Shamrock (four leaf clover) design on a flat smooth piece of moonstone. Moonstone is said to enhance fertility and to promote ease in pregnancy. I don't know where to get a ready made charm like this, so I got some moonstone and carved a shamrock into it gently. (rather difficult!)

Mythology also calls for a female statue to be stood in the bedroom somewhere visible - it needs to be a statue that "calls" to you, or that you find visually appealing, or that you like, or has special meaning etc. I'm not sure if this is Feng Shui - I don't really know much about Feng Shui.

With the incense, Musk can help set the mood for BDing - I dont' think it specifically enhances fertility as such, but it certainly makes the room smell nice and can make it all romantic, and according to some mythology I have read, (Im' not sure of the truth of this, but I like it anyway) there are many baby "spirits" floating around the air, waiting to choose their parents, and they want parents who love each other, so romantic BDing could work. (Plus it's fun!)

One thing I have been doing is something my grandmother taught me - wishing on the first evening star on the first day of a new moon. When I was about 5 she told me that that's the star that grants wishes, so all my life I've done it, and things seem to come true from it. (I got my DH!) I don't know if it will work for a baby, but no harm in trying!

there's an article on aromatherapy from conception to baby on the main bellybelly site. Its got heaps of stress busters and a few differant ways of using them.

The other alternative method of increasing fertility is the Lunar method, which indicates that a woman is at her most fertile during the stage of the month when the moon is in the same position as it was when she was born. particulary if it coincides with her normal mid month ovulation.

It is a bit complicated to explain, but if I look back at all three of my conceptions they all fell when I was ovulating at the same time as the moon being in my birth position.

HTH.........

I love armothearpy and it's great such to use toe relax and get into the mood..... especially in massage!

I wonder to the booties have to be knitted or not? - i am goingto g to my sisters after work and rummage through her old baby stuff and sure she'll have at least one pair in there....LOL

I bought a yellow jumpsuit before we TTC and I kept in my knicker drawer.

Rayray my left BB was bigger than my right with both PG's and I had boys.

Hi Everyone!!

I read this post when we decided to TTC so I went and bought a yellow pair of baby's socks and put them in my underwear draw (which is right beside my bed). About a week later, I went to my massage therapist (for my regular visit). She knew we were TTC, and she told me to get Moonstone crystals which are for fertility. So I bought a Moonstone crystal and put it in one of the baby's socks. Three weeks later I found out I was pg!!

I know it's got more to do with mother nature than old wives tales, but it doesn't hurt to help things along a little!

I had moonstone & rose quartz under my pillow too

This might sound like a ridiculous question, but whats the difference between booties and babies socks? I can not for the life of me find booties anywhere :-k

Along the Parsley thread... My mum and dad always told me that if I ate parsley I would get pg... Will have to try that one!

I will ask someone for a plant too!!!

I have booties in my draw and DH's draw, his granma knitted them for us.

Might have to invest in that moonstone and rose quartz too!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast