Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

mellmell Guest

Smile meltdown over

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the comfort and kindness, especially BOC. You have just been through hell and here I am ranting about 8 follies and you were comforting me, now I feel like a total selfish fool . You are such a trooper! I realise how lucky I am to be able to access IVF at all and that 8 is fine and some poeple get told they have none and the cycle is cancelled. YAY for my little follies LOL.

Lionfish - How did you go sweetie????

Mel............Bring on the Pregnyl!!!

Lionfish - Any news?
    MellMell - 8 is not huge but it is a good number. The more follies you have, the more pain you tend to be in, especially after EPU. I had 21 and after EPU I had severe OHSS. Just remember, it's the quality, not the quantity. It only takes one embie to make a beautiful baby honey, so don't be too hard on yourself. You are well on your way there.
    Miss K - I hope you are feeling better today and mother has noticed you are not at work!
    BOC - I'm so pleased you and DH seem to be turning a corner. I hope it cdontinues to improve. Good on you having the hair cut. It always gives me a pick-me-up too!

AFM - I had a hellish day at work. I cried 3 times and just can't seem to get ahead. The last thing I want is work stress hanging over my head at this point in time. WOOSAH!

Good night ladies xx

Hope everyone is having good day.

Mell: don't feel bad, we are all going through our own personal hell. I feel a little selfish too complaining when it's only my first round when there's people here who've had up to a dozen rounds and gotten nowhere. But all that aside we're here for each other and we all understand in a way noone else can.

Spring: Sorry to hear you had a bad day. Sounds like a bubble bath night is well overdue! (Tip: if you want to make really good bubbles use Johnson's baby shampoo. Leaves bubble bath products for dead. It's also a fabulous alternative for a makeup remover!)

Sending lots of to the rest of you.

AFM have had a good day today, in a really positive place today. I decided to spoil myself this arvo and did a hair treatment, ocean salt facial and avocado & lemongrass shower steam. There's no hot water left (oops!) but I feel so much better It is also my 3-month wedding anniversary today so have prettied myself up and am cooking a nice dinner for DH seeing as he's tried so hard yesterday & today.

I'm going on a winery tour on Saturday, for those that know the Hunter Valley it's the Lovedale Long Lunch. Am going to break my self-imposed alcohol ban (3 months now) for one day only and enjoy some wine tasting. I'm hoping I don't turn into a blubbering mess along the way

Enjoy the rest of your evening and thank you all again for being the wonderful people you are!

God morning ladies. I'm going in for my transer in ONE HOUR!!! Aaargh! Wish me luck.

Goodluck Spring!!! Will be crossing everything for you hunny xoxox

Ok, transfer now done. FS was running an hour and a half late, which means by the time it was my turn my bladder was ready to burst! I'm happy now, all done. Unfortunately it's time to get ready for work.

Have a great weekend girls. I hope my my little embies are snuggling it nice and tight. Please stick, please stick!

Spring I am sending you lots of

Miss K thanx for explaining the drilling I had never heard of it either, heres hoping that it is your answer.

Mellmell, hope you are feeling ok after your EPU. Was great to meet you this morning and chat. Goodluck will be thinking of you. Take care of yourself.

AFM - EPU done and I have eggs hopefully fertilised and growing! Will know more tomoro.

Spring, just a quick one, which IVF clinic are you going to? And how did you get them to put back 2 if you are only 30? I asked my FS to put back 2 and he refused and told me they can't do it for women under 35. For me it's ok but my DH is 52 and I want our family (2-3 kids) completed before he's 55 and I asked if they would do 2 as a kind of safety net incase 1 didn't work.

I'm also thinking of changing to one of the Sydney clinics cause there's a few other things about my FS I don't like. I've heard some good feedback about New Generation (???) at Westmead, anyone dealt with them?

Thinking of you all, wherever you may be.

BOC - I'm with Fertility First in Hurstville. Dr Anne Clarke is the doctor. She is excellent and has won many awards.
    The first two cycles we transferred one at a time. But with the second one we thought, what the hell, lets try two. When we asked about if we could the nurse said most couples do two and some to more. I've heard some don't allow it for fear of twins, but it increases your odds and the worst that can happen is that you give birth to two beautiful babies. For me, twins aren't ideal as I don't have any support network in town. But it's the risk the parents should make, not the docters. I hope this helps.

BOC - so sorry to read your news. I hope you had a lovely dinner with your DH and you enjoy the wine tasting. We're all here to support you!

B2B - how are you? Ready to start jabbing? I'm getting nervous hee hee.

Spring - glad your transfer went well. Now, lots of resting this weekend for you.

Hello to the new and returned ladies in here too!

AFM I've been quiet and waiting waiting waiting - and FINALLY got AF today. So my progynova/provera routine actually worked! I must say it's so bizarre to have AF again, considering I've had about 2 x AF in the last 3 years ha ha, and that was when I was on the pill. Before we found my clotting disorder, as now I'm not allowed to take the pill.

Anyway I am all set for my BT and scan on Monday, and to start jabbing. So excited. God it's been a bloody long wait since we found out in September that we needed full IVF.

DH is going to be away next week too, but I'll be ok I think. I hope!!
    Anyway I'm working in a polling booth tomorrow for our daylight saving referendum, which means about a 14-15 hour day - eek. Better head off to bed soon!!

Lovenhope Guest

Hi Girls,
    I've just been quietly lurking, but thought I'd drop in to say Hi!

Boc- I'm so sorry about your result. Thinking of you! I'm at IVFAustralia (Maroubra) They only put one back too. As I've only just started I've decided to not just my FS until I've finished the cycle. I hope he proves himself worthy .

Mrs P- GL for Monday. What a long wait you have had.

Spring- sending you heaps of

AFM- I started synarel yesterday and I think it has just hit me, what I am undertaking. The taste is awful, but the spray is not as bad as I thought- when I manage to spray correctly. It took me three goes this morning. THe first two attempts dribbled right out again. Anyway, one day at a time.

Hi to everyone else

mellmell Guest

Default feeling flat...........

Well, EPU done with not so great result. 6 eggs from 8 follies. Scientist rang this morning, only 5 of my eggs were okay for ICSI. Because DP sperm were only "babies" (obtained via tesa) only 3 fertilised. So I will definately be having ET on Monday. She didn't say anything about how they looked so I'm guessing they were not great. She told me she would call again tomorrow with a time for ET, however I'm really not expecting to have any left by then. It seems things just keep going from bad to worse. I feel even more bummed because DP didn't even ring me yesterday to check-in after UPU, despite yesterday being his day off O'seas .
    Lionfish - it was so nice to meet you too, hope you are having more luck than me.......

Mel...

Lovenhope Guest

mellmell- Those results seem o.k. to me. If ET is definitely on, then at least one must be doing o.k. Stay positive and GL for Monday.

Mrs P - Congrats on AF! That's wonderful news! Now it's full steam ahead? I look forward to hearing how you go. Bust of luck.

Sandygirl - You are lucky you can manage the spray. All it did for me is caused this most horrid sneezing fits and I had to change over to the injections.

Mellmell - I can understand your dissapointment. I am thinking of you and hope all goes well on Monday. Yours chances of having atleast one good embie are too good to ignore xx
    When DP does call, give him a good roasting!

AFM - Panic mode!!!

Hello ladies, all was well and dandy this morning until I realised I didn't get given my progesterone pessaries yesterday after transfer. I have one in the fridge from my last cycle but because they didn't tell me when to start taking them I'm in a state of panic! I took them at different stages with my previous cycles because of what my cycle was like, so what do I do? Should I take the onyl one I have in the fridge now? Do they sell them at chemists?
    The FS after hours numbers closed at 12.00pm so they won't get my message until Monday. I'm thinking I should take the pessary tonight and hope for the best. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Will it affect the cycle that much?

I have been lurking in here for a while and just wanted to pop in and say g'day and to you all.

Spring: I'm sorry but I don't know what you should do. Hope you are able to find an answer.
    Mel: Fingers crossed for Monday for you hun.
    Sandy: GL with your first cycle hun. Hope it all works out "positive" for you
    Miss K: Hi. I too remember you from the 6+ month thread. I'm sorry to hear about your little angel. After everything you went through too.
    & to everyone I have missed.

DH & I went for our first visit with the FS on Thursday and as nervous as I was, I am a lot more at-ease with it all now. The nurse took my blood pressure and said it was a little high, but could tell I was anxious so said she would check it again on our next visit. Dr was lovely. Very supportive and answered all of our questions. Listening to him go through everything made everything "click" with what I have been reading in here. Unfortunately as I am just about to start a new cycle I have to wait until the next one to start the OCP and then cycle after that it's on to the injections. The nurse estimated that all going well we should have EPU and ET around the beginning of August. So as far away as that seems, it's not too bad.... Now, back to finish my last assignment for the semester!!!

Hi guys - just thought i'd pop in and say Hi to you all ... i hope everyone is well

MellMell - i can totally understand how you are feeling hun..... i was in exactly the same situation as you but my count was worse ... i only had 6 follies ... EPU only got 5 eggs... 3 fert normal... one embie on ET day (the other two couldnt be frozen)....its very disheartening isnt it... but hopefully you'll get there.... I hope all goes great on monday

Oh Sandy with the sniffing..... im sure you'll get the hang of it soon

Cass - its nice to see you in here (tho u know i'd much rather see u in the bb threads)... So glad to hear your FS appt went well .. Hope it all goes well for you hun

MissK i remember you too hun... Its great to see u back also... Hope all is going well for you xox

Spring - i really dont know the answer either... hopefully someone in here will know

MrsP - goodluck with the Jabbing..... wow it must be so a relief to get the ball rolling again huh.....

A big hello to everyone i have missed (i know there are a few but will catch up soon)

AFM - im at the start of my first IVF TWW.... i had my ET on Thursday and it sucks already lol... i hate TWW... i just feel in my heart our first cycle hasnt worked so its getting me down

Anyway will be back later to catch up on more

xox

Lovenhope Guest

Spring- I had my orientation on Thursday and actually asked a similar question. I wanted to know what was the difference between the progesterone gel and the HCG injections. THe reply was even though they are different, they are there to boost a possible pregnancy. I was told they are not necessary as our body also produces the required hormones. She said some doctors include it in their protocol and others don't. If it was me I would use what I had and wait for the call on Monday. HTH

Sandygirl - Thanks for your help. I've been googling about it and found that most searches said what you are saying, it's a booster and not completely necessary. I'm just so scared of stuffing it want to give my two little embies the best chance of survival. I've decided to go ahead and take it tonight, get more on Monday and hope I've done the right thing. How did you go with the puffing last night?

Nikki - I'm just one day ahead of you in the TWW. Let's worry together! lol!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast