Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Jesska08 View Post
    Sally - ooo ur getting some pampering today?? i suppose getting ur eyebrows ripped off isnt really pampering... lol.... yeah im also another blonde whos starting to get feral!! luckily my best friends my hair dresser! does my hair 4 freeeeeee... hehe.. shes freaking awesome! i have to black spots under my hair on the sides! i LOVE IT... often get called a skunk though! hah.... and whats a xmas card swap?
    Yes pampering... LOL. I'm getting eyebrows waxed and eyelashes tinted can't wait for the pain
    Christmas card swap is you basically send a card to few people from here and get some back too It's just a bit of fun, especially people like me who LOVE mail and dont get many chrissy cards

Have a great day everyone!

Kass - I'm doing three days a week at a building company doing administrative work. They are also using me to coordinate home maintenance and I will be assisting with special projects and also with the implementation of new safety procedures. A lot for three days worth of work, that's for sure! They have said I can do work from home though so I think that will be good.

hey girls, i didnt get an email saying people had replied os i didnt think anyone was talking lol.
    im in a really bad mood today so im sorry but im nto really going to do personals. feels like one day is good then the next is bad. and i am getting really mad at maddie lately, i dont know if its the stress of the move or the fact that maddie is growing up and becoming a pain in hte ass toddler.
    had a really big fight with dad yesterday coz it was my sisters 18th and he rung her and was really rude to her so i had a go at him and we had a massive fight. so i reckon he has definitely disinherited me now. so i told him were trying for another baby.
    hmm im going to sit out side for a while. i feel like crying lol
    but also there is good news, i put flyers up for a young mums group and 4 little rip off things with my number have been taken!! so thats atleast 4 young girls with babies in dunsborough.
    well speak soon hope your all well.
    oh and im in for the xmas card swap but dont know how to pm. so ill talk to you on msn sally.
    xx

Amy, The notifications wern't working properly yesterday. Log out of BB fully and shut down your comp and then restart and open BB. They started working right after I did that for me.

How did you give the to your partners?

omg ali are you pregnant????

Amy, check my sig

Wow i go out for the day and i miss heaps. lol.
    I plan to speak to the group co-ord about the child care ladies behaviour/attitude next week, if she didnt work there i wouldnt be so angry, still angry but no so angry. It's a young mums support group so we go there for support and no judgement about our age and then she goes and b!tches behind there backs, if shes doing it about them to us i can only imagine what she says to other ppl about us other girls.
    I know first hand its easy to judge, im like you Kass and was disgusted by a 14yr old at my school having a baby but now im a young mum (not even that young) i know what it feels likes and although its a judgmental world the group should be a judgment free place. I guess unless you know what its like to be judged you dont realise how hurtful it can be.
    Had my antenatal checkup today and Charli has gone against the docs odds and actually started to engage, yay, 4/5 above brim or whatever it is. hopefully that means she'll be coming out earlier than later. hehe. Technically im full term on sunday so anytime after then is A-OK with me. Sad news is i put on a 1kg in the last week Must be those two blocks of kit-kat chocolate i ate But other than that we are looking good and feeling fine.
    I also got my hair done today which made me feel soooooooo much better, no more regrowth. YAY
    Ok personals time...

Serendipity- Hope Josie's teething gets better soon (lys was a silent teether and you didnt even know she had them until she nearly bit ya finger off. lol. Lucky me eh). How awesome going back to work, i can't wait to go back in a way, feel like im contributing more to our financial status. lol. but then again i dont wanna leave me babies either, when i go back it will only be a couple of days or even at nights.

Kass- How is Annabelle? are you coming next thursday to the meetup???

Jesska- glad things are going well at work.

Allioops- I'm confused.... i don't know what those lil initial things and dates are on your sig....

Kirra - Thanks for being the only person to reply, hope your doing well.

I should leave here, because it seems to have turned into a younger 'mums' chat rather than a younger 'couples' chat and seeing I've not got kids, I shouldn't be here.

LJ, Hun, I am so sorry I have been a bit out of it lately and thought I had posted a personal for you. Sorry Babe Please stick around. I have noticed that you havent been around much lately and was wondering what is happening but assumed you were busy with the wedding and house.

Kirra, I had Chemical Pregnancies the past 2 months, but the s were not really dark. They were early s and very faint. They just couldnt stick.

But AF was due today. So at lunch time I went and bought some HPTs, and got 2 nice bold (well only a little bit fainter than the control line) s with middle of the day diluted urine. I am going to use the 3rd one in the pack with FMU in the morning for a nice DARK line.

So that is life in a nutshell ATM

oh excellent look forward to hearing more!

lizjessie- no way, dont you dare think about leaving, i know ive hardly spoken to you but im sorry and everyone is welcome. your planning on having a baby so that still kinda makes you a mum, and it is younger couple chat not young mums chat!

well we got foxtel today, im over it already lol. Billy is hogging it!

hope you all had a good day.
    xx
    Last edited by mum2maddieand1; October 9th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.

Ali - Yeah, been busy with the house and wedding - and work even more so, but I still pop in every time I'm online and see what everyone has been up to and saying and I just can't answer most things because I can't relate to it.
    Btw, I've got all confidence that this is it for you Ali, I reckon it's gonna be a sticky one.

Amy - It's ok, whenever I'm in threads like this, I don't often have people talk to me. With the way the financial market is going nowerdays, I'm guessing we won't be trying for kids until 2020!

It's just that it seems that everyone is talking about their kids/pregnancies and I'm yet to experience the joys of kids, so I kinda feel a little left out. I have had a pregnancy which ended in a m/c in June 2007 (heartbreakingly) and though we never had them, it's still hard to this day.

LJ, Money should not control the decision Feel free to change the subject occasionally, being around these little people seems to turn my brain to mush and take all my attention, so some thoughtful comments would bring me back to reality. So where are you up to with the wedding plans? and how much of the house is done?

Well AF is officially late, so I think this one is staying on board!!! Yay!!! for me!!!

LJ- Plz don't leave, you are more than welcome in here, we only talk about preg/kids cause thats whats going on in our lives, please please please dont leave. We would love to hear more about the wedding plans, im still waiting for my proposal (i did have one when i was preg with alyssa but we broke up last yr for a bit so technically we no longer engaged and i told him this time when he decided to pop the big Q he should do it romantically and make it something i wont forget. lol. I'm so cheesy.
    He too skungy to buy me a ring anyways, he wants to save every last cent for a house deposit, me on the other hand, i wanna save but still live happily with the little luxury's while we can, god knows when we buy a house we arent gonna have much spare cash especially since i refuse to go back to work full-time and put my children in before and after school care and all day day-care.
    As for the 'baby to be' don't think of money too much, if we had have i wouldnt be preg now.

Amy- Foxtel??? I refuse to waste my money on it, travis wants it but only for the footy and thats only 7 months of the yr or something, im happy with normal tellie, plus with another baby on the way and trav wanting to get another job at night, not like i'll be watching tv anyway. lol. Speaking of tv, heroes came back on last night and then prison break, i was sooooo happy, wentworth miller is sooooo hot. Seriously drooling over the tv. lol

Allioops- WOO HOO sounds like good news to me, how exciting.

Alyssa just told me she could take her belly button out of where it is, lmao. Now shes complainging that it hurts. She def takes after me. lol

Ali - Congrats again, it's great but scary having a BFP especially after two chemical pregnancies. My DF is so worried about the finacial market and the fact that we're building the house that he's always fretting when AF hasn't arrived... But nowerdays I've told him he shouldn't worry because AF, for me, is usually all over the place. He used to say to me all the time 'We'll cross that bridge when we come to it' - I now find myself saying that exact phrase when he's talking and panicking about if I get UTD (Which I hope and wish for, but doubt that it's ever going to happen anymore)
    The wedding, this is what is done :
    * My dress (my girls dresses are going to be made by someone - but I don't know when I'm going to find the time to go with them to get it done!)
    * Ceremony and Reception Venues
    * Flowers
    * Wedding Night Accomodation
    * Celebrant
    * Catering (this was a big one for us. Though it's a reception, we're just having party pies/sausage rolls/pasties, sandwiches, samosas, spring rolls, dim sims and mini meatballs - for $10p/h, am I really gonna complain?! We're not making it a big formal thing anyways!)
    * Invites, though we're still sending out the last few.
    * Wedding rings (organised them last night - see below)
    I THINK that's basically it.. We're probably gonna be getting a jukebox for the reception, but we're still looking around for that, organising cake sometime in the next week and DFs friend (and one of the groomsmen) works in a travel agency and is seeing what he can get us on a tight budget.. So far, all in all, I think we've spent ABOUT $2K on the wedding, but don't trust my judgement on that, I can't really remember what we need to still plan and still pay off!
    As for the house, we've not got much planned, we've gone through all the finance stuff, and before everything went downhill in the stock market, we were approved unconditionally anyway, so we're waiting until we hear about the slab going down, then we know we're on our way. We've done color selections, red-ish roof, cream/white bricks and everything is just going to look brilliant. We sat down the night before the pre-start interview (that's where we had to choose everything) until 2am deciding what we wanted, and when we came to a difinitive answer, we went to bed. The next day, we got there, and we basically had NOTHING we picked the night before! Probably because they were just not what we expected, and also some of the upgrades to the things in the file that we got were only between $10 - $100 and we didn't have to pay for it then and there.

Kirra - If he does propose, make sure it's a good one! He owes it to you! :P I still remember the day my DF proposed.. Ahh the memories!

Well, exactly three months until the wedding today! Got the rings fitted yesterday and actually bought them, we walked into one store, my DF heard his name being called out - and the manager of the store knew him! So we went from potentially spending $800-$1,000 on wedding rings/bands to spending $544! God I love knowing people in the business.. We're getting flowers for a good price because of his uncle owning a florist and us getting family discount, we're getting a discount on accomodation because we booked online and got a cheap rate that way, we're getting $100 knocked off the price of the reception venue because we know the grounds keeper through poker... Umm.. what else? Can't really think right now, but if I remember, I'll tell you! For now though, we've either gotta go out and do wedding cakes, or if we don't do that, I'm gonna be sitting down and reading a new book I bought last night.. Already almost 100 pages in too!
    I'm also still waiting to hear about my inheritence, but I'm not holding my breathe and happily waiting until I do. DF is really anxious because he thinks my uncle (who's the Executor Of The Will) is going to pinch the inheritence for himself.. But this uncle is DEFINIATELY not like that.. If anything, he's going to hurry and see if he can get things done quickly so he's looking after us. I keep telling my DF that if I don't hear anything, it's not to worry, alot of people don't recieve their money for sometimes, upto a year after the death. This will be the 2nd month, but my uncle told me that he's aiming for 3 - 4 months because he started to organise things for everyone in the will the day after my grand=dad died, just to help look after us all, which I think is great.
    Anyways, better head off. I hear DF standing somewhere tapping his foot and yelling 'Come on! I thought we were going to go!' Oh well, I can always read some of my book in the car :P

Liz- please dont leave, i havent been in here much lately myself and have posted a few times but havent had anyone address me. This is definately a younger couple thread. WOW 3months until your wedding.

Ali: congratulations on your BFP, hope it sticks.

HEY everyone

Bonham - I reckon that the countdown is going WAYYYYY too quick for me now! It's scary because I'm STILL not sure if everything is done!
    Hope your well and lil Sophie is doing well too

wow lizjessie, wedding plans are going well and all for so cheap. well done! my problem is i want the big princess wedding. but i spose you can always know someone and get certain things at good prices like you said.
    well we just got back from perth, it was my sisters 18th! funny party but i dropped my new phone in the toilet! so angry ive never done that before ive always been so good iwth my phones, shows what alcohol can do. lol
    im so annoyed, ive been bleeding for 3 months coz i bled the whole time i had the implanon in and then had it take out 2 weeks ago after like 2.5 months and im still bleeding. i asked the doctor if it was normal and she said it was and that she could put me on the pill and that might regulate it but we just want to fall pregnant so dont know when it will happen. if your body keeps producing eggs mine must be every week coz im bleeding all the time, do you think i can fall pregnant? sorry if its tmi but were still having sex coz its not heavy bleeding all the time.
    well im going to go to bed. hope you are all having a good weekend.
    take care x

Amy, I had implanon and it sucked. I had it in for 6 months, and 3 out of 4 weeks I was bleeding. It took a couple of months for my hormones to settle down again. the bottom 3 cycles on my FF page show how it affected my temps and therefore my cycle. 1ced1c Ovulation Charts

LJ, We did the friends and the mates rates thing. Our wedding was $3000. We were very lucky one of our friends was a professional wedding cake maker so the cake was one of the cheapest things. a friend had done a bit of floristry and she did my boquets with flowers a family friend of DH's grows professionally, and we used our neigbours car and some Avis rent-a-cars with family driving. our $3000 did not include our rings. rings were our personal budget, wedding was my Dad's budget.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast