Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Amy - I've got a feeling I've heard they can be negative. I think HCG goes up for a while, but then once the placenta starts working it goes down again???
    Don't quote me on it though.
    Maybe you should start a thread about other girls experiences.

I've done a little research and the HCG levels do level off after 12 weeks, but it stays higher than what the level at 6-8 wks is until after bubs is born. So it should detect it.

Hope that helps

*raises hand in the air*

Amy - before i found out i was pregnant i had a blood test which came back negative & i kepts getting negative POAS tests aswell until i was about 8 weeks & thats when i finally got a positive which i didnt believe at the time because of all the negatives i had & i never thought a blood test would be wrong... Looking back now i would have been 4wks pregnant when i had the blood test done so it should have shown up!

Good luck

Hi girls
    Amy
    Just thought I would add that there are two types of hcg tests a quantitative will give you an exact level and a qualitative will just give you a pos or neg so these can be wrong as with you hpt. So if you have a test make sure you get the quant then you will know for sure.
    Hope this helps.

Hello Kristale! Good point, i forgot to mention that! (about the tests) lol...

I think i'm off to bed soon, getting tired!

if you are feeling kicking the blood test wont be wrong.

thanks girls and thanks kristale for hte tip, i think i understand but not 100% sure, so many letters in htere like hcp poas or something lol. im feeling really sick this morning, kinda like morning sickness but i think its just me being nervous about hte whole thing.
    im just worried its gonig to come back negative and the doc will look at me and say your crazy! lol i know he wont do that but atm i feel crazy coz of 2 neg urine tests and 1 neg blood test in the past 3 months.
    its such a pain not knowing.

Any way, how was everyones saturday night? i got my hair cut and i asked BIL's gf to only cut an inch off, well now my hair is shaulder length, im so angry, and i have a funeral on tuesday to go to and i wanted to look decent, i look so bad with short hair.

have a great day, were going for a walk into town today!

I wonder why they aren't sending you for a U/S Amy?

Amy - Maybe show up at Emergency & say 'something strange is going on with my tummy'. You might get an u/s straight away? Act a bit dumb, but tell them about the m/c. I dunno how you can be so patient about it!
    Have you done any more hpts? They probably wouldn't work, but it might be worth a try? I dunno. I'd be going mental if I was you!

thats what i thought sally but ill just wait for hte blood test, what ever the result i am going for a scan no matter what. he did feel my tummy so maybe he felt a baby im not sure.
    Skye- i am gonig mental, lol, im in such a bad mood one minute hten a great mood the next because i have no idea whether i was allowed a drink yesterday and if i should be careful of what i eat etc. im going insane. and hten today, no movement at all and bleeding really really heavily. i dont know what to do. billy keeps saying wait for hte blood test results before we go to hospital but i want to go. i think he thinks im overreacting.

if you are belleding and think you are pg, I would go to the hospital, at least they can confirm it! Please go....

ok i just rung billy and he is going ot take me to the hospital when he gets home, shame we have ot take mads with us, billys mum is at hte farm today so she cant have maddie.
    thanks girls, i really appreciate all of your support.

Make sure you come tell us how you go!
    My MIL did get her AF for 6 months with her last DS. Thats one of the reasons she didn't know til then.
    The 30wk one is next door, but I don't think her pg is out in the open yet (still recovering from shock!) so I can't really ask if she had AF or not.

Good luck Amy, fingers are crossed for you.

The hawks were awesome, Charli was quiet at first...like no movement for the first 10 minutes of the game, despite how much noise we were all making and how loud DP was yelling at the TV.lol, thats prob why she wasnt moving, in shock thinking 'i'm not coming out to you crazy ppl'. Poor DP is so sore today, his knees are all red and graised, his ribs and sore, his hands are swollen and he's lost his voice, but he still enjoyed himself. He was on the floor in front of the tv yelling at it and punching the ground when things didnt go our way. lmao.
    Lys loved it also, she was yelling at the TV saying 'get off the screen you stupid cats' and 'kill em' and 'kick em in the head'.... she really got into it. lmao

Hello to everyone else, hope you are all well.

hi girls,
    No news.
    they told me urien test was negative which i already new and they said it was very reliable... bulls**t. and the doc felt my tummy and said that there was nothing there, no womb, and the kicking feeling was probably my bowels. i highly doubt it because it was at the top of my tummy and i saw a kicking movemoent not a bowel movement! im so upset. i didnt even want another baby right now, i wanted one in 9 months or so, but i got my hopes up and so angry. if the kicking feeling keeps happening im forcing my doc to get me an u/s.
    well hope your all well. speak soon x

Amy, thats really strange What did they say about the bleeding? Did you mention your tummy growing?

Amy - hope you sort it out soon. What ever it is.

Oh Amy i am so sorry, not to get your hopes up again but maybe you should see another doctor and talk about everything thats happening, if your not 100% convinced and happy it could be the answer, just remember we are always here to talk if you need us.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast