Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Morning girls.

This Morning

65.9!! another 900g lost! 1/2 way to my goal weight!

Start Weight: 75kg
    Current Weight: 74kg
    Goal Weight: 64kg
    Notes: ACK! I put on a kilo

Ali - well done!
    Nadine - wow, you're doing really well.

Hey girls, can I join you in here?
    I caught this thread from you, Kazbah, in that thread about someone's DH not wanting to sleep with them because he thought she was fat... My DH is up for it, but I cannot feel comfortable in my body so I keep fobbing him off. I desperately want to lose at least 5kg, hopefully 10. I just feel unhealthy atm, and I really need people to keep me accountable... Hopefully you guys wont mind me joining in and reporting to you and getting encouragement from your own weight loss.
    So. Atm I weigh 75kg. I'd like to lose a couple before Christmas, and if possible be under 70kg for my birthday in April. I'm not a particularly active person and I'm not that tall either, my family has a history of hypertension and heart disease, so this is a health issue for me (as well as a self-esteem one )
    It has been good reading your posts everyone. Keep up the good work

Great to see you here Amy!
    I'm hoping to lose a bit before my wedding in Feb - I don't think I have a chance.

Sure you do You can do a lot in two months! We just need to stay strong over Christmas

HI all,

Welcome Amy,

Good Job Ali!!

Ruth fingers crossed it works for me too, I think what I will need to do is have some sort of lunch supplies at work so I'm not tempted to leave the building, then I can't be tempted by all the yummy foods out there and it will save me money.
    Cereal is a good thing to keep at work 'cause it really fills you up, plus I have a bad habit of not leaving enough time for breakfast so having it at work might help.

Hey everyone,

Things have been a bit up and down on the food front but better than the past two weeks. I went to RPM and Step and am heading off to Pump tommorrow.

Now I'm thinking that Implanon might be slowing down my weightloss - but maybe I'm just thinking that as an excuse for my lack of self control? Argh! I want to get it out but hubby is against the idea... Has anyone else experienced difficulty losing weight on Implanon? When I was bleeding a lot I would just eat anything in sight!

Stay strong everyone!

PS. Food today - 1 handful of smarties, 1 cup skim milk, 1 gingerbread man (this was breakfast - shame!), 1 handful allbran, 1 skim milk latte, 1 small wholemeal pita bread and 1 small can of tuna (98% fat free), 1 diet coke. And it's only 1:30pm.

Ruth - I couldn't lose weight with the Implanon in. Soon as it was removed, the weight started dropping off....

Good on you for doing all that excersise, Ruth. I went to the library to see if I could borrow an aerobics DVD (all my attempts at walking this week have been thwarted - Natty sleeps in, or its raining or is reeeeeally hot) but couldn't find any. So I've been watching Greys anatomy DVDs instead. Far out, I feel lazy! When Nat wakes up we will go for a walk... Our first in over a week, I think.
    If we don't go for a walk, you guys will have to give me heaps, ok?

I've been procrastinating a walk for the past week. Tuesday was raining, Wednesday was sleepy and today is too hot ...

Same here, Kaz, there is always something getting in the way of the walk.
    This afternoon was really humid here - we had a big storm last night, and then the sun came out. But Natty made it easier for me to go - she refused to sleep in her cot, fussing and carrying on for over an hour. So I bit the bullet and put her in the stroller and we went for a walk. I was sooooo sticky afterwards, but Nat had a kip so it was worth it. I sat in front of the fan for an hour after it, LOL. I am definitely feeling the heat so much more since having been pregnant.

:hugs: Ruth. it may not b the implanon tho. I have found that if u r doing everything u can 2 eat well n exercise n it's still not falling off, that is the time to start looking at other causes like hormones. is ur desire 4 implanon removal so u can 'accidentally' concieve earlier than planned iykwim?

Re exercise. I found out that 5 minutes of moderate skipping burns 65 cals!!! it can b done while kids r sleeping in cots too! I do it on the lawn so it is lower impact n it's great! It means I don't have to get the girls up 4 a walk n burns more calories in a shorter time! I love skipping now!

Re food, I too have been a bit naughty today. lets just say, hungry jacks brekky, no lunch, lots of chocolate, grazing 4 tea. bit too much on my mind today with all the smoke here.

New thread time ladies

Love

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910