Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Wives Tales to help you conceive?

Botties are more like little shoes than socks & are generally knitted.

Lexie Guest

I too have heard about not vacuuming under your bed as the Baby Dust is there......
    Also have been told to put 6 grains of Rice just inside the doorway of the bedroom and white or yellow booties in the middle of the wall to your right as you walk through the bedroom door. Have not tried any of them, but seeing as there is quite a bit of success with the yellow booties, I will go and hunt some down tomorrow !!!
    Good Luck Girls dust: :bdust: to you all
    Love Lexie xox

Hi guys!
    Just wanted to add that when we were trying to conceive last year after four months of no success i tried a whole lot of old wives tales one month and fell pregnant. I had yellow bootees
    I took out my earings for that entire month
    I had a beautiful unakite stone in my dresser (that i now carry with me everyday)
    xx

Hey guys,

When I was buying my rose quartz and moonstone today the girl gave me an imformation sheet on all the stones, quartz etc... Anyway, apparently Unakite is also good for TTCing. This is what they say:
    Acts to balance the body, mind and spiritual planes. Can be used in treatment of reproductive systems & stimulate healthy pregnancies.
    I am definitley going to be getting some. I would love a "healthy pregnancy" for a change.

kazz - i bought a large piece of unakite and fell pregnant that month. I carry it with me in my handbag to ward off any evils
    xx

My DH has started saying the words "yellow booties" when we - do you think this counts or do we need the real thing?

Talking TTC#1 -- Newbie & Yellow booties

Hey fellow TTCers!!!! I am new to TTC after a pregnancy scare we have decided to try now!! I had been searching for hand knitted yellow booties everywhere since reading it on here and I managed to find some gorgeous ones on ebay for only $2.50 and $2.00 postage, so I bought 2 pairs! One pair I have hung up on bedroom wall, and the other pair I take with me and I am gonna put it in the bedroom when I go the Gold coast (My DP lives there ) so fingers crossed for a soon!!!!!!!! I have started tracking my charts and nya nya nya hopefully it will work! Look forward to having all of your support!!

I forgot to give the ebay ladies name hehehe... it is pestie69 ... I hope all of our yellow booties bring us luck! by xmas for all of us!!

Good luck all!!

Love Mikaela.
    Last edited by Kailz; September 10th, 2006 at 02:27 PM.

Welcome and i wish u the very best of luck for a short and sweet TTC journey.....sending u HEAPS of !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Mikaela . Welcome to bellybelly. My friends Nan just knitted me some yellow booties this month so hopefully they will be a lucky charm for both of us. I have them on my bed side table. Lets hope your TTC journey is a short and sweet one.

aww thanks all!!! for everybody!!!

I hope it's a short journey too, althought I am glad I bumped into this forum, it seems like it has a lot of support from all corners

Have a great day girls!

Mikaela

I also got a pair of booties from that lady, she is wonderful as at the time didnt have them and specifically made them for me. I now have them under my pillow plus a pair a fellow BBer and friend made for me and gave belly rubs too as she is now pregnant.

Heres hoping they bring you lots of luck Mikaela

Anne Guest

Default Fertility Jewellery

Hello girls
    I hope that I do not offend anyone by posting this here, but my sister has been TTC for about 2 years now. And I have been looking for a x-mas pressie for her, and on e-bay I come accross fetility necklace and a bracelet and I was wondering if anyone has tried these and did it work? Or has anyone heard of it working?
    Do you think it would be a nice gift for x-mas, or would it seem too personal. I am unsure. I know I poersonally would have loved it, and I had alot of problems TTC my second. But everyone is different. Was wondering if anyone would be able to spare a few seconds for thier opinion. Would be realy helpful.
    Thanks in advance
    xxxx Anne

Kirsty77 Guest

I would have loved it when I was ttc Gemma! I bought myself one(bracelet)off ebay and don't know if it worked but a couple of months later I was pregnant. My mum and dad also bought me a fertilty mask and we hung it above our bed.

Hi Anne. I have never used one myself either but I think that would be a beautiful gift to give to your sister. I have a little fertility angel which I have on my bed side table with my little pair of yellow botties and some other fertility things. It is like a little shrine lol.

Anne Guest

Wow a fertility Mask, I havnt ever heard of those before. I think I will buy her one. Just cant decide weather to get a bracelet or a necklace They are both so nice...
    Decisions decisions...

Kirsty77 Guest

Owww I don't know. Both are nice. Depends what she wears more of. The fertility mask my mum and dad got from the sunshine coast somewhere.

Anne Guest

Decided on the necklace, it's pretty funky, Might see if she can make me one thats not for fertility Or santa might not be allowd through the door this year Ha Ha...

A friend gave me a piece of polished rose quartz when I'd been TTC for a while - it's supposed to enhance fertility. I don't think it worked (or it took about a year to kick in ), but I was touched by the gesture all the same.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast