Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

Hi Cherished - Thanks! I didn't actually go back through all of the posts. Your comment means a lot to me. I think the biggest challenge with losing weight is the waiting. It has taken me since xmas to lose this much (all up 12kg). Counting calories has definitely helped me to know for sure where I am with eating as I had some big hidden calories that I didn't know about and didn't really even care about (eg. full-fat mayonnaise - OMG!). Plus I have taken up soccer (indoor and futsal) twice a week. It is great exercise and I enjoy it so I don't have to force myself to go. I have also taken up cycling to work twice a week to reduce my car emissions. And I jog once a week. Not a fan of jogging (understatement!). I only do it because I find it helps my fitness with soccer. I think sometimes you need a break from it all though so glad I didn't worry about it too much last week while I was away.

The other thing that seems to have helped me is the 12 week challenge. I am in my second one. For some reason I find it easier to stick to it - this is definitely the best weight loss I have done under my own steam (eg. not due to work or other external factors).

I have told myself this is the only time I have to do this - afterwards I just have to maintain it - which is a lot easier! I have been focusing on some work issues lately so the waiting on the weight loss seems easier. After all nothing else stops just cos I am trying to lose weight.

Good luck with the weight loss journey. I know you can do it! Am so sorry that you lost your bubs. It must be a really hard time for you. Big hugs.

ooo id love to be able to cycle to work, bikes uhmm hurt my bottom lol. I might measure the kms on my car to see how far it is and try tackle it hhmmm ..

Was extremely annoyed last night, got adjusted at my chiro at 6pm then had to wait around til 6:45pm for an information session they asked me to come to (this would be my fourth information session) and as soon as it started and the first slide came up...id seen it! I couldnt walk out coz that would be rude, its only a small room with about 15 other people and the Chiro talking so i sat through it for half an hour and got home at about 7:40pm then we had to drop DSD back off at home, cook tea by then i was buggered haha

hehhee Ammaki my chiro wants to start those stupid precare classes and info nights at each stage of your care... what a load of CRAP! I get a weekly adjustment and I know what chiro is about, who wants to waste there time going to a stupid seminar!

I had a great day eating yesterday YAY

I didnt mind going when it was all new to me as it explained what my body was doing etc, but now ive seen them all and been there for over a year i was a little annoyed they asked me to go when id already seen it lol.

Looking forward to tonight, my cousins son is playing soccer on a field about a half an hour walk from our house so DP and myself will be walking the dogs to go cheer him on! Very much looking forward to it!

That walk sounds like fun Amy, I like it too when dh & I go for a walk together... I'm thinking about doing a workout in my lunch break but I think I will end up having a snooze.... Tuesday & Thursday are supposed to be my days off working out though and they say 'rest is important'

You enjoy that rest!! I hope no one says anything about the dogs being at soccer tho ... they'll be on a leash so not like they'll be chasing the ball or anything, should i leave them at home? Or take them? My cousins kids love love love seeing them.

They will probably be alright on the leash and if you clean up after them. I can't imagine anyone would care at a soccer game.
    Good work on the exercise and eating guys!
    I put on 0.4kg over my holiday. Yay! I was having nightmares about 4 or 5 kgs.
    Two days back into eating right and feel awesome. Last week when I was eating a lot of junk I also had a lot of nausea and headaches. So just another reason to eat well.

Hey girls!
    Well, I knocked out two quick 15km rides yesterday and felt SO good! There was one hill that I was walking up while pg, made my heart rate too high - it is my arch nemesis and I had to face it, but I just pwered up and it is not as bad as I remembered!
    Made a big pot of vegie soup last night, was so good, then went to bed at 8:30 - what a nanna!

Sounds good snuggly!! I need to get some soup recipies!

So im NEVER taking my dog to soccer again. She popped two balls not that it was really her fault...there were two soccer fields, one game was being played on one the other was free. But a few kids thought it would be hilarious to kick the ball right infront of my dog...we sat away from everyone so we didnt disturb anyone but they came and kicked the ball right infront of her...i couldnt really blame her for that one. Apart from that she was really well behaved.

All up about a 40 minute walk, 20 there 20 back but with LOTS of hugggeeee hills lol, spaghetti for dinner which we ate before our walk.

Hope everyone is going well

Hi my lovlies

snugglybean I am always in bed before 9pm! regularly at 8:30... Yep I am a total nana

Ammaki don't be disheartened re the soccer, you did all you could

krysalyss glad there wasn't too mu h damage from your holiday!

Well I'd lost 100grams since Monday, hope to see some bigger loses in the coming weeks! Still feeling really good and am happy counting calories. I think a friend is coming over laster to do a workout with me YAY, not sure how motivated she is though to loose weight so I will just keep doing my own thing and be happy to have someone coming over so that I WILL workout

Working out with a friend always fun
    I used to meet up with some friends and hit the local pool every Wednesday night. Over 3 hours we would usually rack up about 10 laps and some mucking around, but it really got me started. The with some other friends, I arranged to meet at a pool about 10km away from home, and I rode my bike out there (at the time it was a hard hard ride with lots of hills. Now, I would just laugh at it) So even if we spent the whole time gossiping, I had already got my workout.
    Now though, I have a pool just round the corner, but it's too cold! Also, pool hours are rubbish.

Oh, yeah, I got my diagnosis today - definitely a partial molar pregnancy. So no ttc for 6 months and will have to go fit-nuts in the mean time. I'm thinking maybe a triathlon...

6 months!?! Wow. No idea what molar pg is tho swimming pool sounds like a good idea, our gym has a pool next door to it. We need to invest in some bikes i think!!

Had coconut chicken curry for dinner last night ... which i MADE from scratch woohoo! Are spicy foods good for speeding up the metabolism? Or is that a myth?

Very open-plan soup recipe:
    Dice 1 onion/leek and saute in a tiny smidge of olive oil, on very low heat. Toast a spice (if you're into that kind of thing) such as cumin or coriander or even caraway or fennel seed in there too. Add any or all of the following: diced carrots, a few celery sticks, a turnip/swede, 1/4 cabbage, sweet potato, pumpkin etc. Continue to sweat over low heat, stirring occasionally. Add stock to cover vegetables. Add lentils (can use red, green, brown, split peas, anything that doesn't need soaking) and bring to the boil. Continue at medium heat until lentils and all vegies are soft. At this point you could add spinach, nut butter, tahini, etc if you fancy. Remove from heat. Blend, if you like a silky soup. Alternatively, leave it chunky. Season as required (do this last so it doesn't slow down your lentils cooking) and eat. Yum yum yum yum yum.

ooooo sounds good, will experiment this weekend! Thanks Snuggly!!

Yummyo soup snugglybean I make an awsome coconut pumpkin one will add the receipe when I get home and youare a MACHINE with your workouts! I'm glad you have that to focus on while you are waiting to ttc

Ammaki that curry sounds yum (without the chicken... hehehe I'm vego) I love making curries from scratch I think chilli and cayene pepper speeds up your metabolism (not sure how much though cause I eat it heaps of it and my metabolism is equal to a 45 year old and I am only 32)`

AFM my workout last nigiht was GREAT and I burnt 100cals than I normal do, I ran with ease (only for a min at a time heheh) and I maxed out on my weights, felt REALLY good BUT I got on the scales today and I've put on 1/2 a kg!!!!! and not 'that' much muscle to blame it on that, it was mainly in the fat department.... Oh well I'm sure there will be a loss on Monday!

I have an appointment with the OB next Wed and I will prob have a D&C next Friday due to bleeding for pretty much 40 days, Today is so far so good it would just be like Murphys law for the bleeding to stop now that I have had another scan (yesterday) and have an OB appointment for next Wed

Snuggly and Cherished - with us three veg*ns on here do you think we have cracked the myth that veg*ns are automatically skinny? I wish!

Everyone sounds like they are going great. Yesterday was difficult for me. I felt really hungry and my calories blew out faster than I expected. Usually I just watch my fat intake and my calories seem to be fine but it was the other way around yesterday. It also broke my heart to find that 3 ginger nut bikkies had the same amount of calories I burn jogging for 30 mins (at 5kph) - 3 bikkies!
    But oh well. I was a bit over by the end of the day but I was under the day before so all should work out.

Anyway chat soon!

cherished - how do you measure your metabolism?

Quote Originally Posted by krysalyss View Post
    Snuggly and Cherished - with us three veg*ns on here do you think we have cracked the myth that veg*ns are automatically skinny? I wish!
    Yeah, I wish! That's why I hate Skinny B!tch - it gives no strategy for weight loss other than to be vegan! Ummmm.... sort of doesn't work for everyone, ladies.

I'm home from work today, so will have to make sure I get out and do something. Only 3 more sleeps til big 50km ride - eeep! After my efforts yesterday, though, I am not worried about it at all. I might get the bike trainer out and do a solid hour while Oprah is on.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast