Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Younger members chat #3

lol serenity, yes you knew...

we are about to move 2000km away from all our supports and family to mackay.
    so it will be interesting to see what reception we get there

lots of miners in the area..
    i may even become one of them

hi all!!

i havent subbed yet to this thread, TBH, i didnt even realise the other one closed! lol.. i did that with my belly buddies group too, think my baby brain has well and truly kicked in! lol

i dont think ill be able to reply to everyones threads... but to you all! i see some names i recognise from different threads and such, but yeh lol.

DH and i have known eachother for nearly 6 years, but we've been together 5 years on Monday! so i was 14, nearly 15 when we got together, and he was 17 nearly 18. i know i got a few people saying "oh you're so young" and its a phase thing. but i didnt let it bother me, i thought whatever happens, happens, if it lasts great! if not, well ill deal with it when it comes, and here i am 5 years later! lol

its so nice to see so many people in the same situation as i am its nice to SEE im not the only one, rather than just knowing it, but not being able to talk to many others.

im finally 20 weeks! (well, over it now, so even better!)
    im really hoping i wont last ALL through summer, as im due 11/2, so ill be going thru Dec, Jan AND half of feb with a massive belly!! so im secretly praying ill get a break and go early lol.

LOL at MrsS with the nana and you saying its bub 4 & 5! lol!! i love that whole shock factor thing.. gives me a good laugh every time

kailey's mummy - people always think DH & i are the same age! then i tell them im still 19, and hes 22 and their jaws drop and say "and you're already married?!" so im used to that lol. but i dont let it bother me. we know we're ready for kids and marriage etc. and personally, i think younger mums have it abit better over older ones, as i found we can relate easier to the child/ren AND have more energy to be running around after them, and getting up at all hours too without it being completely draining, as most older mums find it tends to do (not all, but alot)

miztqie - glad to hear im not the only one feeling left out of the Bellybuddies group.. we should start our own one for younger mums! lol!

well, thats the only posts i can see that i can respond to atm, so ill check back on some more and post again later..

Ciao all!

Hey ladies
    I just realised this thread even exisited. How slow am I?!
    I'm 25, not too sure if that could be considered "young", but I definately feel like a 'young mum'.
    I'm the only one out of my IRL friends with babies. All of my friends who I have met through playgroups are all older than me.
    Sometimes I feel like I did things too early.... Don't get me wrong, I love my life, but I still occasionally have those thoughts.

I have two beautiful kids, DS 10months, DD almost 3

Look forward to getting to know you all

Kawazuki - I'm a Mackay gal too

Am I too much of an oldie for this thread? I'm 24 and still getting used to it... Yuck, 24

I live in an area where there's a lot of "whoopsie" babies to young parents, so depending on what you might count as a friend, I either have a lot of "friends" with kids they never wanted, or actual close real friends who are nowhere near wanting kids*. Hooray for me I've known I wanted to be a mum since forever. It was never a decision I had to think of. I almost had a whoopsie in year 12 (condom broke ) and we'd have kept it, but I think I may have m/ced. I don't really count that, though, because I never knew for sure. We were going to wait until we were married to actually ttc, but we got a little ahead of ourselves and found out I was pregnant with Ianto exactly one month before the wedding We'd been lax with protection for about two months at that point, not telling anyone...

I really look forward to having a bub I can look after properly, and hopefully making some real-life mummy friends that wanted their kids... Wow, that sounded bad. I mean people who don't resent their kids for taking away what they thought was meant to be their partying years. I don't doubt my "friends" love their kids, but I hate knowing that their parents resent them just for existing...

*Actually, Scott's bestie admitted to me the other day that earlier this year he'd decided he did want kids now... It's just too bad he realised that on the day he walked in on his wife having sex with someone else. Apparently now Cookie is going to have a very doting "uncle"

hey peeps i was a member of this group yonks ago thought i would join back in

just a background im 23 and DH is 27 we have one DS who is 16 months and a new baby due in 24 days

got married in dec 08 after 8 months of being together at 18 weeks preg lol we werent expecting to get preg so soon but we decided before we started trying that we would get married if i got preg and here we are

wow telly tubby, we will have to have coffee one day when we finally get up there lol

silly ergon is taking its time to sign the papers..

hi everyone! hope your all going along well.

Mizqtie, thats what we said about no3! were now expecting no 4 and eldset starts primary next year! df origonaly asked me when ds1 was 2 weeks old if we could have another, my reply was get back to me when he turns one, on his first birthday we were already one month along with ds2, decided no 3 when both boys aere in school, and look were we are at now! i feel this is no last, hes not sure...men!!
    MrsS, yep i hear you loud and clear!! its at the point, i say, there mine, no 4 on the way" then walk away befor they have a chance to think of another question!
    Kawazuki, thats the way i see it, have them while your young, then you can enjoy life and give them the best of your years.
    Kaileys mummy, i here you with people judging the relationship, i fell for my best friends older brother (tho he is 4 months younger then me!) didnt admit it at first, but my friend was over the moon when she realized we liked each other! there mum, not so much, she would constantly say "not long hell bash you like his dad did to me, just wait" just over 6 years later, only major fights is little tiffs about housework! dont wory as your daughter grows, so will your relationship!
    Raffy, we feel the same compared to our friends, the ones from school are all partying and drinking, the ones that dont live at home always complain about blowing there rent money the weekend befor. the onse we get along best with are in there 30's with kids the same age as ds1
    pumpkin zulu, keeping my fingers crossed for you! *sticky vibes*
    Tenibear, my ds1 was a whoopsie baby, but we love him, and he is the reason both our heads are screwed on right now! looking at some old "friends" now, dont want to think what we would have been like with out him! i could never resent any of my children, planed or otherwise, no idea how anyone could, they didnt ask to be brought here, we brought them here with our choises and decisions we made! personaly i wouldnt have it anyother way! no maybes either!! i think its better he found out about his wife when he made the decission instead of later down the track, could have been a whole other sort of mess.
    that turned out long as!! realy need to learn to find fewer words....
    we got a new fridge today! YAY!! no more walking out to the garage everytime i need the fridge!! (mine was to big to get inside)

Hey Ladies, I am turning 25 next month and have 2 DS's Calin 2.5 and Lennox 6 months. I have been with my partner for nearly 10 years and he is my 1 and only. We met when we were 15. We fell pregnant at 16 but I had a miscarriage.
    Then in 2006 we lost our son Phoenix. Now we are very lucky to have our 2 boys.
    I felt like I would never turn 21 but now I am nearly 25!
    Can't wait to get to know you all!

Hey Tenibear I've got a couple of people I know from school, they all seemed to have 'whoopsie' babies also. I remember on my last day of uni, telling another student how I had no intentions to start work, but every intention to begin a family... Its something I have always wanted too I've had the comment "don't you own a TV?". Which really offended me. Both of my babies were very much planned, and in no way a 'whoopsie'. Some people need to keep their mouth shut! I remember reading your story on Ianto a while ago.. it made me sad, and I'm so sorry for your loss You're an inspiring woman. Can't wait to hear of the safe arrival of Ianto's sibling

Kawazuki Does your hubby work for ergon? Or is he in the mines? Seems like everyone has something to do with the mines these days, including us Definately keen for a coffee one day. When do you move here?

Sarah - Yipee on the fridge!

I seem like an oldie reading everyone's age!! haha

Deedles love your babies names. Very unique
    Kaileys mum, love your daughters name too My DDs is pronounced the same, but spelt Kaili

since i was 14 i wanted a torago and 6 kids so im well on the way

PZ if anyone deserves kids its you, you are such a wonderful person and teni i bet Ianto is taking good care of his baby brother or sister

Hey tellyxxx

My first bub was planned sort of i was trying then gave up then it happened, #2 i was thinking of it then found out, #3 did the opk i had lying around which said i was bout to O so though what the hell and #4 i was ttc on her so temp, charts and everything and who knows for the next would love 2 more girls,my boys are climbersandjust hardwork getting into everything but my girls are lovely

Wow soo much to catch up on

Welcome PZ! I feel for you hun on your TTC journey its a rough ride but hold on there is always hope! xoxo NEVER Listen to people who tell you that you don't deserve something when you know in your OWN heart you would do the best job you could ever do!!!

MrsS- at the nanna and numbers 4 & 5!! would have been great to have seen it
    of course age doesn't matter i know a almost 40yr old who has 8 kids and doesnt deserve them as ive seen some horrible stuff, but on the other hand i know a 21yr old pregnant with her 3rd who doesnt deserve them either so of course age doesnt make you a good or bad mummy....It's all in your heart

Kawazuki- welcome, glad to have you join us!
    thats lovely you accept your dss as yours u choose to marry your hubby u accept his previous children too, i know a 26yr old who's DP
    has 4 children to his ex and she has 1 to him, and those poor step children get treated like crap she has even now just stopped him from continuing on with court fighting for them from their mother that really upsets me they are a package!

Raffy- welcome to you as well!
    i'll be looking forward to your BA how exciting being a first time mummy, i understand completely where ur coming from although it took DP and I alot longer then you to concieve, it took us 4yrs our first pregnancy ever (that we knew about) ended in a M/C, a month later i was pregnant again so our DS wasnt an whoopsie he was planned but didnt exspect it to happen so quickly after a m/c.....How exciting to have a baby boy they are just as handsome and loving as a little girl
    The age thing ive lost contact with alot of people cause we wanted a family and they didnt and as far as im concerned a family is much much much more enjoyable then going out getting drunk and wasting money basically, my only friends now are basically women alot older then me too i have a few friends with children who are my age but not many most are older

After 8yrs DP and I still have our ups and downs but exactly as Kawazuki mentioned what would life be like if everything went our way, and as much as we whinge about our DP's/DH's we still manage to stick by them (as much as sometimes i get very frustrated with him and yep mainly over HOUSEWORK haha)

Welcome Serenity and Ammaki!!! Glad you come to join us
    Havent mentioned this before but i look forward to getting to know everyone better and it helps having others around my age!

Tellytubby- welcome and i feel the same way sometimes about thinking how my life would be different without my DS but you know i would NEVER change my life again and even if i could re-live my life over i would have my DS at the same age, YES it was hard but he is now my life he makes it worthwhile waking up everyday to see a smile on his face and tell me "Good Morning Mummy" when he wakes me up!

Teni- Welcome!!! whoopsie babies frustrate me especially when the mother puts them up for adoption or simply has the baby but doesnt look after it the best way they could there is something called "protection" for a damn reason!
    You are going to make a wonderful mum, and look forward to hearing about your BA!

Sarah- Men ahuh i hear you on that one lol he tell's me one day we will have a 3rd then the next week it might be nope 2 is enough! So we shall see im kinda betting i end up pregnant not long after this one is born simply cause i dont want to stuff around with contraception it screws wit my body and i've told DP he will wear a condom and he says like hell i dont like them haha so we shall wait and see once this ones born though!!!
    And YAY for the fridge its always exciting to get something new, i just got a new car yesturday!! Spend all day just thinking of things i needed down the road for an excuse to drive it :rolf: im such an idiot! hehe

Deedles- welcome and looking forward to get to know you too!
    Congrats on finally having 2 little boys, how do you find being the only girl amongst all your boys lol give me some hints please hehe

Oh dear im going to find hard to keep up with us all now LOL! ooops i was trying to copy my msg "incase" it decided not to post and i didnt have to retype it all, WELL it went the next page and come up with an error im like OH NO ive lost it, luckily it was ONLY telling me i've used too many smilies LOL

I really hope I haven't offended anyone with what I said, by the way. I just get frustrated at these people I know who are always handing their kids off to their mums to go out partying every single weekend. I understand you need to get out, but seriously, if you're gonna get a babysitter, why not me? :p

I got all excited today because I was allowed to change a friend's son's nappy Turns out I still need to get over my fear of pooey nappies, but i think I did an okay job. I suppose it'll be different with my own, too.

teni, wasnt offended, just thought id let you know my first and current pg were whoopsies, but not regreted or resented at all! and yes your own babys poopy nappys are compleatly different! untill they hit 3 and still want to go in a nappy, then it is discusting, but were working on that.

sorry if my bad spelling annoys anyone!

Teni- you havent offended me and i hope with what i said i havent offended anyone either! I totally agree with what your saying teni and especially parents who have children JUST for extra money :| why bother doing that
    Pooey nappies get easier when they are your own but may i say even sometimes with your own they can smell really bad and u question how u handle it LOL

Sarah - spelling pfft mine would be horrible if i didnt keep re-reading it after ive typed lol cause i type too fast i make mistakes haha
    I hear the pooey nappy thing, my son is 2.5 almost and we are toile ttraining oh what fun that is im ready to rip my hair out lol tonight he pood in the batj and went nuts screaming over it poor little man!!

I remember the first time I changed DD's nappy. It was in the hospital (obviously), and I felt sooo awkward, because it felt like a game.. Like I was being silly, and playing 'mums and babies' game. I know that sounds crazy. I guess it hadn't 'clicked' yet. Was all too surreal Now I could do it with my eyes shut And yes, it's definately different when it's your own. Especially the newborn nappys - those poo's are far from gross (bf babies). They don't smell or anything!! Once they start solids tho...... geeze!!! haha!

Hi Miztqie (i spelt that wrong... didn't i?? lolz) Thanks for the warm welcome. Argh I hate it when the internet chews up your post and you have to start again. I also get a little too excited with the smilies and have to do some editing, haha.

Serenity - You're such a fab mum. Soo much patience, I really don't know how you do it! I can see you with 6 kids, and i really envy you I would love a big family, but just don't think I could handle anymore.. You nevr know what the future holds i guess

wow so much to catch up on

Mizqtie - thanks for the welcome sorry to hear it took so long for you to concieve, i can imagine how frustrating that would have been, and also sorry about ur m/c. but glad you finally got ur sticky bub, and so quickly as well i to tend to have friends that are older than me due to where im at in my life. but i cant complain, they are great and help me out loads and all the other "friends" have fallen by the waistside which im fine with. amen regarding DPs, especially about the housework

and i wasnt offended by anyones posts. each entitled to their own opinions and generally i tend to agree that there are people out there with babies that either resent them or leave them with people so they can go party which isnt fair as alot of couples ttc for years and spend alot of money to get a baby yet its so easy for undeserving people. and then there is also all the whoops babies (that majority of us have) but we love and support and look after our babies like we should iykwim??

AFM - im a little bit excited, i lost my plug today, so at least i know things are happening. hopefully quickly getting loads of BHs and abdo/lower back pain. come on babyyyyy

OMG raffy!! Good luck with everything!! Can't wait to hear your BA

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast