You don't have to decide now. If you plan on TTC in 6-12 months, then let each day pass without the burden of worrying, and see how you feel in 6-12 months. I couldn't possibly imagine having bubbas close together again, when a gap has been so awesome for us. My DD will be 11 this year in April, my DS is 8. Having to chase them around while I chase DD2 around, oh my goodness. I am tired thinking about it! I am really enjoying being able to focus on bub when needed and the kids understand, or help. Just wait and see, what feels right will be right. I think a big deciding factor for me would be, 'What support do I have right now?' Because I had such little support with my first two, and an ex hubby who was barely around due to work, I couldn't consider another. But if you have hands that can help its more of a yes than a no.