Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

Morning my healthy and fit girlies

krysalyss I have a Body Compositioin Monitor that cost about $500, dh got it for mr for my 30th birthday... It's wonderful! it measures how much fluid, fat & muscle is in each limb and the abdomen so when the scales move (or don't) you know if it's becuase you've gained muscle, which is heavier or if you are retaining fluid etc.... The BCM also tells you how may calories you are burning which tells you your metabolic age And Snugglybean I loved krysalyss myth busting with the vego skinny thing I am not tooooooo bad but I don't really come across tooooo many skinny vegos, I find that most eat too many carbs unless they are actively trying to increase/add/get enough protein iykwim... I have never read skinny b!tch, is it good?

I'm looking forward to my workout today and cooking up some meals for the freezer on the weekend, can't wait for Monday (I really hope I have had a BIG loss of body fat & I hope the cm's have gone down)... I'm also looking forward to seeing the OB Wed and strangely Im looking forward to the D&C Friday if I need one, I just want to all over with, then to recover, then to have a baby and be SLIM & HEALTHY when I get pregnant, which looks like a real posibility if I have another 8-10 weeks of counting calories & workingout YAY... I seriously can't belive I am kinda excited about not being pregant and I'm excited about loosing weight... Perhaps that is what my brain is telling myself to keep me sain (snugglybean I think you can relate to this )

well I'm at work so gotta go!

Ammaki - There are loads of different saddles you can get that will hurt your bot less. Also, you do just have to slowly get used to it - you sort of build up riding callouses. Sounds gross, but you never see them, just notice when you do/don't have them. I don't know how it works, but DH swears it's true, as do a lot of pro cyclists.

2 sleeps til big ride! Have done 15km today and will do another 30-40 on the way home - takign the scenic route! Had apple crumble at lunch today but rest of the day and week has been really good. Really into my herbal teas at the moment.

ooo thanks snuggly, i'd really love to be able to ride to work, its an 8 minute drive so cant imagine it would take toooo long to ride. Its a pity we dont have a shower at work tho ... that might be a deal breaker if i get really sweaty lol

Yeah you definitely feel it the first fews times but somehow harden up (although I like to think I now have buns of steel and that is why it doesn't hurt. lol. Callouses? Ewww.)

Hello you bike riding babes :P Maybe you can start a club called that hehehhehe.... I used to enjoy a bike ride every now and again in the gym but don't really get out much around here although the sunnycoast has great bike track evrywhere...

I'm happy to be back to 71.3 on the scales today after putting on that 500grams so I have sat and Sun to loose more and show a loss on the scales Monday......

Today is eating well again a BIG workout and planting in the garden.... hope everyone is enjoying there weekend xo

Ammaki - I rode all through last summer, and I have a 15km commute. What i did was kept a stash of clothes at work (work are nice enough to wash some of them for me) and I rode in in my lycra (it is SO much cooler than normal clothing) then on arrival wiped down with a wet washcloth then hit all my sweaty bits with a dry deodorant, then got completely changed, including bra. Have a big slug of water, then off you go. Feels pretty good, and you start your day burning, so it works really well. We actually do have a shower at work, but I found that doing it this way was as good, and only had 2 or 3 showers at work)
    Added to that, I would just have a cup of soy milk before I left home, not a big brekkie, then I would have a serve of home made baked beans about an hour and a half after I got to work. That kept me going til lunch. I found that if I had a full brekkie, it would be burnt off by that morning tea break, and I would eat a brekkie sized meal again. The milk (or a banana) seems to be just enough to get me through, and then the beans are a really really good way to start the day.
    I had a good ride yesterday, BUT did not eat so well. We went out with some friends and I had a beer bfore the movie, lollies at the movie, then red wine with dinner after the movie! After four mnths of not drinking, I was a write off after just having the beer! Hmmm.... so today is supposed to be a rest day before the big ride tomorrow - I might have to do something non-bike. Like run. Hmmmm.

Hi everyone. I was a bit naughty yesterday with my eating. Nothing too over the top but didn't really check how much I was eating. I was then punished on turning up to soccer and finding out we had to play two games back to back. All up I played 70 mins of soccer - a whopping 900 calories worth. And boy did I feel it. So I ended up being definitely down.
    This morning I had soccer training so that was pretty full on too. So my exercise plan till the next weigh in is cycle tomorrow - around 40 mins (but stop halfway as riding to work and back) then monday is futsal and then weigh-in Tuesday morning. So I have to lose weight this week. Surely!
    Am off to the movies this afternoon with some gfs and am getting my haircut too plus getting some new clothes. Feeling good!

Wooohoooo Tomorrow is my weigh day but I jumped on the scaled and I am 70.9 which means that if I loose at least another 100grams today I will have lost 2kg in 4 weeks I'm so happy with myself! And it's alway extra exciting when you see a different number in front of the decimal..... next time I will be back in the 60's so that is even MORE exciting! YAY

krysalyss It's amazing how guilty you can feel when you don't so your diary properly! But with all your exercise I think you can get away with it a bit more than me I just do standard workouts and I pretty much 'net' 1200 calories per day

Same goes for you snugglybean you are a machine working out and can eat lollies at the movies if you want to How are you feeling anyway?

Hi girls,

Just got back from my 50km ride - raised $148 for MS, not bad with only 8 days notice! It was such an awesome day, finished too soon, I could have done another 50! I have ridden that route before, but doing it with 3000 other people just makes it so much better.
    Came home and smashed apart some carbs, but I think I sort of needed that. My blood must be running green, I had so much Gatorade Met someone whose daughter has leukaemia, she told me about a 300km ride for leukaemia foundation in August, so I'll see if work will give me the time off...

Krys, I bet you'll feel awesome with your hair and clothes!

cherished (chezza!) I feel incredible, on such a high after the ride.

Oh, and in other news, I put on some shorts yesterday (god bless QLD!) that I only bought 4 weeks ago, and they are suddenly too big! So although scales are still happy at 69, my waist is miraculously shrinking! Yipeee! What a brilliant feeling.

How did I double post that?

That is so awesome Snuggly!!!
    Well I was really naughty last night and had fried food and bikkies and lollies. Not sure why I went so over the top. Trying to be better today. Off to calorie king.....

YAY Snugglybean and yes BLESS QLD! I have had a great day, a bit in the garden and then I sunbaked for an hour on the deck! I'm determined to look fab this summer with a tan and all so why not start now plus it would be great to show up at the wedding in August with a tan and not the winter whites.... btw I had a giggle with ya Chezza line I feel like you are my cheer squad but you are the one doing the marathons hehehehhe

krysalyss whenever I go over the top or fall off the wagon I know it's emotional eating. I am honestly bewildered that I am not totally emotionally eating after this loss, whatever has changed in my head I don't know but am happy for

Default hello all

just thought i'd say hello to everyone.
    i've been lurking for a few weeks, but decided to join and stuff.

i have lost a whole lot of weight since i started (sept 2008) but since i just mc last month, i decided i needed to lose the rest of my weight before we ttc again.

i just _cant_ budge this stupid 83rd kilo, the lowest i've managed to get down to is 82.8 and then i'll gain the same stupid kilo over and over again.

my scales are just simple coles variety ones that only do mass, so i'm hoping my emerging leg muscles (i have definition in my calves, i havent seen that in about 15yrs!) are the reason why the scales are stuck

mmm so glad to have you on board and it seems you are in the same boat with the loss of a buba, both snugglybean and I had a loss around the same time I'm so sorry and I hope your focus on fitness and health gets you through like it has me It sounds like you have done an AMAZING job already keep it up.... I've gotta run as my dinner is ready

Hi mmm!
    Congratulations - 20kg is an incredible amount to shift! Sorry to hear of your sad loss, as chezza said, we have been through similar losses, but are both finding that a fitness focus is a great way forward.
    My scales are Kmart ones! They do the job - I think as long as you're using the same ones, and weighing yourself at the same time of day, you should be OK.

Hey chezzy-pops, got a hot dress for the wedding?

YAYAYAYYYY 70.6kg this morning which is a loss of 800grams wooohooo I'm so excited! I have now lost 2.2kg in 4 weeks This weight loss thing is much more exciting than the ttc game! For starters I get a weekly dose of excitement when I have my weekly weigh in and I have a daily thing to strive for (staying on the calorie count)... Gosh I think I will be smiling for the rest of the day

Snugglybean you sure do make me smile I have not got a dress for the wedding yet but I wore one to a wedding in November and it still fits and I love it.... BUT it might be too cold for that one, I will wait and see how much weight I loose and what the weather is doing

Wow you ladies are chatterboxes!!

Snuggly good job raising that money!! Every dollar counts! Cant beleive you cycled 50km, thats huge! & good idea with the wet cloth, one of my work friends who lives down the road has a bike, might see if i can borrow it for a day see how i go!!

Good loss Cherished!!! Thats so exciting!

Hi mmm!!! Excellent weightloss!!

Dont be down about your bad day krys!! I had a shocker too, didnt help that AF reared her ugly head & out came the chocolate!

I think im going to try a different approach and have a "cheat day" atleast then if i have a little of what im craving i might still get somewhere those other 6 days a week!

Bought DP a quad bike for his birthday on the weekend, so much fun! Hehe

Default "news flash".... "BREAK THROUGH, BREAK THROUGH"

Hello again

I was just thinking of what I am going to do today and I'm going to do another workout and go through my clothes and put them into sizes, I have a range from size 10, 12, 14 and I got some size 16 pants a month or so ago when my weight went up because I didn't fit into anything else! I figure this will motivate me because I will see that I have some nice things to wear when I shrink some more hehehe... It's funny that there is a weird part of my brain that used to think that if I lost weight I wouldn't be able to wear the nice clothes that I have now... AND A LIGHT BULB JUST WENT OFF IN MY HEAD! I GOT THAT BELIEF FROM MY MOTHER!!!!!!! I used to say to her when I was a child "why don't you loose weight" and she would say that she would have to buy new clothes! You have no idea of how much of a break through that is to finally figure that out! It also helps me to think that it doesn't matter if I don't wear the clothes I fit into now because when I am pregnant I will wear them again so it's not a complete waste...... People are 'strange creatures' Or maybe just I am Seriously though it really is hard to figure out what little thought patters are subconciously sabotaging weight loss efforts and I am so happy to have figured this one out!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast