Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #1

Hi Marg, Haven't seen you for a while. that is a shame that you feel your clinic are not helping you as much as your cousin. How long before you lose the 10kgs do you think? Did the clinic mention anything about how you would find the donor embryos. sorry lots of questions. - I am just interested as it is so much harder for singles but you have the same feelings as those of us with partners.

Puddles, great to hear from someone who has been there, done that. You are right, alot of people don't get the donor egg thing but more and more people seem to becoming aware.

Lulu, hope the 2ww is not driving you mad.

Hi Mel and thanks for dropping by. Call back any time
    How are you Lulu? I always find the first week of the 2ww the best part of the whole cycle. Hope you're staying sane.
    as it is so much harder for singles but you have the same feelings as those of us with partners.
    you have me puddlin' up here Anney.

Hi Guys,

You know..I am staying sane right now - thanks! I know this may not be a great attitude to have, but there are not a lot of people out there who have had success 1st time round, so I guess I am not holding out too much hope '1st time round'. Sure I want it .. but am not sure that odds are in my favour 1st full try.
    Does that kind of make sense?
    (oh but dont think I am totally negative..I have those preg tests ready and waiting for next week..)

Lulu

Hey Lulu,
    Being pessimistic about the first time is a good protection mechanism but I got pg. on my first IVF attempt (unfortunately had a m/c at 10 weeks) and Melbo, who posted earlier got her little William from her first go. So it does happen, but of course it can take many cycles too. My sister and her DH are on their 3rd full stimulation cycle at present and only doing IVF because he has had the snip, so in theory they should have had success by now but no go unfortunately. You just can't predict. Hope those sticks give you a pleasant surprise.

I hear ya Anney...
    I guess I have to be even more protective of myself then some others as I am doing it alone..
    I guess we'll just wait and see..
    I know I shouldnt - but what day do you ladies usually start testing??

Lulu

Hi Lulu
    Doing this alone does add another level to things. But, we're all here to support each other.
    Pee Sticks Are Evil....step away from the pee stick and nobody will get hurt
    Seriously, it depends on what kind of post transfer support you're on. If you're shooting up Pregnyl - don't bother with a HPT!
    If you're on crinone/pessaries, I know some ladies have tested as early as 10DPO and had a +ve while for others, doing a HPT on or even after the day of beta has shown a -ve....even when their beta was +ve.
    See, pee sticks..... = evil

you are too funny SuzyQ....
    come on - didnt you try??? hmmm??? how does one not??

Lulu

Hi everyone,

I feel so happy that one of my new year wishes came true!! I've been looking to find a forum for those concerned with donor conception.

Very quickly - my DH is azoospermic - found this out in 2000. We went with IUI with an unknown donor at the beginning of 2005, and again in June, with no pregnancy. We were just about to start again after I had my gallbladder removed. Two big things happened within a day: a good friend offered to donate, then when we went to check our options, our clinic informed us that they had ran out of donors. So now we're in a waiting game while our friend goes through the process.

Good luck to everyone - hope to hear from you soon!

What a great thread, just came across it accidently and am glad that BellyBelly are responding to this largely unknown and but surprisingly well used form of conception.

My story

Hi my name is Ursula and 7.5 years ago gave birth to my son. My son was conceived using known donor sperm and have currently been TTCing for a couple of years using the same known donor. I am in a same-sex relationship and were fortunate to have a close friend offer his sperm and within 4 months of at-home inseminations were able to conceive our DS. Had a difficult pregnancy developed pre-eclampsia and since have suffered from high blood pressure and weight gain. Since diagnosed with PCOS am seeing a gynie/ob for hormonal management but still doing at-home inseminations with no luck at present.

I would just like to wish everyone the best of luck - you go Lulu girl in your TWW, hope you travel with little stress and a BFP result at the end. Gargy best of luck with you and DH for when the wait is over.

Hi Ursula,

Thanks for your good wishes...and right back at you.
    I also did 2mths of known donor self insemination. We were so keen - he came running to my place or I went running to his for 7days over ovulating period. Sadly it didnt work and am sure it was due to my age (41). Anyway, he is now in the deep freeze at the IVF clinic and is only ready to go in April. He took so long to decide if he wanted to do this and also had to come of some prescribed drugs. Any donor sperm (known or otherwise) has to be frozen and re-tested after 6mths.
    I am currently using unknown sperm (not my first choice) was waitlisted for sometime and cant afford to keep waiting as every month that passes now is crucial.
    So good luck to you...hope it works.
    Me, I'm sweating it out at 7more days to wait..

best..Lulu

Good luck Lulu - have my fingers crossed for you. I could never resist the call of the HPT! Even with the IVF drugs etc, I never got that extra line unfortunately.

Also sending lots of positive vibes your way Ursula.

Gargy - hope things work out for you and DH.

Suzi - pee sticks! LOL!!!

Hi Anney - the way I'm going at the moment it will probably be another 12 months before I get rid of this last 10kg! I've lost the 3kg I put on after my last IVF attempt in July06 (when I should have been losing!) but can't budge past that now - so still have 10kg to lose. The frustrating thing is that I have actually gone down a dress size over the last couple of months but the scales are hardly budging. AAARRRGGHHH!!!

I don't really know the exact details around the donor embryos but the clinic seemed to think they might have some available this year and that I could go on their waiting list. There is still a lot of paperwork, appointments etc to go through but it sounded like I wouldn't have to go looking for a donor myself (only if they had some available). I'm going to check it out further in the next couple of months.

Marg

Hi Ursula and Gargy
    Hang in there Lulu - you're on the downhill run now.
    Marg - start that ball rolling!!!

Beccababe Guest

Hi

We found out last year that my Husband has no sperm. We were told that we had to find a known sperm donor to be able to have a child, this isn't an option for us. We would like to use an anonymous donor and have found a sperm bank in the USA and have found out how to get it to Australia.

We are at a point where we are trying to find a FS who will use the anonymous donor in Sydney.

Can anyone help us, or know of any other way we will be able to fulfill our dream of having children while we are still young.

Thank you

Hi Bec
    You may find something if you google something like Fertility First or Ann/e Clark/e. Try Hurstville.

Beccababe Guest

Thanks SuziQ

I have e-mailed them and am waiting for a reply to see if they can help us.

Will keep you posted.

Bec

Hi Bec,

I also went down this road when I started.
    Here's the thing...the law in NSW states that any donor must be willing to have their identity revealed when the child turns 18. SuzyQ was right, contact Fertility First. This is one of the very few clinics in NSW that imports sperm from the States. IVF Aust does not. But..the sperm donor still has to be 'known'. There are many sperm banks in the States. Several of them carry both known and unknown donors. Anne usually as some one reserve..but should you choose to pick your own and bring it in, she will use this as long as it is known.
    If you are willing to go on a waitlist, IVF Australia does keep one, and it takes areound 6mths to a year to get to the top.
    I know it's so frustrating to go thru..so best of luck..Lulu

Unhappy having an obsessive day!

Hi girls,
    thought I would just come in here and post to see if I can clear my head at all. Most days I can forget about the TTC thing and just think what will happen, will happen. We are advertising for a donor and still trying ourselves but there is absolutely nothing I can do at my age to help anything along. Most days that is fine. But some days I am just so obsessed with not being able to give up and wanting another child that I cannot think about or do anything else. today is one of those days. so far I have been on the internet on BB and AED just looking at what is going on and eating! I cannot seem to get motivated to do anything else. anyone else have those days?

I cannot seem to get motivated to do anything else. anyone else have those days?
    Yep!!!! I'm with you on that one Anney. I'm having a week like that.
    Trying really hard to stay away from the puter but it's not working very well. As for the eating - I ate half a chocolate bavarian dessert in one sitting last night
    It's hard when you have your ad sitting there...waiting.... Intellectually, I know it can take many months to find that special person. Emotionally though, I can't help feeling like a reject!
    Chin up - things will get better.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast