Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Younger Couples Chat ~ July 2008

Kirra, I have a Bubzilla sling and DH has a Bubba Moe sling. We love using them. Em can sit on our hips while we push Sarah in the stroller. Slings are so easy to use too. Pop over to the babywearing section and check out the ones that people recommend.

kirra- i bought my sling on ebay for 15 dollars. i think it was a signle mum making them and it was her bussiness selling them on ebay and its was quite a nice one.
    nothing to say really, hi to everyone!
    xx

Thanks guys, i am def getting one its just which one. I shall go have a browse on ebay

Kirra- I have a peanut shell sling if you want to borrow it for a week or 2 when bubs is born to see if you likeit you're more than welcome to

hey girls,
    ive been very naughty, i just went shopping even though my account was over drawn!
    but i bought some really cute little summer outfits for maddie and a potty coz were going to get her used to the idea of a potty, putting her on when she wakes up and after she eats etc. my friend did that when her daughter was 12 months and she was toilet trained by 20 months!
    got her a place mat and some bowls and a few other little things.
    what have you all been upto?
    xx

rhyb Guest

Yay today was our first good day! Im feeling better and Aidens been great but my sisters let him eat chockie cake off the floor (they dropped it so he hoovered it ). Just wondering does anyone know where to get those little shell kiddie pools from?? I wanna get Aiden used to the water... Hope everyone's well

i think you get them from target or kmart or somewhere like that.
    or clark rubber has good kiddies pools.
    glad to hear it was a good day.

Hey Sal, how are things going? How's Maddison?
    My friend offered me a sling today actually, did you use the sling with maddi? Would it be suitable for b/f???

Rhyb- glad to hear things are better, im with amy on where to get the kiddie pools, i'd check out target for one first as they have a toy sale on this week (starts thursday)

Amy- You naughty girl you, its so hard not to buy stuff for them, they are guilt free buys cause they arent for you which makes it so much easier to spend money. lol.
    Trav and I are taking on one of Koshi's tip from sunrise this morn. We gonna write down absolutely everything we spend our money on for a whole month and figure out where we can cut back to save more. etc.etc. He doesnt think we should write down his herald suns, hes so cheeky. lol
    Hope everyone had a good day, i got told i was huge, several times. lol.
    I had lasagne for dinner and it was sooooo yum if i do say so myself. Now im all ready for bed, which is good cause im really tired now.
    Talk tomorrow

KiRRa

Good Afternoon

RE slings, I dont have one, I do have a carrier (like a backpack but wear on the front) and brendan doesn't mind that... but prefers to walk of course!

Today has been a reasonable day... not much happened really but still managed to spend heaps of money, bought a playpen to put around my comp to stop ratbag from turning it off Having some visitors tomorrow and then thursday getting my eyebrows waxed and eye lashes tinted... has been soooo long I look like a feral... nah not really I just feel feral!

My house looks untidy I just cant be bothered cleaning.

I'm making hamburgers for dinner, it's lovely and warm today!

I think everyone except for me went shopping yesterday. lol. We dont get paid til tonight anyway and then i have to pay the rego for my car which i never drive. Damn it.
    Sally- i know what ya mean about feeling ferrel, i have blonde hair (not natural of course) and the regrowth is real bad, got an app tomorrow to get my hair done and then a wax app on saturday in prep for the birth. Don't wanna look like a hairy monster. lol.
    As for the cleaning, i so need to vacume and mop the whole house, still gotta put the cot together (although there is no rush cause the basssinette is already prepaped) and then i gotta clean out alyssa's drawers, half the stuff in there is too small. lol.

Well puzzle play is on which means i can have my shower without alyssa bugging me to get in, hehe.

Chat later, hope you all have a good day.

oh puzzle play is a great show lol

Morning

I know it's a bit early, but I want to be organised. If no-one has any problems I'd like to arrange the christmas card swap for this year. Last year there was only a few of us, but it was cool to get some mail! LOL (yes i'm addicted to mail)

If you are interested please PM me

TA
    Have a great day!

LOL to you watching puzzle play Hollye, i hope you like it cause you'll be watching lots more kids shows now bubs is almost here. How you doing anyway??

I had playgroup today and we had 4 new mums. Was really good, They are 14, 17, and two about 22 i think. Was really annoyed at the child care worker there as she was being quite rude about the two youngest girls behind their backs. It really frustrates me, sure they didnt pick the ideal time in life to have kids but who cares as long as they love their kids and provide a safe nurturing enviroment does it really matter how old they are?? ARGGG, frustrates me.

Anyways my ribs are sore already from sitting at teh comp, gonna go have a lay down (if alyssa decided to be nice today).

Kirra it makes me sad when health care professionals and child care workers are like that Good on those girls and I hope they hold their heads high!

*ETA* for the christmas thing, PM me your name and Adress. When I have everyone I'll PM with Names and Addy's
    I think closes by say 14th Nov, gives everyone a chance to register their interest and then time for the postee's to post
    Last edited by Early Kids; October 8th, 2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: add text

Sorry I haven't posted on here lately, I've been at work!!! Josie is teething early so I've been dealing with her grizzles pretty much as soon as I get home and often she doesn't want to go to sleep either. It's been a trying few days.

Work is going well, I think I'm getting up to date with everything. The lady who was doing part of my job had to take leave suddenly because of her ill husband, so there is a lot that is still up in the air. But we're getting there!!

Hope you are all happy and well

Just sticking my head in, HELLO!

Kirra- Its that ladies own insercurities that make her *****. Its just a crying shame she cant see that these girls have gone through with this "mumming" though everyone would have been against them. Very sad ppl cant see the courage these girls have and the pride Just be happy in yourself you do and will raise your girls not to judge. I used to be the one to judge, I opened my mouth one week then found out I was pg the next hahaha I soon learnt not to judge

Emma- Work? i didn't know you were back at work? What do you do? How often? Hows your little princess? Im still loving the name josie!

Sally- Hows the TTC going?

Rhyb- Hey there Those shell pools you can get from clark rubber and places like that Also how old is Aiden? i started Annabelle at swimming at 6months and will never look back, VERY worth the $$$ she is proving to be a little fish!

Hello all other mummies Ill be back tomorrow and do more personals. Mwah!

rhyb Guest

Hey
    Mamakass- Aidens just shy of 4.5months. I kinda wanted to start him in swimming lessons early cz I have a (highly embarrassing and very noticeable) fear of swimming. I thought I could tackle that with him.

Kirra- All you can do is treat these girls with respect and hope other people follow your example. Its sad when this happens but human nature is to judge i guess.

Well today I took the plunge and got a tattoo!!! I love it to death its 'aiden' with a star at the end on the back of my neck. I was so nervous but Im so glad I was brave lol. Wow I sound like a dropkick huh? lol. Oh well. I start my new job next week it's just hungry jacks but hey its money. Im trying to move out of home but I need to find someone to live with that likes kids (herein lies my problem ) Hope everyone's well. Night.

ah good morning sweet ladies!! I havent been able to get on here to write a long message! been busy with work!! hehe yay! i really do love working. feeling very proud of myself for getting somewhere in life, iykwim.. im 21 and never held a proper job for references etc. i was getting scared of getting to an older age and not having any references or experience!.. sometimes i feel like a bit of an idiot but. like when i dont know things or get it wrong. but of course ive only been there 4 days... but still! guess im a little bit of a perfectionist. when my pay comes into ill be feeling very happy i think...

SO personals....

Amy! would ur dad really inherit you? probably not eh? my parents were ballistic when iw as pregnant with Shanelle. as my mum lives in Sydney i rang her thinking shed b excited! boy was i wrong, she was cryyiiinngg and ringing me off the hook! and i was on my way to my house to tell my dad and i got there and shed rung him already to tell him! so he was a bit u know weird n said he didnt think i should do it, but didnt push the subject. love my daddy... anyway mum still went nuts n said she wishes she was here to take me to a family planning clinic so i could "make the right choice". sometimes im glad shes in sydney!! they got over it though obviously! then the 2nd time around i told my nephew who was 8 at the time! and i went on a holiday, and he goes to my dad " Grandad.... not saying she is... but what would u say if Jess was having another baby? not saying she is though....." lol so then my brother told me he knew. but he didnt care! he was happy. and i texted my mum to tell her.. which is bad but meh! then because she was going stupid again i ignored her for a month or 2.....

anyway moral of my story! lmfao... is i guess once the initial thought has settled in he will be sweet! but i understand the not wanting to actual do the first bit!

Kirra- haha my internets went fast again yesterday!!! i had downloaded too much at the BEGINNING of the month!! so had to wait AGES for it to go fast again! i swear ill never do it again just because i had to listen to brendie whinging about it!.

and thats super sad about the worker picking on those girls! what right does she have? did u say anything to her about it? imagine if one of those girls over heard. Its very hard to be a young mum without discrimination. and theyve gone to a place so they can be just another mum, not just a young mum....

Sally - ooo ur getting some pampering today?? i suppose getting ur eyebrows ripped off isnt really pampering... lol.... yeah im also another blonde whos starting to get feral!! luckily my best friends my hair dresser! does my hair 4 freeeeeee... hehe.. shes freaking awesome! i have to black spots under my hair on the sides! i LOVE IT... often get called a skunk though! hah.... and whats a xmas card swap?

WOW i wrote alot lol....

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast