Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception#3 - April 07

tiggy Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception#3 - April 07

Hi girls,

Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Morning Ladies
    Just a quick question...it's been so long since I did IVF can't remember...but is it normal to feel like AF is about to arrive any second? Had EPU Friday and am convinced every time I go to the loo that it's going to be all over? Help?

Sorry Ellie, I have no idea. I figured my AF would arrive early as I wasn't on crinone, but I also had no cramps or other signs that she was on her way until she got here. I as two days in before I had any cramping at all, and then it hit big time! From what others have said, I am wondering if that feeling is coming from the crinone? Try to relax and distract yourself... stressing out isn't going to help that embie stick! When will you be going for transfer?

Alex, welcome back. Everyone needs to take a break at some time or another, I hope you are feeling a little better for it. I'm glad you think the acupuncture is helping - I'm a super big fan of it! Good luck when you start the stim cycle. If your acupuncturist is anything like mine they wouldn't suggest take a break unless they thought your body really needed it.

Me... just plodding along with my letrozole. It's still hard to tell what's side effects from it, the tail end of the OHSS or just me not drinking enough! After so long on gatorade I'm finding it difficult to go back to water - no taste! I may have to investigate some sugar-free cordial or something to ween myself back! And trying to get back into the swing of charting before we hit the business end of the cycle... and wondering if I should ask my clinic to monitor me through this one even though there will be no transfer... Just starting to wonder... what's the reason between the wait between the stim cycle and the FET cycle? I know I need it, there's no way I'm emotionally ready for a transfer just yet, but I'm wondering about the medical reasons for them doing it.

BW

wow boo im hoping its a sticky one for you, are you still takin the syneral?

Ellie congrats on 10 thats fantastic - are to growing them to blasties?

BW- im not a fan of strong cordial or fizzy drinks and stuff but ive just found my fav cordial in coles, elderflower yummmm, its not very strong but great and it more matural then others i love it, but it does come with a prise,$7 a bottle and its less than a lt

Just wanted to add i cant believe that were on April# 3!!! well we can chat.lol

Oh my goodness, Lou you are right! April #3 and we're only half way through... just goes to show that there's too many of us here right now and we NEED a stack of BFPs to clear the place out! Besides, Boo's going to need some company as she graduates

BW

Hi Girls
    BW - Thanks...I'm trying not to worry but I'm not on any pessaries/crinone until night before transfer...which could be tomorrow...Tues or Wed? Hope my Prog levels are ok?

Lou - Not sure what we're doing...new embryologist...has moved over from Monash IVF...seems really good...she's going to look at them each day and see how they're going...as all ten fertilized I'm ok with that...just hope I get to transfer...now I remember why I've had such a LONG break from this...does my head in...thank God you guys are here!!!! I am focusing on her comment yesterday "It's great to have such good eggs and sperm to work with"...I keep replaying that in my head!!!

wow, we really are chatterboxes this month!

ellie - am just wondering if the AF-type feeling is just residual from EPU - maybe a bit of blosting haging around or something? haven't been through EPU myself, but when i read your post, it's the first thing that came to mind....

Alex - welcome back - though it would be nice if you didn't have to be here! i know what you mean about being impatient about getting things moving - it's so hard when you're a pro-active/impatient person by nature and then have to wait around for this AC process. i really hope you're feeling a little better after your break, and that you're coping ok with everything else.

boo - YAY!!! fingers crossed for confirmation tomorrow!

Jo - synarel messes with our hormones big time! i noticed the AF-type cramping for several days before she decied to turn up - and when she did, she was a witch! hope you don't have ot go through that!

BW - good to hear that you're on the tail end of the OHSS - and obviously the new meds aren't giving you too much grief if you can't distinguish whether you've got any new side effects!!

as for me - am dead tired today. didn't sleep well. finally had the meltdown i've been waiting on for the last few days - and it wasn't even TTC related!! think i needed to get everything out, but we have a plan for ttc, and it wasn't hitting me like i thought it would. was having some issues with DH last night about a few things, and he just wouldn't let it go, so i kinda exploded!!! poor bugger - it was an over reaction for what we were discussing, but at least i opened up and spilled my guts, and he started talking about things too... got to sleep at some ungodly hour of this morning, and woke up with a headache that just won't quit today....

on the upside, it still hasn't changed the way i'm feeling about this journey. i'm scared at the moment, simply because i don't know what's going to happen - so bring it on!! tell me what i have to do and i'm there!!

going out soon to pick up a treadmill - we have shocking roads around here and no foot paths for walking (guess it's what you get for living in the middle of nowhere) - so i've decided if i want to walk and still keep my ankles from being destroyed, i'm gonna have to use a treadmill - step one in the new, more proactive, me! who know's what step two will be - i guess that's up to the FS - only 11 more days...

OMG! we are on number 3 already. feeling really lazy that I cant go back to read the last page. It must be a Sunday. Having a better day, well trying to to. Started a convo with DH about IVF-ICSI and hes just hurting at the moment, I think he needs some time but is wanting to get things started ASAP, as we arnt getting any younger!! Im going to write a long diary post soon AGAIN.
    Good on you BG for getting the treadmill.
    Congrats Ellie on the great number you got.
    Lou Nice to see you around again
    BW what about some of the flavoured water? maybe that could be a good transition for you.

just a quick GOOD LUCK BOO for today! hopefully a BFP for you!!!!!!

Hi Girls
    Just got the call from the clinic...only 2 of the 10 look any good...I can't believe it...she said we have great eggs and great sperm they just make 'ordinary embryos'...I feel sick...she then went on to say the two we have look really good and we should be in with a pretty good chance...so what sense am I supposed to make of that???? I feel guttered...once again I'm shocked...I really thought ICSI would make the difference...we only ended up with two with IVF...this time we have a 6 cell and 8 cell...I have to get in a positive frame of mind by 12pm...or the little guys wouldn't want to hand around anyway...AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I'm so sorry, Ellie.

My FS explained some of the problems with ICSI to me the other day... While it does give a better chance at fertilisation and completely bypasses any male factor issues, the act of injecting the sperm into the egg damages it. This is why we had so many with fragmentation problems. He said that if we have to do ICSI again for us that they would probably look into using something called a polscope. Apparently it's a special kind of light source that allows them to see where all the genes are in the egg and inject into it with much less chance of damaging it. Perhaps this is something you may want to look into next time? But I'll be praying real hard that you won't need a next time and that those two little embies you have are fighters!

Boo, wishing you the hugest amounts of good luck for the test today!

Summer, keep hanging in there with DH. Menfolk are fragile things, and as they keep everything inside they can be very hurt but not know how to show it or fix it. But there's one thing you can take away from this - he wants a baby *with you* very, very much. And if he's anything like my DH he'll be a fabulous support when things get rough.

Me... hot flushes from letrozole suck! Big time! It's worse than the clomid hot flushes, but I don't seem to be having any of the emotional effects that I did with the clomid. Here's hoping!

BW

hello girls. well after thinking i have had no side effects from puregon last night i got a reaction. since about 4pm my belly looks like i have eaten a mass feed and i have had a constant burning feeling across my tummy. is this the swollen, tender ovaries feeling people describe. poor DH was a bit upset coz AF only left a couple of days ago and now my tummy is too tender for me to really feel like any "hanky-panky" but i know we need to soon before my EPU. ( acouple of days before i think) oh well i hope my bloods are correct on wednesday. fingers crossed.
    Ellie- i hope your two snowbubs are fighters!!! hopefully you will only need one....

Sonya, Yep sounds like you have a reaction all right! My ovaries feel so big that everytime my bladder gets full it presses on them and everything stings. I know there is no way any"thing" is getting in there near my ovaries so DH had to get his mags out for the job at hand! LOL nothing is private with AC is it?
    Ellie, so sorry that your fab numbers are down to 2. You must feel so dissapointed but just imagine how strong those two must be. And if one takes now and the other next time you want a bub you will might be glad only 2 survived! Imagine if you had all 10 and they all worked? Ok, so not quite realistic but I hope you can see what I mean? Just trying to think of a positive way to look at things. Anyhow I hope you go ok with transfer today and that you take it easy on yourself for the TWW. Try not to stress (yeah right!)
    BW, bugger about the hot flushes! I had them for a while on synarel but that seems to have passed. Plus I finished that yesterday morning. I hope they pass soon.
    Me. I am blessedly medication free today after taking my last synarel yesterday morning and my trigger inj last night. It was absolutely painless and easy to do but has left me a bit sore today? I was expecting it to absolutely cane when I did it but it didnt.(which is great) Another early start tomorrow. 4.45am I have warned DH as I am due in at 7.30 with a 2hr drive + allowing time for getting lost again (OMG I am just hopeless driving in adelaide under pressure) or any other stuff ups. DH is due for his part at 9am so I'm guessing that I will be waiting around in there for a little while before they actually get started on me. I should get released by about 1pm then 2hr drive back home. I'm getting so nervous now and not as excited as I was earlier in the cycle because I know that I am closer now to knowing if things are good or bad but I must admit I am feeling so much more positive about this cycle than anything in the past and DH admits that too. We are trying not to get our hopes up too much so we wont be too dissapointed.
    Wowsers, this is a long post!!! I shall go now and leave some room for others before we need April#4 hehe

The clinic just rang me with the results its a
    Was too hard to ask many questions being at work but she said all my levels are fine - i'm about 5 weeks pregnant and i'm due 17/12/07!! Have to go back into the clinic after work and pick up some meds and take my IVF drugs back so i'll be able to ask everything then. I can't beleive after all this time it has finally happened that this one is a sticky one.

I'll come back and attempt personals when i have calmed down a bit!!

Yay Boo! Unbelievable that you get as far as you did and at the 11th hour finally get a positive! I'm unbelievably excited and so, so happy for you!

BW

HOORAY BOO!! I am sooo excited and please for you. You have amazed me with how you got a + while doing the lead up for IVF. I so hope this one is it for you guys! How amazing!!!
    Hugs from Sazz

YIPPEE!!! Great news Boo! And on your own...clever thing!!!!

Our two little ones are snuggled away now...6 cell was an 8 by the time we transfered so 2 x 8 cells...got to be happy with that...the others are all sitting around 6 cells but have started to fragment so we'll see how they look on wednesday...may get some snowbies after all? So now the 2WWW....

OMG BOO!!!!! i have been thinking of you all morning hoping for a great result!!!Well done you clever girl you.............. all my sticky vibes for you both and hope to read all about it for the next 34 or so weeks YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast