Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #3

Happy Australia guys.
    Yeah to be honest i was having a little trouble keeping up with all the posts that i ended up giving up for a little while there.
    Congrats on Brendan standing up! I bet you're chuffed!!
    hehe don't worry Ali i got home and raved on about you, he knows you're not a wierdo hehehe
    DH and i have been talking about getting small tattoos with each other's names for years, just hasn't happened yet. We've talked about the whole 'what if we split' thing and i think even if something happened and we did i don't think i'd regret the tat because he's such a big part of my life either way, he's the father of my kids. And if it really came to it there's always laser removal, leaves a scar but i've got so many of those on my body anyway it wouldn't matter hehe.
    Yeah 5 weeks to go, i can feel it thats for sure....

Happy Aussie Day Everyone!!

Im having a pretty **** day... lol..

Issues with DP... Whats new???

Im also very bored but its too hot to do anythin!!

Mum went to a craft/wool market this morning and brought me back a surprise... I was layin on the bed watchin tv.. and she came in and said "close your eyes"

It was a tiny white little hand made beanie

So cute! shes excited about being a grandma!! so happy!

Anyways hope to talk to everyone soon!!

hey banx u on msn?

It is freaking hot!! I'm melting!!

I had thought of what I was going to write... but forgot.. lol.

Emma, have fun tonight hope your bbq goes well!

Jade, thanks... definately am. I'm so glad that he's catching up!!

Banx, sounds like you need it

Take Care

sally he's such a cutie i cant wait 2 meet him!!!! he has the most beautiful smile, u have a real treasure there

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey girls!!
    Hope your all well.
    YAY Sally, i bet your SO proud of Brendan
    Its pretty hot here, lol, im sitting here eating ice cream, its yummy. Im bored though and missing DP big time!!
    Just popping in and catching up. Cant wait til Jo is back and we get to hear all the gory details
    Oh and OMG i have read through the WHOLE of 'Up the duff', and i only bought it on thursday night!!
    Oh and there was something i wanted to ask, but, cant remember what...gee silly preg brain...

Awww thanks Kass

Meg, when ya remember Fire away glad to try and be able to answer any questions you may have

Had a good evening everyone seemed in good spirits, even MIL and SIL! WooHoo....

Hi everyone, hope you all had a good day yesterday. Cleaning out bub's room today and we'll be picking the cot up in the next couple of days too.

It sounds awful, but I'm going to book my next scan next week and I'm starting to worry about whether it's going to be a girl or a boy... Luke and I both really want a boy... I'm a bit scared that it's not going to be what I hoped. I mean, I will still be happy with a girl, but I think everyone has a preference...

I just feel that if we have a girl, Luke won't bond with her as much as he would with a boy (he's a gamer so I can imagine him with his boy playing games on the xbox and stuff). The other reason is because Luke said he only wants one baby, so this is probably my only chance to have a child (unless we have another accidental pregnancy later on).

Sounds pathetic doesn't it? It makes me feel like crying for even feeling like this. I should be happy and feel blessed that I'm even pregnant at all and all I can think about is gender disappointment!! I just feel like such a horrible person right now...
    Last edited by Serendypyty; January 27th, 2008 at 10:13 AM.

BIG HUGS!

It's ok... with all the pg hormones you are allowed to feel what you are feeling. I so wanted a girl... like really wanted and DP also wanted a girl to the point that he said if I had a boy he'd "shove him back where he came from" As soon as Brendan was born, it was just love all the way. And now I'm actually glad I had a boy.

Take Care Darl.

BTW I really hope you get your boy

haha, thanks I just feel like such a horrible cow for even thinking about that sort of thing really...I might go and have a talk to Luke about it and see if it makes me feel like less of a bumhead!

Seriously don't worry about it.
    At my 20wk scan they asked if I wanted to know the sex and said not really... I think i'm having a boy and she said hmmm I don't think you are. Well 10 weeks later I had a boy.

Sally congrats on brendan standing!! And I really dig your new tattoo.. is it on your leg yeah? Ruben and I used to share a room for ages, because I was living at home with my mum. I actually really loved having him in my room.
    Kass - what an awesome present!! I am so so jealous, I totally want to go travelling but doubt I could ever afford it.

Emma - don't feel bad over it. I was so keen on having a girl, but I *knew* from very early on that it was going to be a boy, which was confirmed by the ultrasound, and I wouldn't change a thing. Firstborn boy is good luck or something for the Greeks anyway (MIL is greek).
    When you hold bubs for the first time, you'll be over the moon no matter what.

Serendipity - their are gender disappointment support threads and general threads - and if you post in there (im not sure if your have already) it really helps to get you some perspective. I was shattered when i found out we were having a boy. I cried for a week and when my friends would make "you have a little penis growing inside you" jokes i would crack it big time.
    Whilst you might feel selfish and ridiculous for it - if we really have an underlying "preference" there's normally good reason for it. My DP is a gamer too, but we would have had our little girl be whatever she wanted, daddy's little gamer if so be it. For a long long time i wouldn't accept that i was having a boy - and it can eb really difficult - i felt really guilty for not being happy that i had a healthy bubby - especially with it being the first, no conceiving dramas, and us wanting more kids - and feeling guilty like that is really weird - so it helps to talk. IYKWIM.
    Sorry for my babble... if you are worried that you might be disappointed you're probably best to find out at the u/s. If i hadn't of, "alexander" would have been called little "maddie" all through my pregnancy and i wouldn't have bonded very well when he was born. If you are having a little girl, i still think you'll find DP will adore and treasure her, just as much with a little boy. My mum just had twin baby girls and they totally make my step-dad melt. Girls make their daddy's all gooey! And you never know about more kids either... DP wasn't sure he wanted any - and he didn't want to get married until he was at least 25 - and look at us now! =D

Good luck when you do have the scan hun, and if you do want to chat you can pm me or add me to msn or whatever!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Heyya
    Umm i think my question has totally left me lol. Sorry Im sure itll come back to me when i think of it again...but you never know haha.
    Emma I hope you have a boy, but sometimes they dont happen like that but no doubt you will be able to bond and get used to the idea if it is a girl, and like Ash said, just coz your girl/boy is a girl/boy doesnt mean it HAS to do only girl/boy things. So it really cant stop your DP having a lil gaming buddy if its a girl...etc. You've got tons of support if you need it though

Emma: My partner is a "gamer" also and is the best father i could ask 4 and bonded with Bella the sec she came out. Everything ur feeling leaves when u have ur bubs, boy or girl. My partner believes a child is a child boy or girl ur love is no different and u bond in different ways. DP wanted a boy 1st and now he says he doesn't want anymore bubs as he doesn't want 2 share his love!
    I cant believe theres gender support groups, what would they talk about?

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Kass i think they talk about why they are disapointed with other people that are disapointed. Some people really set themselves up for a girl or boy and are really shattered when they get the opposite to what they wanted. Sometimes they have their reasons, like they have had 3 or 4 girls and really wanted a boy, but got another girl...and sometimes they arent too sure why they feel so disappointed.

fair enough, it just makes me sad as all bubs r blessings. But i guess they have there reasons and its good that theres somewhere they can turn, 2 move on from it 4 there bubs sake.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast