Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat - March 2008

Default Younger Couples Chat - March 2008

Hello and welcome to the Younger Couples Chat thread. Please feel free to come in & chat about any issues surrounding being a younger couple TTC or parenting.

Your Moderators are:

Lea - [email protected]
    Chloe - [email protected] Senior Moderator
    Sarah_H - [email protected] Administrator

Continuing on from here

jo i cant believe how fast a month goes!

Hey everyone -
    Sorry i don't have a lot of time for personals, im a bit dead today.

Jo - I second what Ali said - think of the foremilk as 'skinny milk' that we drink - That's why it's watery.
    It just means maybe you take a bit longer to let down, but that'll always adjust with Sophie's comfort. Slowly learning, trust YOUR instincts - you're made to be a mummy too, & our parents parented a long time ago.
    If you want to get her back on to your bb's just feed her what you can and top up (with formula). Then half an hour after a bb feed express from each side (twice if you can) - I just finished reading the 'guide to bfing' book i got when leaving hospy and that's how they recommend to increase supply or bring them back onto bb.
    Maz recommended Akta-vite - but it's a chocolate drink, but dr's say about it upsetting bubs (apparently too much, like caffeine can reduce supply too?)- personally i *craved* chocolate after alex was born and i don't think the amount i had (way too much, lol) upset him at all - and Barb Glare said that it should be fine.
    If you can't get her bf'ing again naturally you could always ask your GP &/or MCHN about Motilium or Maxolon to up your supply. Motilium is for supply specifically i think, Maxolon is an anti-nausea med which apparently can bring it back thick & fast.

In hindsight that's probably why i was leaking so early because i was taking Maxolon for M/S.

Hope i don't sound like a twit considering i've only been breastfeeding for nine days... :S

Kass - Wondered where you got to! Thanks for the advice hun I never though bf would feel so natural either... i am utterly amazed!

I had my first visit from the MCHN today - i asked her all the questions i had about BFing & sleeping & the conflicting advice i'd had - she said he's doing fine!

So fine in fact, that the little PORKER has put on 200gms in 4 DAYS!!!

So my boobies must be doing okay LOL.

Be Back later for more.
    Last edited by The[cookie]Doctor; March 3rd, 2008 at 01:39 PM. Reason: eta

Well done ash, Alex mummy has full cream milk! U lil chubba

Well doen Ash! u got gooooodddd booby juice

Ali how r u going with ur PND?
    Im starting 2 think about weather i should wait a long gap between TTC #2 or try when Bella starts walking?
    Everyone talk 2 me about as if Bella was such a mistake because im young and think that i wouldn't dream of trying 4 another 4 a long time.
    When i joke 2 mum about it she says 2 me "U better not, dont u want a life?"
    I dont know im in 2 minds about it? Thought id ask u as u have had 2 at a young age.
    Also can u tell me who Jade is?

Jade is jadethebabymaker. she hasn't posted in here 4 a while coz she couldn't keep up

I am doing ok. I am going to get the implanon out and see if that makes a difference and hopefully it means AF will go away for more than 1 week at a time.

Personnally I would wait till Bella is walking because I had so much trouble with my pelvis and couldn't pick Sarah up without agonising pain so we will try for #3 when Em should be getting close to walking and Sarah can be trusted to walk next to the pram.

Also Krissy im sorry i din't wb when u asked 2 hear my story but i got side tracked is it u who even asked me??? Sorry mummy brain!

oh i know who jade is!!! Sorry Jade!!! Ur not 4gettable honey my mind is just not preasent at the moment!

Congratulations!!!

Haha thanks girls!

Kass - with all due respect, don't listen to your mum. Regardless of whether Bella was an accident or not, you're doing a great job as a mum and she is making your life good/happy/whatever - the point is you feel accomplished. If you want another baby now, or in fifteen months or in five years, that is YOUR decision. Only YOU know what you and your body are capable of.
    Your mum may not support your decision to have another child so quickly, but that is partly because our mummy's will always worry. "Don't you want a life?" is not a way to make that decision - for some of us, being a mum is what we want to do more than anything else.
    Heck, i know i *want* to go back to uni at *some* stage. But until i know what i want to do, i'm quite content to keep making babies. I've been clucky since i was eight years old, i doubt it's going to stop now that i have a lil munchkin of my own, iykwim.

God i ramble too much.

Thanks Ash and u dont ramble at all, that was a great help!
    Many have a career and r looked up 2 4 doing so but i have never heard of someone looking up 2 a mother?
    Im bloody good at what i do and very happy 2 do it 4 good The prob is ppl look at it as coz im not making money from it, im lazy or dont want 2 work or become anything. What they dont understand is that i'v become something more great then any certificate can prove or any amount of money can bring. I cant wait 4 the next person 2 ask, "so r u going 2 go back 2 full time work?"
    Ill turn around and say, "Dont i already have a full time job?" Darn it i always think of really good comebacks wayyyyy 2 late hahaha
    I really hope jade didn't take offence

the earliest she will b home is 2morrow. and i doubt she would be offended

Do u know how her birth was?
    And most important the bubba's name, weight etc???

Kass, here's the link for it.

Jade's Birth Announcement

I've been bathing & feeding Sophie and decided to pull my finger out and clean up the kitchen and decided to have a shower and massage my BB's sorry TMI, now i'm relaxing before i have to start preparing dinner. Sophie 6 weeks this thursday woohoo.

Ali/Ash- thanks for the advice on BF its much appreciated, but i think i'll stick to FF as when i was BF Sophie was just mucking around with attaching and we were both just getting frustrated & stressed, maybe next time i'll be able to BF longer but i'm happy with my decision. I bought the akta-vite but it wasnt very nice and looked like mouse poo. Ash i dont mind you throwing in your 2 cents everyone has an experience and if it can help someone else even better, you've got REAL good BB Juice haha.

Kass- My nipples was part of the reason i stopped BF. In my opinion when you (& Clint of course cant forget him) want to TTC #2 thats totally YOUR decision dont listen to your mum its YOUR life not hers no offence but shes had her kids when she wanted to now its your turn. Your turn to have a mummy brain moment Nice one on BF for 9months

Jess- Sophies more settled being FF now, so as i've said i'm happy to FF and not BF anymore. I will just check with my dr on Friday that what i'm doing is ok (stopping cold turkey).

Ok i think ive caught up.

I know what you mean Kass, some people don't see the 'job satisfaction' in being a mum - with all the pooping, crying, feeding messes that babies are. Some of us on the other hand, find being a mum just as rewarding as a 'proper' career - & anyone who thinks they can give you their two cents worth on your financial situation should butt out! When it comes to work & money that's up to you & Clint & noone else - it's good that they worry but to undermine your decisions by putting an 'i told you so' in your face is never going to help, iykwim.

Jo - good luck with the FF, i'm sure it'll be good to have your boobies back to yourself (& Chris, )! From what i have read, you should be right to stop the BFing as you have, so long as you don't have a blocked duct or the beginnings of mastitis (i think anyway) because stopping at this time is BAD for your bb's! But yeah check with your GP, im sure you'll be fine...!

Jo & Jess - Do either of you use a dummy yet? / Are you going to? / How did Sophie & Jaylen take to it & how old were they at first? Sorry, just curious!

;ash ur very good with words! What r u planning on doing at uni?

Jade i cant wait 2 c photo's!

Ash-HAHA have my bb's back to myself and Chris, i dont think i've got a blocked duct or mastitis (my bb's arent red). Sophie's had a dummy since she was in hospital in saying that she doesnt have it all the time only when im trying to settle her and sucking the dummy does the trick and she usually spits it out when shes had enough of it, Sophie took to it straight away gave her something more to suck on after having BB/bottle.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast