Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Feb 2008 #2

Shel Guest

Hi ladies,

Just dropped in to say hello as I have been a bit slow with posting but I have been trying to keep up with what is going on.

Deni, big congratulations to you, good to hear the positives.

Thanks to everyone for posting your stories, I have been learning lots from reading them, it is great to hear what others are doing

I had the trigger injection this afternoon with IUI tomorrow lunch time and acupuncture in the afternoon. There was only one at 20mm and one a bit smaller but still have my fingers crossed to see how we go. From what the FS was saying i mustn't of had a good response to the clomid.

TL - That's great that you have your lap booked in, i know i have been keen to get mine over and done with, hope the time is going quick for you. I also have a tentative lap booking for 18/3, to be confirmed by FS. I cant find your email address, can you please email me at [email protected].

Lots of babydust and good luck to everyone.........have a great day tomorrow...Shel

Hey all, thanks to everyone who welcomed me back so warmly - it was lovely to be embraced back into the fold!

Scooby: sounds like your follies are going great - I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I had pain from a few days before EPU which was exacerbated when I had a full bladder. I hope it eases a bit for you.

Peta: how annoying about your scan. I know what you mean about mentally preparing yourself for a certain date. It's very unsettling when it all changes.

Tiggerlinda: thanks mate - we're keeping our fingers crossed!

Dellydoo: I will be sending lots of your way in hopes that AF doesn't rear her ugly head.

Saph: wishing you luck with managing the mood swings - I empathise!

Salt: I have my BT on 10 March also - are we cycle buddies??? I think I read somewhere else that it was your hubby's birthday last Sunday?? Mine too! Weird huh?!

plc: thanks mate, and same to you!

Shel: good luck with the IUI tomorrow. It only takes one egg!

Deni: congratulations!!!! that's wonderful news!

Well, an update from me: I had my transfer today, and it all went to plan. It was all a bit surreal watching the egg on the screen being put inside me. My FS said it's 50/50 at this stage, so I'm trying to be realistic, but I'm just so excited. I just hope it sticks....I will be so devastated if I'm not pg.

A question for you gals who might have had this problem before: I seem to be having an attack of thrush. Is it safe to apply Canesten and take the one dose only pill??? I don't want to do anything to jeopardise my little embryo sticking, but I don't think I can handle the discomfort until the 2WW is over. Has anyone experienced this?? Would love any info on this.

Vicki
    x

Hi to all big day with the launch of our new program today

Viccki

Shel - Hi we must be buddies see you there

Sorry if I have missed people I Promise I will catch up over the weekend

Hi Ladies

Sorry to jump into your thread

I saw Vicki's post and just wanted to say that last time i had to take this stuff the chemist mentioned that you can't take the once off tablets if you are pregnant, but to use the 7 day cream as its not as strong. Hope this helps

Good luck and to you all !!

Shan

Hi Vicki, I've also heard that the pill is no good during pregnancy. If you go to the pharmacy they will let you know for sure what you can use. Welcome to the TWW!

Hi guys - just letting you know TWW is over as AF has arrived. Bit down but have called FS and have booked an acupuncture appt - It's going to be all systems go for next cycle!

good luck to all and thanks so much for your unstinting support - it means so much!
    Axx

Vicki - darling congratulations on the transfer and all the very best for your TWW - may it be discomfort free!

Default love some opinions!?!?!?!

Hi girls
    Vikki: i dont believe you can take thrush treatment while preg! It may sound disgusting but natural yogurt on a tampon or just use your fingers (sorry TMI) works a treat though, it is cold and soothes the itching plus the live bacteria in yogurt help kill off the thrush, also eat lots of yogurt or get those little pre/probiotic drinks. Good luck.
    DD: so sorry my luv its such a rough road, you sound so positive though, good on you hopefully next month will be your turn!!
    TL: good luck with the big launch today
    PG: yeeeehaaa on the transfer hope its a little sticker, 50/50 are pretty good odds i reckon. hope your TWW flies in.
    Shel: one folli is all it takes and thats a good size too, good luck tomorrow
    SP: Thanks, hope your going good.
    peta; Thanks still getting pains, it really not excruiting just uncomfortable, dont you hate that you cant zip your jeans up (or is that just me )

Well as i mentioned im looking for some opinions as i think the FS is going to throw the ball back in my court this afternoon, i now have 5 follicles, 3 are on my left (including the biggest) which is the side with no tube, and i have 2 on the right side which are only about 15mm, do i do the IUI and risk the multiples thing or do i cancel??? It so hard to be lead with your head when your hearts doing all the thinking IYKWIM. I would love your very highly valued opinions as you all know where im coming from. Thanks

Hi All,
    Well I'm devastated to say I'm back here in this thread. Got my much awaited BFP last Thursday and I don't need to say how thrilled I was- you all understand. Had some really light bleeding on the weekend and went in on Mon for what I thought would be a BT to reassure me everything was ok. But that wasn't the case. My HCG had dropped very low and I was losing my little one.

After a visit to FS on Tuesday, everything was confirmed and now I am just having blood tests every couple of days to make sure my HCG is going down and when it has reached 3 or under, I know I am out of the danger zone of this being another ectopic pg.

So now I wait..and wait..with a broken heart again. As soon as my HCG is right I'm head on into another cycle. Will be doing HRT again and also prednisone and oestrogen patches. All the big gums are coming out now it seems!! My big concern though is that I only have 2 little embies left and last cycle we had to thaw 4 just to get our 1 little one to implant.

I'm so thankful for the fact that I can get straight back into it. I'd really hate to sit around and think about all this. I know I need time to grieve but for me waiting around would just make me feel like I had no control at all over the situation.

So here I am...in a lot of physical pain today and the pain in my heart is at times overbearing. But I'm doing ok. I have a good support network of people who love and care for me very much and I will get through this. I'm trying to be really positive. I'll know I'll get that BFP again, I just hope it will be really soon.

Sorry for no personals today. I'm going to try and work out where everyone is at and then I'll chat to you all.

Take care everyone
    Will chat soon
    Bel

Hi Bel
    Oh my luv that is just awful big big hugs to you, i am just so sorry, to have been thorugh youre ep and now this it really isnt fair. You sound so positive and im glad you can get straight back into it, i agree, i know so many people cant bear the thought of going straight back in, i couldnt bear the thought of having to wait, so you do what feels right. I truly am sorry and feelin very sad Know that im thinking of you and sending lots of cyber hugs. Look after yourself darling bel and get lots of cuddles and naps with DH. :hugs:

Hi

Oh bel tha that news is just awful. to you. Rest and take it easy. Easy for me to say but keep your chin up, stay positive and i am sure it will work for you when the time is right.

Viccki for you.I have got everything crossed 50/50 is pretty good odds in this game.

Pookie - the yoghurt idea is a good one try natural first and then go for the chemical.

Scooby - i hear you darling, me personally i dont want three kids two is my limit. But if you feel in your heart that you would be okay with multiples then go for it. Any chance at it working is better then a cancelled cycle.

Bel I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't imagine the emotional pain that you are going through. I also agree with you about getting back into the cycles again as soon as possible. I don't think I could wait.

I'm sending you all the very best wishes and my thoughts are with you, your DH and your little angel.

Bel darling - I am so sorry my angel, next time sweet and you and I are going to get there together!
    take care darling!

Axx

Vicki - I wouldn't take any oral thrush treatment at this stage, but try Cranberry Juice. It's meant to be excellent for thrush treatment - a glass every morning. I was advised this by the chemist at my clinic. Congratulations on getting through that ET, hun. Wonderful news to see you back here again and in the next cycle. I wish you a very quick TWW and a wonderful result at the end of it.

Saph - I think the herbal supplement you're referring to is called Rescue Remedy. It comes in a liquid drop form that goes under your tongue or a cream which you can rub into the skin on your hand. It's a Bach Flower treatment (similar to Homeopathy) and is available at chemists. It's designed to have a quick effect when you're really stressed - each time you're having a episode of stress you use some, and it helps to calm you in a few minutes. I've used it before and it's helpful when you're feeling really worked up. Hope this helps. Hang in there!

Bel - I'm sorry to hear your news, Bel. I've been through the same thing a couple of weeks ago. I had a BFP on a number of POAS over a number of days and then started bleeding within a couple of days (heavy and very painful) and had to go through a series of BT to wait for my beta levels to drop back to 0. I am still trying to recover from the loss, and the feeling of being so close. I hope your levels drop quickly, hun. It helps in moving forward. I'm here if you need and you want to chat more. My thoughts are with you. Many hugs :hugs:

dellydoo Sorry to hear of your BFN hun. Very happy to hear that you're thinking forward and ready for the next cycle. Your positive vibes are brilliant and I'll take your lead!

TL - Brilliant!! So glad to hear you finally have your dates for lap and cycle. I've been hanging out to hear some good news for you!! Good luck, hun

Kell gotta love the quick LP! Go you! Next cycle, here she comes!! Goo Luck hun, thinking of you lots!!

Congratulations Deni! Wonderful news!! I wish you a very healthy and happy pregnancy!

Scan today shows my lining is all good, and ovaries have settled very well from last stim cycle. I've been given the go ahead for ET on Monday, the day after my birthday, so a lovely, lovely birthday present I'm feeling more scared this time after last cycle, but I think that's just a protection thing and I'm sure I'll be able to get over it. Appointment with FS today was good - she helped us decide between transfering one or two embryos (we went with one this cycle) and she is very optimistic since we had the biochemical pregnancy last cycle - believes that we just have to wait for the right embryo now, which is encouraging, despite being scared of a repeat of the same scenario as last cycle. All good for now - will update after ET - hoping that the good grade embryos we have will mean we won't need to thaw more than one little guy, so we'll see

Hi to everyone whom I haven't written personals to here - I hope that you are all doing ok. Hugs to you all.

Take care,

Miss C

Hi ladies,

dellydoo - sorry sweet about AF - just was not ur cycle - be strong hun, plenty more babydust for u this cycle (hugs)!
    scooby - I'm ok hun. Just waitin for my temps to calm down before I consider myself back to my cycle, then a swift AF, then BDing all the way to my BFP!! (one can hope after all ) hun!!! I really don't know how to advise u re ur follies - wishin u clarity of mind to make the best choice for u!!
    Peta - u and me both with not being able to stay still. Good on ya sweet!
    shel - hello and all the best, sweet!
    vicki - wishing u all the best for a very sticky sticky bub!! I did use canesten in my pg but I was about half way in pg - I personally wouldn't use it this early - yoghurt sounds good both topically and ingested.
    Sp - all good here - hope the same for you!
    Hi Miss C, TL, saph, janieand the rest of the lovely crew!

bel - honey - no amount of words can truly fix the pain just feel the hurt and grieve so that you have only guts and courage left to use so that u can go forward and make ur dream a reality. Thankfully u can go straight back into it. Take care of ur bod and ur heart

now just for something to share - I was telling the girls on another thread how I had a fantastic session at the acupuncturist yesterday. He said I'd gone backwards a bit cos of the lap and just needed to unblock some energy paths caused from scarring. This time he did something a little bit different. As well as the needles for other spots, he used a "moxa" I think it's called which just looks like a huge joint (LOL!). He held the lit end about 2 cms away from my skin at the point where he would have the needle and I had to tell him when it got too hot for me to stand. This is to generate heat through the meridians and my body. Well! It certainly did generate heat and so much energy and I think it was largely due to the smell of the moxa which smelt A GREAT DEAL like a joint (LOL!!!!). I guess I was high! Hope he does it again next week!!
    So now I smell a BFP brewing (my nostrils are very clear now after the moxa )!!

Bel that sucks sweet
    PCL - The Moxa is great isn't it
    Scooby - I am open to a multiple so I would go ahead with the belief that the universe will only give me what I can handle

Thanks for the good wishes with the launch all went well expect my boss finally got to me and I cried I am so angry with myself over that!

Anyway day 2 tommorow and she is not here

Also I had more people turn up than her fav's in the office. So back to another day tommorrow and then I can concentrate on TCC for me and DH.

Also I am moping because DH has gone away for 4 nights and I am all alone and I hate that big sook really

Oh Bel, I'm so sorry about your news, that's just awful :hugs: hang in there friend - I hope your pain lessens with time.

Dellydoo: so sorry about your news mate - bloody AF it just doesn't seem fair.

Scooby: that's a tough decision. Personally, I would go ahead with it. I agree with Tigger - you will handle whatever comes. Good luck with your decision - don't forget to let us know what you decide.

Miss C: great news about your pick-up - how exciting!

plc: keeping my fingers crossed that your acupuncturist has helped deliver you a BFP!

Tiggerlinda: yay! let's hope she stays away!

Thanks to everyone who offered advice about about my thrush problem (sorry if it's TMI!). I rang my clinic and they said I should check with the pharmacist about which thrush treatment to have, but it would be OK to take it. The pharmacist gave me the Canesten cream and said it would be OK. But I really don't want to take anything chemical that could risk me losing the embryo. Especially seeing as I am still having pessaries twice a day.

I think I will take the advice to use a bit of natural yoghurt topically and drink some cranberry juice first thing in the morning. If I get really desperate I'll consider using Canesten, but it will be a last resort.

So, I have another question now: can I use the yoghurt after putting the pessary in??? Will the yoghurt affect the way the progesterone works??? Any help would be appreciated.

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Vicki
    x

Hey Vicki

I think the pamphlet for the Progesterone Pessaries advises that it's not a good idea to be using the pessaries whilst using any other vaginal treatment. I would suppose this would include yoghurt! Perhaps the topical canestan-type cream would be ok, but I wouldn't use anything else internally whilst on the pessaries. Go for the cranberry juice, I say! Heard a story at the chemist that a woman working there who had been suffering from chronic thrush for many years starting on a glass of cranberry juice every day and hasn't had a bout of it since, for years now

Miss C

ETA: anyone know if it's normal to be on 4 pessaries a day? FS prescribed for me two in morning, two at night. The cost is one thing, but I'm more worried about the side effects if this is a lot to be taking. Not sure. Any info would be good!
    Last edited by Acacia; February 29th, 2008 at 09:19 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast