Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: recipies for cooking placenta *click if you dare*

paradise lost Guest

Did you try a chunk for the PP bleeding hun? Just interested.... Well done on your cutie girl, she's SO sweet! I'm looking at your ticker, i can't BELIEVE Tehya is 2 and a half already!

I'd come for dinner but i'm 9000 miles away....

Bx

PMSL, nah I didn't try any. Maybe I should have. TBH I didn't even think about it.

HMM something is up with my ticker. Tehya is 2 and 8 months. Closer to 3 now She's getting old, and very cheeky.

Anytime your over here hun your very welcome to come for dinner.

Ellibam Guest

haha trish!
    i always offer people some"icecream" but everyone says no thanks!

I have a 6 y.o. placenta and a nearly 2 y.o. placenta in my freezer we will do a burial one day.

Maybe we could have a smorgasbord trish

paradise lost Guest

6 y. o. Cai!? I think i'll give your smorgasborg a miss. Pukeatronic!

Hey, on my fridge door (inside) it has pictures of things in catergories to tell me how long i can keep them in there for. Liver is 3 months. Strangely enough they don't have a placenta picture...?

Bx

OOOh Cai that will be awesome burying them stogether under a perfect Tree in your own yard!!! WTG!!!

Lot's of incense!!!!

I just copied this from a Balinese Hindu religion site...

It's not about eating the placenta but about burying it & how important it is!

Males have four brothers; females have four sisters. They are conceived and born at the same time. At birth they take up positions inside the baby's body.

They are the amniotic fluid, the uterine blood, the vernix caseosa (the yellowish waxy substance covering a baby) and the placenta. Immediately after birth the baby's placenta and umbilical cord are placed in a coconut and buried outside the door of the baby's home: as you stand at the door looking out, they are buried on the right for a boy and on the left for a girl, a large black rock placed on top and a thorny pandanus bush placed on top for protection. If the family moves house, the remains are dug up and reburied at the new house.

The four children stay with the child throughout his or her life, protect the child and adult, and accompany the spirit to heaven and testify to his or her good karma. But this is conditional on the Kanda Empat being treated with respect.

When the mother feeds the baby, a few drops of milk should be spilt on the placenta for the four children. The same ceremonies for a person should be carried out for the four children. If not, great harm can result. The Kanda Empat can do good or evil, so they need to be considered and treated well. The theory is that they represent man's potential.

That is beautiful Tracey.

2gorgeous Guest

Default I did...

For whoever is interested, my twins' placentas were dried and ground and I had 1 teaspoon twice per day, mixed with my other powdered herbs. There was quite a bit to get through but I firmly believe that my recovery (from very long, twin prenancy with significant haemorrhage during emergency cs) was vastly aided by doing so. The taste was "meaty" and at first it was best to not overthink it. Eventually, like all new tastes, I got used to it. But I felt very strongly that it was the right thing to do for my body and breastmilk supply.

I've kept some in reserve for homeopathic uses later, if required.

If anyone is thinking of taking home their placenta's, be clear about this with the hospital staff. There was definite reticence to hand ours over and initially we were told that we couldn't have it.

The preparation was quite involved so it's important to get good advice as to how to do this as you don't want to ruin it!

I've not told family and friends as it's very private and hard for people to understand. It's great that this forum has these types of discussions - valuable tools for us all.

WOW that was such an interesting read! I have heard of eating the placenta but never thought it was this common to actually keep it. I never got to see mine I wish I did though, I can imagine that some hospitals are a bit reluctant to hand the placenta over

I am thinking about doing the capsules. I have to do something with it, and I have a black thumb so no plants that I have planted have survived for long I can take capsules without tasting them and I can tell people they are iron tablets.

I have a 5 year old placenta and a 2.5 year old placenta in my freezer. We live in a rental house and my DH has always resisted burying them here because we know we will ultimately buy our own home and would like to plant them in our own garden. My DS was born in our home, so I often think that we should bury his placenta here.

My 3rd baby is due any day, and I definately see the nutritional benefits of consuming the placenta in some way. I think i would prefer to dry it and consume it that way. I have been a vegan for 13 years, so I don't know if I could stomach placenta cooked up in a lasagne or the like.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234