Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Large Families - July/August 2005

Yvette... we have ducted heating and ducted evap. cooling throughout the house and I wouldn't have it any other way!!! House is always toasty in the winter and cool in the summer, well worth the money I say!

How is everyone else???

Jan xx

Just calling in to say hi,and hope everyone is well,i will reply to seperate posts later,i am just on my way round to a friends house to have tea and stuff...I have had heaps of family dramas here,and relationship ones too!!
    Congrats to Vanita,and also to the newly pregnant ladies,it is great for all of you to be adding to your lovely families...
    Anyway gotta go my friend will be wondering what has happened to me,have a great evening everyone,i wil post later tonight!!

Good to see you back Suzie, have a nice dinner, and we'll catch up soon.

Jan- I so wish we had ducted heating and cooling. Can't quite stretch the budget though, maybe in our next house LOL, whenever that is. We have a gas wall furnace and a electric panel heater and they do a pretty good job actually, plus the dryer heats the house. I knew I needed it for something.

better keep moving cos I am really tired tonight and planning on an early night.

See ya michelle

Just a quick pop in to say hi. I'm still here, can't get rid of me that easily LOL!
    Well isn't it a ^&$%@* having a larger family when you all get sick! We have had 2 or more people constantly sick with coughs and colds etc for the last 2ish weeks. It all started off innocent enough the WHAMMO! It was like a never ending revolving door. My hankie bucket was almost as big as my nappy one!
    Well, heading off to get some well earned sleep. Thought I'd better take the chance to pop in while I could 8-[

Just added Dion to the front page & Tiff's twins as well.

Lisa & Jan, please let me know if you want your details added too...

Name: Jan (penty)
    State: Vic
    Children: Jesse 11, Bryson 7, Caleb 5, Lachlan 2,and bubba due March
    Pets: Tonka (cat) Shaggy(dog)
    Interests: scrapbooking, reading, photography,my kids, food especially savoury nibblies!!!

Well there we are Sarah i have filled in the gaps!! Could you please add my details???Thanks!

mum5boyz I know how you feel!! Lachie has croup and caleb and Bryson have nasty coughs...steamer on all night in their rooms, up and down like a yo yo wait a minute that sounds familiar...oh yes just like when you have a new bubba! Must be getting me back into practice!!

Michelle Well there is hope...we never had it in the old house and now I wonder how I ever put up with it.. We only had 1 gas heater in the lounge at the old house and ran column heaters in the kids rooms all night in the winter.During the day I would never leave the lounge cause it was just too cold....

Hope everyone else has a good day!!!

Jan xx

Ok back now to call in and say a proper hi to everyone.... Welcome Jan,i havent seen you here before,i hope you are having a lovely pregnancy so far...
    Mum5boyz,i so know how you feel,we have had the rotaion of sickness round our house the last 2 weeks because one of my friends who was staying here had her little girl sick,so everyone has got it apart from dh,wouldnt you just know it lol!!
    Michelle,did you get your early night?? I hope so,i wouldnt know what one of them was anymore...
    I know how everyone feels about trying to heat the house,i am having the same problems here....
    Might be moving soon though,my lease runs out on the 5th August,and my friend is moving soon after that,so i only have to make the decision to move now...
    Had a few problems here with dh,not sure what is happening there yet,but maybe the outcome wont be good....*sigh* just when you think everything is going ok,something drops on you like a bomb!! LOL!!
    Had a breast infection and a white spot/blister on my BB so we have had some problems with feeding,and now as a result we are having formula topups and i am pumping still for him...
    Hope everyone else is well and happy...

What I hate when everyone gets sick at the same time, is the cost IYKWIM, you seem to be at the drs every day, and by the time you've bought antibiotics for everyone, as well as cough lollies, and panadol etc, there goes the bank account!!!

Will catch up properly soon.

Love to all

Suzie so sorry to hear you are having relationship probs, sometimes things look very dark don't they, things were like that here early in the year but they have improved with very serious discusion. Hope it works out the way you hope. And bugger about the infection.

Vanita- hope things are settling for you, bet the girls can't keep their hands off Dion LOL.

Best wishes Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Hi gang.

How are you feeling Jan? Lol @ sick kids getting you in practice for the new bub.

Suzie hope your dramas sort themselves out soon. & your outcome is a good one whatever it is. I’ve been through a bad dose of mastitis with my first baby, so I know what you’re going through there. Have you felt like you’ve got the flu with it? I managed to just keep feeding through it.

Hi Nat, hope your lot are all feeling better by now.

Vanita ikwym about cost of illness. We get pensioner prescriptions of course, & I don’t remember the last time anyone needed antibiotics anyway, but just the Demazin/Dimetapp, tissues, paracetamol/ibuprofen, etc etc really adds up. Can’t wait to see Dion.

Michelle how are you going love?

Our new cat Charlie is settled in now & best buddies with Coco. Still only 3 kids in this house, but not for much longer. Soon there will b 7 of us plus 3 pets & I think it will be lovely! Angus has already brought so much extra love into the house. The kids were not too sure what to think when I announced my last pregnancy, but now they adore him & I can’t imagine being without him. We’re all so looking forward to the new babies arriving, and all the extra chaos that will come with them. I think I’m decided though that this will be my last pregnancy.

Oh Yvette- I was sure yuo guys would go again!LOL I don't blame you for feeling done, it must be hard with 2 big girls in there! And the chances of twins again, how would that be? Or maybe the next would be triplets, now that's a sobering thout, you'd have to buy a school bus!LOL. Seriously though glad things are good, except the hips and ligaments. You are doing so well! Not long now, the excitiment is building. I have been telling people for the last few days how big your girls are cos I am so amazed.

hello to everyone else

Hope you are feeling ok jan and Tiff too, with the twinnies!

Susie- hope things are better for you and the mastitis cleared up, I had it too once and it was terrible

Hello to our newest mUmmy Vanita- you just got a life didn't you? One surrounded by baby and other children but one nevertheless.LOL So glad Dion is doing well and you are getting out and about.

As for me things are good, busy, hectic, tiring but good. Gotta go to bed though cos I have shopping to do tomorrow, what do you buy the Dad who has everything and is 55 yold.

Oh well should have asked sooner for ideas, cos the big day is tomorrow.

have a good one everybody
    Cheers Michelle

Been very quiet in here, maybe with so many kids we just don't get enough time to get together LOL. I have had 5 sickies in my house, as some of you may already know, Jordan did go to school tomorrow but was very quiet this arvo so I will prob not wake her tomorrow, give them the weekend to get better and they can all go back next week.

I am off to QLD to see my sis on Thurs and really looking forward to it.

Catch up soon
    Michelle

hishersandours Guest

Hi girls, just wanted to pop in and say hi, and see how your all going......Sounds like there has been a fair bit of sickness around.....Hope everyone's kiddies and drained bank accounts get better soon...

Michelle- If I dont talk to you before you go, have a great time in Q'ld with your sis......

Vanita- wow and congrats on baby Dion....How's he doing?

Take care everyone.....

Lisa xx

Hey Lisa, good to see you here. 16 weeks already, that goes quick, well for the unpregnant one it does LOL.

thanks for that too, I'm sure it will be good, but I am already knowing that I will miss the kids. Oh well we need to do these things for sanity sometimes I think.

CHeers Michelle

hishersandours Guest

I feel like I've been pg for about a year now Michelle.....lol.....It's probably not going that slow...

As for your trip, just enjoy it, trust me an hour after you get home with the kids, you'll feel like you haven't been away at all, so make the most of it...

Hope your all doing well, and this nasty flu hasn't hit too many of you or your kids.....I have Matt and Tim home from school today with the dreaded flu now...I'm keeping my distance as much as possible, it's the last thing I want after looking at them and hearing them cough ect..

xx

tiggy Guest

Hi girls,

Just thought I'd pop in and see how you are all going.

Things are going good here. We changed the kids school (to a private one uggh but the choice is fairly limited out here). They are loving it and me too. David painted the nursery on the weekend, which for me was a very big step, having felt as though I only just pulled down William's nursery.
    But he is into PMA (positive mental attitude) and pushing forward, getting things done for the babies, so if it helps him then I guess it's ok. We bought a double pram, just waiting now to find out what sex these babies are. I think the last time I posted we were all off to Tassie for a 'holiday'. I say that now in the lightest of terms because it was no picnic and I would not suggest it for a family vacation. My kids fought and bickered all the way around the apple isle and I think David's and my holiday started when we got home!!! LOL! Next time we are going to the beach to languish.

We are looking at buying a new car at the moment. We are wanting to get a transit but everyone says we should get a commuter van. Whatever, we need to get it before I finish work. I'm just trying to imagine driving a 12 seater!

hi

wow, its so exciting to find some others like me

my name is Kristi, im 27, live in WA and i have 4 children and 1 on the way.

its not often that i find many others with as many kiddies as i have, they all think im mad LOL.

i LOVE having so many kids, wouldnt have it any other way

i look forward to getting to know you all

can someone please add my details thanks

Name: Kristi (Kristi14)
    State: WA
    Children: Ebonee (5), Lucca (4), Sapphire (2), Briella (6 1/2 months), Baby due Feb 2006
    Pets: No pets in this house.........................yet
    Interests: Scrapbooking

Wow.... when the bugs hit , the bugs hit!!!
    Well I feel tired , m/s is a very blah part of pg... any way enough winging from me...How everyone else doing???
    Don't really have much news atm,rellies are gone home and I am trying to find a way past the tiredness and the queasies...

Jan xx

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast