Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: TTC & Gender Swaying #5

Yes I know, the theories all seem to refute each other. I do know that in the NZ study, they were told to only BD once in the month so that might make a difference? The general theory of male sperm live for 3 days and female sperm for 5 days may not be true at all. It may actually be that male sperm die in a more acidic environment, which is what you are usually dealing with 3-7 days before O. So if you are doing things to make yourself more alkaline overall, then maybe those little boy swimmers can live for longer than 3 days? SO I think what Shettles is actually saying is that that is the general rule, but it can be changed with diet. I have come to the conclusion that the diet/supplements is more important than the cut-off. We kept sperm count low by BDing every day and I took cranberry to try to make the environment more acidic, but didn't do the cut off - hoping that those things would circumvent the general rule. This theory also fits in with the O+12 theory, bc almost immediately after O the drop in estrogen causes CM to become thicker and more acidic, that's apparently why more girls are conceived 12 hrs after O. So, if we move forward on that basis, change your environment to either alkaline or acidic and BD when you can and should be enough to sway the odds (I think!!).

Does make sense when you put it that way. And I have been taking supplements and working on alkalinity for nearly 5 months now. So hopefully that is enough. Will test tomorow.

Sym Guest

Morning everyone, hope you are all well.

Myson, I hope when you test you get a BFP and you won't have to worry about charting. It must be so frustrating not knowing what is going on.

jodson, I see you are now in the TWW.. Good luck keeping busy. I've been trying so hard to not think about my cut off and the rest of it that comes with charting. FF gave me an O day on CD16 which puts me at 7DPO today, I ended up with a 3 day cut off so will have to wait and see what happens when I test.. Not feeling confident though because if you look at my chart my temps have been going down from 4DPO.

well suppose I better go do some housework, sister is coming tonight to watch the kids while we go out for my birthday..

Well it was BFN again and my chart is looking stranger still, full ferning and sticky cm?????

Myson - Sorry about your BFN, I hope Af or something happens soon so you know where you're at. At least DH will home tomorrow, make sure you have some fun together to take your mind of all the TTC stuff.

Sym - Go out and have a great night!! Yeah, you're temps are a bit strange going so low so early after O. Could be an implantation dip???? Have to wait and see if they go up again over the next couple of days. Got my fingers crossed it is implantation

Thanks Jodsan, so grateful to have people to commiserate with cos only one other person knows we are ttc and i dont think she wants to get hourly updates on whats going on... so thanks heaps.

The ferning is a bit of a mystery. I was thinking of doing an opk today.

Maybe I should enter but discard the temps for a bit cos of flu-vax???

Sym Guest

Guess what girls... I got a

I can't believe it, I'm excited but a bit scared too.. My youngest son's genetic diagnosis is still up in the air so we are not entirely sure what the odds are of getting another child with the same syndrome yet, only time will tell I suppose.

Sorry to hear about your BFN Myson, hopefully something happens soon for you, like Jodsan said at least then you know where you are.

I hope the cut off worked, but mostly I just hope this baby arrives healthy! How is your TWW going Jodsan?

Oh Sym, that is so wonderful. I am over the moon for you. Praying all goes well for you with your boy and with the new bub on the way.

And thanks, Im feeling good now. DH back home for his days off so its all good while he's here. Gave him a welcome home and now he is sleeping like a baby. I will go back to my ttc insanity after he leaves again... but for a few days I just try and forget about it as much as possible.

Take care everyone.

Yey Sym, must have been implantation after all! Congratulations Thats a pretty early result, were you 9-10dpo? On another note, I really, really, really hope that your son is ok and that this bubba is sticky and healthy

Myson, glad your enjoying your time with DH Remember they do say that lots of BDing can result in spontaneous ovulation!

I'm sick as a dog with some awful tummy bug. DH and DS had it a bit last week but of course, I copped it really bad, was on the toilet all night (sorry tmi) and just feel drained and nauseous. At least it's taking my mind off TWW but I'm not confident of the embryo developing properly when I'm this sick, you'd think something might go wrong with the cells dividing and implantation with all these violent toilet sessions (really sorry tmi.

Sym Guest

Thanks everyone, I'm pretty excited about it all. Had a Dr's appt today so I mentioned to him that I got a postive HPT yesterday and this morning and it was almost like he didn't believe that I could have one that early after ovulation. I suppose yesterday was only 8DPO but it's definately positive.. Anyway he sent me for a blood test at least - funny thing is he wrote on the request "early pregnancy?" He said he would ring only if the HCG levels weren't within the range he would expect, so I guess I just wait to not hear from him..

Jodsan, sorry to hear you're not well. I hate being sick but I'm pretty lucky to not get ill often. My two boys were sick last week - coming from both ends IYKWIM? I absolutely hate vomit with a passion so I leave them with their father while I sleep in the loungeroom, anything else I can handle but not vomit. Hope you get better soon.

Myson, happy BDing!!

Hi Ladies,
    Congrats Sym, I am very excited for you. When do you think your due?

I am sorrty i have been out of action, I have been so busy with parties for the girls, scholl hols and ahhh , just having pregnancy brain in general. I seem to forget and awful lots these days. Very hard for me as i don;t forget ANYTHING!!!!.

Myson- i get sooooo confused when i look at your chart, i gave up today..
    I would just prefer you to tell me what is going on.
    I wish i could fly over and give you hugs and rub baby germs all over you , so you can fall next month. I cannot imagine how frustrating it is for you, especially not to be able to talk to anyone. But that is what we are here for. So you air your worries as much as you like

I am not sure if your doing it or not, but take your Ural / Alkalzier right before you DTD and ask that hubby of yours to drink the caffine up too. I just think maybe the more alkaline your system is the better your chances are anytime. If your extra keen the Bi Carb Douch might help out too.

I agree with the environment rather than timing. (maybe it is both.. who really knows..)

xx

Jodsan, I did not know that!!!! WOW you are just an erupting fountain of information... that is way cool, and I am so glad you are here. Feel better soon dearie.

Miklaoz. I would fill you in if I knew myself anyway... I will just enjoy the next few days ( and so will DH) and then I will test again 3 weeks after he goes, if I havent had AF in the mean time. But fling the baby germs my way anyway, Ill take all the help I can get.

Sym. Sticky vibes galore for you. I am soo jealous.

Question for everyone... if you dtd at 10pm ish and you check your cm at noon the next day would there still be a risk of confusing cm with semen after that time??? Or is it all gone by then? I only ask cos my cm was quite watery and even a little bit ew, but is that me or him? Thanks for all the help and support everyone.

Myson - my thoughts are it could be either or a mixture. Apparently there is a water test, put it in a glass of water, semen will float and dissolve and EWCM will clump up and eventually sink. I have never tried it so I dont know. My thoughts are just check it every few hours, swirling your finger around your cervix to give you a better chance of getting CM rather than sperm. Another way of knowing is if your cervix is soft and open? My personal experience is that it is always open when EW is present.

I cant really tell the difference between open and closed. It always feels the same to me. I have had two kids and two m/c's needing d&c's so I think that must have some effect ???? but it always feels just slightly open ... i think... Thats why I dont record texture either (always feels same)... and position is my best guess. Thats why even that is not recorded every day. I am only recording it when i am absolutety certain.

its all a bit of a guessing game. Ov for me has never been an outstanding event that i can be sure of. but today i did have a full scope of thick black ferning...

And sundays temp was a bit out there! Had a big night on Sat, so i could possibly discard that one??

Myson - Yeah, my cervix is always open a little bit too, apparently just the plug that keeps it closed in pregnancy. But I do notice it opens a little bit more during O and definately feels soft like lips (sorry TMI), the rest of the time it is kinda just a slit. Got no idea whether you could be Oing though, I still think you should go to a Dr to see if there is something you can do to regulate your cycles.

Mik - how is the pg going?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodsan View Post
    Myson - Yeah, my cervix is always open a little bit too, apparently just the plug that keeps it closed in pregnancy. But I do notice it opens a little bit more during O and definately feels soft like lips (sorry TMI), the rest of the time it is kinda just a slit. Got no idea whether you could be Oing though, I still think you should go to a Dr to see if there is something you can do to regulate your cycles.

Mik - how is the pg going?
    Thanks for asking, pg is going well, nose bleeds, heart burn, not fitting into my pants anymore... All the joys
    I am 18 weeks i was just reading up and i cannot believe that i m nearly 1/2 way, it feel like only yesterday that i shared the news with you ladies. That was weeks before my own family knew too !

Hi Mik. wow. 18 weeks. Time really is flying by. Will you be having another scan soon? I Love those little black and white pics you get to take home with you. I photcopied mine (better ink, doesnt fade) and got them laminated. Showed them to everyone who would look, the first one looks like a jellybean and the second one looks like a jellyfish. And i dont even like jelly!

Sym Guest

Thanks everyone, I found out today that my blood test was positive aswell but my Dr still wants to see me again.. not sure why though?

My due date is Christmas Eve!! Will be an interesting Chrsitmas this year.

Just a question for you all: Do you think I may be further along then I actually am? It's just that when I done my first HPT (First Response) on 8DPO it came up Positive almost instantly, then I just done another test about 1/2 hour ago and its heaps heaps dark (today would be 11DPO).. My period would normally be due tomorrow or the next day.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast