Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007 #2

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term Assisted Conception Nov 2007 #2

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentiality.

Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cherie - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    slyder - [email protected]

Your old thread is here

hehehe - told you when BW and BG joined this thread it would progress a tad bit quicker!

just a little one from me - think i'm starting to feel the effects of the trigger. aw hell, i KNOW i am! five minute trip to the post office before wasn't at all pleasant - fairly ouchie i must admit!

weeellllll heeeelllllooo chaterboxes .hehehe

BG just poping in to wish you the very best for tomorrow - i cant wait to hear your news xx

BW fantastic result hun - its times like these that is all seems so worth it - i hope yor results have put a big smile on your face xx

Ellie - great to see you pop in - wow the big move hey so happy you got some $$$$$ on the way.

Lisa - my friend thank you for your kind words - and yes i do hope i will have some good news for you. give Alex a squeese for me until i get to meet her at last!

hi to everyone and hope you are all going along well

So nice to know I've been missed...great to be back...have missed you all xxx

Yep, Lou, I've not stopped smiling since! Apart from the times that constipation and wind pain has me doubled over... Codeine doesn't normally do this to me, so I've got no idea what's going on. I've broken out the metamucil so hopefully it will pass soon.

I've got to admit that I find the spindle information really interesting. It also explains why only 4 of the 12 embryos I had that were going well at day 2 made it to blast. If two thirds of my eggs have a structure that's considered to be different to what's defined as normal, that explains a lot of the loss! I don't expect all 20 embryos to magically make it to blast, though! I haven't really thought about how many I would like to get in the freezer, either.

One thought that's been running through my head all day... if the sperm are entering the egg themselves rather than being ICSId in there, how do they know how to avoid hitting the spindle? Or do they not know at all, and this is as much of a problem with regular fertilisation as it is with ICSI? Perhaps I should ask the scientists next time they call me.

BG, wishing you an extra large bucket of good luck and sending you truck loads of cyber hugs for tomorrow. I'll be hoping and praying that everything goes well and the drive there and back isn't too taxing on you.

BW

just a quick one - literally walked in the door a few minutes ago and need to take it easy

22 eggs at epu - woo hoo!

bled a fair bit, woke up in an argumetative mood (no one should mess with me when i need the loo!) - but doing reasonably ok for now

have just found my blessed heat pack, so yay! rest time for me!

find out fert rates sometime tomorrow and transfer/freezing details on friday

BG great news!!! Have been watching for you but did'nt expect to hear from you until later. Heaps of luck for those eggies over the next 24 hours, hope you have lots to freeze.

as ive already said in a text great news on the EPU BG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fantastic now pop the heat pack back on lol

BW - i really dont know anything about the spindle? sorry do you mind me asking what it is ? Fantatic news that your embies are still looking good for blasties to be frozen well done.

Ellie - always

Shannon how are you hun?

Megan - hoping you are doing OK - its been ages

Me still waiting huff huff huff - going quite insaine but then who doesnt - although i keep saying to mayself if its gonna work its gonna work not really much i can do about it now. just riding out th elast few days

Lou, the spindle is the part of the egg where the genetic information is contained. When using ICSI, it's possible to inject the sperm into the egg and damage the spindle - leading to fragmented, crappy embryos. With regular ICSI, they assume that the spindle is directly below the polar body (the polar body is the left over bundles of genes that are released from the egg as part of its formation), but in my case, two thirds of my spindles weren't there (and that's fairly normal according to the information sheet on polscope that the clinic gave me). They claim they can reduce the degree of fragmentation from two thirds of the batch of embryos to only one third... we'll see how it goes with my embryos as the week progresses.

As of today, I had 17 embryos at 4 cells, and the other 3 were at 3 cells... The scientist tells me we're doing really well in that department. Me - not so well. OHSS has taken a bit of a turn for the worse. I'm still at home at this point, but making no promises on that continuing too much longer!

BW

thank you for that - so can i ask did you have ICIS? as i thought i read you didnt need to in the end?

Nope, we're ICSI all the way. Even if it weren't for DH's mutant sperm, my clinic does it for women with PCOS anyway. They say they get better results, but I don't know what they base that on. ICSI doesn't cost extra for us, the polscope does, so I'm a bit nervous to see just how much it improves the numbers we get in the freezer.

BW

Hi Ladies

Wow BG great result, congrats! And you are having no issues with OHSS?

Lou - Hold in there hun, i have everythign crossed you are going to get that BFP! You deserve it!

BW - Great results and it sounds as though the Polscope may be very beneficial, sorry to hear the OHSS has kicked it up a gear, i will have everything crossed you make a speedy recovery at home.

Hi Ellie!

Well not much happening here except waiting, now cycle day 65, stopped the provera last Friday and still no sign of AF? Anyone have any ideas how long it should take? I am starting to cut it very close to xmas! Starting to go nuts!

Shan

an update on BW

hi lovely people - i've had a couple of text messages from BW in the last few hours, and she's asked me to share with all of you

Have been admitted to Nepean Public Hospital as a precaution. May be in for a few days....

...would appreciate any visitors if anyone is inclined to trek out here. Would love them to death if the brought such things as toothbrush, hairbrush, sudoku puzzles. will be this evening before Dh can get back out here and i'm going to be bored out of my mind before then! Don't know which ward i'm on though...
    BW went to the afterhours GP last night for pain meds, and was admitted to hospital - i got a message at about 3.45 this morning. if anyone is able to get up to see her, i'm sure she'd love you to pieces - if you're not sure of her details to ask at reception, PM me and i'll let you know

will come back later with updates about me - not that theres much to update at the moment - maybe after my fert results come in...

Far out! I hope BW's ok...thanks for keeping us posted BG.

Big HI to everyone else...have everything crossed for you guys xxx

ok, this time it's a little update about me!

the nurse called this morning and let me know fert rates - of the 22 eggs, 9 were immature and several failed to fertilise. only 4 fertilised nicely. so we now have transfer on Friday and find out freezing numbers from there...

i was very flat when i found out - but i will admit i'd just set up to take pain killers for only the second time since leaving the hospital yesterday - and they were for a headache not the EPU ouchies! i called hubby and explained what had happened then curled up for what i thought would be tears, but instead slept for just under two hours - and i've now woken up, refreshed, and pretty much ok with it. PCOS always gives higher numbers of eggs, so having four still growing nicely is actually still good news! and this way we KNOW that we're putting back a fertilised embie on Friday morning - that's a better start to the TWW than any of our IUI TWW's... so yay, bring on Friday

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I love that you're positive about it BG, that's the way to look at things, with healthy optimism. Your body and your embies will thank you for it. I have much to learn from you about having a good attitude.

Poor BW. If I were close, I'd visit for sure!

i have to admit it's taken me a hell of a lot of soul searching over the past year to find that positive vibe Sushee! plus a MASSIVE amount of support from some fantastic ladies on BB (and a hubby at home that is just amazing through the whole thing!)

Hi Shannon glad I have found you hope all is well

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast