Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #4

I've just seen mt FS for yet another scan and yay!! finally my follie has reached 19mm so I'm now waiting for LH surge then off to Hobart possibly Mon or Tuesday, fingers crossed.

Brilliant, brilliant news - I'm so happy for you Blizz!

I've got absolutely everything crossed for you!!

Blizz, Sorry darling I'm not sure on the techno side of the whole thing.. but from what Gargy said it sounds great.

Could someone please explain the follie size etc.. is the larger the follie the more eggs??? (I'm such a newbie with this stuff)..

I have soooo much to learn.. at least I've got some time to figure this all out thanks for answering my very obvious questions..

I've been trying to explain it to some of the girls at work today so let me know if I get it wrong anyone but I they measure the size of the follicles on each of my ovaries to determine the time that I will ovulate, so when the folicle gets to a certain size they know that ovulation is close so then you start testing to see when your LH surge is, when your levels are right it means that ovulation is occurring and it is then that they start to prepare your embryos for transfer I think this assures that they are putting the embryo back at the time that my body is most ready to accept it, I don't fully understand how they work everything out it has to do with the day on which my embies were frozen as to when they get put back in.
    I have probably got this totally muddled (I was never good at science or maths in school) please correct me as I probably should know exactly what they have been doing to me every month LOL!!!

Blizz,

The measurement to tell when you are going to ovulate sounds correct - by 'testing' do you mean do a blood test to check E2 (hormone) levels (I presume that's what you mean by LH)?

The rest of it I don't know about as I've never done IVF.

Someone else may be able to help...

poop, I did it again, had almost finished posting then pressed the wrong bl@@dy button
    Ok summarising
    -I have only done POAS for LH surge to this point but am having a blood test tomorrow if POAS is negative This might be what you're reffering too
    -SIL has offered to have DD for the night/day of FET
    -4hr drive to be in Hobart for 9:00
    -8 hours in car would be hell with Paige(did it the other weekend with 4 hour trips each side of the weekend was bad enough)
    -doing day trip cause trying to space out days off for any future transfers needed and for DD's needs
    -not getting hopes up this time for a long while into any future PG due to past experiences.
    -DH will be working so flying solo this time
    -gonna see if I can borrow mums car with air con as ours doesn't have any!!!
    think that was what I covered carefully posting this ............now LOL!!!!
    Last edited by blizz; February 7th, 2008 at 07:43 PM.

Stupid computers!!

I'm a little bit lost too but you sound like you're trying to organise things so I'll leave the technical questions until later.

So sorry you are going on your own - hope everything goes well!

LOL!!! I talk in circles sometimes I'm trying to explain something that I don't really understand all that well myself.
    all I really know is that FS has almost given me the thumbs up for FET and I am ready and organised to go when he tells me
    It is unfortunate about DH but he is still new in his job and hasn't built up a lot of time off yet.
    the sad thing is I'll drive all that way and will probably be in and out in less than 30mins.
    how are you travelling today? hope AF is easing a little for you.

Re talking in circles - that's cool! Sounds like your really excited too!

I went back to work today. I got a little lost with the first person that asked me why I'd had the day off - I couldn't articulate what had happened. The person told me I didn't have to say but I didn't think that was fair. In the end I said 'I had a treatment in the holidays and it failed on Tuesday.'

Another person who I am closer to said 'Are you feeling better. Was it a headache? I had a headache for two days...still have actually.' I waited until she finished as I knew she wasn't listening and then told her the treatment story.

She said 'I'm so sorry' and gave me a hug. I almost burst into tears again. Then I escaped for a while as there were too many people in the staffroom looking at me. (God I wish sometimes you had a place to be private at a school!)

Just feeling tired and a little low.

Part of me wants to be 'business as usual', part wants to move on and part is still tired and grieving.

Reading through the anxiety about the robbers and thinking 'what was that'? Not worried in the slightest about it now. Maybe misdirection for what I was truly worried about? Who knows!!

Sorry - rambling a bit. To answer - getting better...

OMG the things you just described are so similar to what I've felt and gone through with my failed transfers, the work place situation (I agree about the staff room I've started going home for lunch as I only live 5mins from work)The first day back is always the hardest, the tiredness and low feeling I can totally relate to as well it is as if your left feeling physically and emotionally numb
    Be kind to yourself and allow yourself some time, I've kind of got past it myself and as much as I tell myself I don't care I still always fall in a heap when AF returns so for me the only thing I can do is to ring the clinic on the first day of AF and say "Hi it's Alison and I am on day 1 of my cycle!!!"feels like a merry go round sometimes but it's what works for me.
    rambling is good, I'll listen to yours if you'll listen to mine....deal?

New thread HERE

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910