Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss Support ~ September-October 07

Enchanted Guest

WOW! Boy I have some catching up to do with all these posts.... Here are my stats etc.(weight isn't accurate though as I have already eaten today, so will update this post tomorrow morning)

Start Weight: 78kg
    Current Weight:78kg
    Goal Weight:60-66kg
    Height:165cm
    Quick History:I have lost all my baby weight and another 3kgs (well I think I have put 2 back on ) so I am wanting to get back to my weight from a few years ago which is around 65kg. When I left High School I piled it on and never took it off due to being lazy! I am sick of having all this excess weight on me and need to tone up and trim down!!

Well done ladies on your posts!!

Some of you have great numbers id love to have!!!

To give u a *rough* idea of me...

Before i fell preg this time i was *HUGE gulp* 119kg *BIg sighhhhhhhh* and i was 3kg off being the weight before i fell pg with Chelsea. So as u can see i have a HUGE amount to loose once this tike makes an arrival. I feel so fat compared to all of you

Aww Kim, don't be hard on yourself. I think the important thing is not to compare yourself to others. We all fight our own demons - and we can all definitely find people lighter/fitter than ourselves. We're all here to support each other!

Now I"m off to have a tune sandwich for lunch. The hard part is going to be not having chocolate afterwards.

Hi all,

Just popped back in to say thanks to dan for sending me the link to the website. it is really good.

I just choose the food and exercise and it does all the pesky adding up for me!!

Plus it's motivating me to do more 'cause when I look at it it reminds me I haven't drunk enough water or exercised enough lol

Hey Kim - Did you not see my stats? (lol)
    I was 115kg when I fell preg with DD and got up to 131KG the week before I gave birth. To make it worse, my hospital is one that insists in weighing and measuring at every visit.Not happy.
    However....Im back (pretty much) to what I was before I started, and even though its hard being so much bigger than everyone else, sometimes you need to remember it's ONLY a number. I bet to some of the others, 5 or 10kg feels huge, and it can be just as hard to lose as 30, 40 or 50kg. Try not to stress. You need to concentrate on staying happy and healthy for your gorgeous new bubby, when it arrives. Not long to go now chicky!

Hey Kim! I agree with everyone else (I am have my own big numbers! I was 122kg (and not pregnant or just given birth!) For me it a LOL moment when I saw some people’s starting weight is the same as my goal! I like to put a positive spin on the big numbers – here’s my thinking. The last 5kg are always the hardest to lose, we burn more calories cause we are bigger and the more overweight you are the quicker you generally lose weight!

Argh! I agree being weighed by other people is terrible! My father in law asked how much I weighed to calculate the fuel usage for his small aeroplane we were taking a trip in! *shame* and then my mother in law said “You could be really pretty if you lost a massive amount of weight”. He he he! I can laugh about it now but I was absolutely mortified!

Soul - just saw you're TTC number 7!!!!! Thats amazing!!!

Ruth - You've gotta love it. Not. Who do you they think are to comment? We have mirrors.
    My dad always tells me Im getting fatter, then wonders why I visit only twice a year (lol)
    Its been hard for me the past couple of years because my sister (who was ALWAYS) bigger than me, put in the big effort and lost a stack of weight. Shes lost over 50 kilos over a long period of about 5 years, and looks amazing. In fact the first time I saw her after she lost weight (she lives in Vic, Im in WA), I was 14 weeks preg, felt fat as a house, and meeting her at the airport all I could do was cry. I was proud of her and So happy for her, but also green with envy. It was like it was Ok when we were both in the same boat, but now Im the only fat one, and I really struggle with it.

One other thing too - is that I have lost & gained the same 5kg over & over so many times that it seems like much more IYKWIM.

most definitely! i feed n wee b4 i weigh bcoz wen my bbs r full they can add an extra kg!

Kim - dont be so hard on yourself!! I do think that the hardest thing is not to compare yourself to others. I find myself comparing to my sister ALL THE TIME! She had her son over 4 years ago now and did not gain any baby weight. After she gave birth, you couldnt even tell that she was pregnant!! Where as with me I put on a lot of weight as well as fluid and am now covered in stretchmarks But I am going to try so hard to get to a weight that I havent been for sooooooooooooo long!! I cant even remember when I was before 70kg, it would be a good 3 years ago.

Another thing I find depressing is looking at photos of when I was a good weight. I know I was a lot younger then (well thats what my mum keeps telling me, but it is still depressing!)

I took my dogs and Avaleigh for an hour work this morning but I ruined it by coming home and eating a bag of choc chip cookies!! ARGH! Sometimes I am so good and other times I am so bad. I think its going to be a salad wrap for lunch and then I am going to the gym with my sister so she can kill me again! LOL I went with her on Friday and I swear, I couldnt walk for 2 days! She has got a really good training plan that has helped her tone up and lose fat so here is hoping it works for me!

Dan - that website you gave looks pretty good! Still trying to figure it out but it is great how they put breastfeeding in to the whole thing.

weighed this morning, exactly at 88 kilos!

thanks linda and beaksie

Ahh sisters! So complicated! I say don't compare yourself to family becuase although we are family everyone has their own battle to fight and family doesn't neccessarily know what you are battling.

I reckon i've got the inverse problem - my sister has been unwell on and off with bipolar and she is trying (mostly unsuccessfully) to lose weight. So I'm semi worried (unconsciously?) that if I lose weight it will put her into a downward spin (she goes down when good things happen to me like getting married, graduating etc). But i'm trying to let go of it and live my own life.

Ngala - i know you know it - but someone needs to remind you - don't keep cookies in the house if there is a risk of overindulgence! If I absolutely need to buy chocolate or something morish like that (cause I can't control my eating) I keep it in the garage which is 1 flight of stair away and outside from our unit. I'm lazier than I am greedy, so i can't be bothered getting it! LOL! Enjoy your workout though! More muslce burns more calories!

I just got an upsetting email from some friends criticising me for something, so I hope that I can manage not to go home and pig out by comfort eating (even if the yummiest thing at home is bread and peanut butter - that still does major damage to my diet!).

Forgot 2 add sum of my exercise yesterday, I LOVE 2 window shop! (only coz i can't afford 2 buy anthing, DH is on an apprentice wage!) I spend a whole day walking up and down the shopping centre when I am there twice a week coz it's a waste of petrol 4 me 2 come home then go n pick DH up from the train station (20 min drive each way n the shops r next 2 the train station!) This Shopping centre is almost a km from 1 end 2 the other! as the weigh in i did last was yesterday i think i will wait till next monday 2 do it again.

HI,

don't beat yourselves up about being different. the main thing is we are all here to help each other reach our individual goals. Last time I lost weight I lost 15 kg's and it took 2 years and getting married lol to get the job done.

Everyone here sounds like they have the drive and the motivation to reach their goals.

right now, I feel really hungry, so I've decided some cheese crackers won't kill me. Nut I think I'm going to struggle as I need to snack 'cause of the breast feeding, but I don't often have any healthy snack food around.

I'm the sort of person that needs pushing too, please anyone feel free to shame me if i've been bad. I promise to confess my sins.

Hi! Girls, don't be too hard on yourselves! We all have to start somewhere! I agree with Ruth, some of the starting weights are where'd I'd eventually like to be, but even if I can get to my target weight I'll be happy. Plan small targets and it wont look so difficult!

I weighed in at the chemist today (it was like 1pm and I haven't eaten since breakfast - Jensen seems to know when it time for our food!) and I am 88.3!!! Back to pre-Jensen weight. I'm stoked! Went grocery shopping and the only really indulgent thing I bought was a weight watchers (3points)desert and weight watchers choc biccies (1point for 2!) - and bought a calorie counting book from the newsagent. My sister is using the same book (its the one reccommened on the website Nurse Dan was talking about) and she's lost a few kgs.

I'm off to go and bake some muffins and meusli slice and a quiche - bake bake bake - if Jensen'll let me!

New weight - 88.3kg
    Last edited by sconeonamission; September 17th, 2007 at 04:10 PM. Reason: New weight

invest in carrots becca! i'm getting used 2 coke0 even tho i prob should b drinking water, but hey i need caffeine n im allergic 2 coffee! i have a newborn n toddler, its hard work!

most of those with targets @ what i am 4 starting r taller than me n should b the weight i am now. my bmi is currently 26 or 27.

Aw thanks ladies!!!

I gained 18kg with Chelsea.. and 6 weeks post birth i had 3kg to go...so 15kg in 6 weeks was pretty good going... then another bub wanted to grow!! lol

Beaksie... i HAD a GP who would weigh every visit (with this bub) and everytime he would go mental cos id gain weight, he'd put me down, make me feel like a bad mum etc. So have no found a new GP and he says weight is so out dated he has no idea why some do it....so he is on my side

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast