Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Old Wives Tales to help you conceive?

Oh i need booties too!!

I just bought mine, but they are handmade so obviously made with love . try a local craft shop or cwa store or opshop. Mine are new ones that they sell in the second hand store. They have lots of other gorgeous knitted things too. They had the most beautiful baby shawl, all hand knitted.
    I put both booties in my pillow case, I might put one in my OH, if I can sneak it in. He laughed when I told him , but he didn't stop me. I wasn't at all surprised by his reaction, it is pretty much what I expected.

Good luck, I think there will be a shortage of yellow booties now . fingers crossed it works for us all

Default Other Fertility Symbols?!

Hi There!

I noticed Luey's post on the yellow booties, and thought it would be interesting to ask you all out there what other things people use to help the fertility along???

I carry a small rose quartz with me always and pick it up at least once a day and focus on being pregnant... also have a bigger one next to my bed.....

Any other suggestions??!!!

Whether or not it helps, its fun... and certainly passes the time whilst waiting!!!

Holly
    xxxx

i had a bamboo plant in my bedroom, a piece of jade stone, a moonstone bracelet, yellow booties....ummm i think thats it?

Well guess what im going shopping for today......

sandy03 Guest

Smile The Yellow Bootees!!!!

Hi every1!

My sister-in-law was 5 months pregnant when she told me the old wives tale about the bootees, i thought it sounded crazy. Anyways she went shopping with me on my birthday and brought a pair of yellow bootees. She rubbed them on her belly and i put them underneath my pillow, (i thought why not, it might work). I asked people if they heard about this tale and many people said no, so i felt a little silly doing it, but i kept them there. Then 2 weeks later, my period was due but nothing, but i thought i'll wait those exact 5 days bcoz that was when i thought it really was due.
    I seen my sister-in-law 3 days before the other due date and told her. She insisted on buying a pregnancy test and 2 weeks form the day she had the bootees, the test came up POSITIVE!!!!! i was so excited.
    So ladies out there trying to have a baby, get a family member or a friend to buy you those bootees, rub them on their belly and put them straight under your pillow.
    So Good Luck with it, i believe that it truly does work
    Sandra xo

I have being trying to conceive for over 7 years
    i have had the yellow booties for 5 years in a safe place (my draw of my side table near my bed)
    Legs up to the sky
    girl on bottom
    no peeing after DTD
    gone on a holiday
    relaxed about the whole pg thing
    taken this vitamin and foul tasting concouction for years
    Reiki
    Massage
    Aromatherapy
    Actupuncture
    Reflexology
    Osteopathy
    Natropathy
    Bowen Therapy

and any other bit of advice I have heard along the way

AND STILL I CAN'T GET PG NATURALLY!!!!!!!!
    go figure!!!!
    odette

bella9blu Guest

hey girls i am new on here and i have been trying to get preggers for 3 yrs now i fell preggers 1 and unfortunatly miscarriaged !!!! i have never heard of the yellow booties trick but WILL be trying it .Do i have to get a family member to buy them??? and then they rub them on my belly and then sleep with them under my pillow? it that right???

I have been told ceramic elephants are the go either side of the door. I will have to check out the yellow booties I am open to anything at the moment looking forward to reading more

Get yourself a carved African fertility doll - it might have been a coincidence but it worked first time round for us!

yep, I have a carved goddess statue. and had the yellow booties too.

Are you ready for it??? I have heaps.......

Herbs / Flowers / Food
    * Carry a bag full of hazel nuts
    * Have a close friend give you a parsley plant. You need to nurture it and try your hardest to help it grow.
    * Put fresh rosemary under your bed.
    * Put 6 grains of Rice just inside the doorway of the bedroom.
    * Carry Jasmine flower
    * "Lucky bamboo" in the bedroom
    * Burn patchouli incense/oil when making love

Crystals / Stones
    * Moonstone is said to have powers that aid in nurturing receptivity and balancing of the emotions.
    * Rose quartz are the beads of love and fertility. They are said to help promote pregnancy and to protect the mother and unborn fetus from miscarriage.
    * Smokey Quartz increases fertility & balances sexual energy.
    * Jade increases longevitiy & fertility

Fertility Symbols
    * Turtle
    * Unicorn - promotes fertility & sexual magnetism
    * Fish - increases fertility & virility
    * Bull - increases fertility
    * Ankh - physical and eternal life

* Don't dust or move anything underneath your bed, because that's where the baby dust is gathered!
    * A pair of mandarin ducks in the bedroom.
    * Let a pregnant woman comb your hair
    * Hang lead crystal in the double drop cut in a sunny window.
    * Have a statue of prosperity in your bedroom
    * Rub the belly of a Buddha

Sarah you have it covered my love!

I wear a rose quartz ring and a moonstone necklace. They reportedly have most benefit used together. I also have all of the stones that Sarah mentioned inside my yellow booties and they are under my pillow each night when I sleep. I take them to my u/s as a protective measure (call me a nut but I am going to do all I can to protect this baby in my belly now it's finally there!)

I have also heard that a statue of Buddha is to be put on your partners bedside and a statue of Quan Yin on your bedside. This is the perfect balance of yin and yang.

I don't know how many times I've been told not to vaccuum under the bed (by older ladies) but let me tell you, it doesn't seem to have worked for us!!!

For many years I kept a piece of baby clothing & a bib in a cupboard as I'd read that was good luck. Once again it didn't work.

Thanks Sarah for your effort that is amazing I love it. For those in Brisbane I have just heard or a fertility statue at belive it or not I am on my way as soon as I can

Also here are some beads for a fertilty bracelt too that I have made:
    Good luck "fertility bracelet" heavily beaded with a variety of healing
    gemstones:

Rose quartz -
    carnelian
    smoky quartz
    red aventurine
    green aventurine
    chrysoprase
    red jasper
    bloodstone
    ruby zoisite
    moonstone
    blue lace agate
    quartz -
    garnet -
    Jade -
    Last edited by tiggerlinda; July 31st, 2007 at 04:48 PM.

*bump*

Anyone have anything else to add?

Anyhelp will be appreciated

This only relates to this thread as it's an old wives tale- unfortunately we can't do anything to make this happen- except maybe crack lots of eggs

This afternoon I cracked an egg that had a double yolk. Not knowing if it was still OK to use, I 'googled' it and some believe it's a sign of pregnancy and fertility.

Fingers crossed

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast