Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Support ~ September-October 07

OK girls - I'm joining in.

Current weight: 72kg
    Goal weight: 64kg

Did lite n easy for a week but was STARVING as I'm bf. So I'm kinda doing WW points, but not going to meetings. Because I'm bf I'm giving myself 26 a day, sometimes more. I'll be back at the gym in a week, so that should help. Swimming & running are my preferred exercise.

Look forward to sharing this journey with you all!

Linda, I am giving myself a few extra points as wlel, as I would normally be n 22 points but am having 24-26 a day instead.

Here is a our Hot Mamma list so far-

nattyg
    Starting weight : 70kg
    Goal : Between 58kg-60kg

rayray
    Starting weight : 97kg
    Current weight : 80kg
    Goal : Between 72-75kg

sharleen?

beaksie?

*las*
    Starting weight : 98kg
    Current weight : 98kg
    Goal : Between 75-80kg

kellieem
    Start Weight: 86kg
    Current Weight:86kg
    Goal Weight:60-66kg
    Height:165cm (about 5'3ish?)

satyaStarting
    weight: 81 kgs (a few months ago)
    Current weight: 77.3 kgs
    Ideal weight: 60kgs (or less)

kimbaz?

ngala?

kungfubecca
    Name: Rebecca
    Start weight: 70KG
    height: 160cm
    Current Weight: 70kg (just getting started no change yet)
    Ideal Weight: 60kg or less

Soul
    Name: soul aka Jay
    Starting Weight - 94 kg
    Start Weight: 94 kg
    Current Weight: 88.5
    Ideal Weight: 65 kg

~jo~

Start weight 82kgs
    Goal weight 67kg

Nurse Dan
    Name: Dan
    Current weight: approx 73kg (will get accurate weight in morning)
    Height: 160cm
    Goal Weight: 65kg

Sconeonamission
    Name: Rhianon (sconeonamission)
    Start Weight: 89kg
    Current Weight: 89kg
    Ideal Weight: 75kg

*Linda*
    Current weight: 72kg
    Goal weight: 64kg
    Last edited by soul; September 16th, 2007 at 04:39 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes lmao

With WW, is there a minimum amount you need to lose to join? I was thinking about joingin as I am 5 kilos off my goal, a dn I really like the idea of the point plan WRT maintaining weight, and b/f (potentially in the next 12-18 months )

Ray - you have to be at least 5kg over the lowest weight in your healthy weight range. So that should be fine. And the best bit is that once you reach your goal (has to be at leastt 5kg loss) you become a lifetimer & all meetings are free (whilever you maintain your goal weight).

*las* Guest

I am glad there are soo many of us here to kick my butt if I don't pull my weight and work hard!

Can anyone tell me a good but inexpensive set of scales.....just pulled mine out and they are broken

Name: nattyg
    Start Weight: 75kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 70kg
    Ideal Weight: 59kg or less
    Notes: I'm trying to loose my baby weight! I put on 20kg with my DD and so far I have only managed to shift 5kg. My diet is up and down - it all depends on what I have time for!
    I tend to only manage a coffee for breakfast or maybe a few times a week a bowl of 3weetbix. Lunch usually hits about 2pm and I will make a salad sandwich. Dinner tends to be up and down but it does tend to be healthy most times! Meat with salads and or veg. I used to go for 1 to 2 walks per day but I got really dissapointed because I was not seeing any weight shift! So now I have really given up on that. Although with all the running around I do with DD, DH the dogs and looking after the house I do feel like I get a bit of exercise! lol!
    My biggest problem is the jelly belly and the thunder thighs.
    I am going away on Tuesday for a week and a half so I won't have much time to read up in here but I will be getting more exercise because I will be around family who will make me do it! So fingers crossed I go down and not up!

----

Name: rayray
    Start Weight: 97kg
    Current weight as of 24/09/2007: 78kg (lost 1.6kg)
    Ideal Weight: between 72-75kg
    Height: 184cm
    Notes:I put on 35+kg during my pregnancy. Prior to that I had lost 23 kilos and had let it all off til about 12 weeks in to my pregnancy. I managed to lose 15 kilos pretty fast initially, but put some back on again and stayed around 92 til mid this year when I went back up to 97. .
    Fast forward to today, I have lost about 17 kilos since July 14, and am feeling a lot better. Most of my pre-preg stuff is fitting again - even things that I know only fit me at my goal weight fit now, so I think the weight I'm carrying is distributed differently or something.
    My original aim was to get to goal by Christmas, but now I am hoping to get to my goal weight by October 27, for my brothers engagement party.

----

Name: Beaksie
    Start Weight: 116.1kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 116.1kg
    Ideal Weight: 76kg, realistic goal - under 100kg
    Height: 176cm
    Notes:got to 131kg at 9mths preg with dd, last year, and have lost and gained the same 8 or so kg about 10 times since. Very frustrating!

----

Name: *las*
    Start Weight: 98kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007:
    Ideal Weight: Between 75kg-80kg
    Height:
    Notes: I have PCOS so following a low GI diet. After losing very little baby weight, then nearly 3 years of fertility treatment and IVF leading to gradual weight gain, and 3 miscarriages which have lead to a lot of comfort eating, I have stacked on a massive 15-ish kg's this year I started last Monday so I'm just into my first week and have yet to weigh. I'm also doing aerobics videos at home every day.

----

Name: kellieem
    Start Weight: 86kg
    Ideal Weight: 60-66kg
    Height:
    Notes: height: 165cm. I have put on at least 5kgs with each of my pg. With this last one,I put on 10kg then when I had her, I actually lost 2kgs on my pre pg weight. BUT!! I am now back up to the same weight I was the week that I gave birth *hangs head in embarrassment*. My BMI tells me that I am boarderline obese!! I am unfit and unhealthy and completely uncomfortable in my skin. I will be loosley following Weight Watchers, though not actually doing the programme. I have had success with it in the past, losing 7kgs about five yrs ago on it. I have loined the gym and plan to go every second day, and walk with my DD other days.

----

Name: satya
    Start Weight: 81kg
    Ideal Weight: 60kg (or less)
    Height:
    Notes:I'm 5 foot 3 so I'm way too heavy. My weight started to come on in my late 20's when I first started to TTC. I had the opinion that I would be pregnant soon so it didn't matter if I put some weight on I'd lose it afterwards. I still have all the weight on me and I'm 41.... and childless. In my mid twenties I was a size 8-10 now I'm a 16-18 in most clothes (some jeans size 14).
    Since the miscarriage in March I've been watching what I eat a bit, but not following any plan. Since throwing my man out last weekend I have lost around a kilo. Now that I don't have a man and child in the house to tempt me with junk I'm hoping it will be easy to start to lose some more weight.
    I'm also going to attempt to walk the dog every day.

----

Name: Ngala
    Start Weight: 94kg (end of pg weight)
    Current weight as of 24/09/2007: 80kg (lost 0.5kg)
    BMI: 27
    Ideal Weight: 65kg-70kg (or less)
    Height: 172cm
    Notes: Before getting pregnant I was at the gym trying to lose weight but couldnt get past 72kg. In October last year I got pregnant with bub #1. Over the 9 months I gained 22kg. My lowest point was when I realised I weighed more than DF's tallest mate!! DD was born 23/07/07 and 10 kg dropped off pretty much straight away. I am breast feeding so the weight is slowly coming away. I am getting married in December this year and would love to get to my pre-baby weight but would be happy to lose 5kg!
    Exercise = I go to the gym about 3 times a week and work on all the weights and cardio stuff. I try to take my dogs out for an hours work every day.
    Diet = I try to eat everything in moderation!! I do have my bad moments but am generally pretty healthy.

----

Name: Kungfubecca
    Start Weight: 70kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 69.9
    BMI: 27.3
    Notes: Gave birth 6 weeks ago now, and was 78 kg then, lost 8 without trying, which means the rest is up to me. I have been addicted to ice cream and chocolate for the past 6 weeks too, and decided this week I wasn't buying any, going cold turkey.
    I lost weight over 2 years before becoming pg, and used weight watchers to kick start so I will be using what I learned then. I hope to do a fair bit of walking to help things along.

----
    Name: soul
    Start Weight: 94kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 88kg
    Ideal Weight: 65kg
    Height:
    Notes:

----

Name: ~Jo~
    Start Weight: 82kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 81kg
    Ideal Weight: 67kg
    Height:
    Notes:

----

Name: Nurse Dan
    Start Weight: approx 73kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 71kg
    Height:
    Notes: 65kg is my first goal. Will reassess and set another goal when I have achieved this one. I don't want to set my goal to high to start.

----

Name: sconeonamission
    Start Weight: 89kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 88.3kg
    Ideal Weight: 75kg (for now - least thats sort of attainable and realistic)
    Height:
    Notes: I had my baby in August 07 and at 4wks I've got 1kg to go to be back to my pre-baby weight!
    I'm looking to now lose some more weight, which will hopefully reduce the hideous look of my mummy tummy. I lost 10kg back in 2005, so if I could do it then, I can do it now. Also, my DH is trying to lose weight too, so I can be motivation for him as well. I'm going to start walking every day to start things off and try and fix my sore back.

----

Name: *Linda*
    Start Weight: 72kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 72.1kg
    BMI: 25.5
    Ideal Weight: 64kg
    Height: 168cm
    Notes: Did lite n easy for a week but was STARVING as I'm bf. So I'm kinda doing WW points, but not going to meetings. Because I'm bf I'm giving myself 26 a day, sometimes more. I'll be back at the gym in a week, so that should help. Swimming & running are my preferred exercise.

----

Name: *Shell*
    Start Weight: 75kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 75.5kg
    Height: 155cm
    Notes: Put on a fair few kg's before and during my pg and i like my food way tooo much!

-----

Name: RuthB
    Start Weight: 122kg (but that was like 2 years ago)
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: Hovering around 100kg
    Ideal Weight: 75kg
    Height:175cm with big bones and lots of muscle
    Notes: Hoping to start TTC next year and trying to shape up to assist with what I suspect will be problematic fertility issues. Thyroid problems and family history of obesity don't help either!
    As I am childless, I have the luxury of going to a gym which I love! Seriously. Walking outside (especially alone) is just not my cup of tea, but I like the gym. So if you can give it a try, I would suggest seeing what your local gyms are like.
    I have "food issues" - you don't get to 122 without food issues - but I've been seeing a hypotherapist which I *think* has been working. But still have a major lack of control of what I eat. I so admire people who can stick to a diet like Tony Ferguson.
    Also, I've been replacing some of my meals with Slim Right shakes - you can just get the powder from Coles, it's not that expensive and tastes okay. It took me about 6 weeks to get used to the taste but now I genuinely enjoy them. Try them.

----

Name: alisando01
    Start Weight: 70.9kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 70.9kg
    Ideal Weight: 56-60kg
    Height: 163cm
    Notes: I am already only 2 kg off my pre Emma weight, but i'm 7 kgs off my pre Sarah weight. I didn't have time 2 loose all the weight from my 1st pg b4 fallin pg again. b4 we try 4 #3 i have 2 b @ my pre wedding weight, i was 58kg wen i got married 2 1/2 years ago. my driveway is 500m long so checking the mail every day gives me a km walk and i do a physio exercise class on monday's. will attempt to lengthen my walk every day, the local park is about 5 k away so will aim 2 walk the girls there by my 22nd bday, i have just under 6 months.

----

Name: daniellec
    Start Weight: 78kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 78kg
    Ideal Weight: 60-66kg
    Height: 165cm
    Notes: I have lost all my baby weight and another 3kgs (well I think I have put 2 back on ) so I am wanting to get back to my weight from a few years ago which is around 65kg. When I left High School I piled it on and never took it off due to being lazy! I am sick of having all this excess weight on me and need to tone up and trim down!!

----

Name: ellsbells
    Start Weight: 82.9kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 80kg approx
    Ideal Weight: 60kg
    Realistic Weight: 70kg
    Height:
    Notes: When I was 16 weeks pregnant with my first I weighed 62kg and haven't gotten back down there since. After DS I nearly got back down but then got depressed about things in my life and sat on my bu** all day eating. My first weigh in when pregnant with DD I was 86kg I didn't weigh in at the end of pregnancy but am having a guess that I hit 100kg. 2 weeks after I had DD I started Tony Ferguson weighing in at 91kg. I lost 20kg!! yes 20kg in 8 weeks I got down to 71kg. Then I stopped TF and started eating like [email protected] again and have put on 11kg in 8ish months.
    So I am now trying a different approach. I have been having a shake for breakfast and "trying" to eat healthy during the day. Every morning Before Breakfast I get on my exercise bike for 20 mins going 12 secs slow 8 secs fast for the whole 20 mins. (ok so I skip a couple days here and there)
    I don't own scales so I weigh in at TF every Friday as that's the only time I can get there.

----

Name: *Michelle*
    Start Weight: 95kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 68kg
    Ideal Weight:
    Height: 50 - 55kg
    Notes: I weighed 95kilos the day i had Eleanor and i hope i can reach 55kilos by the time she is a year old. I am doing weight watchers at the moment but haven't followed my points for a while now.

----

Name: Sarah-William-And-Hayden
    Start Weight: 115kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 115kg
    Ideal Weight: 65kg - 70kg
    Height:
    Notes: i Was a size 12 when i left school to do a apprenticeship as a chef and then i got pregnant with my son Hayden who is now 2 and have put on more weight sao im now ttc #2 and have not done so yet so im ghoing to lose weight tho see if that help hayden was a SUPRISE and now we finding it hard to fall preggers and i hope that with some support i will be able to get to my goal weight

----

Name: TwoMums
    Start Weight: 103.5kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 103.5kg
    Notes: Have been on this TTC rollercoaster for 13 months now and i have just piled on the weight. When i started i was about 72kg so started out overweight anyway and now its worse. We are on a TTC break for 3 months so we started our diets today. We are trying the Sacred Heart Hospital Soup Diet. Yay.... Kim is on the diet with me, she is about 84kg and would like to be around 70kg. I think it would be too hard to keep track of Kim as well so I'll just do my weigh in's and will probably talk about Kim's weight loss aswell along the way.

----

Name: Nadine216
    Start Weight: 74kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 74kg
    Height: 172cm
    Notes: I am currently with weight watchers and has lost 2kg already. I have started gym at the begining of the month again, so that would help shift the kilo's. I love going to gym. I have never been thin, my whole life. I was always above 80kg in high school (heaviest at 86kg - met my DH like that) and has only lost the weight just before getting pg (go figure) I was down to 68kg, but my goal was always 65kg. So now I have given myself till end of the year to reach it, because I am not getting pg for nr 2 before nr 1's weight has come off!

----

Name: onemore
    Start Weight: 82kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 79kg
    Ideal Weight: 55kg - 60kg
    Height: 164cm
    Notes: Put on heaps of weight after having children 2 x DS. I must admit Iv`e been over weight for a long time, got down to 70 lots of times, my 2nd DS is 8.
    Had tubal reversal last year, just found out both tubes are blocked so its now in the hands of the gods !!
    Figure it`s me time now and I want to loose the extra weight.

----

Name: Bec G
    Start Weight: 110kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 78kg
    Ideal Weight: 69kg
    Height:
    Notes: Started in Feb and really want to be finished by November

----

Name: JoMarie
    Start Weight: 74kg
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 70kg
    Height:
    Notes: was 78Kg about 3 years ago, then got down to 68Kg just before falling pregnant with Nicholas. I have since lost 4kg doing weight watchers (not going to meetings, just online), but am struggling to lose the last 5Kg. I love chocolate and this is my vice. I have been excersising, but am thinking about joining a gym with a couple of other mums from playgroup to keep my motivation. We are going on holidays in November to QLD so would love to lose it before then to get into a pair of bathers! Also, having some family pics done in a couple of months too, so want to look good for those.

----

Name: firstbub
    Start Weight: 93kg (day before I had my baby girl)
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 79kg
    Ideal Weight: 68kg - 70kg
    Height: 175cm
    Notes:My baby girl is 4 months old and I still have 9 kilograms to lose to get back to a healthier weight. I eat healthy (most of the time) and I go to the gym about 4 times a week. I am also breastfeeding but my weight is still not budging very much! Very frustrating! My goal is to lose at least some of this weight by January 2008 as some friends of ours are getting married! I want to wear a nice dress and not feel self conscious.

----

Name: rosehannah
    Start Weight: 50kg (post birth)
    Current weight as of 17/09/2007: 73kg
    Height: 165cm
    Notes:
    Last edited by Ngala; September 17th, 2007 at 01:47 PM. Reason: updates

That's great Veronica! Thanks for all your work getting that done!

No worries Linda! I like putting lists together

If everyone could post their height, then I will be able to add it in. And then tomorrow I will put in everyones current weight! How exciting!!

I had already done a list and it was just dismissed!Hmmm that didn't seem fair!

Anyway goodluck to everyone!

Oh sorry Soul!! I did kinda voluntee to do a list at the beginning of the thread. If you want to keep track of the list, you can!! I got no problem with that

OK, I got a question to those that are on weight watchers or any similar diets. What sort of stuff do you eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks? Are there any supplements involved?? My sis wants to get me on to a diet when I finish breastfeeding but it involves taking supplements and not sure if I want to go down that road!

nope its all yours hon.

I must have gotten this wrong, I thought this was the thread that beaksie started, but she seemd to be left out, so I kepy asking where she was, then I couldnt find the thread anymore so thought this was the one. ooooopppsss "Red faced here" so was just going from we we talked about in the last thread.

K, runs awya with tail between legs!!!

goodluck on your weight loss journey!
    Last edited by soul; September 16th, 2007 at 07:30 PM.

Great list Veronica.....if you want... take me off the list til end of next month? Only cos i cant loose my kilos til bub makes an arrival! Ill still be in here seeing how people are going and encouraging you all...but cant try loose yet!

Oh ofcourse Kim!! LOL I'll take you off for now

Veronica - I'm 184cm

*las* there are loads of good bathroom scales on ebay, you can usually get some for $20-$50 plus postage, that would retail for well over that price.

In normal department stores, Soehnle and salter are good brands.

Taia's Mum Guest

Soul I think most of us from the other thread have come in here

Soul - sorry matey. I didn't mean to dismiss what you did, I can see you went to some trouble there. I hope I didn't upset you.

V - with ww you can eat pretty much anything, which is why I love it each food has a points value & you just use them on your choice of foods.

I have Soehnle scales (free on our credit card rewards points) & they're great.

V - my height is 168cm. Do you think we should all put our BMI? I think that would be great! Should we all vote on it?

OMG... id die if we had BMI....weight is bad enuf....lol

Im short and fat!

I think this is going to be great for everyone... i cant wait to start!

I think anyone who wants to put the BMI up on the list then they can. I have no problem with it as I am ready to be totally honest!

I cant wait to do the first weigh in tomorrow morning!! Gosh, I hope I remember to do it before I eat breakfast! Things are hard to remember when you have a hungry baby.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast