Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Younger members chat #3

Hun, I love that BB does not care about age. I've made sone amazing friends here, some close to twice my age I've been here two years, since I was 18 (now 21).

Heheh I didn't know there was a younger member part on bb! Very Cool.

I'm 23, have a beautiful ds who is 2 in a couple of weeks and got my BFP for number 2 star if the week after only 4 months trying.

Bb is great, I never never feel judged because I'm younger than some.

ebn_d your DS is 4 days younger then my DD
    its funny how dh and did everything backwards lol
    we had DS then moved out bought a house had DD & DS2 and maybe next year we will get married

Mummy of terrors- we both have birthdays coming up to organize then lol. yeah we didn't things somewhat backwards too, moved out, got engaged, bought a house, had ds, got married and now having Bub no 2. Lol. Kinda annoying that my older bro did it all the 'right' way so I look young and silly. Lol. Oh well it's our life and it has all felt right to me

i love that we did it backwards lol so our style

i admit our dream was to get married prior to children but DS was a big suprise! and as we were starting to plan our wedding DD came along
    then we discussed wedding again and decided to hold off as we wanted a 3rd
    so next dec would be lovely but see how finances are

im lucky my bestie is helping plan DD party so sad shes turning 2!

Think we are opting for a smallish party this year, so I'm happy wit that lol

Well I wanted to be married before kids, but as dh said, geting married doesn't really change much when it happens as we will be together forever but we wanted kids young and that would be affected by when. It was great for us, and got married early this year in a tiny ceremony with only immediate family and couldn't have been more perfect. Yet another thing we did differently lol

ive alwways wanted the BIG white wedding which DH doesnt lol but well see lol
    we decided once we found out DD was coming we would wait til she was old enough to be in the ceremony and now we will wait for DS2
    we didnt plan kids so young but i always wanted kids!
    the only thing ive always found hard was things like mother groups or playgroups as most of the mums are ALOT older and i feel left out
    if i didnt have my bestie whos the same age with 3 children i would feel so isolated so i guess im lucky for her

Yeah ds was 14 months at our wedding, walking around, an have a priceless pic of us saying our vows, and ds standing, looking up at me.
    Yeah I didn't join a mothers group for that reason, but my sis in law started a playgroup, and it's ok, I feel left out sometimes but ds loves it, so it's worth it.

thats good DS enjoys it

we shoulodnt feel left out but i do!

nothing beats the pr*ck of a dermatoligst DS1 had to see for his ecezma, DS1 was wiggling and squirming but the hold time i was focused on what the dr was saying and he says to me "can you contrate on 2 things at one???"
    i was like WHAT :O
    the whole consult he was quite rude to me and it felt like age thing as he spoke to me like i was a child!
    we never went back!

I wouldn't have either! I'm slowly getting over it and making sure ppl know it annoyed me.
    Dh did wonders for the image midwifes have of young couples lol. My whole hospital stay when I had ds I had middys coming in telling dh how wonderful the midwifes were saying he was etc etc etc. I was like, hello I was doing some amazing stuff too lol.

Yeah it felt like forever before DH and I got married. He had a HUGE fear of getting married so young and actually backed out on 2 of our weddings!! I know that sounds horrible and it is...we went to counseling for 3 months after the 2nd time and at the end of those 3 months..he married me happily and realized being young and married doesnt change anything. Now were expecting our 2nd in January and I couldn't be happier.

Small world ebn_d. Congratulations.

I'm a returning newbie (forgot my old user and re-joined a few months ago). It's a much quieter forum then I'm used to! I'm 21 with 3 kids under 4. It's been surprisingly easy. Luckily as DF's just started interstate work so I'm going to be having 2-3 day stints of just me and the kids. We're getting married next weekend (it has FLOWN at us.. can't believe how close it is!)

MummyOfTerrors - Only one of my friends has kids (and only recently) so I understand completely. We moved away from our home town early last year and I've made some lovely new friends in the area which has been lucky. Two of them have girls the same age as my eldest so it's been really good for her.

Better start the housework while the kids are occupied.

ive got 3 under 4 as well almost 3 under 3 but lucky for us bubba decided 37weeks was early enough
    ironically my back is screwed! causing alot of pain! yet if id been in my 30s my back would more likely be worse

but being a young mum has also given me another career thought.......id love to a mentor/counsileror to young/teen parents especially during pregnancy and the first year

ahh ypu know the most frustrating thing about being a young mum is the stereo type of young parents!
    my children are clean, spoilt and well cared for yet being a young mum i do feel out shopping i need to prove myself!
    especially when its just me and DS2 and people are shocked when i tell them ive got 2 more!

Our kids are very close in age! DD1 is 01/2008, DD2 is 11/2009 and DD3 is 07/2011.

I don't know if I've just been lucky but I've never had any of this young Mum judgement I hear so much about. I look a bit younger then I am aswell but 95% of people I've come across have been fantastic. I get a few WOW looks when I mention DD3 is my third. I was out the other day and DD3 was screaming and I was getting compliments on how composed I was, how calm I was etc. When I said it was my third, she laughed and said no wonder I wasn't in a panic.

DD2 is going through a Mummy's Girl phase and is bellowing. She should be asleep but it's Daddy's first night home in a few days so the girls don't want to go to bed. Better go wind them down!

Hey ladies, me and dh have pretty much decided that we want to relocate, the trouble is we have no idea where! We are looking at staying in Vic, just wonder if u lovely younger members of bb had any tips on places that are supportive of younger families? Any recommendations of good places would be a great help, we literally have nothing to even start with. We would prefer a town on the smallish side but really not too picky on many details, just wanting to start fresh, in a town with nice people.

Default Re: Younger members chat #3

Wow, this thread hadn't been used in over 2 years!
    Well, let's get it back up and running shall we?

I'm Kalina, I'm 21 with a 6.5yo DS and a 3.5yo DD. DF and I are currently TTC number 3 but have to wait until my cycles regulate after coming off BC.

How is everybody?

Default Re: Younger members chat #3

Hi Kalina! I'll jump in with you!
    I'm 22 with a 6yr old step daughter and I'm 4.5 months pregnant!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112