Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ December 2007 #2

Meg- Sorry to hear that you've been treated so badly by a so called friend . I had a friend like that this was before i fell pregnant, except she didnt expect me to drive her around she just expected me to go to her ALL the time so i just gave up talking to her as there wasnt a point continuing the friendship as she was trying to make me feel bad for being pregnant saying hurtful and mean things that just werent warranted.

Becky- Yes getting VERY close, 4 weeks today. I've had some BH although i'm not exactly sure what they are suppose to feel like. Glad that Chelsea is doing well.

Jess_84- Welcome to the thread, great to have you here.

Welcome to all new people.
    Wow Joanne only 4 weeks to go how exciting
    My waters broke at 38 weeks with Maddi i was so glad i didn't have to wait the full 40+ weeks to meet her.

lilyangel- would have loved to go into labour @ 38 weeks didnt have my DS till i was 44 weeks.... i had 4 EDD changes and 44 weeks was by the latest date they gave me... if i had gone by the 12 week scan date he would have been past 46 weeks.... he was grey and peeling and had pooped inside.. All because the hospital wouldnt believe my GP and i of the dates... but all worked out then so just hoping that this time round i dont go that far post date...

becky Guest

Hey Jess, Congrats! Not long ot go now!! Wow, I cant believe they let you go to 44 weeks! Dont think they do anymore! So you have your fingrs crossed for a girl? I have a DS who is 2 and a 10 week old girl. Geez, I had my fingers crossed very tightly second time around for my little princess. LOL. As long as they are healthy though hey?

What state are you in?

Yeah thats what i figure, healthy bubs is the most anyone can hope for... saying that a girl would be such a delite.... First US they said "if i had to guess i'd say girl" this time they could only give me an 80% chance of girl which is still great....

I'm in NSW, south west sydney....

The hospital wouldnt induce me untill my GP rang them and basically put pressure on them... i was booked in on the wednesday for induction and was so nervous i think thats what caused me to go into natural labour on tuesday night,.... they wanted to send me home 1/2 hour after getting there as i wasnt dilated enough (even though my contractions were less then a minute apart) i refused to leave saying that i was booked in for induction the following morning... It wasnt until after i had bubs (1 hour after that) that they checked the placenta and agreed bubs was very overdue

wow Jess, I coulda done with your 4 extra weeks!! Your DS didn't want to come out and mine was in a rush!! hehe

Wow 44 weeks, what a poor system they have.
    My friend had her little girl 3 weeks ago & went she went to get discharged from the hospital she found out they hadn't admitted her at all, They also didn't teach her to B/F, change nappies etc...

Welcome Jess! gawd thats just discusting the way they treated you... talk about minimal care...

Meg - I wonder if your 'friend' isn't jealous of your pregnancy and is covering it up by just wanting to go out and party and is trying to make you jealous of her partying by dragging you along and using your car etc.. Bit of a theory really but you never know..

Had my first appointment at the new hospital today. The doctor seemed very nice. He was still being all doctor like about my VBAC and wanted to do it on his terms but he had a completely different attitude about it all then the last doctor. He was at least all "yeah we can do it" instead of "I highly advise against it you're putting you baby in terrible danger blah blah blah, etc"
    So its still not quite what i was hoping for but i'm never really gonna get that in a hospital anyway, I definately like it much better here then at the other hospital. Much much better attitudes.

OMG! they didn't teach her or help her BF?? How are women going to suceed BF if the hospitals aren't going to help?! When I was having trouble BF I kept going to the dr and the health nurse and they just kept saying keep trying..... I AM TRYING BUT I AM NOW AT MY WITS END THATS WHY I'M HERE!!! GRRR Health professionals!

Jade, glad the hospital visit went well!! I really do hope you get your VBAC!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heya all!
    Jade, firstly its good the doc is supportive of giving you a VBAC, under his terms or not, gives you some hope of actually attempting it . Both my 'friend' and her GF and told me about their 'plans' to steal my baby, and my 'friend' is very clukky. She walks around saying its 'her' baby. I know, probably all in the fun, but i seriously think she would be the type to do that, she tried to keep her sisters daughter at her house as long as she could, literally threatened suicide when her sister moved out of home because she wanted 'her little girl to stay with her and not be taken away'.
    She actually msgd my DP saying "You arent even sure its your baby." today, like WTF?? Thats low and too personal! I totally broke our word to eachother and called her on that one, as IF she is going to get away with trying to put it in his head its not his. FFS we were TRYING to have this baby, why the hell would it be any one elses!! She knows its 100% his.

Heyyy Sally, how far away is Clackline from Perth??

Jade glad the appointment went well, Hope you get your VBA2C

Brendansmum-i would have been glad to offer the extra weeks to anyone.. hehe The worst part was i was originally told i was due in begining to Mid october and didnt have DS til mid November... Also i know what its like not to have help with B/feeding... I'm sure that if i wasnt so pushy myself about it that i would have left with DS on the bottle... It wasnt until bubs hadnt had any feed for more then 15hours and they wanted to put him into fetal care that a lovely night midwife sat with me most of the night just to get him to latch on... In the end he had a massive mucus spew and latched on within 5 mins...

1 midwife out of more then a dozen was willing to give me hands on help andgot me the results i wanted... Most of them suggested bottle straight away...

If more health care "professionals" payed more attention to mothers i think things would be alot better... I had BF issues at 3 months when i was so stressed my milk wasnt comming through properly (wasnt producing the thicker milk) i was feeding every 1 1/2 - 2 hours after 2-3 doc visits i was convinced that i should "for bubs sake" suppliment a night feed with a formula feed... Not knowing that my supply would drop dramatically... from the moment i changed to formula for 1 feed he did sleep all night but then developed reflux and was projectile vomiting... (although it took till 8 months for them to formally diagnose that issue and medicate him) AAAARRGGG it makes me so mad when you tell them theres a problem and they dont want to help... I feel like you start to know your child from day 1 and mothers know when their children arent themselves..

Well i'm rambling sorry....

Jade- glad the appoint. went well fingers crossed for you...

Meg, Clackline is about 45 mins from Midland... not that far at all!

Jess, I was "lucky" (I have to look at the positives) that the NICU/SCN has lactation consultants on hand and another bonus being that I started to try and BF when Brendan was 4 weeks old (34weeks gestation is usually when they start to learn the sucking reflex) Even then it was only once a day or every second day as it was too tiring for brendan and he would start "desating"(low oxygen levels) and having "brady's"(low heart beat). He was fully suck feeding by 5.5 weeks old. Saying that though I never got the chance to fully BF before going home. But still persevered with it until he was 4.5 months and my supply just dropped. Brendan had colic and reflux... colic went around 6 months old and he still has reflux though it is much better now.

LOL, now I'm starting to ramble!! I get what you mean about knowing your child. Once Brendan was suck feeding I just wanted to take him home and I knew that he was good to go, but the drs wouldn't let him go..... but thats another story!!

Take Care girls

becky Guest

I really think Mums know more than Dr's sometimes hey???? They try and do things by the book too much.

Wow Meg, what a psycho your ex-friend is! Its probably for the better that you are rid of her before your baby is born. With the things she said, you never can tell how far she would go!

hey girls.

Jade, I really hope u have time 2 get into the city instead of flinder's!! I'm assuming u have switched to WCH. I would be stuffed if it was me, my longest labour (established) was only 5 hours! I have ambulance cover for that reason!

Hi Jess! I have seen you elsewhere but not really talked much.

not much going on today, so :hugs: to those who need them.

mummycate Guest

I had bf issues too but I don't want to get into it again. I've dealt with it and know its not my fault but I know to speak up when i don't feel right and not take the word of someone else saying I'm doing fine.

OMG... yeah what a psycho! she's just making herself look stupid now though, hopefully your DP can see that and wouldn't believe her if she told him rain was wet. You don't need that kind of stress with a new baby either, you're far better off having it all out now *hugs*

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast