Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Donor Conception General Chatter #1

thanks suzi - everything you said was spot on with how I am feeling, you really made me laugh with this -
    It's hard when you have your ad sitting there...waiting.... Intellectually, I know it can take many months to find that special person. Emotionally though, I can't help feeling like a reject!
    Well, not the whole thing, the use of the word REJECT - it is such a great word and describes exactly how I feel! Just that laugh you gave me has felt much better so I may actually be able to move away from the computer for more than 10 minutes. I really wish you were close by so we could go out for lunch and a chat. hope you are feeling back to your old self soon.

Hi Anney
    I really wish you were close by so we could go out for lunch and a chat.
    I was actually hoping to do a surprise turn up at the meet down there in a couple of weeks. But, dumb old bills keep appearing and the bank balance just isn't co-operating. I haven't given up hope though!

that would be great if you could come. am thinking I might have to change the date as I might now be going away that weekend - would it help you if I put it back a few weeks?
    wish I could offer a bed but we don't have much space and DH is a bit funny with people he doesn't know staying.

Well, if you were going to change the date anyway, it may make it closer to being possible for me. But, don't change it on my account - it will still depend on the wallet.
    LOL - my XDH was exactly the same!!

Hi All,

Well sadly, my 2ww is all but over. AF due 30 Jan but sadly coming early..

I know i have to have a months break which is a bummer so I guess that means nothing for me till March. Anyway seeing FS Friday.

Lulu

Oh No Lulu
    Has AF actually arrived?

Oh Lulu, I'm so sorry to hear AF is on its way. As Suzi said, has it actually arrived yet or is there still a little window of hope??? Thinking of you. xo

Anney & Suzi - are you talking about the meet in Melboure on 18th Feb? I was hoping to get there but have something else on unfortunately. Can I just ask, it sounds like that is going to be a get-together mainly for women who have children - has a get-together ever been organised with the LTTC women who don't have kids yet? I just wondered if there would be enough of us interested and located close enough together for it to happen? Just an idea.

Marg

Oh Lulu, I am really sorry AF is arriving.(but maybe, as suzi and marg says, there may be some hope).
    Marg, the get-together is feb 10 at the moment (but a little subject to change as I may have double booked. I should know early next week. the first one of these get togethers I went to there were 7 of us, 6 were IPs (2 of us have one child) and one aready had a child from a donor. 3 of those 6 now have babies so it is to catch up and meet the latest baby. So, yes most of the people going do have children, but it didn't start out that way. Haven't heard of anyone organising a get together for people without children but of course it could happen. Would love to see you there.

Hi Marg
    I've been to two meets now - both in QLD when I was up there for my last cycle.
    The first there were kids and partners (obviously I had neither!). But it was fine. We met at the playground area at Roma St Parklands, the dads spent most of the time playing on the swings etc with the kids.
    The second was a lunch for the gals only in a restaurant in Mooloolaba.
    Both were good.

Hi Suzy Q, Ursula, Lulu, Anney, Jo, Cindy, Marg, Puddles, Bec and everyone else!

Lulu - I'm so sorry things didn't happen this time round - fingers crossed for next time...

Anney - re, demotivation, I've actually been the opposite - I've been going into a cleaning frenzy. In the last week of my holidays have defrosted my freezer, organised my linen cupboard and display cabinet, cleaned the oven and helped DH in the garden. When I get like this I know I'm stressing about something - in this case, going back to work and getting focussed on TTC again. However, a certain brand of Rocky Road have been taking a firm beating, so I'm with you there!!

re, gatherings - are these organised through BB? If so, is there one in Sydney soon?

Hi Garg
    There is a thread in here where meets are organised
    http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74
    Anney, Marg and I also belong to another board and were chatting generally about a meet coming up in Melbourne for ED ladies.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Here in Perth we once organised a meet just for the LTers. Magic, Tam and I met at a cafe almost two years ago and are still friends IRL today. I think it's reasonable to want to meet those in the same situation, rather than a general meet.

Unfortunately there is no window of hope this time round. AF well and truly here.
    I know i have to wait a month till I do anything else. Seeing FS later this week so I guess I'll get the details for FET.
    Thanks for the support ladies - muchly appreciated...Lulu

Sorry about the definite AF Lulu.
    But, glad you can get in to see your FS so soon to discuss options.
    Good luck and take care of your heart.

Huge hugs Lulu abt AF, hope the FS can give you some positive options

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lulu,

I'm so sorry that the stupid witch has arrived.

Lulu, bugger on AF coming, hope the month off goes quick for you

Hi everyone,

Got a bit of a question...

I was replying to David's post on what makes me nuts about TTC. When I thought about it I thought it was more appropriate to voice my concerns here...

My DH is happy for me to talk online about our issues. We have told our families and some friends about DI. However he is very reluctant to talk about it with people face to face.

Our clinic set up a meeting with all the IVF couples just before Christmas. It went reasonably ok except that DH would not talk in front of other men about DI. This made it very difficult for me to talk, and I got some very quizzical looks about why we were hanging around and waiting while everyone else was going forward. And I understood why, as there was no context.

We have another meeting in two weekends time. I am reluctant to put ourselves through this again, but I am also reluctant to get the IVF counsellor offside by not going, particularly as we have to talk with her about going through with a known donor (BTW, will she have the power to judge whether we are an appropriate couple to go through with this? - this has been worrying me no end).

Anyway, any advice appreciated...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast