Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: IVF with PGD #4

Julie and Sara - just to let you know that I am on 75mg of DHEA - the recommended dose in the States - if you can tolerate. Some women can't do it for some reason. I actually find it gives me more energy - quite like the stuff. I was recommended to take it 2x a day so I take 50mg in the morning and 25 at night.
    But do agree with Julie - definately makes my skin more greasy, nothing that a quick tissue wipe cleans up...the oil ain't great for the pimple situation, although mine certainly calmed down after a couple of months..but the oil is actually great for the skin.

WTH - just want to say that you are an incredible mine of such interesting info..thanks bud!!

Sara - just to let u know how strong that Pregnyl is..I took my last dose last Saturday night. I went for a BT yesterday lunchtime (Friday). My HCG was 6.7 - I know that I wasn't PG - but 6 days later and still in my system. I actually went to get my FSH - but was day 1 and waaaay to low so am going back again tomorrow day 3.

Kel - I am so sorry.. I also got AF yesterday and it all just sucks.

Kel - Oh I hope AF didn't fully rear her ugly head. I had horrendous cramping prior to getting my BFP. WAS sure I was out as I have been pg plenty of times before without cramping that bad. Maybe still hope yet?
    Sara - don't you give up hope yet either. Remember, all during your cycle you were on stim meds etc = feeling blah. Then pregnyl trigger = blah for at least 7-10days, then you had pregnyl booster = blah for another 5-6 days. Just because you are feeling better doesn't = not preg. Your "true" HCG from a pg would take awhile to get up to "blah" levels IYKWIM. How many dpo are you now? If BT on Wed then maybe start testing Mon?

Lulu - so sorry AF arrived for you. I sooooo want to see you get the success you deserve

Julie - You are very brave in the face of such sad times. I pray the DHEA and possibly a change in FS/clinic will do the trick for you

Lulu - I am very sorry that AF arrived, too

Hi everyone,

Thanks very much for your support, but AF showed on Saturday afternoon in full force.

I'm off to see FS about getting on the donor registers at QFG this afternoon at 1.

Sara: How are you travelling?

Lulu:

Kel - sorry to read about the disappointing arrival on Saturday of AF . Wishing you all the best with your appointment this afternoon. I know it is early, but do you think you will continue to try IVF with PGD while waiting for a donor? Take care xx

WTH: Probably, but it probably woouldn't be until May/June before I could go again. I've been in touch with a lovely mum of two in SA over the last couple of weeks who's offered to donate, so we'll see what happens there, too. I'm just so devastated this time around; to finally get one healthy embryo out of four and a half years of trying and for it not to stick I just feel completely broken. I'm really interested to see what FS has to say this afternoon and whether or not he'll discourage going onto the register. I imagine that he'll give me the standard "you're still young and it's a numbers game" speech, but when you've been at this for more than four years, you have a chromosomal abnormality, and not one out of 36 eggs this year alone was any good, I don't feel very young, and I sure as hell am not confident in the numbers!

Kel: Really sorry to hear that, hope your appointment will get you a step forward. I think it's a good idea to go on the donor list whether or not you decide this is the way for you to go, I think it would be reassuring to have this as an option. Have you looked at Aussie Egg Doners - Forum - I've become a member just a few weeks back as I am also investigating this possibility.

AFM - All fine, just going a bit crazy in TWW assessing my boobs every hour and trying to resist POAS. Had really sore boobs yesterday and was convinced I am pregnant, couldn't sleep all night - but no longer sore today, so seeing things negative again.

Sara

Sara: Thanks, mate. I'm on AED as well. When's your BT? How many days past transfer are you today?

Transfer was last week Monday with a day 6 fully hatched blasto - 1500 Pregnyl shot on Tuesday night. BT this on Wednesday. Was originally on Thursday but I asked for one day earlier.

Do you use the same user name on AED (mine is the same)?

Sara

Sara: I've PM'd you on AED. So you'd be 14DPO tomorrow and 15DPO on Wednesday?

I have "good" news today; DH and I are officially on both the embryo and egg donation waiting lists with our clinic as of today. I've also had a lovely woman from SA email me offering to help us that I've been corresponding with. So far, so good. Unfortunately, the one thing that fertility treatment teaches you is not to get your hopes up about ANYTHING, so we'll have to wait and see what happens from here on out I suppose.

Kel : Congratulations - good luck with this, please keep me up-to-date, have received your PM on AED.

Sara

How bizarre - I didn't receive any notices of any new posts until today...

Kel - that's great news - I hope that you don't have to wait long.

Sara - I'm bizarrely excited for your BT - I'm so glad you moved it up - I am thinking of the saying "when you least expect it"....when would you normally see AF? I assume she has not reared her ugly head.

Ms Pink - I may self-medicate and up the dose to 60mgs (my pills are in 20 mgs units, so that's my only option, I wouldn't want to do 80) as I've read all the studies I could find and not one mentioned anything other than the 75mgs - I'll just blot my face constantly...and tell my husband that facials are now part of ivf

Hi WTH, Meredith and all the others out there.

AFM - well, I have had a bad, bad 48 hours. My m/c-related cramping and bleeding started again on Friday after nothing for almost a week, and got so bad, that I rang my FS on her mobile at 8pm on a Sunday night. I was terrified - she asked a bunch of questions and decided it wasn't an emergency, but had me come in this morning. I didn't sleep - I had dreams of bleeding to death and just awful awful stuff. When I saw her this morning I learned that my HCG levels quickly dropped from 4000 to 1000 (good) but then have kind of stagnated (in the same period of time, the most recent drop was only 200 - it is now at 800 - bad). She also did an internal exam which was so uncomfortable - I really almost lost it then - there's no dignity at all involved. After she was done, we sat down in her office and told me that I may need a D&C. I couldn't believe it - I thought the only good thing (if you can call it that) of having a natural miscarriage is that you don't have to have a D&C. The decision won't be made until Wed - on Wed she had me book in with the proper ultra sound place and I'm to see her immediately after for a decision. I held it together in her office, but when I called DH, I cried and when I called my sister, I cried and when I saw my new acupuncturist, I cried. Which brings me to the only good part of the past 48 hours - I found a new, very kind acupuncturist whose clinic practices only in woman's health/fertility/ivf support. She was great - her treatment today was an attempt to get my blood flowing to avert the need for a D&C - although it's only been 2 hours since the treatment, I think it has been working - my reasons for thinking so are too disgusting to share, but at least I have a glimmer of hope of avoiding the D&C - and my cramping is getting slightly better.

Julie: Really sorry to hear about the bad time you've had It sounds like it was a great move to change to a new acupunturist, so glad you found someone good. Hope the treatment is working so that you can avoid the D&C.

Nothing new for me, AF isn't due until tomorrow, have some cramping, boobs tender again, very nervous... trying not to walk up walls... you all know the drill ...

Sara

Hi

I don't often post in here, but i have been reading because PGD is something that may be in my future. This recent article came out in the Human Reproduction journal, and i thought you might find it interesting.

Two-year auxological and medical outcome of singletons born after embryo biopsy applied in preimplantation genetic diagnosis or preimplantation genetic screening.
    Desmyttere S, De Schepper J, Nekkebroeck J, De Vos A, De Rycke M, Staessen C, Liebaers I, Bonduelle M.
    Hum Reprod. 2009 Feb;24(2):470-6. Epub 2008 Dec 2.

BACKGROUND: Embryo biopsy is an essential but invasive procedure to perform preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) or preimplantation genetic screening (PGS). The major objective of this study was to determine whether embryo biopsy might cause post-natal growth restriction.

METHODS: We compared growth data and physical findings at birth and 2 years for singletons born either after PGD/PGS (n = 70), ICSI (n = 70) or natural conception (NC) (n = 70). Children were matched for gender, maternal educational level, mother tongue and birth order.

RESULTS: No significant differences were found between the three groups regarding weight, height and head circumference standard deviation scores (SDS) at birth and at age 2 years, although the PGD/PGS children tended to have a lower birthweight compared with the NC children. At 2 years, the mean BMI SDS in PGD/PGS children was significantly lower compared with NC children (P = 0.005). PGD/PGS children were more frequently born after Caesarian section than ICSI children, but had no more congenital malformations, hospital admissions and surgical interventions compared with ICSI and NC children.

CONCLUSIONS: Singleton children at age 2 years born after embryo biopsy applied in PGD/PGS present a similar post-natal linear growth compared with ICSI and NC children. PGD/PGS singletons appear not to be at higher risk for congenital malformations and surgical interventions during the first 2 years of life. To date, there have been no observable detrimental effects of the PGD/PGS procedure on children.
    *If this is not appropriate, please let me know and i can remove it. Kate

Thank you Kate for posting this interesting study, that is quite reassuring to know.

Sara

Sara - I have my fingers and toes crossed for you! I so hope this is your turn.

Julie - sorry to read about the rotten past few days you have had . I am sure all you want is to move forward rather than have this all linger. I hope your accupuncturist has done the trick. Take care, hun xx

Sara - I have my arms, fingers, legs, toes - EVERYTHING for you, m'dear!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast