Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else out there wanting to loose weight and get fit before TTC???

Haley - next time you're at the shops - check out the kilojule count on a bottle of coke. Then compare it to a bottle of diet/zero coke! The difference in the amount is SCARY. I never drink normal coke now!

spice - thanks for the info about the calorie king website just checked it out seems pretty good, good luck with the diet and exercise and the ttc

Kazbah and Amysarah thanks so much for your advice. Tomorrow when I go to the store I will check the calorie count. I have tried diet coke before and I cannot stand the taste but I will try coke zero and see if thats any better. I am currently drinking cordial, all sugar but I have diluted it a LOT, compared to normal.

Thanks for your advice and I will take it on board. I had a good breakfast (special K / OJ with extra calcium-sorry full of sugar I know) and today instead of grabbing whatever was around at uni, I went for a 20min walk to a lovely cafe and had a tuna salad with no dressing or mayo. It tasted absolutely lovely too and I had a banana and some watermelon in the afternoon.

I would LOVE to say I had no coke but alas I did but I only had 3 glasses (tall) compared to my 8-10 or more lol. I am craving some chocolate right about now so I cant promise I wont have something with choc in it. Thanks again girls I really appreciate it!

Haleyscomet - make sure your coke zero is really cold - it tastes better. I converted about a year ago, and I was drinking heaps of coke before. Well done for changing your eating style before uni. My dietician always said go with your cravings, it's better to have a little piece of what you want then sitting there eating a huge piece cause the craving just got to much. So just buy a little bar of chocolate, even if you eat one or two squares and give the rest away.

Cordial is better (even if its not diet) because you are getting more water. I haven't had any coke in a week and I just have a glass of cordial at dinner. The rest of the day I drink water only!

I JUST HAD THE MOST EMBARESSING MOMENT.....

My Mum picked me up to take me to work (our car is broken) and it's a casual dress day. I got in the car and she touched my tummy and said "Do you have something to tell me?"

I am RUNNING my 4km tonight!
    Last edited by Aimz; October 17th, 2008 at 08:11 AM.

PMSL @ Amy... omg thats awful of your mum!!!!! Sounds too much like something my mum would do to me..

I remember when I was 11 and my dad came to pick me up for his access visit, and I got into the car with a new jumper mum brought me and he said "hmm.. getting a little chunky aren't we...."

I've never forgotten it...

I yelled at her after she said it - in fact I think I screamed "NO MUM NO!!"

Then she said very sheepishly - "but I'm ready to be Granny... you'll tell me as soon as it happens won't you?". Poor Mum - I almost forgave her for being so sweet!

I wish my fat tummy was because of a baby

You poor thing Mel - I don't think I will forget this either. We're sensitive little souls aren't we?

Don't worry Amy, a few months back my mum said EXACTLY the same thing. And when I said NO she said Are you sure???

Made me more conscious of sucking the tummy in that's for sure . . .

I've been walking around with something in front of my tummy all day at work. I'm so self conscious! It's the top I'm wearing - it makes me look bigger than I am!

RUNNING tonight and I've been so good today!

lol.. good for you Amy..

DH got out of the shower last night and rubbed his hands over his somewhat generous belly and said.. hmm.. I don't think its as big as it was before.. I think i've lost more weight this week... lol

I still have a big belly cos of the overhang belly you get with a c-section.. don't think dieting will get rid of that "apron"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by amysarah85 View Post
    Cordial is better (even if its not diet) because you are getting more water. I haven't had any coke in a week and I just have a glass of cordial at dinner. The rest of the day I drink water only!
    Thanks for that! I love cordial, so it is definately helpful plus I am terrible at drinking water. I tend to drink water only in my car travelling to and from work, uni etc. I must admit though at my future MIL's house they have one of those fridges that dispenses cold water and I LOVE it, can drink tons of it no probs. Hmmm maybe I should tell DP that is the perfect reason to get a new fridge LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by amysarah85 View Post
    I JUST HAD THE MOST EMBARESSING MOMENT.....

My Mum picked me up to take me to work (our car is broken) and it's a casual dress day. I got in the car and she touched my tummy and said "Do you have something to tell me?"

I am RUNNING my 4km tonight!

OMG! My mum isnt too bad with that, other family members though is a completely different story! I still remember a few months ago when I was a guest speak at a primary school the kids asked when my baby was coming

They werent being malicious but it did make me embarrassed LOL! I now wear 'special' clothes when I give those talks haha.

Quote Originally Posted by mollycat View Post
    Haleyscomet - make sure your coke zero is really cold - it tastes better. I converted about a year ago, and I was drinking heaps of coke before. Well done for changing your eating style before uni. My dietician always said go with your cravings, it's better to have a little piece of what you want then sitting there eating a huge piece cause the craving just got to much. So just buy a little bar of chocolate, even if you eat one or two squares and give the rest away.
    Thanks for the advice, I have bought some coke zero today and its in the fridge chillin as we speak . I ended up not having chocolate last night. I was craving it so bad but I was no nice and comfy in my warm bed that I could not justify waking up the whole house, going out to the garage to grab some choc I KNEW I had in the console LOL. It is still there too haha

I have to absolutely rave about 2 soft drinks I have found that have NO sugar and taste absolutely AMAZING!!! I think I have just found the cure to my soft drink addiction

Solo Zero and Fanta Zero taste AWESOME, SOLO Zero much more so than the fanta. After you girls mentioned to try coke zero, I saw some others in the aisle and thought I would pick a few up. I no longer have bottles of reg solo in the fridge, they are solo zero and taste awesome!!!

I am so happy now

I forgot to mention I got my cholesterol and blood glucose tests back. Whilst my fasting blood sugar was fine, my 2hr test (it was a glucose tolerance test) showed an impairment since it was 9. something - cant remember the exact number. My cholesterol was 7.5!!!! My trig were 3. something and I wont even go near my other ones lol. So I seriously need to get my act together because I am a heart attack waiting to happen. I am seeing a naturopath now though so between this thread of ideas, and her support I am definately on the right track. Thanks girls!!!
    Last edited by haleyscomet; October 17th, 2008 at 03:45 PM. Reason: forgot to add results

Lea79 Guest

Hello girls,

Wow, so many new faces! Welcome to all!

I have been very bad, had friends from out of town stay last night and I drank and ate all bloody night then today had a terrible hangover and slept til 4!!! Selena is on night shift so there isn't anyone to wake me up since she's been sleeping too. So this afternoon I've promised myself to go for a big bike ride and eat some detoxifying stuff for tea. I'm really digging low fat natural yoghurt at the moment with whatever fruit I can find so that sounds like a goer. I was meant to go over to a friends for a swim today but slept right through so bummer about that. will have to do that on the weekend.

Good going everyone with all the coke addicts out there! I can imagine it would be so hard to give it up. I'm not too bad with stuff like that but I do love chocolate and savoury food...what a downfall that is! I can sympathise with all the girls whose mums think they are preggers. Every time i look down I feel like I'm 6 mths pregnant so try to suck it in. I went for my pre-pregnancy pap smear yesterday...yucky! I was trying to talk to my dr about losing weight but she didn't seem worried and said I'm not as big as I make out but I think she was just being nice lol

anyway, good luck to all. good going!

Leanne

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

Thumbs up

Count me in, I have just been reading all the posts and I can def loose some weight, My partner and I are going through IUI, and I am trying to loose 20 kg's as I have put on 30 kgs in the last 5 years due to breaking my back.
    I don't really have alot of support apart from my partner, and I was contemplaiting joining Jenny Craig, but can't bring myfelf to do it.
    I am really keen to have a look at Mel's menu and will def keep you guys posted on every kilo I loose
    Wish me luck

Welcome Gizmo!

Well, I caught the wagon and have it firmly in hand. (I got asked today if I was preggers again). DH has strict instructions to remind me of that if I start to slip!!

Night all.

Where we swim in glitter and play on rainbows

lol,
    how funny,
    Well I was at the baby expo and I got asked how far along I was lol
    pmsl
    My partner just walked off and started cracking up. I just played along cause I dwas so embarassed lol

Nighty night

Lea79 Guest

Hi Gizzmo, nice to see you in here!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast