Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ January 2008 #3

also emma look at my photo's somewhere in the lot of them, there's one of Bella playing playstation with her Daddy, show DP that.......hehehhe
    Her dad and her have a speacial bond even at just 8 months!

Regan, yeah it's on my ankle

I think the whole "gender disappointment" also has to with pg hormones. So I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Emma... seriously big hugs and I really do hope you get what you want

sally how do i c ur videos of brendan im looking but cant find?

Hi everyone, thanks for your kind words...

Kass - It sounds horrible doesn't it, having an expectation like that and then being disappointed if it's not what you hoped for. I feel like a horrible person for even having those thoughts. But after having a cry about it and talking to Luke, I feel a lot better and have relaxed about it more. I know that all babies are a blessing and I know that I will be happy no matter what we end up having... it's probably just my crazy hormones, they really are going crazy at the moment!!

My belly has popped out more since yesterday too, which is very cool I like my little belly.. people keep rubbing it though, so far it has only been people that I know, which is good..like, people at work and stuff. I sometimes wish that people would ask before doing it though...

Sally - how is your tatt healing? It was so long between my most recent and the last one that I forgot about the peeling thing!! Thankfully it didn't spit out much ink this time so that's good, I'll have to load a pic up one day and show you mine. It only took about 15 minutes or so.

Hope you are all enjoying your long weekend

emma: UBeing pg usually makes u think crazey thoughts and worry about things that Luke prob hasn't even thought of so try not 2 put silly things in ur head. Enjoy ur pg and what every sex u end up with. I dont doubt that u'll b a great mum and ur not a horrible person 4 thinking of it, trust me ur thoughts get even wireder (cant spell) when u have ur bubs!

Thanks Kass

Girls, I think I have worked out how to use the photo gallery, although I have only added two pics and it won't let me add any more? I'm not sure why!
    They are only a couple of pics from our wedding

It's healing quite well I didn't feel with the last one, but could be cos it's in black only??? I will scab with this one cos theres blood still there. lol.... almost at the "itchy" stage!!

went out tenpin bowling had a ball... great fun Mum looked after B so it was nice to have that bit of a break before I go to Melb!!

Goodnight

Kass, I'll post the links tomorrow when i have some time I have a couple more to upload anyhow!!

Hello Everyone!!,

Sorry wont be any personals as you guys have gone through almost a whole thread in the time i was in hospital!! haha.

Me & Sophie came home yesterday (Sunday Jan 27th) and have been settling into some sort of routine with feeding & sleeping. She's a good baby. Thanks Sally for messaging me, sorry i didnt realise it was you in the rush to go to the hospital i forgot to program your number in my phone and still wasnt completely with it when i read your message, thanks Ash for messaging me also most appreciated. I've got some pictures to post up here on BB and will also post them on my webpage within the next few days.

Sally- WOOHOO on Brendan being 11months and standing!!

Yay! big congrats again Jo!! great to hear you're both doing well!

Great to hear your both doing well!!! Good to have you back

yay jo!!!! Now ur at home it'll slowly sink in ur a mummy!!!!!

Girls not sure what happened last night but i had kind of a mental breakdown. Im a girl that was teased in school, not all the time, but on and off. So i have zero confidents, i already wish i could have the balls 2 wear the things i really want etc but in the back of my mind i still feel like a worthless piece of ****. I think i need 2 deal with what was done was done and move on.
    Anywho, last night we went 2 the shopping centre and clint ran in 2 get things while Bella and i waited in the car. Next i c 2 girls that were the cause of my no self esteem, clint walks out, gets in the car and i said "Did u c those girls, the real pretty one in the dress?" He says "Yeah she tried talking 2 me."
    Now these girls have no idea that clint is my DP, as i havent seen these girls since school, so y did i cry so much last night and act like some kind of mental patient? Sorry 2 ramble!

Quote Originally Posted by xxSerendipityxx View Post
    Hi everyone, hope you all had a good day yesterday. Cleaning out bub's room today and we'll be picking the cot up in the next couple of days too.

It sounds awful, but I'm going to book my next scan next week and I'm starting to worry about whether it's going to be a girl or a boy... Luke and I both really want a boy... I'm a bit scared that it's not going to be what I hoped. I mean, I will still be happy with a girl, but I think everyone has a preference...

I just feel that if we have a girl, Luke won't bond with her as much as he would with a boy (he's a gamer so I can imagine him with his boy playing games on the xbox and stuff). The other reason is because Luke said he only wants one baby, so this is probably my only chance to have a child (unless we have another accidental pregnancy later on).

Sounds pathetic doesn't it? It makes me feel like crying for even feeling like this. I should be happy and feel blessed that I'm even pregnant at all and all I can think about is gender disappointment!! I just feel like such a horrible person right now...
    Hun, u may be surprised to hear that i desperately want a boy. i cried for a week when we found out that Em is a girl. I am in the gender disappointment support group and there r heaps of us there. it can lead to PND, so make sure you talk about it and allow yourself time to adjust. i would definately find out the sex if i were you

Quote Originally Posted by kass_20 View Post
    Emma: My partner is a "gamer" also and is the best father i could ask 4 and bonded with Bella the sec she came out. Everything ur feeling leaves when u have ur bubs, boy or girl. My partner believes a child is a child boy or girl ur love is no different and u bond in different ways. DP wanted a boy 1st and now he says he doesn't want anymore bubs as he doesn't want 2 share his love!
    I cant believe theres gender support groups, what would they talk about?
    Well, we talk about how we feel pretty much. it is good to have support when you need it

Quote Originally Posted by tannedangel View Post
    Kass i think they talk about why they are disapointed with other people that are disapointed. Some people really set themselves up for a girl or boy and are really shattered when they get the opposite to what they wanted. Sometimes they have their reasons, like they have had 3 or 4 girls and really wanted a boy, but got another girl...and sometimes they arent too sure why they feel so disappointed.
    Got it in 1 hun

fair enough, it just makes me sad as all bubs r blessings. But i guess they have there reasons and its good that theres somewhere they can turn, 2 move on from it 4 there bubs sake.
    We all know our bubs r a blessing and 1st and foremost want them to be healthy, but we also want them to have a specific type of reproductive organ

yay jo!!!! Now ur at home it'll slowly sink in ur a mummy!!!!!

Girls not sure what happened last night but i had kind of a mental breakdown. Im a girl that was teased in school, not all the time, but on and off. So i have zero confidents, i already wish i could have the balls 2 wear the things i really want etc but in the back of my mind i still feel like a worthless piece of ****. I think i need 2 deal with what was done was done and move on.
    Anywho, last night we went 2 the shopping centre and clint ran in 2 get things while Bella and i waited in the car. Next i c 2 girls that were the cause of my no self esteem, clint walks out, gets in the car and i said "Did u c those girls, the real pretty one in the dress?" He says "Yeah she tried talking 2 me."
    Now these girls have no idea that clint is my DP, as i havent seen these girls since school, so y did i cry so much last night and act like some kind of mental patient? Sorry 2 ramble!
    oh that is normal hun. we all have those moments. the girls hurt you so much that it is normal to want to hurt them and feel like they are trying to take more from you than they already did. even thought they don't know that he is yours.

Oh Kass, sorry to hear that you were also teased in school. I was always teased and hardly ever had friends. When I did, I couldn't fully trust them because they would do something to push me away. Ended up being a geeky little library monitor in my lunch breaks and recess because I didn't want to associate with people my own age anymore! It really does take ages to get past all of it and I still feel really insecure about everything, even now, so I know what you are going through.

It is really hard to stop talking down to yourself and to start thinking of yourself as a person with needs and rights isn't it? I would be sad too if my DH was being chatted up by someone like that, but at the same time, I think I would kinda feel special that he picked me out of heaps of other people that he could have been with. Those girls might be "pretty" but I bet that they have none of the qualities that you have sweetie and that's what counts.

I've always been one of those people who listens and listens but when I go to speak, people don't really listen to me, they talk over me? But since being preggers (probably the hormones), I cut people off if they are being rude or if they are arguing with me!! We had someone call the office last week and was arguing with me that we needed to fix up settlement cracks in his house even though he wasn't the original owner of the house that we built, not to mention the house was built many years ago and wasn't covered by our warranty anymore! I just snapped and said "I'm going to stop you there. We are not responsible for that. If you bought a house and didn't get the seller to patch these things up before you bought it then that's not our problem". LOL! I had never done that before in my life.
    I even used to be one of those people who would sit there and listen to telemarketers on the telephone, even though they were bugging me at home, and wait for a break in their sentence before telling them politely that I'm not interested!! I weird myself out sometimes...

We are going to my SIL's house today for a bit, we're going to see if we can get the cot back home in our car, she said we can always borrow hers if we want to take it over there so I guess that's good. I still have a bit of cleaning out to do of the spare bedroom at the moment but I'm doing it in little stages, mainly because I still get really tired doing little things.

Jo - YAY on being a mummy!! Congratulations! Can't wait to see pics!

Yeah during pg i was the same nothing could bring me down. And now im also like that, im a much stronger person then i ever thought, now i have 2 b strong not just 4 me but also 4 Bella. But it comes 2 those girls, im like that lil girl in school again. And also when it comes 2 clint, i think its coz i love him sooooooo much and dont know y im so luckey my DP doesn't cheat etc , i kinda think 2 myself he'll let me down. He's just a good guy and im going 2 push him away coz of my own insecurities. Its like in feb we have Bella's godfathers 21st, clints best mate, and im wearing this lil black dress. I tried on my outfit last night, now i know i looked really nice and felt really good about myself, but the minute i walk out that door around our old mates that'll b at the party, my confidents goes out the window and i feel like everyone is watching me and judging me. I think i should go see someone, reading over this post, i sound like im a freak with issues. Im sorry 2 burdan u guys with it but would u believe, i've never told anyone any of this, and its really starting 2 get 2 me, im physicly tired of giving a **** what others r saying about me! Sorry 4 the long post

New thread time ladies

Love

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789