Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Default Diet and Weight Loss Support - October 2007

Welcome to the Weight Loss Support thread.

Please remember this is for weight loss, any other general chit chat can be removed at the moderators discretion.

Goodluck to you all with achieving your goals.

Your previous thread can be found HERE.

Morning, Wow we do love to chat, 2 threads for October!!

I'm 67.7 a small loss, but i'm not complaining considering all the bad food i've eaten recently. I have to be a little better this week.

First Bub, have you recorded how many calories you should eat? I did a rough calculation of what you listed you ate using calorie King and didn't even get to half of the calories I need per day before exercise. I'm only 160cm's tall or 5ft 3. I think you need to eat a whole lot more, especially if you are exercising heaps. I'm on about 1800 calories per day and if I exercise I have to eat a few more. Do you like fruit? maybe add some fruit into your breakfast routine, do you use full fat cheese? I haven't had too much trouble dropping weight yet (except when i eat heaps of rubbish. If your having trouble getting enough calories you should considerer the whole fat yoghurt's, milk and cheese. If you don't get enough calories first your milk supply will suffer because your body is using all of your energy to keep you going, the next step is that your body changes to adjust to the low calorie intake and you end up not loosing any weight.

Nadine $14.00 I hope you didn't eat any of that? I find when I get congested if I eat dairy foods i get worse. Maybe that can be your motivation for not eating chocolae. it will just make your congestion worse?

Ruth well done on the loss. and a whole tub of margarine too!! that's fantastic

Veronica this morning at 6.30am after feeding and toilet etc I weighed 68kg's after a nap on the couch and feeding Xave again I weighed 67.7, at about 10am I know which weight I'm taking.

Hi Girls

Oh how i love monday mornings, well i weighed in and i have a loss this week, much to my surprise, i havent been on the soup diet although have started again today. Down from 99.2 to 98.6 so 0.6kg... Just have been watching what i eat, no junk, no sweets, but have been eating stir-fries with jasmine rice etc but no bread, potato or pasta... mainly just lean meats and vegies and fruit, and a little bit of white rice...

This is two steps forward one step back, half a step forward is better than not moving at all, or just goin backwards i spose. I need to think about joining a gym, is anyone a member of Fitness First? What are the fees like?

Forgot to weigh in this morning - the scales are downstairs, we just moved upstairs to our new bedroom / ensuite!

This week I've decided I'll go to the gym. Going to start with one class and then next week make it up to 2 classes, then the week after 3 classes. The other days I'll be walking or trying to jog.

So, here I go, walking down the road to the shops instead of driving

(and - organising wedding is bad for diet - all that tasting of wedding cake, and menus, and bonberrie)

TwoMums,

I go to fitness first - it's great I really like it! I started out going to a Fernwood gym which was lovely but I moved away. Plus fitness first was cheaper! There is a great degree of variability in the fees depending on when you sign up and what deals you get. I think the basic/starting is about $30-35/fortnight. It's cheaper if you just join your local one rather than being about to go to all the club across Australia But I've got on a good bargain before my club started up and only pay $22/fortnight. You do have to go often to make it worth while and lots and lots of people give up their memberships becuase they can't go often enough. Sometimes people sell the rest of their membership and you can get a good deal that way...

Things I like about fitness first - it's clean, equipment always works or is fixed quickly, lots of classes (and enough room for everyone who wants to get into the classes!) and good showers. Mine also has childcare for $3.50 per session but you can get a discount multi pass card (not sure how much).

Yes there are men there and yes everyone else there (pretty much) is slimmer and fitter and "prettier" than me but I don't really care. It doesn't intimidate me. But the sale staff are pretty pushy - so be ready to be firm!

Anyway, if you have any other questions, I'm happy to answer them!

Ruth (PS I don't work for Fitness First - really!)

Good work everyone who has weighed in so far! Everyone else - get on those scales!

Hi girls a quick one from me...well I have lost nothing again, gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
    I weigh in at 86kg this week. I just don't know what to do???????
    I think I might try swimming this week, maybe that will work. I aim to start the classes at the gym next week too. I couldn't earlier because my back was still really bad after being pg, but it feels heaps better now so I think I can handle it. The routine that the instructor gave me at the gym seems to be doing nothing. I'm not losing weight on the scales and I'm not losing size either. I am so frustrated. I will have to see him again this week any way so I will see what he says. Double GGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

Kellieem - sounds like you are frustrated! I can understand that feeling! Poor thing - keep up the good work - remember you are getting healthier even if they numbers and clothes aren't changing yet. You're heading in the right direction!

I am down 1kg this week (I think most of that is thanks too a heavy bout of the trots on saturday night)
    Naked weight - 70.4 kg
    WW weight - 71.2 kg
    I have reached my first 5kg mark at WW! Got a star for that. Now it's only 5.2kg to go. And I am definatly going to the gym on Wednesday!!! Come hell of high water. Just need to get my strenght back, and let my back get better from sleeping on the bathroom floor (I am not 16 anymore!!) and then I am hitting that gym harder than a grand-slam serve! I am also wearing a pedometer, so checking out how many steps I am taking. My goal is 5000 steps per day for this week and then I'll push it up each week.
    Now that I am my pre-pg weight, I am really looking forward to tone up. Get these gorgeous love-handles something to worry about. Even if I pick up a kg or two from the toning, that would be fine.
    Congrats to everyone losing some weight and a STAY STRONG for those who stayed the same or picked up a few grams.

did physio class for the 1st time in 5 weeks again 2day, omg am i feeling it!!!! Serving sizes have also been smaller this week so my tummy should b shrinking. weigh in tomorrow!

lost 800g this week wohooo now 81.0 kg

hope everyone else is happy with their weight loss this week
    mek

Hi all,

Lol Kazbah, I didn't get to try any food when I got married. I feel jibbed.

Well done on all the losses ladies. You are all doing a fantastic job.

Kellie swimming is a great idea, especially with the weather warming up.

Well ladies, I am 71.9 I just can't seem to get rid of it!! I feel like I'm eating less and my tummy looks smaller than my bbs now so i must b gaining muscle. Think I mite put sum music on n do a bit of cardio while Sarah is sleeping.

Ok, done 10 minutes cardio to music n Em thought it was HILARIOUS!!! mite have to do more when they r both asleep. DH will have 2 be as silly as me coz otherwise I won't do coz he will laugh! Heart rate is elevated now tho.

Hi girls,

Thanks for the advice Rebecca about my calorie intake. I didn't realise that I wasn't eating enough. My milk supply has been fine and I have been eating whenever I am hungry. Maybe that is why the weight is coming off slowly. I am going to get a calorie book so I can record what I eat more accurately.

I weighed myself this morning and I was 76.9 so it is a little loss! Congrats to everyone who has lost some weight this week. It sounds like we are all going to be yummy mummies in no time!!

I've been avoiding this thread...

I PUT A KILO BACK ON!

Then in my depression, I ate 2 roses chocolates and a 1/3 of a Toblerone. OMG!!!

So, back on track now. I will have a loss next week, I will have a loss next week, I will have a loss next week...

So, I'm 70.5 kilos.

Only 10.5 to go!

Celsie. xoxox

:hugs: Celsie!! Chin up honey!! Get back on that horse!
    *blush* I just ALMOST finished a JUMBO CHOC-CHIP MUFFIN!!!!! I did leave the bottom half.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine216 View Post
    *blush* I just ALMOST finished a JUMBO CHOC-CHIP MUFFIN!!!!! I did leave the bottom half.
    ROFL

And thanks for the support...

Celsie. xoxox

Well yesterday was bad - went to the movies and had an icecream and popcorn

Today better so far, except for the 2 tim-tams. Why did they create the strawberry ones?

Yesterday's weigh-in, 74kg. Need new scales, they're hard to read, and I want the body fat thingy.

Today I'm going to walk about 7km to buy my veg, and will be "wearing" Pip. Hmmm. Bringing veg back, that's going to be annoying. Didn't think that one through now, did I?

Have you seen the kellogs special k thingy? You can map out your walking routes and it tells you how far they are, and you can log your progress there.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast