Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - March 2008

Kass - Thanks As for Uni - I have absolutely NO idea! My problem is that i'm interested in learning, but i don't know what i actually want to 'do'. I loved English at high school, & i love psychology & phys ed theory & biology. But i don't know what i want to 'do' with it. The one thing i did really want to do was artist/band & event management. But it's become an impractical choice now that i have a baby. So we'll see what happens when the time comes...

Thanks Jo - I'm sort of testing them out at the moment, i don't think they're interfering with his suck - but he sucks on Anthony's fingers a lot when we bath him and THAT makes him chomp - so i thought we'd try a dummy (we have about eight laying around*). I have one that's "orthodontic" which he does sort of take but it's so easy for him to get rid of, so i've been just letting him have the one with the fat ball end on it. Or whatever they're called.

* Ok so i shouldn't complain, but why do people give gifts of bottles & dummies, as if the parents of the child haven't thought of possible necessities like that??! It frustrated me to no end. For the $5 the spent on a dummy they could have got something like a baby wash instead - practical always going to get used sort of thing!!!

Good afternoon... gee you girls can talk!! thank gawd for a new thread!! hehe....

I had a great day at the zoo... Nigel and his parents went with brendan and I. We got some cool pics Brendan wasn't at all interested in the animals....too young, but it was a great day 2 get out of the house!

Nigel and I are doing better He is helping me out more... especially with money!

Glad you had a good day Sally! & great to hear you and Nigel are doing better

I am becoming one-handed typist extraordinaire!
    Off to take Alex for a bath. Should be interesting as haven't done one on my own yet...

Sally - good to hear things are going well with you & nigel.

I went shopping on the way home from work today & bought the first baby clothes. I got 2 jumpsuits, 2 singlets & some leggings & put heaps of stuff on laybuy. Stupid sales!

No way Sal - sales rock!!! Haha. Sounds like you had a good day!

We bought nearly EVERYTHING furniture wise from the Target Xmas Layby up to 40% off sale. And that's when i was only i think 9wks pregnant... And then all the clothes from 25% off sales... it's the good thing about kids, you can buy their clothes in advance at all the sales...

Wish i could do that - when i need clothes i need them now!!

woo hoo sally Nigal and Sally sitting in a tree and now he is helping with moneyeee! Hahahaha my dorkiness amazes me at times

Sal- it's so exciting buying all the lil bubby things but the weiredest thing is when ur in labour, and u'v packed ur bubby clothes that she'll wear once born and the mid-wife says "Now where r the clothes ur bubby will b wearing?" Then its like WOW the clothes i brought arn't just going 2 b sitting in a cubboard 4eva they're going 2 b on the lil person growing inside me! R u going 2 find out what ur having???????!!!!
    All u mummy's can i get an AMEN!
    hahaha im in a strange mood!

Ash - we dont have to get much in the way of furniture, a lot of it we are being given, my niece is 17mths old so we will get a lot of her stuff. My mums buying the pram & Brendans mum is buying the car seat. We just need to get the bassinet & a few clothes, and a few little bits and pieces.

Kass- Yes we will definately find out, I wanna know if I can buy little boy clothes or little girl clothes! My U/S is all booked for the 17th so I cant wait!

lol... kass... you crack me up!!

i gotta go hang washing

Mr B sleeping and i'm spending the night at home tonight... lol.

Hey all,
    OMG so much has happened, i feel like ive been hidding under a rock, two babies now in the world YAY!!!
    Hope everyones been well, ive tried to read back through the posts, but so much to take in!! Im on day 26 of cycle now going to see my ob/gyn this week so

just want to say KASS......Being a mum is so incedably rewarding!!!!! I was so upset to hear you mum said that I truly belive that some women are born mothers despite age!!!! My inlaws have a similar tune to your mum, im lucky my mum is itching for me to have more!!!! Hugs, cuddles and support for you!!!

Krissy

Hi Krissy good to see you again!!

I had no idea who anyone was talking about when they said Krissy... I swear i never saw your name on your sig before!!! LOL! Silly me

I'm still trying to get monkey to sleep

Ash- no worries only to happy to help if i can. The fat ball dummies are the cherry type. Sophie has the Avent orthodontic type also and she gets rid of it easy too SIL gave me a newborn cherry type to try as it fills their mouth up more and might make it harder for them to get rid of. I agree you'd think people would buy practical gifts luckily we didnt get any dummies etc Sophie got a little trinket box, a bluebird bracelet, a birth coin, photo frame, a little teddy, a utensil set, bowl & plate from taronga zoo and a egg that looks like a cradle that Chris mum makes for all the grandkids. This might sound strange but my older sisters bf's grandparents buy stuff for Sophie (they dont have any grandkids of their own its kind of cute) they bought her a nice pink overalls suit & 2 skivvies that she'll fit into come winter. MIL showed me how to bath Sophie the day we got home and apart from her & Chris watching me bath her i've been doing it on my own the whole time, shes too wrigglely to be held in the water now but i have a cloth bath seat that i put her in and at first she hated the bath but now she loves it.

Sally- you should know we can talk haha. Glad you had a good day at the zoo even if Brendan wasnt interested in the animals. That's great that you & Nigel are doing better and that hes helping more. I had to fold my washing this morning before the cleaners came geez i do alot of washing and most of it needs an iron YAY something else for me to do. I hope Mr B went to sleep for you & you both got some rest.

Sal- oh wow buying baby clothes its all so exciting isnt it and once you find out the sex you'll be shopping even more haha i know i wanted to. Sales arent stupid they save you money so you can buy more things haha :P We bought our furniture off ebay & picked it up from the seller so saved money on the furniture and saved on delivery too. BRING ON the 17th!!!!.

Kass- PMSL at your little jingle. Reading the beginning of your post i was going to ask once id finished if you'd had anything to drink etc you sound like you were in a very happy/strange mood last night.

Krissy- i too had a mummy brain moment and forgot about you but it wont happen again i cant remember if your name was in your signature or not last time either.

Goodmorning all

What a horrid night I had. Mr monkey kept waking every few hrs or so and screaming! I feel like I have a newborn in my home I think I might take him to the drs... he doesn't seem to be weeing as much so maybe he has a problem and is in pain. See how he goes

Whats everyone up to today??

I'm going into town a little later, shopping ect.

Jo- Im always a lil crazey, just ask Sally hahaha But i get in a strange annoying mood when im tired!

Sally- Let me know how beautiful brendan goes, poor lil man he's so stronge!

Well 2day i had a staff meeting at 8:00am so u can imagine the mess Bella was in by the end of it! Another lady there has a bub the same age as annabelle and her name is Ayla. Now Ayla was VERY well behaved and made Bella look like those snotty lil children as she has a cold and was so tired by the end of it so was crying, poor lil thing way the f*#@ dont they have the meeting at 5:30pm after the shop closes!!! I was so embarressed
    But then when i got in the car and Bella was saying mum mum mum like she does x100 when she's tired. I thought who cares she's a bub whos sick and tired and doesn't want 2 sit in a room 4 an hr, when she's usually in bed!!!

o and i 4got 2 add i spoke 2 clint last night and we discssed TTC #2 in feb next yr!! He said so far yes but we'll talk about it again in feb 09 and see where we're at!
    I said "Well my body is already STREATCHED, so any time b4 i work on a models body would b good! hahahahahahahaha................hahahahahahaha
    Last edited by {sarah}; March 7th, 2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Merging

Kass, Sounds good i would like to start TTC around May this year... but things are not totally right between Nigel and I... we have to find a house which we are moving in with our brothers. It took us over a year to conceive Brendan.

it prob a good idea 2 get things right b4 trying but in saying that clint and i could blow up at any time, u never know whats around the corner! Getting a house is a good start do the brothers and Nigel get along well enough 2 live 2gether?

U'll b the only woman in the house! hahahaha I was like that when clint and i 1st moved out with 2 other guys only they were gay so it evened out!

Jo - I find he takes the ortho one fine, but spitting it's too easy, and yet the cherry one is hard to get him to take because he has to open his mouth so wide, but at leats he doesnt spit it as often, lol.

I ended up bathing alex in the basin in the bathroom - easier than trying to maneuver (sp?) his big change table bath - it was so cute he fit right in perfectly, i want a photo now, at this rate he won't fit in it much longer!

Sally - sorry to hear you had a rough time of it last night. Good luck at the dr's hopefully all is okay.

Kass - you shouldn't worry if bella was a snotty-grotty-sulky-smelly bub - they are babies, and people should understand!!!

Yeah i should get off my soap box. lol

yay i finally found this new thread..i was looking for it but couldnt find it!!

Well i have had a semi eventful morning but i am still shaking as me & DF decided we arent ready for kidlets just yet but then this morning i took a test & there is a faint line there...i dont know how i feel & whether it could be an evap line but i have never got an evap line ever & i have checked them a couple of hours later

Well im off to my uni placement so i will talk to you later! have a good day

BYE

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast