Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger members chat #3

Default Younger members chat #3

Continuing on from HERE

hello girls i just come across this ite wish i had found it earlier too, im 23 and have a DS who is almost 2.5 i was 20 when pregnant and turned 21 the day after giving birth, im now 23 and pregnant with number two so i will be 23 with 2 children

I got weird looks when pregnant with DS but it didnt really bother me as we (DP and i) were both happy about it as much as this one, we have been together for almost 8yrs...Its funny how when your young people look at you weirdly and just assume things but over all i had great family support and still do which makes things easier even though i do now live 4hrs away from them

Hope - i hear you on being younger then ones in your belly buddies group i kinda feel the same way that when i post they dont seem to care so would be great to talk to others around my age

HAHA!!! i was looking at the dates of last posts thinking, no-one probably worries about here now.!!
    MrsS i think ur in my belly buddies group, im sure youd think of the perfect way to hounor & celebrate.
    hope, this pregnancey has been full-on, witch makes me think its a girl... was never this full-on with the boys! dd on the other hand!! and talk about emotinal!! ive been crying at mostly everything i watch, and the boys cant do a thing right!
    well got to go, dfs back

Hello girls, i havent read the other posts but I'm 21 with a 2 month old and when i was pregnant i got bad looks and comments made to me by complete strangers. I have 3 close friends who have kids but the others who have bubs around my DDs are older and find i dont have anything in common with them. People are surprised when i say me and my dp have been together 6 years they do the math and work out i was 15 and then it gets rather awkward LOL

Often i feel that i get frowned upon on the choices i make as a parent because i am young. Ive had a few appts at MCHN and they asked if DD is my first and i say yes and they look relieved..

Just subbing to the new thread Been ages since I posted, hope everyone's well.

KM - i hear you on being with your DP since 15....I was 15 and my DP was 17 when we first got together and first bub after 5yrs which i think is pretty good!
    Being a young mum i believe nothing is wrong with it and u do things how you u want dont let others influence you as the saying goes "you learn from your mistakes" and i believe by that but there are alot of young ones who give us young mums a bad name which is hard but i guess in a way its just like bad drivers give every young driver a bad name kwim??? BUT being a mother is the most amazing experience and i wouldnt change it for the world and i cant wait to welcome my second bundle of joy

Thats it. We had our 6 year a month after she was born which everybody we know expected us to get pregnant right away, we were also given a month and here we are 6 years later with our first bub still as happy as the day we got together, i wont say day we met as i hated him LOL

And i like that i am a young mum, we want 3 kids (maybe more) but we want them spaced out so our next will be in abut 3 years time and the next a couple years later. And if we decide our family isn't complete i am still able to keep having more without any real issues getting into the way.

When my friends said being a mother is amazing i didnt know just how amazing it is. DP said after our bub was born she was placed on my chest and he said he has never seen me as happy as i was at that moment. The whole world shut out and it was just me and her. You never know love until you have a child.

thats a gorgeous saying "you never know love until you have a child" its the best feeling to ever experience!

I will have almost 3yrs between my 2 and i think it'll be a good age gap, we both have said 2 will be enough for now mayb when this second one hits school age we might have another but have never settled on how many we want!

before we got pregnant we always had ppl asking when the babies where coming, but we were happy the way we were and he come as a suprise but we wouldnt change it!

subscribing to the new thread

I nearly made some old nana faint the other (nothing against old people just the general too young to have kids blah blah) anyway heres me with my huge pregnant belly and my 5 year old she asks if claire was mine i said yes her jaw nearly hit the floor then she commented on the bump and asked if bump was number 2 i said no bump is number 4 and 5 - i think she nearly died!!
    Age doesnt determine how much or a bad/good mummy you are, if only some people realised that!
    How are we all?

Haha Nic classic! I can't wait to see your bump! Like I said, DF and I are planning a trip to Balla for the Pizza Hut bistro (LOL!) so we can meet up (and pigout) I'm good, still chugging along the ttc train. Have you told the girls about the twins? How did they react?

im dipping in here
    im 25, but hubby is 39 in a few weeks.. eeek he isn't happy lol
    we have 3 kids cody 10 (step son)
    tay 3 and miss M
    I want one more but we will wait a bit for her or him..

i get some weird look really when i walk around with cody, it helps that he has same skin complexion and freckles as me people dont question it really
    but they go wow you must of been young, and im like yeh. but im happy and have a loving husband and great suport
    i work and have my degree, so i haven't mssed out on anything as far as im concerned, now i have time to grow old with my kids and enjoy them and still be able to keep up when they have kids
    my parents are only 50 and very active, its great to have everyone able to do stuff and party

kawazuki- I had no idea that you were 25 and your DH is 39 (even though its in your sig i was still oblivious ) i see a lot of couples that the other half is older which is great. As most people would know my DP is 6 years older than me and we have faced some very judgemental people and found ourselves to be judged quite badly. Hes copped it all... cradel snatcher, pedo..etc and hes never cared he said why should age get in the way of love. People gave us 1 month they said i was going through a 'phase' and then when it lasted longer it was when i turn 18 i'll wake and go "what the hell am i thinking" and then when that didn't happen our friends stopped talking to us.... I was ruining my life, i wouldnt get to live like all of them (their idea of living is going out every weekend hooking up..) everyone assumed we would be one of 'those' couples that had children early not have a career and basically be welfare scum (as DP politely puts it) but here we are 6 years later, while yes our relationship isn't as strong as we would like but we have each other and we love our DD very much. We have just let things happen, we moved into our first place together 18 months ago and have a 2 month old bub and when she is 3/4 we are going to get married.

Thankfully now people don't see our age difference they assume i am his age and are shocked when i say i am 21. And no age doesn't have any affect on how you parent. I know of great teenage parents and not so great ones and the other way around.

hi ladies, just wanted to subscribe to this thread. Im 20 years old and expecting our baby boy any day now DP and i have been together for 3 years and still just as in love as the day we got together. people find it hard to believe when i tell them that this baby was planned!! i had a m/c in Nov last year with a whoops baby and after that DP and i just decided this was what we wanted to do and BAM feel pg on the first month of TTC. i do believe we are fairly mature for our age in comparison to our friends as majority of them are still living with their parents, but we have loans and bills and rent and things and we also live on the opposite side of Australia to our family (DP is in the air force) dont get me wrong i do enjoy getting out and having a few drinks with my friends but we just have different priorities than most people our age and i cant wait to be a mum. thankfully i havent really come across and prejudice or judgement regardin my age and everyone i talk to about including family and friends are all REALLY supportive and excited which is a huge help.

anyways im ranting. cant wait to get to know you all xx

my family were fine with it.
    his were a bit more oh wow ok..
    i think that was mainly because i was pregnant already(long story) technically the only child we have conceived together is DD2.. lol
    but Dh has been there since i was 10 weeks pregnant with DD1
    9/10 people dont even know.

my nan is 15 years younger than pop and he had kids to his first wife lol
    its like every second generation does the date the older guy with kids thing

KM you know your relationship is strong, it may not be exactly what you want, but what would life be like if everything was exactly how you wanted it?? lol

me and al have our ups and downs and mostly over Ds's behaviour and his attitude, because he thinks he can treat us how he wants and we wont kick him out to his mums, and when he wants to hurt us eh tells us he is gonna move out..

Raffy- Congratulations! Thats great about you and your partner. And 3 years is a good time together before kids, you both have grown to love one another and have the same values and goals in life which is great. Some people have a problem with younger couples planning a family. While DD techinically wasn't planned as we wanted to start TTC april this year but if it happened it happened we didn't try and avoid it. We had some not nice things said to us but we celebrated our 6 year a month after she was born. I just shrug my shoulders and say its too late now

And yes life would be very boring if it all went to plan and i got everything i wanted (sometimes it would be nice) but iv grown up to work hard for the things i want. My sisters are always saying to me i live the perfect life... HAHAHAHAHA... ohhhh boy do they make me laugh, they see my relationship for what it is not how hard its taken us to get where we are. But DD is helping us to appreciate each other a bit more.

just popping in to sub to new thread im turning 25 in a few weeks dh is 24 together when he was 16 i was 17 engaged 3 weeks later lol together almost 8 years married over 5 ttc #5 prob late next year

kel i knew lol

MrsS i get the same thing, dont you hate when ppl walk past and have to say"dont you have your hands full" grrrrr even when everyone is being good

Hey ladies!! 23 here with 2, DSD (5) & our gorgeous DD who was born August 1st

We are pretty lucky in that we've had no funny looks, just everyone assumes she was an accident which she wasnt she took us 18 months to get!!

DP is 25 and we've lived together pretty much since the begining of our relationship, which works for us

I see a few familiar faces in here, looking forward to getting to know the rest of you

Serenity, how is Serenity (lol)? She must be almost 1 now Man I remember when she was born, feels like yesterday!!

For those of you who don't know me, I'm 20, DF is 20 in December. We've been TTC for 20 months now. Had 4 miscarriages in that time. Like many of you, I find it hard to relate to my old friends, especially when they all live at home etc, while we've begun saving for IVF, which we'll start in May next year. It's hard, getting comments from the people who do know about our journey, saying we're too young, or we don't deserve it. We've had over 20 months to prepare and get ready for children, there will be no surprises or issues for DF and I when bubs arrives. Hopefully we'll conceive a sticky bub before May though.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast