Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception March 07

Thanks Sushee...I don't know why it's taken me so long to work it out????

deemon Guest

Hi, I'm new to this thread, and to forums! But not new to TTC.
    I have a 2 1/2 year old son (clomid) and know I should be grateful to have him (and I am!!) but have been trying to have another for the past 2 years. Fell pregnant 4 times in a row naturally (having a baby seemed to have cured my PCOS) and miscarried them all (which is standard PCOS-so not cured at all) so I was put on Metformin and since then I haven't conceived. Did 5 lots of clomid and then 1 round of Puregon but the cycle was cancelled becasue I had too many follicles. Am now on Gonal-F (day 10) and feeling the pressure a bit. I'm starting to panic cause I turn 38 in Nov.

Anyways, that's my story.
    dee

Hi Dee...welcome!
    You'll find lots of wonderful people here to share in your journey and offer heaps of support.
    Day 10 - that's exciting - hang in there...looking forward to hearing how things go...wishing you a BFP soon xxx

Hi Dee, welcome to the forum and good luck with ttc #2. I know what you mean about your age, I'm 39 and well aware that the biological clock is starting to tick VERY fast. Here's hoping this current cycle is the one and that there is a wonderful 9 months ahead.

Take care,
    Marg

hi all
    don't know if any of you remember me - been TTC number 3 for nearly 4 years. Just wanted to pop my head back in as we are officially starting another cycle now!!! Decided today to give one of our frosties ago and can do a natural thaw this cycle!! WHoo HOO!

Got my first scan with FS on Friday to check lining etc, and hopefully have transfer next week. I am soo excited
    So i am on day 6 today and its all system go.

deemon Guest

Hi Marg and Ellie
    Thanks so much for your welcome.
    I've been following your posts Marg and think you're so brave and so right to give it a shot on your own. So many of my friend who are single in their late 30's seem to be waiting for mr. right. While I think it would be wonderful if it happens like that, I think they may miss their chance to have a baby. So fingers crossed you get your little baby. They rock!
    I am now day 15 and everything seems to be slowing down, my levels haven't even gone over 200-so last month I responded too well and this month too little. Sucks. And it's funny that even though the gonal-f is a much lower dose than the puregon (only 37.5) it seems to be making me more emotional. Anyone else find that? The good thing is that I haven't put on as much weight as I did with Puregon. That's my rant for the night!!
    dee

Hi Dee
    I hear you...the puregon mad me HUGE...can't believe the weight I put on...haven;t had Gonal-F...so can;t comment...I hope things go wellxxx

Hi Dee - actually I think it's amazing how many women are single and in their late 30's. I have cousins my age and older who are still single and sometimes I can't work out why they don't seem as concerned about their biological clock ticking as I am! Oh well, I guess we are all different. I would certainly tell any woman in her early 30's who does have the opportunity to start a family not to wait. Playing the fertility rollercoaster is certainly no fun. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you Dee. I must admit that I never had many side-effects from the IVF drugs - the only thing my body seems to hate is the BCP.

Hi Odette - welcome back and here's hoping your little frostie does it's thing and this is just a short visit back to this forum. Good luck for Friday.

Hope everyone is well,
    Marg

deemon Guest

Yep, I think my friends in their mid 30's are sick of me telling them not to wait. I've become quite evangelical about it!
    I think it's the media/celebrities that lulls women into a false sense of security regarding how long they can wait. In the paper the other day was an interview with Kelly Preston (John Travolta's wife) saying they were thinking of trying to have another baby after her next movie-SHE's 44!! What they never say is that they don't do it with their own eggs.
    Anyway, bad news for me today my levels are actually going down. So I now have to alternate dosages, one day 37.5, the next day 75. weird.

deemon Guest

And yep I hear you Ellie on the Puregon. I put on 4 kilos in 10 days (I only put on 9 kilos the whole time when I was pregnant with my son!). One of the nurses said it might be fliud, but I knew it wasn't - it was food- I ate everything in sight. I have never been so hungry!

Tam - yep will be finding out the flavours of bubs. Cant wait actually...

Ellie - so hoping that Dr S can give you some answers....

Dee - I always had problems with putting on weight with Puregon, but dont remember putting too much on with the Gonal... didnt really have too much problems as far as being too emotional though (thankfully!)

Odette - Good Luck Sweetheart!

I think knowing what I know now if I was in my mid thirties and not yet wanting to TTC I would consider freezing some eggies... but it really is hard to know!

hi all
    had scan and still a way of ovulating
    so seratac start tests on Monday and go for another scan if no surge on Wed.
    Know that I will prob ovulate on thursday/friday so probably have emby back on board next weekend i am tipping

my body loved pergon - i know i am weird. I was on the highest dose that they can give you, and my body thrived. My body just hated that crinone cream.
    it is amazing how we all respond so different
    on the highest dose of pergon, i only got 4 egg- but they were all goers and all turned into embies. I am a quality rather than quanity- my doc says
    now just got to get one of the buggers to stick!!!!

Crossing everything for your success Odette!

Thanks keen
    having transfer on Wednesday. Went for BT and o'ing tonight/tommorow - so three more days until emby on board. DTD today as well -JIC as well lolol
    that would be my luck and both work and end up with twins again
    how are you going ???
    thanks soo much for your thoughts - you are a gem!!!

Good Luck with transfer tomorrow, Odette! Hope the 2ww flies by.....

OK
    i now how a 10 cell emby on board
    the first one they defrosted didn't muliply so they pulled another one out and it was up to 10 cells and still going strong when it was implanted
    so now for the TWW
    B/T on the 25th of july
    just had to get it out and tell somebody as no-one except my DH and mum know
    lets go rollercoaster!!!!!
    Last edited by diva det; July 11th, 2007 at 10:31 PM.

Good luck Odette - hope you get that BFP.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast