Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

wow theres so many new people in here, i feel like i'm still new but then realise we've been in here for over a year now.

mindhugs: hope AF is nice to you.
    bella: great news about u embies YEAH !! . so sorry u r sore, hope you feel better soon.

cp77: next step for you. good luck
    saph: welcome back , again. what a great job with the weight loss, come and join the weight loss support group on BB. although i havn't lost much. good luck with this next cycle.

smithy: we'll see you soon. hugs
    cass: welcome to the LTTC thread. hope you find some answers soon and get your BFP.

polyanna: acu is good for relaxation. see you soon

2mums: not sure what u mean about difference in relationship with egg/ embryo donor. good or bad thing ?.
    BTW, got fingers crossed for this BFP !!!!!!!!!. i checked out the photos and it should not be getting darker, how long til BT ?
    i am so excited and can't wait til u confirm BFP.

AFM: still chillin.
    got work , school , more work, got today off but doing some house plans so we can start to build soon.

Hi everyone

I hope you guys dont mind me joining this thread again.... i have just been lurking mainly for the last few months but feel its time to come back in here

A bit of background info ... DP and i have been TTC baby #2 for abit over 3 years.... i had a LAP done last Nov and got told i had blocked tubes..... had a HSG done and they couldnt get the dye to fill my uterus so ashumed that i definitely had blocked tubes.... Went to a great FS mid Jan this year to find out i need to have another LAP/Hysteroscopy done as it didnt add up to the FS... anyway i had that done 11th of march to find out my tubes are perfectly fine but i have severe Endo (a complete 360 from my last lap) anyway long story short on Saturday im starting the pill for my first IVF cycle...... i'm so nervous about it but excited at the same time

Anyway so thats my story..... i look forward to getting to know everyone in here

Oh i just have a question for those who have done/are doing IVF... when did you start taking the pill??? was it the first day of AF??? Today is the first day of my AF but i just called the nurse and have to start the "active" pill on Saturday so im just abit confused about that and hoping someone is in the same boat as me

Take care everyone

xox

JBM - LOL... I meant that taking a break is good for your relationship, not the donor egg/embryos...LOL. Sorry to confuse you...

2mums: i got all excited when i saw you posted, thought maybe you might have the good news for us. as for the dumb question i asked, thanks for the answer to that, i think i am doing too much maths as part of my engineering- drafting thing. it has scrambled my brain a bit.
    thanks so much.
    lol i am so funny.
    xx

Default EPU Today

Hi All...hope you don't mind but just wanted to chat - have been a bit of a lurker and only posted once or twice. However today I had my EPU and got 11 eggs, which I am very excirted about. Looking forward to the call tomorrow to see how many fertilised and fingers crossed for the transfer on Saturday, which I am sure after that I might be on here a little more needing some support with my TWW.

Thanks for reading

Hi All... I have not been in here for a LONG time! I have started another IVF cycle (started the OCP on Friday the 13th!! Good Omen!) after a 12 month break. Nothing happen naturally in that time even after a Lap. So I am here again, this time round I have a fantastic new FS on board, I'm fitter and leaner and ready!
    I am lacking enthusiam this time round and thought I would join you all in here in the hope your positive energy will rub off

Beark... Well done 11 eggs that is great, hope you are feeling ok, best luck with the fert.

JBM - Blood test is not until Friday which will be 16 days post Egg Pick Up. Kim is due for AF on Wednesday tho. It is currently 9dp3dt. I have added another photo to our blog the HPT we took this afternoon.It is darker than this morning!! So it can't be the HCG booster!

Two Mums- things are looking good, Here's to hoping.

LionFish- Welcome and wishing you all the very best.

Beark- Congrats on 11 eggs with fertilization of them.

Nikki- Welcome. Wishing you all the best for your cycle.

JBM- Hi to you, hope you enjoyed your day off. All the best.

Cass- Hi to you also. Good luck with your journey.

Hi Smithy, see you back in here soon.

Saph- Welcome to you also.

WOW some many new faces, let hope we can all be a great support to each other.

CP77- Hope all you are going well. Stay positive.

Bella55- Hope all is going well with your cycle and hopefully the pain has stopped and you are feeling better.

Mindhugs- Hope you are well and AF is not causing you too much pain.

AFM- I had a girls weekend away this past weekend so just relaxed and took it easy, only bummer was no drinking for me. Had acupuncture again tonight. Am feeling really good. Have had a few twinges but not too bad. BT is on Friday. Am for a good result. Have not caved in to POAS, am hoping to just be able to wait for fridays results.

Hope I haven't missed anyone but sorry if I have.

Take care all.

for for us all.

Hi everyone,

Sorry have been MIA lately but have been lurking - just soooo tired since EPU and still sore!
    Wow even more new people! WELCOME.......

Twomums - sound promising keep us updated!

Lani - You are soo good for not POAS! Best of luck for Fri

Lionfish - welcome - wow 12month break - you are sounding very positive GL.

Beark - 11 eggs congrats - hope fertilisation results are good today - take care - i was very very sore after 12 egg PU last Fri.

hello to - Nikki, JBM, Cassl, Smithy and Saph - hope i haven't missed anyone!

AFM - ET tom very excited and nervous - started crinone yest - yuk! Having a relaxing day today and have taken Thur off as well so i'm going to chill out!!!

xxBella

Bella - hope you feel better soon! Is not nice being in pain. But GL for the ET!!

TwoMums - How exciting, GL

Laniwantsababy - You sound nice and relaxed, can only help. Have you had acupunture all the way thru? Am not sure if I want to do it this time round even though it has been proven to help.... I just dont love it.

What have you girls done with regards to your IVF cycles and eating well and exercising and alcohol? I am trying to be as healthy as I can be this time round without putting added pressure on myself, was going to not drink, eat really well and continue exercise other than around the EPU and ET of course. Hopefully this will give us the best shot. Healthy eggs in time for PU.

Default A Big Ten

Hi all - i know there is a long way to go but we go the call this morning that 10 out of the 11 fertlised, I am so happy as our problem is DH and wasn't sure how we would go this being our first time.

Bella55- All the best for tomorrow, hope you start felling better soon.

Lionfish- This is the first cycle I have done with Acupucture and I am feeling so much better. The past 3 tries I was always on edge and very anxious, this time round I am feeling amazing. I can not fault the acupuncture. What don't you like about it?

Beark- That is awesome results. for you.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Sending lots of to everyone.

Hello Lovely Ladies!

:Welcome: to all the newbies! Hope you enjoy your stay, these lovely ladies here are fantastic, very helpful

Smithy: Welcome back chicki! Hope you & Coops & the fam are all well. Looking forward to your funny posts once again

TwoMums: Looked at your piccies... Oh Wow! So excited I'm doing a for you!

Nikki: I started my pill (microgynon) on day 1 of AF, and mine is a 21 day cycler with no inactive pills

Lionfish: after asking around I've been told to adjust my diet to high protein or Low GI. I am also working off the philosophy of the less chemicals in my body to interfere with the drugs the better, so out with all the good stuff, junk food, alcohol, caffeine, preservatives etc. I am now proudly 1MONTH ALCOHOL FREE!!! Yay! Someone described it as a policy of "eating nude" i.e nothing prepackaged, make everything yourself from fresh igredients. And above all, 2-3 litres of water per day recommended! Also some type of exercise is recommended, nothing too strenuous but maybe just brisk walking and some light weights.

To everyone else, wishing you all lots of !

AFM, started Synarel last night. Feeling a bit like I've been hit by a dump truck but other than that, all is good. Now it's just a wait for end of pills, AF then BT so all goes to plan. I tell ya, whilst I think my FS is a bit of an arrogant you-know-what the nurse team at the clinic are an absolute Godsend, so lovely, friendly and patient with me!

Thanks to all for the advice RE OHSS, taking it all on board.

Quick question, have been advised by my Osteopath and a few others to consider acupuncture. When exactly throughout the cycle should I be getting this done? Any suggestions?

Hi Everyone and welcome to all our new BB friends!

Ella's Mum - haven't had a HSG so can't help there but really hope your FS is right!

sandygirl - welcome! So sorry to hear what you've been through and sounds a good idea to give yourself time to recover. All the very best of luck on your journey.

LWAB - you are sounding sooo relaxed - can only be a good thing. GL for Friday!

mellmell - we might also be doing IVF with frozen sperm as we are living overseas and coming home for IVF and DH will only be able to be there in person for our first cycle. Any subsequent cycles are going to have to be with frozen. Our FS assures me that there is no difference between fresh and frozen. he's right!

TwoMums - GL for Friday. Absolutely everything crossed for you

beark - 11 eggs - great news 10 out of 11 fertilised - even better

pollyanna75 - fingers crossed for you in your 2WW - hope you're hanging in there okay

Lionfish - welcome back and GL with this cycle - hope this one is your BFP

JBM - hope you are enjoying some time off AC that your house plans are coming along nicely

bella55 - GL with ET tomorrow - fingers crossed for you. This is my first IVF cycle so everything is quite new but what is it that is sooo gross about crinone - or perhaps it would be better if I didn't know do you think??

cp77 - hope AF arrives soon and GL with next steps

saph204 - all the best with getting started again. We have also been ttc #2 for about 18 months. Tried 2 IUI's and have now moved on to IVF. GL!

Smithy - Hi!!

Nikki - I'm on my first cycle of IVF and started the pill on day 5

BOC - I'm also sniffing at the moment and been at it about 2 weeks now. Good luck with it.

Lionfish - with respect to food and exercise etc I have been off alcohol almost completely for at least 6 months, have been doing light exercise like walking & yoga, various supplements as recommended by Zita West, no caffeine ( but I don't drink tea or coffee anywhere so no big sacrifices there) and really trying to limit my chocolate consumption as well (that's my toughie). Other than that just trying to do the nude diet thing as mentioned by someone else but without being obsessive otherwise I find it can all just get a bit too much - trying not to make it feel like some kind of regime but just a more healthy approach. This LTTC feels gruelling enough without completely depriving yourself of all your favourite foods as well.

Sorry I've rambled on enough - sending lots of good vibes and good luck to all.

everyone...... Thanks for the welcome

Lani - Goodluck for your BF on friday

Bella - ooooh best of luck for today with your ET

Beark - Have got my for you...... nice results

Lionfish - thanks for asking everyone what they do regarding healthy eating and exercise..... i have been wondering this myself

Kmond - thanks... its good to know im not the only one not starting the pill on CD1

Boc - do you mind if i ask you what you mean by 21 day cycle???... Hope all goes to plan for you

A big hello to everyone i have missed..... i hope everyone is well

AFM - Not much is happening... obviously... i feel so weird about going on the pill... i guess its just one of those things huh

Take care everyone

xox

Hi all
    WOW - so many of us in here.
    Welcome newbies or those back after time out - best of luck and I hope you are not in here long - that you get your BFP's very soon.

Twomums - congratulations, very exciting. Look forward to hearing the great news

GL everyone!

AFM - Well had IUI yesterday so I am in TWW now - 1dpo. This time I had three big follies and DH's sperm quality was a bit better so am feeling pretty positive. The procedure hurt a lot more this time. Probably cause I didnt take the Pregnyl 5000 last time - i stuffed up and this time it was all done correctly.

Laniwantsababy - I find acupuncture painfulish, I am more sensitive around O and the pointy end of an IVF cycle, that it hurts me a bit not relaxing at all, it is not really bad but I feel like I have had enuf needles at that point! Perhaps I can speak with him about it, can't hurt.

BOC and Kmond - well done o the alcohol free thing, boy this is going to be the toughest for me I love a glass of wine just to mellow out at the end of my day but am 2 days alcohol free now!! LOL. The eating Nude thing is a fantastic idea a great concept and easy to remember. I already eat low GI and do light weights a bit of running, the gym is going to adjust my program, I have a yoga DVD I really need to get it out, I need to slow down.

Beark - 10 is a fantastic result!!!

Default Hi!

Hi Everyone!

I hope you don't mind me joining this thread I have been in the "taking Metformin / Clomid" thread until recently when I found out I need to have ICSI.
    A bit of background on us - I have PCOS with insulin resistence diagnosed in Dec 08 and DH has a very low sperm count. We have been TTC# 1 for 18months.
    Last week we meet with our FS and the nursing team and they all seem so lovely, we had our orientation on Friday where we learnt all about the injections. We are doing an Antagonist cycle and I am waiting for AF so I can start - and this month she is late (typical!) I am really excited that things are going to start happening very soon! I have been undergoing acupuncture for a couple of weeks and I really find it relaxing - hopefully there is other benefits aswell - my job is stressful so at least it is relaxing me.
    Anyway I wish everyone lots of & and hope to be hearing lots of good news for us all soon!

Mahli

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast