Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #4

Actually someone sent me a link to the listeria thread - but any other info on how to get through would be good...

i've just taken my head out of the sand long enough to catch up with you girls. Gargy, positive thoughts your way, and I can't help you with the questions. yes we did have some really lovely black looking clouds and last night we had thunder and lighting which down here, just seems to roll in and roll out just as quickly.

I think you can have a little caffiene during pregnancy.

Blizz, You'd be more than welcome to come here, we could entertain you in our new bathroom (believe me it is the nicest room in the house!). Kitchen next, then relining two rooms, the back sunroom and new carpets, and then the 50 year old house will look like a 50 year old house with plastic surgery!

Gargy, website that maybe of interest (and has a great table on what to eat ) http://www.foodauthority.nsw.gov.au/.../pregnancy.asp

Like the image of the 50 year old house with the plastic surgery LOL!!

I read the conversation between you and Blizz (I was also doing the 'head in sand' option) - have you made a decision you are happy with?

I know when I've got something REALLY big happening I have a tendency to retreat (and generally clean things! - although didn't happen on the weekend - just lay around like a sloth instead - that's option 2).

How are you going Blizz?

Hi everyone else!

Gargy, I did many of the same things in my pg I have a book that I used as my bible during pg it answers most of your questions my SIL has it at the moment but now her little 9lbs80z bundle has arrived I'll get it back of her and pm you the details (got it in Angus and Robertson.)
    I know it's not good to eat certain foods but I'm sure a little slip ossaisionally won't hurt, I did manage to give up deli meats and soft cheeses but I had a cheese craving at one point and found out the hard way why it's not good to eat to much cheddar!!! I also craved red wine but the funny thing was that I let myself have a small sip only to find out that it tasted repulsive to me now.
    I didn't have too much trouble avoiding food as I had just enough morning sickness to limit my interest in food quite a lot. I don't see that taking lunch to work would be bad if as you say it is in a cooler bag.
    I certainly took meals to work during my pg, check out a pregnancy thread and ask your question I'm sure the girls there will have some answers for you or maybe even Allan?

hey that sloth option(number 2) well that has been my number 1 option lately LOL, my house looks like a bomb has hit it well actually a mini tornado a-la cyclone Paige. Have given up entirely think I need house help!!!! it's tricky doing a full time job day and night. I keep spending my me time (when dd is asleep) here posting or getting ready for work for the next day.
    what an exciting life I lead.

Gargy, if you want to come around and clean my house, you'd be more than welcome to - it is a little like Blizz's by the sounds of things.

blizz is the book "What to expect when you are expecting" ? My GF read this book and she was able to recognize the signs and symptoms of pre-eclampsia, which ended up saving her life and that of her bub (she lives a distance from the hospital).

I think i have come to terms with the decision of the SD. For DH it has been an assault on his "man-hood" and he has become detached (and I know from previous experiences that he is really hurting inside). I've rallied his family around him to give him loads of love and support and he'll make it through.

Gargy, I don't think you are alone with retreating, just as long as you come out and talk your concerns over with others - no point in keeping them bottled up

Gargy - wishing you only the best for today - hope you get that BFP - i have everything crossed for you and

for a good result Gargy. coming your way
    Last edited by alioops; February 1st, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

Everything crossed for you Gargy

Good luck Gargy....

Sorry everyone to get your hopes up - it was only the test to see if I ovulated - which I did (progesterone level of 51). I ovulated the last two times as well, so this is the scary week for me.

Actually I've noticed that the nurses are telling me all the technical information now, ever since I started asking what my levels were - I was actually talking about the levels of puregon, but they were telling me E2 levels.

One nurse started asking about cervical mucus, which I have no idea about...although I've seen people talking about it here....(Note to self - must find out about this).

Also, I was reading up on chemical pregnancies. If I had ovulated, but didn't quite make it to the pregnancy test, does that mean I may have been pregnant for a few days? The only reason I ask is that one of the nurses asked if I had been pregnant before and I said no. Then again I didn't do a home pregnancy test so I don't really know...

Blizz,

My BFS (who's had two children) said the same thing about the food when I saw her today.

LOL about the cheese - that's why my dad crudely calls it blockhole!

Given that you work such incredible hours, and that DD is the number one priority, I wouldn't be worrying too much about a clean house! I only do it when I'm obsessing about something else - although you should see my study, it's a complete mess (hoping to do something about it on the weekend...) I just find it's easier to be actively doing something.

I'd love to have the name of the book too...

Tarkine,

I'll have a look out for that book too.

Understand completely about DH going into a shell and not talking about it because he is deeply hurting. My DH was the same and it took a lot of talking and dragging him to two counsellors before he would admit he had issues with the diagnosis. He's wonderful now, but it took a while for him to sort it out in his head.

(Actually, as an aside, he saw a little girl the other day and started talking about how our baby will have curly hair from his side...then he remembered. At least he could shrug it off and laugh about it. He wouldn't have even discussed the possibility five years ago).

As to bottling it up - I'm finding it weird not talking about it at work. I think that why I went on the diet spin. Anyway, time enough if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gargy View Post

(Actually, as an aside, he saw a little girl the other day and started talking about how our baby will have curly hair from his side...then he remembered. At least he could shrug it off and laugh about it. He wouldn't have even discussed the possibility five years ago
    We do the same thing all the time LOL thought it was just me!!!!, DH has also learnt to laugh about it.
    I was thinking today while at work that (i don't know if this is over stepping the mark, but....) maybe I could ask DH how he would feel about either posting or maybe even talking to your DH's so they can talk to some one else who has been in the same position? He may not feel comfortable with this idea or it may be to soon for your DH's, but if you think they might be interested let me know and I will broach the subject with him...just a thought... it might let them talk things out from a male perspective.

I'm planning to house clean this weekend!!!! Paige WILL be watching a lot of new macdonalds farm and playschool!!!!!
    I've been really slack I've decided that this is me night I'm going to sit here and post and read posts and eat the whole pizza I've just ordered by myself(not), might even grab a glass of red, Paige is in bed and asleep not unusual for a friday night, there is nothing on telly.
    I'm tired and sick of my week, I think I'm going to plant myself at home and if people want me they know where I am!!!!
    My neighbour just told me that when we went away last weekend Sheppy cried all night and all day (we were away for two nights and three full days) she said "it wasn't a problem" but in my experience when you have to mention it it obviously was a problem, I apologised and I guess now we won't be able to leave him at home alone, I always thought he was happier doing this as he tends to have a manic depressive melt down (and I'm not exaggerating) if we leave him with any one, guess you can't win.
    I'll call my SIL tomorrow about the book.

See how this next week goes Blizz. At the moment DH has buried himself in his football club's website (don't understand, never will, particularly as it's the OFF season) - maybe he will need support next week if things go pearshaped...

Know what you mean about the quiet night and absolutely nothing on TV! I'm thinking very seriously of heading to bed early as I am SO tired - I'd forgotten how much energy it takes to get up in front of a class. Also the blood test was one of the first ones and I didn't really sleep well last night. We had a major storm and the dog's kennel got trashed so he slept in with us, wriggle bum that he is!! Then DH started snoring - I've told him he needs to talk to the GP again about his sinuses.

TBH the emotional explosion that happened last Friday night is still scaring me a little. I keep thinking that they are going to break into our house and rob us as retribution. I know logically that those that emotionally and physically abusive people aren't necessarily robbers, but DH told me that one of the men there had been involved in these crimes. So I'm a little freaked.

Then again if they were going to do it they would have done it by now. Also our house is fairly secure - there are security grills on the section of the windows that move. There is a deadlock on the front door. The back door has a security grill on it. They would have to smash the other part of the window to get in. But I'm scared they will do so (I've had someone try to break into another house while I was asleep, so things like this really play on my mind). We also have the dog and our next door neighbour is home with a small baby, so that helps.

What type of dog do you have? Is it a Beagle? The only reason I ask is that our neighbours have a beagle, and we can tell when they are not at home over the weekend because he sits and mournfully howls at the back door, unfortunately all night, but it does blend into the background eventually!

no honey! we have a long haired border collie (but don't you dare tell him that he is a dog!!!!), unfortunately or fortunately depending how you look at it, Sheppy was our substitute baby since he was 5 weeks old (even worse when we were going through the intial diagnosis and IVF stuff) there's a picture of him with Paige in my gallery, I wanted a beagle when we were looking for a dog but disregarded the breed for that reason LOL now Sheppy has become a little stress head and a total mummy's boy (he's converted now that DH is working shift work)
    Oh well he'll survive I guess, as long as he doesn't pee of the neighbours.
    I know what you mean about the energy required to stand in front of a class, I didn't have the energy or interest in working today so I chilled with my charges and we watched a couple of dvds on the TV that I set up in the outdoor area (the children kept saying "TV....Outside????" I think it threw them a bit)
    I've got the stresses going on at the moment I always do when I start a new FET it comes from trying to arrange all of my appointments to suit work and I always still end up feeling guilty, think I should be right for next Monday the only appointment I could get was at 3:10pm not the easiest time to manage when you are finishing at 6pm hoping the big boss will be ok she's the one who is usually ok but every so often throws a curly one just to knock you off your feet, she's been on holidays for 3 weeks and gets back on Monday I just have to keep telling myself "stuff her, they don't pay me enough to stress" it doesn't seem to work that well though.

Scrappy is the same, particularly for my husband. We have had him for 13 years - he came into our lives the December after we were married. He is smaller than your baby though - a little chihuahua cross terrier. So, mournful eyes with over anxious disposition (actually he looks a lot like the avatar, particularly the eyes when the cat is having a nutso attack). Scottie (our cat) is more my animal, although I would happily disown him at times when he is trying to hunt your feet. The bird is a nice companion to us both.

Waiting around for the FET could also be causing the lack of interest in housework - I wouldn't stress yourself about it really...

Oh - to explain the explosion - did you read my blog about meeting the neighbours?

I also just thought there are all these other people around so somebody will be here to help if needed...

how scary for you honey, I think I would react in a similar way to how you did though and I understand that security feeling, I'm not usually too bad but I have an over active imagination (not helped by a dog who feels it is his duty to bark 5 times as much as usual when dad's away because daddy told him he was in charge until he gets home)I've been known to creep around the house at night and check all the doors and windows just to reassure myself (I also have a really silly habit of watching shows like medium and ghost whisperer while DH is at work and scaring myself silly with things that go bump in the night just before bed time)
    I hope you have some good neighbours as well.
    the man across the street once told DH not to worry about me when he's working away because he keeps a shotgun under his bed and will come running at the slightest sign of trouble, and I really can't imagine why this wasn't all that reassuring to me!!!!!!.
    I know he meant well.
    For the most part our neighbours are OK and our house is situated in a position that unless they come through the front door it would be hard for anyone to sneak in this still doesn't stop me imagining the worst all the time LOL I'm such a sook.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast