Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Ferguson V's Optifast

Default Tony Ferguson V's Optifast

Hi all,

I'm looking at starting on either the Tony Ferguson diet or the Optifast diet but i'm not exactly sure which of the two would be the better option. I would love to hear from anyone who has been on either of these programs, it would be great to hear other people's thoughts on the programs.

Thanks in advance

i am doing TF and its the 1st time i have done a "shake" diet, there are so many of them ont eh market at the moment.. Too be honest i decided to try TF as the chemist is local to me and the staff are realy friendly and supportive.

In 4 weeks i have lost 5.4 kilos, i have had a bad week this week, but i am back ont he wagon today! and hoping for another great weight loss next week

all the best

i have heard of some people that prefer the TF taste than optifast but this is only second hand so don't know

im on the TF plan.. the reson i went on it was it has more than 2 or 3 flavours like optifast has.. TF have heaps and keeps you on track cause you dont become bored with the same flavours all the time!!

Thanks ladies and Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss, thats fantastic!!!

Thinking i will join in on the TF diet next when i get back from NSW on the 26th February....would be stoked if i could lose the amount of weight you ladies have done and in the same time frame. Can i ask one more question ...please!! What exercise are you doing to be getting these results ?

My plan is to have the shake of a morning and lunch time then have a Lite'n'Easy meal of a night. Exercise will involve walking on my treadmill (at home) for approx 30mins a day and walking my son either to or from school each day somedays i will walk both (to and from)....do you think this will be enough to see the results i'm after ?

I'm thinking i will also set myself smaller goals and when i reach them reward myself , with something like this ..........
    5kgs lost = haircut
    10kgs lost = facial
    15kgs lost = pedicure
    20kgs lost = massage

Now all i need is to stay motivated.... i have already got a photo of me (in my teens looking rather good...well good for me) beside the microwave which will be used as a motivation tool. Realistically i know i will probably never get back to this size as i'm now a good 13 years older and a mother of two but i guess i will never ever know if i never ever give it a go !!!!!!

Sorry for the ramble i think i'm just trying to motivate myself even more.
    Last edited by westy; February 16th, 2008 at 04:45 PM. Reason: spelling error

i walk 45 mins a day.. i was at the gym but mine closed just before xmas and when i looked around at others they were out of my budget!!

mini goals are a great way to keep on track!! i have 5kg mini goals like buying myself a new pair of shoes or clothes!!

good luck with your weightloss!!

Thanks Jackie, i had looked into the gym but by the time i would have to pay to have my youngest looked after it was more practical for us to buy a treadmill at least then i can get on it at anytime (usually when little one is sleeping).

Mini goal seem the way to go.... can't wait to get to the first one then i will know i'm well on my way!!

Keep up the great work your doing really well, hopefully i will be able to say the same about myself soon.

HI westy. I'm no longer on TF, but lost around 19 kilos on it in about 3-3.5 months
    Put 3 back on of christmas/NY but working on that now

WRT excercise while on TF, the calorie intake on TF doesnt cater fo r large amounts of excercise, and the consultants noramlly advise people to do gentle exercise only. That said I was going to the gym 2 times a week and seeing a personal trainer.

Congratulations Rayray that is fantastic, i bet you feel so much better for it too.

If you don't mind me asking what sort of $$$ is it to get in a personal trainer ?? Obviously this along with the TF works wonders......i would be estatic if i could lose that amount of weight in 3-3.5 months. Well done!!!!

That amount of weight in that time is not uncommon on TF even without exercise. Have you had a look at their online forums? Lots of members have huge signitures detaileing their weekly weightloss, its amazing how much they lose.

The trainer I see is $40 for an hour, which I consider cheap as far as personal trainers go. It also helps that my gym is only $4 each time to go to, instead of exxy like other gyms can be, becuase 2 times a week is not worth buying a membership for. I only go once a fortnight for a new program & training, and then I train on my own during the week.

You can also get group personal training, my trainer does up to 4 in a group, which brings the price down again. I am trying to get my mum to come along with me.

However my new job as a gym and personal training provided (though very hard to book in to I am finding) so I can now do extra classes and such for free, yay.
    Last edited by Pandora; February 18th, 2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: spellink

Quote Originally Posted by rayray View Post
    That amount of weight in that time is not uncommon on TF even without exercise.
    this is so true!!!

Wow, that's amazing amounts of weight to lose. I think i will go and have a look at the TF forums.

Also, what foods do you normally eat for your main meal ?

main meal, which can be any meal, is a palm sized (average for women is 120g, mine were close to 150 though) portion of lean protein beef/chicken/fish/lamb/pork etc or tofu.
    There are lots of recipes online as well, the vegies you can have as a bit restricted, and no rice, pasta, grains, legumes etc. TBH I was eating a lot of stirfrys and salads - there is a list of commercially available foods that are TF approved on the forum as well.

Rayray, based on what you have just said what you eat for tea i think i can do this...this is bascially what we eat anyway. It almost sounds to good to be true, can't wait to start when i get back from NSW next weekend.

Thanks for all of your advice it has been greatly appreciated.

Talking

best of luck Westy i'm finding it great i've turned into a foodie i love concocting new meal ideas from the allowed list and i've lost close to 7 kg as well

PicturePerfect Guest

I love TF!! Its kept me healthy and happy for 3years! Not only does it have really yummy milkshakes but i love their soups, when i feel extra hungry i just add a handful of frozen winter veges (brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, beans) and that gives it a better texture!

Anyway thought i might add my 2cents :P

Cheers Boo

kym Guest

Smile

Hi,

I went on the Tony ferguson diet for two weeks to lose some weight after having my first baby. I did lose a couple of kilos however i'm a very active person and got really dizzy and sick from having no carbohyrdates. I have since changed to Herbalife's shapeworks programs and have lost a further six kilos and have increased my energy levels alot. It works similar to the TF, you have two shakes a day as a meal replacement and then your main meal can be whatever you like (in moderation) there is also vitamins, minerals and energy supplement tablets that you can also have to aid in your weight loss and general well being. I have since started selling the products, one of the girls that i have on it is doing really well, she has lost 14 cms off her waist & 5cms off her hips in the first two weeks.
    Hope this helps you. Good luck with acheiving your weight loss goals!

Hi Kym,

Thanks very much for your reply. I actually tried Herbalife about 5 years ago, it did work it worked really well but the pain i went through whilst on this program was simply to much to bear ( i don't want to go into tmi on here ) but lets just say im not going to go through that again!!!

Well done on your weight loss, thats fantastic!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast