thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

Jan 2008
    Sunny Paradise

Lionfish - I had exactly the same. Truckloads of CM. Apparently it's common. No need to worry.

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Miss K thanks for the run down, I am so sorry about your responce to FSH. Mine has been the other way. I got up to 125iu last time and had an unresponsive cycle and got cancelled. So this time I will start on 100iu and have been using metformin. Oh well I willo just have to keep jabbing away. You info was interesting, i have a review with FS on the 16th of June so I may discuss this as an option.

BOC I am so sorry for your loss. I know this is a devestating time and DH is probably protecting himself from feeling the pain by not feeling anything at all. It is different for the men as they dont have the chemical changes that we have even at this early stage. Just be there for each other.This might sound a little callous but this is a positive it raises points that implantation has occured now what to do to maintain it. I am the stage where i am wondering if we can even fall pregnant as after 6 cycles we have not had even the slightest sniff of a baby. I keep thinking of all the money and what else I could have done with it. But please remember my situation is different we are TTC#2.

Jan 2007
    Nth Qld

Thank you So much mindhugs I feel better about that

Oct 2008
    Sydney

BOC - I am sorry for your loss. I was in the same position as you last October. I had severe OHSS and was told that this usually means I'll fall pregnant. Well, I did, sort of, but my levels soon dropped, just as yours did. Give yourself some time, as you need it. If DH has trouble talking about it, find a close friend, mum or sister who has a good ear and gives warm hugs.

Lionfish - I agree with Mindhugs, lots of CM is normal, icky, but normal.

AFM - Unexpectedly I had to trigger yesterday after being told I had already ovulated. It caught me by surprise as I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow. So, time for jabbing with pregnyl once again. FET will be on Friday some time, which means I don't get to go to the races! Damn! I was looking forward to a few champas and wine. No, Saturday is now a rest day for me.

I have one concern though, when I bought my pregnyl 1500 it didn't feel cold. When I asked them it had been refrigerated, they said yes. How much do you reckon this could affect things if it wasn't? It keeps playing in the back of my mind.

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Boc- Sorry to hear of your loss expecially after trying soo hard getting the happiness then getting sad news its the most awful thing ANYBODY can go through! Its hard when DH is not a very emotional person as it means its hard to show emotion yourself cause you feel as though you are the only one thats hurt and he isn't as much (he is but doesn't show it) mine is the same and was the same after OHSS and loosing our little angel ... IF you need ANYTHING you know all us girls are here for support and if you want to just let it all out via a private messge to me I am happy to listen and try and make u feel a little better xoxoxo

Saph - Its definately worth talking to your FS about it because this is my last resort now before turning to donor egg or looking into adoption and for a few more scars and a lil more hope its soo worth it just the waiting till the 4th june to see whats going on down there and if its going to work shall kill me its like the 2WW in 4WW to see if there is an O coming up then another 2WW!

Spring - I have everything crossed for you hunny!! I am not sure on Pregnyl side of things lets hope it doesn't matter either way I thought aslong as they were under a certain temp and out of the sun it would be ok till opened?

Sorry if I type soo much I am the biggest chattabox you'll meet!!

mellmell Guest

hello lionfish

Lionfish we are cycle buddies! I also have a scan tomorrow and EPU friday, and also noticed CM today!!! I was worried that the synarel had not worked and i was ovulating!I will let you know how the scan goes tomorrow night. Right now i have lots of back and abdo pain so hoping that plenty of eggies are growing.

mellmell Guest

Lionfish

I am also in NQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Aug 2008

Hi guys,

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to you all for the support and kind words. I really appreciate it, and you guys are pulling me through.

I cornered DH in the kitchen tonight and asked him why he's acting so cold. Basically he sees it that it was so early and because it wasn't yet a foetus he basically believes it never existed. It made me really angry, especially since he told his son that we just got a negative. Now I'm just working on getting him to acknowledge it. We'll see how we go.

MissK: Thankyou you're so kind. Don't mind the chatterbox, I'm a bit that way too, sometimes there's not enough words to say what you mean

Spring: Good luck with the early trigger! Don't fret too much about the races, you'll prob save yourself a few $$$ from the champas and flutters so that's gotta be good

Saph: How are you finding the metformin? I had "morning sickness" on it for the first 2 weeks but was fine after that.

To everyone else, :gooduck: with your pill-popping, sniffing, jabbing etc. Saying a for you all.

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Boc - I bet you just wanted to stamp on his head!!! Men have funny ways of coping don't they!!!

WARNING LONG RANT:
    I just had a HUGE teary on the phone to my nanna of all people!! As I have said in previous post had my ovarian drilling on Friday well I don't have a very supportive mother at all she thinks I should wait and it will happen when its ready.. We are partners in a business together she does the book work and I do everything else so I was questioned why I wasn't at work and when I was returning I am still weak and sore from the surgery on Friday to my reply probably Thursday ( mind you there is another girl opening and closing for me and I wasn't needed anyways).. Though I had no message or phone call asking me how I was feeling if I am getting better blah blah its like she is ignoring the fact I have just gone through surgery! The only person to check up on me is my grandparents and bestfriends I really don't know what to do I thought Mums were supposed to be supportive of the decisions their children make! Not always be wrong and be the enemy

End of Rant sorry had to get it out!

Oct 2008
    Sydney

Chatterbox # 3, here I come!

Miss K - I hope you are right about the pregnyl. It's just that the packaging says 2-8 degrees so I couldn't understand why a chemist of all places, wouldn't have it stored properly. I'm such a stress head.
    And about your mother, my mum is EXACTLY the same as yours. She is just as supportive as your mum. I've decided it's because a) she doesn't understand the severity of the situation (she's old school) b) she's like most people and that that it will happen naturally, with or without IVF so why bother worrying about it c) because she had 9 children (YES, 9!) she thinks I don't need help. Miss K, your mum is like most people I think, but it's just a shame that both our mum's can't get past those stigmas and just BE THERE. I deal with it by not talking about my situation with people who aren't very supportive. If they want to know, tell them, but keep it simple so that you minimise the hurt when they don't sound that interested in the answer.

BOC - You are sounding more positive already lovey! Hang in there. Don't mind DH. He may very well be trying to distance his emotions from the situation so that he doesn't get hurt. As most of us women know men deal with situations VERY differently. Don't force him to open up as this could get the opposite reaction. But it is important that you let him know how you feel as this could help him connect with his feelings about the situation and help him understand why you have reacted the way you have.

MellMell - Good luck on Fri. You must be getting very excited! I hope they scoop up lots and lots of follies. I'll be thinking of you

Good night ladies. Time for some shut eye

Jen xx

mellmell Guest

Unhappy Ivf madness!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Ladies,

Just to let you know I have now officially lost my mind. I had my scan this morning and I have 6 20mm follies on the left and 2 20mm follies on the right. 8 in total. My FS seemed happy, I started to cry and said "How can there only be 8". He turned the screen to show me like I thought he was lying to me. I was very dissapointed. He tried to console me then sent me out to the nurses. Don't get me wrong I think he is a great FS and kind too, it's just that I have IVF madness!!! I had an expectation of 10-12 big fat follies at least (I have had so much pain I thought i was growing 100), no now I feel like my body let me down. Rationally I know it's an okay result, but I can't shake the feeling of sadness. To compound the craziness now I'm worried that if I sneeze (my yard just got mowed) I will somehow bust the follies and my eggs will be lost!! Have I really lost the plot or what!!!

Mell..............

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

I'm sure sneezing can't do any harm.....sorry mell for your confusion but I'm due for my first EPU in a few weeks so I have no idea what normal numbers are
    Last edited by Baby2Bee; May 13th, 2009 at 01:11 PM.

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Aww Mell hunny its soo disappointing when your expecting them to say 10 and its a smaller amount its not very nice! It does become an obsession but there is nothing wrong with that and don't let anybody tell you otherwise! See I got stressed out yesterday and I was like oh no my surgery will fail and I won't produce and egg and that means I have to search for other options or something.. Its a very hard thing and you think the worst of everything cause we all are used to disappointment! sending lots of *babydust* your way babe And crossing everything that can be crossed for Friday!

Spring - Thanks hunny atleast I know I am not the only one with a crazy oldschool mother

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

you've got me intrigued Miss K......if you don't mind me asking, what's ovarian drilling?

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Aug 2008

Mell: It's ok we all get the madness. I think the hormones we're pumped with add to that. Shortly before my EPU when I was drugged to the eyeballs and an emotional wreck I cried at the supermarket when I couldn't find the frozen peas in their normal section! As for your FS, men just don't seem to get it do they! In fact I don't think anyone other than IVF-ers get it. toes and everything else for your EPU. Don't forget lots of water.

Spring: I hope your pregnyl is ok. As you say, surely a chemist of all people knew what to do. Maybe it was just new stock and they'd just unpacked it? My FS gives it to me direct, and you also get a little soft esky type thing with ice packs for transportation. Pity more FSs haven't thought of that.

MissK: Sorry to hear about the Mum probs. It's good that your grandparents are so supportive. Maybe they can have a "chat" to her and try and make her see sense. If all else fails, you always have us. All rants and raves welcome and we all know EXACTLY how you feel.

AFM I'm doing ok. Went to the hairdressers today and cut all my hair off (I've been growing it for 2yrs) and I feel a bit fresher. Gonna put on some makeup and some nice clothes and hope that picks me up a bit. DH and I had a bit of a pow-wow at 3:30am this morning. He made the mistake of telling me how the last thing he needed before he goes to work is me being upset. Well I just fired back and told him the last thing I need is to be feeling like this. I told him I can't do this on my own and I need him to be a husband not a judge and I need him to show me full support because a hug just doesn't cut it etc etc etc. Anyway I think I got through cause he rang me a few hours ago and he was a completely different man. Let's hope anyway!

Anyway I had better get off here, wishing you all lots of

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Okie dokies here is a detailed explanation:

Ovarian Drilling

For women of child-bearing age who do not ovulate, a surgical procedure that may be suitable in some cases is laparoscopic ovarian drilling. The aim is not to treat the cysts but to destroy a portion of each ovary.

For reasons that doctors do not fully understand, damage to a small amount of ovarian tissue tends to reduce the male hormone levels and helps to restore normal or nearly normal function of the ovaries. However, the only benifit of the surgery is to provoke ovulation; it is not a treatment for PCOS.

During the procedure,small portions of each ovary are destroyed usina a diathermy (heat) needle. About 10-20 tiny holes are drilled into each ovary, Some surgeons use a laser device!

Success rates have been good. About eight women with PCOS out of every 10 ovulate after undergoing laparoscopic ovarian drilling. Studies show that about one woman of child-bearing age out of every two achieves desired pregnancy after this surgery. However, the procedure is not a cure. The beneficial effects can be short lived! Also those who have not had success from Clomid or FSH drugs may now be responsive after the laprascopic ovarian drilling.

This procedure is usually performed usung "keyhole surgery" ( laparascopy) A slender viewing tube (laparascope) is inserted through the belly button. Surgical instruments are inserted through additional small incisions. After treatment, the instruments are removed and incisions are stitched closed.

Hope this gives you all a better understanding of it Much love xo

Dec 2007
    Queensland

MissK: Sorry to hear about the Mum probs. It's good that your grandparents are so supportive. Maybe they can have a "chat" to her and try and make her see sense. If all else fails, you always have us. All rants and raves welcome and we all know EXACTLY how you feel.

AFM I'm doing ok. Went to the hairdressers today and cut all my hair off (I've been growing it for 2yrs) and I feel a bit fresher. Gonna put on some makeup and some nice clothes and hope that picks me up a bit. DH and I had a bit of a pow-wow at 3:30am this morning. He made the mistake of telling me how the last thing he needed before he goes to work is me being upset. Well I just fired back and told him the last thing I need is to be feeling like this. I told him I can't do this on my own and I need him to be a husband not a judge and I need him to show me full support because a hug just doesn't cut it etc etc etc. Anyway I think I got through cause he rang me a few hours ago and he was a completely different man. Let's hope anyway!

Anyway I had better get off here, wishing you all lots of

Boc- YAY for change its as good as a holiday *hairdresser talk right there :P* Lets hope that what you said does change things forever hunny and you have a new improved hubby by your side xo

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

Thanks MissK....i had never heard of the procedure before. It sounds a little painful!!. Good luck with your journey and hopefully you won't have too many more of these procedures!

... 51314151617