Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

Thread: Diet & Weight loss support #4

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself to you all. I have always had problems with my weght in my adult years (I was a swimmer at school - kept me healthy and fit). I have lost weight before both successfully and unsuccessfully. 8 months ago I lost 9kg and was feeling great. DH and I decided to TTC, now 6 months later I have gained all the weight loss back. We have put TTC on the back burner until Jan/Feb 2010.

Now its time to concentrate on getting weight off so Im healthy and fit. Last time I lost the weight I was using optifast. Now Im looking at going back on it once a day and having 2 healthy meals a day. I havent weighted myself for a couple of weeks cos of the fear of what the number will be. When I was at full term with DD I was 124, I think/believe I am almost back there. I lost heaps when I had dd, actually I lost weight while pregnant. I was like 98kgs after her birth.

So here I am to tell you Im serious about losing weight but I hate it when my olds keep nagging that I have put on weight and when your on a diet they monitor what you eat. Its actually the worst thing they can do to be cos I eat more! lol Im actually going to look into buying/hiring a walkign machine to do a work up every morning.

Im interested in your stories and I look forward to getting to know you all.

Hi Everyone! Welcome funangel!

I'm not sure I will be able to weigh in today as DD2 has conjunctivitis and won't be able to go to the creche at the gym (and that's where I weigh in ) I don't think I have lost much anyway as I had a big blowout on Friday. I went to The Press Club (George Kolombaris's - from Masterchef - restaurant) for my best friend's birthday and I ate a bit too much and drank a fair bit too. It was lovely though. I have since been stuck at home all weekend with 2 mucky-eyed, snotty-nosed girls and unable to get out and do anything. So it doesn't look good!

What I might do is see if I can jog up to the gym with the pram and weigh in on the scales and jog home - depends on what sort of mood DD2 is in....

very quick one for me. Welcome to the new folks... the more the merrier.

Well no loss this week for me - I knew i'd been slack tracking my food but thought I'd still lose oh well. So off to plan my food for the day! So saying, nearly thought it was gonna be a gain, so I'm glad it wasn't.

Hope everyone is doing well BBL... gotta focus on food & exercise not typing here hahahah!

Well I tried to jog to the gym - pushing a pram into a headwind and up a hill is not fun!! So I walked most of the way Anyway I lost 0.5kg so am now 8kg down - woohoo! Not too bad considering I had a not so good week.

Ok - I'm a baaaad poster... But I have been reading everyones posts and keeping up to date.

I was pretty bad this week. I had a lot of downs with my physical health and so I kept comfort eating. It also stopped me from doing much exercise but it seems like everything was back to normal last night. Goals for this week are again to use the Wii and to talk DD1 to school with DD2 and dog, so fingers crossed I behave myself this week!

Start weight: 77kg, todays weight: 76.6kg WOOHOO!

I know it isn't much but it is a start!

Eng I'm so looking forward to sharing the journey with you, It's great that you actually lost weight while you were pg, do you mind me asking how you did that? Was it from MS or just eating well etc I've been told that it's fine to keep loosing weight while you are pg but others say that it's such a sin! Personally I think that if you have got weigh to loose and if you keep up gentle exercise and eating well you should naturally loose weight anyway... What do you all think? When I get pregnant again I want to keep loosing weight, not starve myself or anything but still try to loose weight or put on as little as possible iykwim And I want to keep an eye on how many calories I am eating to limit the damage because I put weight on so fast both times I was pg that to really scared me! btw I love my treadmill it's so great to just stroll along and it gets me in the mood for weights etc plus it's great if I am feeling a bit slugish cause I just just take it slow. Good luck with everything...

ryatha that is a great loss your goals for this week sound good....

Nai YAY it's so great to see a surprise loss! And good on you for going to the gym to weigh in... It is wonderful to see the rewards for working on a goal...

belfie how did you go with your eating hon? I always feel relived there isn't a gain, I know how disheartening it can be so no change is as good as a loss some times

AFM My goals are to work out Wed, Fri, Sat & Sunday and not to eat any treat type of food (just to break the habit and to prove that I can be mentally tough, like temptation on the Biggest Looser hehehhe) I am also going to have a juice every morning for breakfast and take regular food to eat at morning tea when I get hungry I also intend to write a few thoughts down about what I expect the rest of my journey to be like, ie the challenges I will face and how I intend to rise above them... I think I've got the emotional eating under control but thees' a few other thing I think I will need some strategies for so I'm looking forward to doing that, I'm sure it will be a self discovery in itself
    Last edited by Cherished; August 17th, 2009 at 08:47 PM.

Hi everyone! Welcome to everyone who has joined recently! And good to hear how everyone is going.
    I know it can be a tought slog but we can do it! After all it is just food and food won't solve our problems.
    Go team!!!
    I have been going well over the last few days. But tonight was my last night of futsal till the end of Sep. Eek I am going to have to find something else that burns that many calories until it starts again. I don't want to do more than one jog a week so I was thinking maybe a class like step or body balance. Any suggestions?

I also went shopping today and bought three new pairs of shorts - 2 work ones and one supershort pair for home. Plus a new shirt. My family arrives in a couple of days so I really want them to notice. Plus I am tired of hitching up my shorts. Felt so nice to look in the mirror and be ok with it.

Anyway I will be back tomorrow to report my weigh-in. See you all then!

Well! I weighed 67.1 on Thursday morning, and on Sunday morning I weighed 68.9kg!!! And although I didn't do celebrity slim for the weekend as I was at a convention in Sydney, I didn't 'blow-out' or anything and I did a fair whack of walking. But, AF reared her awful head on Sunday though in a very real way (first proper cycle since bub born) so am sincerely hoping that this weight gain, along with rock, hard swollen stomach and inability to wear my wedding rings is fluid caused by the suckfulness of womanhood and can be peed out - as I am noooooot impressed.

Krysalus - all I can think is (to music) "She wears short, shorts" woo woo

Default Formally FunAngel now Eng

Ok this is the 5th time Im trying to post. (between DD pressing buttons and me having issues with short keys on the laptop)

Thank you for all the warm welcomes. Im looking forward to starting the next chapter with you all.

cherished1: well I was very lucky, my old position at work required me to do alot of running around. I would be so exhausted, I would be sleeping by 8. So I didnt diet while pregnant actually ate a lot! I was addicted to coke, chocolate and Thai food oh wait and baskins ice cream. I actually lost around 14 kgs off myself and when I gave birth another 7 came off. Anyways thats not the right way to do it.. I remember my doc offering me info on how many cals you should consume and so forth. The doc kept promoting good eatting.. lol I would laugh and say I must be doing something right lol You should like you have a really good plan.

So what is everyone doing to lose weight..?

Im going to start of slow this time cos I dont want to make it feel any pressure. I want to enjoy it and get my body into a routine.

First thing is first..I need to weigh myself. ekkk

Krysalus - all I can think is (to music) "She wears short, shorts" woo woo
    LOL!!!!

To be honest I have never owned a pair of short shorts. Even at my skinniest (60kg - BMI of 20) I never wore short shorts/skirts or a bikini. And I never thought I was thin. With the glory of hindsight I think I was crazy! Am going to enjoy my new body as it is now even though my eventual aim is to get down a bit more.
    Anyway - don't know what I would do without all of you guys!

Woo hoo I have lost 1.5kg plus 1 cm off my tummy and 1 off my hips. Very happy because I have reached a healthy weight for the first time in 3 years - 70.5kg! Woo hoo!!! Am so happy.

Eng - I am counting calories with CalorieKing (free online program) plus am playing soccer twice a week and I try to cycle to work twice a week, jog once a week and aerobics once a week. Go up and down a bit but more steadily down.

sas - I would definitely put it down to AF. Sometimes I can actually see the fluid in my ankles around that time - if I eat fried food it gets worse. So don't worry about it, I am sure it will go once AF is gone.

Nai & Ryatha - Woo hoo on the losses.

Sorry to anyone I have missed. This group is getting (collectively) big!

krysalyss - well done, that's an awesome loss!! Plus I was admiring your ticker too, you're doing brilliantly.

Eng - I'm doing weight watchers online, it's working for me (albeit slowly) I've lost nearly 8kg so far. Exercise wise I'm a bit limited (can't do high impact or any real weights) but am walking, cycling, wii fit & pilates. I took some pics of myself when I started, plus weight & measurements. Hated doing it at the time, but now I LOVE it, so glad i can see where I started and how far I've come... so you'll thank yourself later what are you thinking of trying?

sas85 - ooooh that's so annoying for you! Geez, you've got my sympathy, and yes, definitely agree it must be AF.

cherished1 - I only gained 5.5kg in 1st & 2nd tri, but then got GD, and didn't gain anything after that (well bub did, but I lost, I'm sure) and my doc wasn't worried at all. So when I had bub I was about 2kg lighter than the start of my PG. I guess that's a bit different because it was partly due to eating for GD... but it was a bonus not to gain more weight. I think my doc said it wouldn't be a problem unless I actually lost 5-10kg. i like your temptation from biggest loser idea too teheh, you sound like you're going great! Oh and totally agree about the clothes thing... I hate that i have lovely clothes spread over all these sizes, if only I could fit them all at once! Then I have to remind myself that the skinnier clothes will look better on me anyway AND i'll feel good.

ryatha - that's a good start!! It's hard isn't it when there's other stuff going on... comfort eating, aaah it's soooo easy to justify. GL for this week... you'll feel great as you lose even more!

Nai - well done, both on the loss and even getting to the scales!!

emmasn - wow, that's a huge loss! congrats.

Isabel B - oh how frustrating for you! Let us know how you're going, hope it turns around for you.

JBM - fingers crossed for you that you've lost some cm's today!

Well I'm going well - tracked my food yesterday plus did some clinical pilates. Was just huuuungry by the end of the day, so ate some extra (I just don't believe in feeling really hungry like that does me any good), and will try do a nice long walk today & continue the good eating. I'm also gonna weigh again this morning, so often I weigh less the day AFTER weigh-in so fingers crossed hey.

happy tuesday to everyone!!

Ah yes, you were right, it was AF - I lost the 2 kg I put on in 2 days with bloating for AF and some so am interested to see what weigh in will be like for me. I am getting closer - however am now in the 66's which is always my killer plateau weight . . am hoping the shake/low carb/low calorie diet will pull me over. I am pretty determined and finding it so much easier than I ever have before (maybe because I'm so busy at this time of year it's a relief not to have to think / do anything for 2 out of 3 meals)

Krys - You do keep getting those massive losses - short shorts here we come just in time for the warmer weather

Hi girls, I've been pretty slack lately and it's been pretty quiet in here too, hope you are all doing well!

Well I went to a party last night, I'm not much of a party animal these days, in fact since meeting my dh a few years ago we pretty much just hang out together and those party days were over along wtih my cigarette smoking habit and all the alcohol that went with it... oh and did I mention my skinny days were over too so it was a bit of a re-awakening in that all the girls there were skinny and most of them were 5 years younger than me anyway but it just made me even more determined to get thin, fit and healthy, only problem today is that I'm a little hung over to start working out hard

So Krys my little inspiration I am going to get back into calorie counting again starting Monday!

Sas - AF is always a killer for weight loss. I'm sure next week will be a good one.

Krys - well done on the big loss. I am getting a bit sick of the small losses here and really need to start getting some bigger ones to keep me motivated.

Cherished - I went to a party too last night but we were home by 8.30pm as the DDs were cracking it and needed to go home to bed

I measured myself and so far have lost 14cm from my waist!! 10cm from my hips and 5 from my bust - the BF must be keeping the bb's big When I stop I'm sure they will go from being a DoubleD back to a B. I reckon there's a good extra 2kg in them at the moment.

Afternoon ladies!!

Just took me a while to catch up on posts hehe

Welcome to those who have recently joined us!! More people to kick my butt...

No persies sorry, just a quick one. Am still on holidays, not eating a whole lot of crap but wont be able to weigh myself until i get home, so far we have been snorkling, fishing, walking and swimming everyday! Today is the first time ive said NO im not doing a thing today haha.

Hope youre all doing well! xo

Interesting on the weight loss after af. I'm hoping that's the case with me. Surely 3 weeks in I can't be plateuing already?! The scales haven't moved for almost a week, then af showed up today. I didn't think it would really affect me much because my af is next to nothing these days.

Good luck to everyone! I don't post much but I do think of you all as I step on my scales LOL.

Nai- good on thats a great acheivment

sorry ive been abit slack with posting on here
    ive fallen off the wagon this last week we've all had swine flu have been very slack n just eating watever.. but today ive been really good went for a 2hour beach walk so sore, tired and very sunburnt!!!. also getting a gym membership on monday and will be doing a pilates class once a week does anyone else do pilates??

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast