Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Tony Ferguson Weight Loss Chatter #2

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

I survived without anything yesterday - far out I could have curlled up in a ball and died! It was awful, not just headaches but nausea. I read on the TF forums that it is a common side effect in the detox too. It was awful, a throbbing headache and wanting to throw up eating each mouthful of food and even thinking about a shake... I dont know how I will go this morning having one. I am having a cuppa now okay, but the thought of a shake right now is not good! I know I have to though, or this will not work.

I spoke to our health expert Tracey last night (we're good friends) and she told me its not a diet to take lightly - you can't just stop and start because you will go through all the withdrawls over again - and I definitely do not want to do that. So I am going to be as strict as I can with this - no way I am going to feel like that again. It was torture. Sounds like I got one of the more strong reactions though. John just had a headache.

Anyways, gotta psych myself up for the next shake, not sure which flavour will go down best, even thinking of a soup at this stage.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Just popping in to say good luck on this program ladies!!! My friend from uni was on this, and she did really well - dropping 6kg in about 6 weeks (and she wasn't really overweight to start with).

Hope the headaches ease soon for you Kel.

I will join you guys next year sometime probably

I am so rapt! I was making my shake in the tea room at work, and alady who I only know to say hi to came up and said 'wow, you're losing weight, you look great!'

hooray! I can't really see it much yet, but its nice to know that my efforts are paying off

WOO HOO Rach!! Yes it does work very quickly and even better when someone notices!

I'm definitely feeling different today, better then yesterday obviously but not in a tired haze... feel a bit more normal. Which is certainly nice

I weighed myself for the first time in ages yet, I am going to aim to lose 10kgs. What is everyone else's goals?

I was thinking, if you create a weight loss ticker, we can put them in the first intro thread under our names if you like. Email me your code at [email protected] and I will add it in.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I am aiming to lose a further 15 kilos. With all the yucky belly skin though, I don't know how it will go

Yeah I dont think the belly skin goes, only one thing for that I think!!!

I am okay with my belly, but may be flabbier when I lose more weight who knows - but I am just hoping those horrid hips will settle down. Buying clothes is a nightmare but I also have a feeling that it's just my pear shape and I am going to have to have clothes adjusted anyway. I get that gaping hole at the back of jeans etc that fit my legs else they are too tight in a smaller size I hate it. So hopefully this diet will help my dread of clothes shopping.
    Kelly xx

I get that too. really want to fit into my jeans again, I can't wait! I have 2 space bags full of clothes that I need to fit into

According to Trinny and Susannah (where I get all my fashion advice! ha ha) I am a "flatback" so will have this problem with jeans all the time and need to be picky with the styles I get

I just made my first soup, roast pumpkin and it was delicious but I made it wrong, it was lumpy, just like the gravy I make LOL!!! Argh I cant believe I stuffed it up, I was soooo looking forward to it and it tastes nice, but the lumps could make me gag lol.
    Kelly xx

It's pretty good, but of course that same thick texture as the shakes. But I could go another soup over a shake
    Kelly xx

the pumpkin soup and the mushroom soup tend to be a little lumpy all the time, not big lumps but a few small ones. I always use at least 250ml water and that makes it OK.

The asian curry soup has never been lumpy when I've made it.

I find they taste as good as any other packet soups (except the chicken which I didn't like)

ETA: how much water are you using for the shakes? mine are not what id call thick? or are you putting fibre in the shakes?

200 ml for the shakes - not thick but thickened anyway LOL

What didnt you like about the chicken? Going to try that one for lunch tomorrow.
    Kelly xx

it just tasted funny. I ate it, don't get me wrong it wasn't that bad that I couldn't eat it, and I might try it again one day, but it was just a bit more "manufactured" than the rest?

I checked out the TF website and some people have been doing it cold then microwaving for smooth soup but I wouldnt want to do that as it kills off vitamins and you would need it on a diet... also some use a whisk and some make a paste first then add slowly... so might take some experimenting ....
    Kelly xx

a whisk would be great for the weekends at home, but not in my cup at work! lol it was bad enough when I cleaned my shaker and shook it (with hot water..duh) and it exploded all over the wall when I took off the lid!

Will try the gradual filling/mixing though, that sounds like a good plan.

Hey Kelly,

How's it going? are the headaches a thing of the past yet?
    I've had one bad headache in the 3 and a half weeks but that was just a few days ago, not at the start..

weigh in day for me tomorrow!

Hi Girls

My GF and I are meeting at Terry White tomorrow to get started!!
    Am looking forward to it - SIL has been on it after having her 2nd baby and has lost 9kgs since May!

Was hoping for any advice or tips you guys can give me before I buy everything tomorrow - I'm only going to start with a weeks worth in case I end up buying a heap of flavours that I don't like! When I know what I like, I'll buy a heap all together.

I'd like to lose 5-10kgs - 5kgs to start with, thats what I've put on with all of the fertility drugs over the last 2 yrs

We're TTC, but with Antonia Ruhl ATM, so I'm free to diet - If I fall pg, I'll obviously stop straight away!!
    My cycle has just started today, so I'll get at least one cycle in - Hoping I can go close to the 5kgs in the month!

Do you guys all have the vitamins & fibre etc that they recommend??
    I think I will definatley take the vitamins - Have to find out about the fibre and other things though!!!

Any advice is appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
    Holly
    xxx

Hi Holly,

I started off with a weeks worth too, for pretty much the same reson, I didn't want to end up with a whole lot of shakes I didn't like. So far of what I've tried (tried everything except pina colada, wildberry and espresso) I've only disliked 1 soup.

Definitely think about a fibre supplement. The fruit and vegies are enough for some people, but certainly not for me. I don't have the TF simply fibre though, I've got benefiber, and some people use metamucil. I got what was on sale at the time

A chromium supplement helps with sugar cravings, I have blackmores sugar balance and have not had the 3pm muchies and tireness once since being on the program.

A multivitamin is a great idea, I have Swisse (again it was on sale, its one of the ones the recommend along with their own, and blackmores)

I hope you lose your 5kg in a month. I've lost 6.3 in 2 weeks, with another weigh in tomorrow, so its possible!

Thanks so much!

I just called my SIL as well, and she has said basically the same as you
    I'll see how I go with the fibre - I'm pretty regular (!!) - If needs be, I can always get it over the next few days!

I take a stack of different vitamins from my NP - and from the treatment I'm taking TTC so, I think I should be right!!

Am very excited - SIL said the 5kgs should be easy enough to do in the month... Look how much you've lost already, thats amazing - Congratulations!!!

I've been drinking 2-3L water a day for well over 12 months now, due to IVF and TTC, so that part I'm already doing as well... Here's hoping it shouldn't be too hard!!!

So great to have this thread to chat to you guys about everything - I will pop back in tomorrow and let you know how it all went!

Thanks again!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast