Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

Well hi all, Hope everyone is having a lovely easter weekend.

As for me Af arrived today so BT tommorrow, lets hope it will truely be a good friday and I can start injecting on Sat. Unfortunately it came 2 days early which means I will need to have second bloods done while I am away in melbourne. We are staying in the city, does anyone know of a clinic in the city area? A name would help so i can arrange to have bloods and results given to my clinic in perth.

Dont eat to much chocolate now. hope everyone can take some time to relax and chill over the weekend as for me Painting DS new room to move him out of the nursery as possitive that we will be needing it soon.

Hi Melissal,

My DH has low count, motility and poor shape. His first tests came back as such so the FS ordered another test because he hadn't been feeling well and she said that this could affect his count. I believe that she said shape is genetic and can't be changed but that numbers could definitely be affected by being unwell so I wouldn't worry about it too much at all. Also, if need be there is always ICSI. Apparently using ICSI yeilds the same fertilisation rate as a normal sperm profile so again, I wouldn't stress about it. Best of luck with IVF!

JME - thanks, I am guessing he will be in for another test much to his disgust!! However, we are still waiting for the morphology results, how long should they take? We are both a bit torn really, I mean, I am really hoping for his sake that everything is normal and it was just his illness but then on the other hand, we have had the frustration of not knowing what is wrong as well. Oh well, time will tell

Morning ladies!

Happy Easter long weekend! Hope you're all enjoying it.

Bella55 - i think congratulations are in order! So excited for you and I have everything crossed for you

Pollyanna75 - so sorry for your BFN. 8 transfers!! Cheers to you for not giving up - you sound so positive, you must be made of strong stuff. I am in a similar situation to you - everything appears fine just no BFP. I'll be doing transfer number 5 soon. It's definately time for your BFP - best of luck.

jme - welcome. i suspect we have the same clinic. Melb IVF? Love my FS and most nurses have been great but hate hate hate the whole process with them. They only recently changed to the 'call the PLA first and pay before you can speak to anyone' - the first time this happened to me i was so shocked I cried. As if it isn't bad enough to have to call someone and say 'I got my period - here's my credit card details'?

Saph204 - You also sound very positive with your attitude. Glad AF arrived for you and best of luck for your coming cycle.

BOC - you poor baby!! You've had such a rotten time with all the drugs. Hope things get a bit easier for you. I didn't have any trouble with the drugs but did develop a mild case of OHSS towards the end. Good luck with your jabbing. And to answer your pee or not to pee question - if AF hasn't shown by 2 days before my BT i always pee - I'm the same as Polyanna - i need to know before that dreaded phone call. I'm also with you on a 'BFP Bonanza' - go girls!!

Lionfish - thanks for the welcome. Good luck with your pill popping.

JBM - go the six week challenge - hope you get results.

Sandygirl - the hardest part of IVF has always been the mental/emotional part for me. Wishing you all the strength you need.

On-track - i completely understand your being upset about a possible month off. Crossing my fingers this isn't the case for you. I hate the waiting - why are we always waiting??

xxRobxx - Good luck with trying naturally. How does that go again?? lol - think i've forgotten.....
    As for improving sperm quality my husband takes zinc and folic acid and wears boxers. He's had heaps of sperm tests and each one has shown improvement. Definately give the zinc a go.

Trueblue - hi and good luck with trying naturally.

Loops - hope your TWW goes quickly. How do we not look for symptoms? Impossible!! Anything promising so far?

Melissal - Welcome and good luck. So sorry for your losses. My FS has told us that being unwell definately affects sperm quality, especially fever. Chances are his results are worse than they would normally be. I've also been told that you shouldn't rely on one test but a serious of tests. My husband has had to do three tests over a week before to get a better picture of what is actually happening.

JBM - woohoo for the 1/2kilo weight loss!

Smithy - hoping May comes quickly for you. Good luck

Ella'sMum - hope AF comes soon for you.

Mahli09 - hi and welcome. The camcorder documenting your journey for your future children is a lovely idea. Hope it's a short journey though.

AFM: AF arrived today - i think?? I have issues here. I spoke to my FS during the week and we will be going ahead with this thaw cycle as usual - but with blood tests to monitor ovulation not just the LH kit and progesterone pessaries for support. He's also order me a stack of blood tests for potential implation problems - will have the test next week and see what shows up.

Wow - massive post - if you made it to the end well done! Sorry to anyone i missed or if i mixed anyone up. to all.

Good morning and happy Good Friday!

Melissal - I think the tests took a week or two to get the results but I'm not 100% sure. FS went away on holidays and her replacement wouldn't give us the results we had to wait longer than initially told. Unfortunately multiple tests came back with the same result for us. DH was quite upset. I was quite excited to be honest because I knew that ICSI wouldn't pretty much fix the problem as long as he wasn't zero and because I didn't want to fall in to the "unexplained" category or worse, to find out that I couldn't carry.

Infinity - yes MIVF. I wouldn't say I was looking forward to speaking to PLAs but I was anxious to pay the fee, speak to the nurse and find out what I had to do. They made mistakes on my stim cycle and I almost had to delay three months (because of Christmas shutdown). I ended up running back to the clinic the day before I was supposed to start my injections to pick up the pen and had to teach myself to do the injections with the video. It was all pretty stressful so i was hoping to avoid that this time. Now with the four day long weekend, I'm just hoping that it won't be too late to start if I only get to speak to them on day 5. It's my first FET so not sure what to expect. I looked up the process on the website and think we should be ok.

Saph204 - Good luck with the BT.

Has anyone used acupuncture? I've read some articles stating that it improves the success rate, and figured that it couldn't really hurt. Anyone know of a good one in Melbourne CBD?

Good morning lovely ladies.... HAPPY EASTER LONG WEEKEND!

Infinity - GL with all your bloods - hopefully you get some answers.

Melissal - i to remember you! we were cycle buddies a few times! - sorry to see you here. As for DH sperm - i see a naturopath who is fantastic and she was telling me about treatment for men and how effective it is - my DH sperm is ok but they wanted to start him on cholesterol tablets but apparently that can effect the sperm so she was going to give him something to balance - anyway we didn't have to as we did ICSI which overcomes any sperm issues anyway - plus i suppose they can't be that bad you have conceived naturally twice right? anyway worth checking out but also ditto zinc and folic acid...GL and take care. xx

Saph - GL with bt today and hope you can begin jabbing away!

Pollyanna - thanks for the good wishes.. sorry about the bfn but best of luck for upcoming FET.

Welcome jme

BOC - interesting debate - my understanding is you only get a flase positive if your on HCG supplementation like pregnyl.. I'm just on crinone so don't think that effects it!

Mahli - GL with you cycle just remeber to take it a little easier than usual and be extra nice to yourself throughout!

Rob - GL on your free month!

Hello to everyone else....

AFM - another BFP today within 3 min - these are tests i pinched from work (with permission from my boss!) which are 25iu tests so i think it's looking really good - DH won't believe til BT so thought i might go into work and get one done today - sooooo naughty i know! will keep you all posted - thanks for crossing fingers/toes and for all your prayers keep them up for now please!!!!!

xxBella

Lovenhope Guest

Just Quickly....

Bella- That is so exciting

Lovenhope Guest

Melissa- i just saw your post. Welcome. It's nice to see another familiar face (so to speak), even if under these circumstances. My DH also had not very good SA results. He was also sick the week prior to test and we conceived since then anyway (2nd ectopic). We are going for our first FS appointment on the 20th of this month. I'm guessing he is going to have another test anyway.

BBL for more persies.
    DH is getting cranky that i'm not helping with the cleaning .

just wishing you all the best easter ever !! be good and be healthy and hope we get some BFP's soon .xx to all

Hey ladies

Just a quick one, to the ladies with DHs with sperm issues, have your FSs told you about Menevit? It's the male equivalent of ladies' Elevit. It is supposed to be the best for increasing sperm condition. Our FS put DH straight onto it and I have another family member who's count was only 30% and after 6 weeks on Menevit it increased to somwhere around the 80% mark. A lot of chemists etc don't carry it but most are usually happy to order it in for you. It's about the same $$ as the womens, about $20-$30 for 1 month supply or it also comes in a 90 day pack.

Happy Easter to you all and again, echoing Pollyanna's wish, lotsa aggs and "buns in the oven" WOOHOO!!!

Hi Ladies

Sorry to everyone that hasnt received good news for this Easter etc.

Jme and welcome. Don't think I have met you on here yet. GL to you

Melissa and welcome. My DH and I are in the same boat - he has poor sperm count and mobility and his count is constantly changing so it makes it hard to get the right time.

My DH is on "Menevit". His count has improved a tiny bit only but he has only been on it for 3months - if that. We get it from a chemist warehouse down here. I think I want to try him on some other things though if this IUI doesnt work out this time.

Bella - so very excited for you - its looking so good. Look forward to the proper results.

Infinity - thanks. I havent had any real major symptoms as If Im pregnant and today on 10dpo, I feel AF is just about to arrive. I have had a lot of tummy pain. Still hoping for the best but I dont think I'm going to get that BFP now. The only thing I did have that was different was pimples on weird parts of my body such as my legs.
    Anyway only about a week before BT but I will probably know before then.

Goodluck to everyone, whereever you are at.
    Last edited by Loops12; April 10th, 2009 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Mistake

Well it's official..... HCG 137!!!!!!!!!

DH and i have just been out for lunch.. now ready for arvo snooze!

Happy easter everyone

xxBella

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY BELLA!!!!!!!

Here's wishing you a H & H 9months

AFM am having the worst day so far, feeling totally rotten. The only thing I seem to be able to stomach is dark chocolate and ginger ale

And I inhereted this lovely trait from my mother whereby whenever I am sick all the capillaries around my face & neck pop which leaves the most enticing puffy blotchy look. So as you can imagine I am so hot right now my neighbour just came around and as soon as I opened the door he went eeeewwwwww! Gee thanks.

Anyway DH has gone to hit some golf balls so I might go have a nap with the furbaby. She still loves me even though I'm deranged and ugly

Quote for the day: Gotta love it.

Who is your REAL best friend?
    Lock your spouse and your dog in the boot of your car for an hour.
    When you come back, who is really happy to see you?

Have a good one!

Lovenhope Guest

Yay Bella!

barney Guest

congrats BELLA ,well done hunny
    enjoy your pg

Well done Bella, Hope everything is just wonderful for you and DH

AFM green light to go ahead start jabbing tomorrow. Blood in Melbourne on thurs and have found two collection centres within a block from our hotel. Now lets just hope no dramas with taking drugs on plane.

Hi ladies,

Well once again I find myself preparing for my 1st IVF cycle. We've had quite a few setbacks but now I just need to 'pass' my BT on Tuesday and I'll actually be starting! We managed to get some of DH's sperm frozen, somehow inbetween all his illnesses (he's had infected testicles 3 times since November) and antibiotics, some of them remained healthy enough!

So I think I'll definitely need some support in here - I had become accustomed to having to wait until about July, so now just need to get my head around starting now! Very excited though!

ETA just realised I had to update my sig as I turned 30 last week - eeeek!

Bella - awesome news hun . I see a naturopath as well and went to see her as soon as we found out so now DH has an evil concoction to take as well as zinc. I must admit, I just cracked up the first time he took it - just the expression on his face was classic!!
    JME - oh I am glad that I'm not the only one who was glad in a way that there was actually a problem. I've seen enough people who have fallen into the unexplained category and it was a daunting thought to have to go down that road myself. My SIL is about to start her second cycle of ivf so I've also read about AP increasing success rates and to me, def sounded worth a shot
    Sandy - hun, good to see another familiar face!
    Infinity - wow awesome job with your persies, I am V impressed!!!! for your thaw cycle
    Mrs P - happy belated !! I am in the same boat, turn 30 in a few weeks except I am thinking that it won't be as traumatic as going from 27 to 28 - seemed such a huge jump at the time . Best of luck for your first ivf, hope it is first time lucky for you
    BOC - hope you get well soon, crappy way to have to spend a long weekend!
    Loops - hi and thanks for the welcome
    Sorry but this is all quite new to me so will apologise now for all of the questions. Just got DH full SA back and it didn't look good. His morphology came back 4% normal, 96% abnormal - going back to the whole illness thing, does this affect just numbers and motility or can it affect morphology as well? I am totally clueless about this side of things but those stats look really frightening to an ignoramus like myself. I know I should wait to hear from the dr what the plan of attack will be but I am far too impatient to wait that long!!! Hope you are all having a great long weekend, sadly I am spending the whole time working nightshift, fun fun!!!!!!

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast