Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #2

well thanx ladies im obviously not very popular! hehe
    An infection thats horrible, how do u look at the situation now?
    Question: Clints birthday on Friday he wants a dog, I've put it off 4 ages coz i know ill b the one that'll have 2 train it but he said ill only have 2 look after it 4 a few months then its going 2 work with him. Which is fine but what sort of dog should i get. I only want a small one coz im not dealing with a big dog around Bella. I really want him 2 get one from the RSPCA but i cant go with him as last time i made a scene coz i was so upset, im a really big animal lovern and it made me sad. Also im taking him away saturday afternoon after work, i was going 2 take him 2 a nice motel in melbs that is only $120 a night per person but its all booked out does anyone know of anywhere nice?

Well, everything happens for a reason.

Cant help you with the hotel/motel lol. And as far as a dog goes, hmmm thats a really personal choice. Me personally wouldnt get a small "yappy" dog, they are more clingy and therefore get jealous of children (my parents dogs (papillions) dont like brendan) Good Luck

Joel wants a dog too. What about a Staffy? They are small and family friendly, but they also look like a MAN'S dog.... maybe a Boxer? They are a happy friendly family dog too, and soooo much fun. What about a Bull Terrier? My uncle had one and he was the most adorable dog. So loving and friendly.
    Joel and I are going to have to go through the same thing soon, (choosing a dog) He wants a black Lab, I want a Staffy or Boxer.

smiles4u Guest

Smile

Hi ya Kass, (it's Lorelle )

I usually book a hotel whether staying in Melb or interstate on the website - Wotif.com: Australia Hotels, Accommodation, Motels

I had a peek 4 u jst b4 but looks like most is booked out 4 this Fri nite.

I stayed at the Bayview On the Park (b careful not to confuse with the Bayview Eden on the same road, diff block) last Sept as I ws goin 2 a concert at the Palais in St.Kilda. It was a huge room, quite nice, comfy QS bed, tho bathrm nothing special. Beautiful foyer. If u don't want 2 drive u can walk about 2mins 2 get 2 St.Kilda rd & catch a tram 2 either the City or the opp way 2 St.Kilda (only 1 tram frm that tram stop goes 2 St.Kilda, eg. Luna park, Carlisle St cafes, etc...sorry can't remembr name of it).

I also cld recommend the Radisson On Flagstaff Gardens, room ws jst gorgeous, very modern, very cmfy KS bed, nice size rm. Hotel Dine in breakfast ws jst brilliant, big choice & plenty of area 2 find a nice table. Is short tram ride 2 telsta-dome.

The Pacific International Suites Melbourne (Little Bourke St), I think it ws called Deluxe One Bdrm Suite, ws jst absolutely massive the suite could hold a party in there. Has huge kitchen & huge dining table. Huge bathroom.Huge lounge area. Is like an open-plan modern big apartment. Nothing shabby there, had a bit of class. Only thing I cld fault is I think the lounge only had a 2 seater. And the area the Hotel is position u need 2 walk a fair distance 2 get 2 the heart of the city (nitelife).

... Keep away frm Rydges Nth Melb, ... looks g8 outside BUT once inside passage ways & rm, ... oh my god so old & shabby. Looks like a uni dorm. Worst bed we had eva slept in, lumpy and on a slope. I was 25wks preg & DH had 2 push me like up a hill 2 get me out of bed. Pillows augh, ... anothr story. Staff were rude ... And breakfast ws jst shocking. That ws one b'day nite I will neva 4get !!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO CLINT ( my b'day ws ystdy, ... Go us goats, LOL)
    Last edited by smiles4u; January 15th, 2008 at 02:02 PM. Reason: ah, jst remembrd 2 mention somfin : )

thanx 4 that lorelle i just had a quick look myself and it looks like it'll help me out so ill have another look 2night when clint gets home. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! 4 yesterday!!! Id do a cute lil smilie but i dont know how.
    Nina: Joel wants the dog i want and u want the dog clint wants. Hehehe Look anything we get im just so scared that ill naglect it dur 2 giving 100% 2 Bella but i guess like everything else that pops in2 our life, aka Bella i can adjust 2. I love Staffys 2 so ill think about that one. If i get a big heavy dog Bella will b bolled over all the time when she's learning 2 walk I dont kow i guess there's pro's and con's 2 both.
    Sally: I think i've said it time and time again, I think ur very stronge 4 everything u've gone through and i see clear, blue sky's from here on in 4 u, things r looking up! Is it nice 2 cuddle up 2 Nigel in bed again? That's one of my fav things 2 do is jump in bed and snuggle. Im a BIG softy!

I love cuddling up Good thing he does too!!

awwww we r all big softies arent we?

ive had a horrible day i had my purse stolen which upset me alot and a car round the block caught fire (gas) and the guy was trying to put it out with a hose. silly man.

Wow a dog how cool ive always wanted a dog i want a labby a chocolate brown one. but wont be able to get one till we have our own place. but im not too good ont he dog front myself

awwww jes thats horrible, how where did it get stolen?

Thats horrible :hugs:

the biggest pain is replacing all the cards, aaaack!

Take Care

*Nessa* Guest

Jess- sorry to hear about you purse, its so annoying when that happens

wowo you all can talk hey!!

Well just picked up my eldest from daycare and my poor little one wants to go so badly but im not ready to part with her yet.

Got hungry jacks for tea!!! yummo

Oh I LOVE HJ'S!!! Closest one too me is about 45 mins away! LOL... might have to go for a drive, i'm hungry now!!

*Nessa* Guest

Hehe I worked at Hj's for 6 years and got so sick of it but now i am free of it i love it, as long as its done my way!!!! I am very picky and will not hesitate to tell them if its wrong.

My HJ's is 2 min away

Back on the dog topic

Joel and I have a Staffy and we are going to get a boxer.. later on down the track of course :P

all this talk about HJ's and puppies......I WANT BOTH RIGHT NOW!! Hahahaha! Well I just watche the scariest movie, The Reaping. Joel couldn't watch it. He hates all that siritual stuff. If he can't shoot it, then he doesn't want to know. Sooooo funny watching him hide behind the pillows. Big tough Army boy!!!!

Jess, that's no good about your purse. How did it get stolen? Ppl make me sick. I can't even believe that there are people out there that have no concious. I stole $5 from my mum's wallet when I was bout 12, I felt so bad cried, put it back and then told her what I had done. LoL

I wonder how Cate went?!??!

how do i make my photo smaller 2 fit on my ticker, im reading the instructions but i dont understand?!

Jo, I believe the thermostat is where you choose the temp that comes out. lol

All fixed now! still waiting to hear about the radio but now we have the air con back and it is great

Rusty, Is ur DP full time army, or reserves? my DH is reserves, infantry.

DH is back at work and it SUX!!!!!!! I hate him not being able to spend much time with the kids. and he hates working too.

The girls are good, everything else is fine, we have an inspection on Tuesday next week, so cleaning like mad. I refuse to clean the bathroom when DH has been at work! it is really hard to get the grease off the enamel, Ugh!

WOW!! 2 days and 6 pages to catch up on!

We picked up our chocolate lab puppy on Sunday, 7 hour round trip. (I got the sea bands and they seamed to work ok) He's so cute. There's no way we could have waited until we have our baby to get him coz it would be a case of one waking the other up all the time.

Hope everyone is doing well, will catch up on it all tomorrow. Hopefully

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Hey all!
    Im back miss me much?? haha
    Sorry i havent read all the replies since ive last been in, theres about a million pages to read through, but im sure ill catch up soon enough Is there any goss/news that i should know about??
    Im adding a belly shot in about 5 mins to my gallery if u all wanna check it out?? I like my belly it looks cute!
    Hope your all good!!

ETA: Bonham my parents didnt make me move out, DP and i wanted to move in together and it wa sjust easier when id finished work to officially move in, with working 40 hours a week it kinda left us a bit short on time.

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast