Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - June 2006 #2

Tam, next month, hey? Thats great news - hopefully we can get you outta here for good!

Was advised last night that my little brother and his wife are now pg with their second child. Happy for them? Yes, of course. Desperately jealous? Yes, of course.

Hello everyone.
    Tam- Other than increase my met formin I just have to stick with the low GI diet and walking everyday. My thryroid tests were not right either, but I just have to stick with the same dose of that. I think it hit me today as I have been really low. Hoping tomorrow is a better day.

Sorry for the quick post, I am so tired all of a sudden, so I will try and catch up with everyone soon.

Wishing you all I wonderful weekend!!!

Hi girls I am going for day 21 bloods on monday fortnight. I am doing the usual but thought i should ask for TSH? (thyroid) as well... I don't want to try for 6 months, and then go back have bloods and then have them say, well this is out of whack that is out of whack, now lets start this drug... i am sick to death of time wasting...am i over reacting??? My rubella immunity is way low, i also need to fix this up too, which means we won't be able to try for 8 weeks, oh well better be safe than sorry!!!

Leis xx

Hi girls
    Leis, I say do the extra tests. Best to get all that stuff out of the way so, no, I don't think you're over reacting.
    I hope things can get moving for you soon Vicki. The waiting and then more waiting really sux. Hope you'll be feeling better soon.
    Hmmm Keen - I'm sure you're kinda happy about your brother but know that must have hit you like a rock between they eyes. Take care and hope all the stuff you're working on brings you some answers and a solution!
    Tam I hope you can cycle next month, when is your trip?
    Hi to everyone else and sorry if I've missed you - still trying to catch up with everyone.

I'm off to Coolum today and then Hervey Bay on Wednesday (might see you Cass). It's a small consolation for cancelling the Big Trip but, the way things are going over in that part of the world atm, I don't think there'd be room left in Turkey for me!
    Take care all.

Hi SuziQ I hope we do get to meet, hopefully you will have access to a computer and you can let me know what your up too when you get to Hervey Bay, we could have met for lunch or something whilst you were here.
    Leis I agree with Suzi get all your tests over and done with so you can start nice and fresh.
    Hello to Keen, Daisy and anyone else I have missed.
    Well AF arrived for me today, and even though I know there is no possibility of falling pregnant naturally I always hope every month that it would happen ( bit of a miracle considering I have no fallopian tubes ) feeling very sore and sorry for myself at the moment, AF was never painful for me until after the last stimulated cycle, now every month I have to take strong pain relief like tramal to help with the pain. I am just hoping its not the adhesions back again, last time I had a laproscope in 2004 the adhesions were so bad they couldnt see my ovaries and the ovaries had adhered to the large and small bowel, maybe thats why I have so much pain now, not sure only a guess. Well I have 1 whole day off tomorrow and then I start night shift again on tues night, I have just done 2 12 hour day shifts so I am absolutely buggered.
    Hope you all had a great weekend and a good week ahead
    Cass

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Morning ladies,

sorry I've been MIA, had rellies over. I'm really sad to see that everyone's feeling a little down at the moment, but you're right Keen, we don't have many BFPs from this forum. I guess, all being LTers, it's harder for the ladies in here. But those mass exoduses do happen once in a while. We've had two since I've been here. And oddly enough it usually hapened after everyone was feeling down about the forum's lack of success.

So c'mon powers-that-be, we need another one!

Hello everyone,
    I'm just popping in to say hello to everyone and to send you lots of babydust!

SuziQ - it is serendipitous indeed that you haven't departed for your trip. You would have been right in the middle of things yes?

As for me I'm in limbo land - waiting for my u/s at 13 weeks to be sure that everything is ok. All that TWW experience is doing me good though.

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a good weekend.

Leis- I also think it is a good idea to have the test done. better to be sure then to wonder and deal with it later.

Keen- honey what a bitter sweet pill you have to digest. Hope you are looking after yourself.

SuziQ- Nice to see you pop in. I hope you have a great holiday in hopefully much better weather!

Shazy- Sorry to hear that your AF is painful. Hope you are taking care. The long shift wouldn't help. I used to do long shift too, and boy I dont miss them at all.

Sushee- I bet Charles enjoyed all his extra hugs

Kar- nice to see you pop in too. Hope all is going well.

Chele- how are you doing honey? Thinking of you.

and a big hi to Tam, Ann, Krusty and to who ever I have missed.

I had a tiring weekend. My mom was asked to look after my sisters youngest two and as she lives right next door I ended up with the baby over night and both of them for most of the day yesterday. The best thing about the 18mth old is that I got to put on the girly disney videos and he loved them!!!

Sue - yep, Im glad to know that you are here rather than over there anyway right now. BTW, rock between the eyes - right on the money.

Cass - know what you mean about still holding out hope for that miracle each month despite the chances being virtually nonexistent... hope AF isnt too nasty for too long for you.

Sush - you're right. We desperately need a boost of hope from in here and one of us 'crossing over' with a lovely big bfp would certainly help out a lot!

Kar - hang in there my sweet, the time has already flown!

Daisy - I SO love those disney movies!

AF is due for me today. She hasnt arrived yet, but I o'd on CD15 rather than CD14 so she will probably show tomorrow - have had serious cramping and the usual chocolate cravings.

Hi lovely ladies!

Just popped in after being AWOL for a while and wanted to tell everyone to keep your chins up and be positive. A bit funny coming from me because I hate it when I get told that! I'm about to jump back on the rollercoaster after having a nice couple of months on terra firma. Not sure if I'm excited or dreading it yet... It's funny reading how everyone feels after such a long time trying. I'm finding I'm getting less and less desperate and more and more fed up with the whole process. I almost feel like I'm talking myself into accepting that it might not happen. In saying that though on Sunday we found out that our nearest and dearest friends who have been the only close friends who know about the whole saga and have been fantastic are expecting. I've just stopped crying now. They were so far away from starting a family and DH and I always joked with them that if we were still trying when they fell pregnant life wouldn't be worth living. Deep down I'm really excited and happy for them but I feel betrayed or something. Not sure what it is but it's a horrible feeling. Having dinner with them tomorrow night for DH's birthday so I'll smile and gush and gag on my food!

Lots of hugs and positive vibes to everyone!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

welcome back Bee -wondering how you were.

I know there isn't much I can say to reassure and comfort you ...but for us it took 15yrs and it was worth every miserable minute I endured to have my little boys.

Draw on your great personal strength as you continue the journey.
    I wish the very best for you and all the long TTCers.

Just ducking in to say hi to everyone. I've been MIA because not much is happening for me at the moment which is getting me really down - so the last thing I wanted to do was come in here and just moan and groan all the time! Work is cheesing me off at the moment and then I get home and just think about how much I want to be a Mum - so I feel like nothing's going the way I want it to! Okay, enough moaning!!!!!

Keen - I'm also waiting for AF - hope she behaves when she does arrive! Mine should be due now but no signs yet which is a bit odd. Also know exactly what you're saying about feeling jealous. Some days can be really tough.

Daisy - sounds like it was a tiring but fun weekend.

Kar - great to have you dropping by and hope things keep going fantastically.

Sushee - we REALLY need some BFP's! I know I'm feeling a bit down and although there's not much happening for me I would be SO over the moon to hear other LT'ers are having some success. GOOD LUCK to everyone

Shazey - so sorry to hear that AF is causing you grief. Take good care.

SuziQ - enjoy your trip away - even if it isn't the big one! xo

Leis - you are amazing! Good luck with the tests. I also had low rubella (actually it was zero!) so had to get that fixed up before ttc.

Tam - wishing you heaps and heaps of luck for next month.

Bee - sorry to hear how tough things have been (and still are) for you. I so know how you feel - this rollercoaster has been one of the most difficult things I've gone through in my life. I think we all find our own ways of coping and keeping that little piece of hope. Take care. xo

Trish - hope you and the twins are travelling wonderfully.

And a big hell to everyone I've missed.

Take care,
    Marg
    xoxo

skyelar Guest

Hello ladies just wanted to stick my head in & wish you all well.

I am so relieved SuziQ that you are staying put, funny I was thinking of you the other day & hoping you were safe!! LOL you hadn't left our shores, thank goodness!!

Warming a spot for you Keen xoxo

Take care & have a great day

ann Guest

Hi wonderful ladies,

Yes I think we are all feeling the same way in here at the moment.

Every month I hope and pray for a miracle, but in my heart I know that it won't happen.

We are going to do FET in Sept, but at the moment I'm feeling like I couldn't be bothered.
    This will be our last try, as I'm sick to death of the disappointments associated with IVF and TTC.
    I think at last, and I never thought was possible was that I am slowly coming to terms with the fact that it will never happen to us.

5 years of lots of disappointments TTC, I think I've had enough!

Ann

Thanks Trish and Marg for the wishes. Sorry everyone if I sounded down in the dumps - I'm not and actually feeling better than I have for ages and I definitely didn't want to drag anyone down. The sun's out and I'm going shopping

Hi Ann, Sorry to hear that you are sounding so flat, and Bee to for that matter.... I know how you feel sometimes ann, I could just so easily give up tomorrow, but for some reason I don't .... I am so sick to death of dissappointment and let down, month after month. I think that my reasons being that I have just been ground down so badly with all my major ops, I feel they have taken alot of my positive nature away.... anyway we are having 2 months off, as I need a rubella shot and DH is really sick at the moment with the flu... Hope everyone is doing fine.. love and hugs leis xx

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Welcome back, Bee! It's so good to have you back!

Your details have been updated on the front page as promised.

Hey there Bee! Nice to see you Sweetheart! Much like you I 'generally' (I say that because there is the ocassional moment of desperation still) feel like I am coming to terms with the possibility that it aint gonna happen. And like you Ann, I am a little bit in the 'cant really be bothered' category right now - mostly because I keep thinking of all that we go through and then to come out the other end, a little more cynical, a little more depressed and a lot poorer! hee hee well, most of the time anyway.

There has to be someone escaping the clutches of LT TTC soon ladies... alas it isnt me this month, although for just a few brief moments I was starting to think ...just maybe.... of course that didnt last long!

Yaye to us all for our strength, courage and conviction and for the wonderful lives we will have despite our struggles! We Rock!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast