Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - June 2006 #2

ann Guest

OMG, just had a huge reality check today. While going through al the paper work ready for the tax man, we added up all the cost involved with our so far unsucsesful IVF trip.

We knew it was getting up there, but $hit, I didn't realise how much we had spent. We have talked about it and our Sep FET will be our last.

On another note I hope you all had a fantastic weekend. I'm waiting for AF (due Tue), I must say though my temps are still way up there, but like gravity I'm sure it will start descending tomorrow.

Luv to all

Ann

Ann - I did the exact same thing the other day and nearly passed out! Told DH we could have bought a brand new car and a half with the money we have spent. Feels awful when you see the figure looking at you - not that you mind spending it, if it gets us what we want... but ... well, anyway.... you know....

Good evening
    I've done the same thing with the add up for tax. Ours is especially large this year as had to pay the lot for the PGD, as it wasn't covered at all by Medicare, so that was an extra $2,000 straight away. I'm hoping it's worth it when we try the last embie.

Leis, glad AF was a bit easier on you. Hope it just gets better.

Vicki, I'm the same as you too with the ups & downs feelings. I just know that at the moment while I'm on my break, it's just nice to forget about it. I suppose that's also because I don't feel I have much 'natural' chance (1 tube gone & the other scarred, also hormone probs) so it is a full break.

Hope you have all had a good weekend
    Take care

Hi girls... with all our costs lately particularly my two major operations, and the other two smaller ones, plus the unsuccesful IVF treatment... I am to scared to even begin to count up how much!!!! Does it mean you get a good tax return??? take care love leis xx

ann Guest

Hi girls,
    I hope the weekend was good for you all.

I had to duck down the street to pick up a few things, whilst waiting in line at the checkout two young girls were talking (you know how when waiting in a line it is hard not to listen to other peoples conversations), any way this young girl was telling her friend how she was pregnant, had no idea how far along she was (she had a young 1 yr old in pram), and she couldn't afford to visit the Dr, let alone pay for an ultrasound, the way this girl was talking she was quite upset as she couldn't afford another baby.

It is strange how the powers that be up stairs, that here we are paying out big $$$$ for a baby, and this girl was in a situation of being pg, and couldn't afford it.

Any way on a different level, I did cave and I POAS this am, as I am 13 DPO, temps still climbing and no signs of AF arriving any time soon.

Big surprise BFN!!!!!!!!

Luv to you all

Mmm yeah i know exactly what you mean ann.. we have a friend who has applied six times to join the fire brigade and can't quiet make it, although he would be a top firey, and his wife has just had such a gorgeous little baby girl, well we want what they have and they want what my DH has!!! (to be a firey like DH).. yep the powers above certainly deal the cards some weird ways or so it seems to us humans on earth... but that is life.. sorry to hear you got a BFN... but don't give out yet...
    take care love leis xx

Krusty Guest

Hi Ladies

Yep it is tax time and another reminder of just how much we spend:eek: :eek:

I am of to the tax man tomorrow and I was getting all my medical bills ready and like you I flip out when I added it all up and with IVF and my other operation ( a lap band ) I have been out of pocket over $7000 this year and money does not grow on trees around here does it so with being able to claim 20% of anything over $1500 I think I might get a good tax check back, so we can spend it on IVF.

Leis - I am glad that things are looking up for you, thinking of you

Ann - I really think there is a traniee powers of above working up there as he just seems to be getting it wrong

My DH said the same as you Keen we could of bought a brand new car for that plus some. But am happy to pay any amount if we can just have a bub..... It is just frustrating to pay out so much and have nothing to show for it. ( AS you all truly know)

I had to smile Anne, when you said you POAS. I actully did too, this morning. My AF is 6 weeks late. Not that I ever really have a cycle but after having 3 natural ones this year I thought maybe... And I have had sore BB plus cramps for over a week now. As my PG symtoms were very simular I though I better POAS just to make sure. And yes we got that BFN. No suprises really. But there is no harm in wishing is there! Hope your AF arrives soon, and that your next cycle is your lucky one!

Leis- I remember a conversation I had with a friend over 10 years ago. All I ever wanted was a husband and a baby, all she ever wanted was a career. I ended up with the career and she had the husband and kids. It does feel that the cards were indeed dealt wrong.

Tam- before my DH and I started TTC I had tried with 2 other partners( now that is another story!) So I well and truly feel like it wont happen naturally at. I think having a break would be alot easier if I just knew what time frame I was looking at. IYKWIM. I feel like I have had a long enough break as it is and just want to be back on the horse again. Still it is just that rollercoaster of emotions as some days it is ok and some days it is not.

Hope everyone else is having a good week !!!

Vicki, your break has been a long one, & also feel for your unknowing at the moment. I noticed on the front page that you are having a test in July, is that soon/still happening.
    I guess I know the time frame of my wait, when we get back from holiday, but since AF came I'll wait about 7 weeks to see if she comes on her own again or else will see clinic & get back on again for my last frostie.
    Was just saying to DH the other night that it feels like so long ago now. My promotion at work has kicked in and keeping me busy which has been good. Perhaps the man 'up there' was letting that all happen first! My last tarot reading said it was going to happen but not just yet, hope it's coming close now.

I've totally lost who is doing what/next, please help.
    Hope you are taking care of yourselves.

Unhappy

to everyone, like Tam i don't know where anyone is.... I am having TTC break for 2 cycles I need to get a rubella boost, so need 8 weeks time out... i am nearly ready to give up altogether, i am so slack, and i know i shouldn't feel this way, as we have only had one IVF cycle with undiagnosed endo, so as if that was going to work, and i know i have a far better chance now that it has all cleared up... but i am just so disillusioned with DH being away all the time and feel that this is putting so much pressure on the TTC thing... he is going for a job up the coast and if he gets it we will finally be living together, even though we will have to move!!

love to all leis xx

Tam- I know what you mean I am so lost with who is doing what. Yes had Blood test last week. Had Doctors appointment today. My insulan levels have not changed at all. So another 3 months on the bench. I have to up my dose of Met formin, ( So looking forward to the extra toliet time- Not!!) Strangely enough I feel ok about it. I am just so tired of all the emotions of it all.

Leis- I hope DH get that job. Moving house is a small price to pay for getting time with DH. I can understand how hime travelling would be had with the TTC. My DH only does shift work, and I find that hard enough somedays.

Hoping you all are having a good week.

Vicki, bugger on those levels. Is it just the Metformin you take or is there other meds or dietry, etc you have to do?

Leis, hope all goes well with DH getting the job. Moving can be exciting. I can say that now as I haven't done it for years, lol. I also think I'm over it sometimes, just said that to DH at dinner, but of course I will keep going, but not at the speed that I have been, BIG BREAKS in between I think.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Take care

If only there was a solution to our baby dramas. It sometimes gets me so upset to see us all in here, getting BFN after BFN....

I'll drop by again tomorrow when Im feeling up to writing something more positive ..

Hi guys sorry I have been MIA have just finished 6 12hour night shifts so have been pretty tired, only problem is it is now 3.30 in the morning and I cant sleep, night shift not good for your body, mind or sex life.

Leis I hope hubby gets the job, and dont give up yet, like you said it was only 1 cycle with IVF and very hard to accomplish anything with all that endo,

Tam how are you going?

Keen I hope you are feeling more positive soon, you are such a strong person and as the saying goes god only dishes out all of this stuff to the special people who can handle it, and that is every one of us on this forum

Daisy how are things going with you I hope having a bit longer on the metformin will be a blessing for you

Hello to anyone else I have missed

We are still plodding along and looking forward to 2007 when we will try our 3rd cycle of IVF ICSI, new clinic, new doctor so hopefully positive results next time around, I really didnt think I would be going down this path again but thanks to LEIS and that website you sent me months ago, hubby found it in my emails and has so changed his whole ideas and attitude on the IVF thing so thankyou LEIS you are a gem.
    Well I hope you all have a good day and keep smiling no matter how hard it is.

Its not that Im personally not feeling ok - but sometimes I drop in here hoping to see someone announcing something and it just seems it so rarely happens in here - that sometimes I get almost angry that sucxh wonderful women experience such pain and torment.

I know each and every one of us deserve to have our bfp and I feel sure there has to be at the very least a few who get there. I just wish we could get there now! I guess patience is something forced upon us in these circumstances, even though deep down Ive never been so impatient in my life!

I am still just going along right now... waiting to attend a few appointments and things to check some other stuff out....

Shaz, hope the change in dr does the right thing. There has to be something in getting someone else/new to look over things. Freshen it up a bit. I think I've tried something different every cycle but feel I'm running out of things to try so it will just become the same thing.

Keen, I know what you mean. There never is a lot of bfp action in here. Just one every now and again to give us that glimmer of hope....

Is anyone cycling now??????
    I'm hoping to be up next month (late)

Shaz hun, me to tired as, work (nursing also) is driving me mad....it is so heavy at the moment, adn we are short staffed, nothing unusual about that though!! I can't remember what i sent you? Could you refresh my memory? Love leis xx

Hi Everyone
    Leis you sent me that website for aching heart empty arms and I tell you what it did the trick, I know what you mean about work being heavy and busy, we have had so many births this month, I think its a record for our unit, we are also very understaffed and we seem to do lots of overtime each week to make up for the lack of numbers.

Keen I agree with you totally, we all deserve to get BFP, its just so unfortunate that with IVF everything has to be planned all the way, and it also takes so long to get to the pregnancy test at the end, hope everything goes well with your appointments.

Tam I too have tried something new each cycle so I am hoping this new clinic and new doctor has something new up his sleeve I havent tried, I was very dissappointed after my last full stim cycle not having any embies to freeze, it was like things got worse with each cycle, but I am going to be positive and get nice and healthy and go and see a naturopath before I even contemplate next cycle.

Daisy how are you going?

Hello to everyone else I have missed I hope you are all well
    Cass

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast