Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pre-Seed - Success or not??

Monnie - I'm so pleased for you!! Thanks for coming back and posting!

For many of us, I'm sure, success will come from a combination of things too (not all of which are terribly romantic, either)!
    :-)

TTC4DH&ME Guest

TTC is not the most romantic thing anyway is it!! really (well after 32 cycles it isnt!)

Monnie - huge congratulations to you on your BFP- fantastic news. I can't wait to try it out for myself

Just catching up on this thread, oh, Marydean, yes, IKWYM by the roaring noise, DH and I learned to laugh about it...well, after about 3 year TTC, you learn to laugh about things don't you...

I used pre-seed quite a few cycles in the past but unfortunately didn't work for me, but this is my first cycle on clomid and I used it during O time, so here is hoping for a good result.

Hey Beibei

WIshing you all the very best chickie!

Maybe clomid and pre-seed and O time is a special combo...so hoping so for you...

We're going to give pre-seed a go this time around, how many days before O should we start using it?

Hey Boo

I only used it on the day of O (mainly as the pre-seed arrived that day)...but I probably wouldn't have used it much before that...due to the expense...

Good luck Boo!

Boo - Good question. This is going to be my first month using it as well. Would love to know what everyone thinks.

boo - how many did you buy?? I bought the 6 pack so I started using it 6 days before I was going to O, kinda testing them out iykwim! I think it all depends on how often you are going to BD - everyday or every second day or alot on O.. probably best thing is just to use them when you are Oing, maybe just in the 4 day fertile window.. Well I hope I didnt confuse you too much with that and Good Luck!!

Hi boo and Bron81,

I only used on my O day which I did opk (and b/t this month) so I sort of know when that is going to happen. but if it is difficult to pin point your O day, I guess maybe 2 or 3 days before...

Good luck with it girls....looking forward to some news

Thanks for the info girls, I think i've ordered a 6 pack (should arrive today) I ususally O on CD 18 so i might start using it from CD14 - fingers crossed I'll be posting about our success in the new year

we have been using the outside version at the moment, as my O date can Vary. Once i get a + opk and we bd i will use the pre-seed.

Waiting to O i think annoys me more than the TWW at times.

Postage is very good, i got mine very quickly so should get there in time for you.

HI,
    I used preseed on the two cycles I conceived on this year - I am sure that you can't just put that down to using preseed but it does certainly help get those little fellas swimming (according to the literature!).
    I will be using it this month in the hope for a for Christmas!

I think it would not be of any benefit to be using this four days before ovulation. I would use opk's to pinpoint expected ovulation and when you get a positive use the preseed. Doing this will have those little fellas up there waiting for the eggs entrance!
    Wishing you all a for Christmas!

I used pre-seed from CD11-16 and conceived doing it that way. So it could be a good day using it during it before you O so you have those swimmers up there? Plus I didnt really know when my O was, thought it was going to be CD 14 until I got + opk on CD 15.. so anyways, my way worked for me!

My suggestion is just because it would get very expensive if you wanted to use it this way for a few cycles.

If you got a positive on cd15 you wouldn't have ovulated until late on cd15 or cd16. So the preseed on cd11 wouldn't have been any benefit. The cd11 swimmers would have been a bit washed up by ovulation day! Do you know what I mean? The preseed on cd15 and cd16 would have helped get those swimmers to their destination!

So, you are absolutely right. If you don't know the timing of your ovulation you would need to use it potentially for a week. However, if you use opk's to check when you expect to ovulate this would mean you would narrow down the preseed useage to a couple of times.

I just wouldn't like to see women using it for a few months at 5 applications a month. Very exy!

I'm giving it a go this weekend for the first time - will let you know if we have success! I have just got a very very faint OPK line but no ferning on my MB yet so will probably start using it from tomorrow nite, assuming I will O on Sunday (CD 12) or Monday (CD13).

Well it looks like we've missed our chance to try out the pre-seed. For only the second time in two years my body has decided to O on CD14 :eek: so we weren't ready for it!! Hopefully we've caught the egg anyway....

If you have the energy Boo then still Bd tonight as who knows, maybe you have Oed. or maybe your temp will drop and it wont be iukwim. Not trying to sound so negative, but just means you will get to use the preseed.

Im one week day of the 2ww after using pre-seed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast